[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you really blame them? How the fuck are they supposed to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: benioffweisslarge.jpg (291KB, 630x565px) Image search: [Google]
benioffweisslarge.jpg
291KB, 630x565px
Can you really blame them? How the fuck are they supposed to end a series the original author have trouble ending it after 20 years in a few seasons?

D&D were not hired to write GOT plot from scratch. They were hired to adapt books. There was a pre-production deal in 2007 that GRRM would have the next book written and the outline for the last one done at this point.

And here we are, 7 years after they signed on to be the producers, and no books. Just a few "notes" from GRRM. They didn't sign up for this, but they're charging ahead with a purpose and trying their best to do the show justice. They've produced 7seasons in 7 years and what has GRRM done? Nothing.

I understand that it might not be perfect, but it really could be worse. GRRM has abandonded his convoluted story and left it up to D&D to tie it up and finish it. They aren't the novelists in this deal. But they want to deliver for the fans. And they're doing their best under terrible circumstances. excerpts from a post from that site but it gets the point across.
>>
>Can you really blame them?
Yes, they're jews.
>>
>>86978167
i blame them for riding a hype train when they did nothing but write shitty OC. i blame them for getting all the credit from most of the population even though GRRM did the majority of the writing for the first 4 seasons. i blame them for ruining two of my favorite characters, jaime and theon. and i hate them for looking like ugly jew goblins.
at the very least, GRRM wrote one great book. D and D have done nothing of note.
>>
>Arya's season-spanning character arc was all so she could slice Littlefinger's neck

BRAVO
>>
>>86978167
I blame them for killing Christ
>>
>>86978304
Nailed it
>>
>>86978167
>They've produced 7seasons in 7 years and what has GRRM done? Nothing.
Except, you know, for a Dance of Dragons. And the world book. And half of Fire and Blood (about which he probably talked with his publisher last week; either that or Winds of Winter).

Also, they did not have to write the plot until last season, they chose to do so. Most of Feast and Dance was not adapted at all, which would have solved many of their pacing issues and made for a more coherent story.

So, yes, I certainly blame them.
>>
The show was always about the monologues and characters relationships.

You don't need every plot point for that.

If Season 8 leaks are true they fucking butchered the ending.

Euron being the main villian when he has had no character building is retarded.
>>
>>86978823
Can you post leaks
>>
Yeah, it's called not adapting a piece of fiction that is unfinished and producing shitty schlock/unintentionally comedy/romcom level writing between your main protagonists when you run out of source material. THEY pitched the adaption. THEY wanted to adapt the books. It is THEIR fault and fuck you for trying to shit the blame to that fucking lazy piece of shit GRRM.
>>
>>86978167
>excerpts from a post from that site but it gets the point across.

>types in lowercase once he stops quoting the post

Lowercase posters. What a cancer.
>>
File: 1487993552216.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1487993552216.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>86978998
>getting triggered by someone not capitalizing their posts.

what is wrong with you?
>>
>>86978954
>GRRM relaese only 1 book since the show started
>7 years later and still no follow up
no fuck you and fuck the fat fuck
he had plenty of time and he blew it
>>
>>86979948
If HBO didn't license incomplete source material we wouldn't get cry baby faggots like you.
>>
>>86978241
Fpbp
>>
Are the recent seasons of GOT that bad?
>>
>>86980377
*teleports across Westeros*
*"yes"*
>>
>>86978256
>getting all the credit
GRRM gets a lot of praise and airtime/invitations to shit, though. So much so that it obviously detracts from his actually finishing the books.

Also, HBO has him producing another show on their network, and he's also involved with some SyFy show (I think? might be another network).

He's got plenty of attention and praise, and it's giving him lots of work (which again, is stuff other than finishing the damned books).

It's time to accept that the ASoIaF books will never be finished.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.