[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit LOST might actually be better than Game of Thrones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Lost-season1.jpg (119KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lost-season1.jpg
119KB, 800x600px
at least the story seemed coherent
>>
inb4 "they died in the crash
>>
>>86974252
GOT went to shit, but it's still nowhere near Lost's level of crap
>>
>>86974252
>might
>>
Leftovers was better. It's as good as peak Thrones but never reached any similar hype levels for some reason.
>>
>>86974346
I don't bother with these threads anymore because there are still retards out there that unironically believe that they were dead on the island the whole time and defend their stupid belief despite overwhelming evidence.
>>
This show was never coherent past season 1.
>>
File: 1503712390118m.jpg (80KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1503712390118m.jpg
80KB, 1024x576px
>Season One: Small band of characters Bond and learn about each other
>Season Two: Same group + another group on other side of the island, plus another other group that may be trying to kill them, plus Scottish Hatch man. Same stuff happens
>Season 3: Everything boils to a head and the different groups clash with each other, some get themselves rescued and then suddenly we jump cut to years in the future where nothing makes sense and WE HAVE TO GO BACK

>Season Four: explains why WE HAVE TO GO BACK

>Season Five: WE GO BACK but the island isn't there anymore and half the characters time traveled back to 1979

>Season Six: Island Jesus descends from the woods to verbosely explain what everything means, Jack punches Locke and then they were dead the whole time lmao

Was there ever a harder fall from Grace?
>>
>>86974252

If you watch lost up the end of season 5 when the bomb goes off and just assume everyone dies, it's a decent show.
>>
>>86974615
>and then they were dead the whole time lmao

Haha, I really was inb4.
>>
>>86974252
nobody on this board is old enough to remember lost
>>
>>86974252
Loved the shit ou of that except for the time travel season.
>>
File: 1110065921897.jpg (38KB, 300x857px) Image search: [Google]
1110065921897.jpg
38KB, 300x857px
>>86974770
>2004 was 30 years ago
>>
File: alg-lost-finale-jpg.jpg (46KB, 750x493px) Image search: [Google]
alg-lost-finale-jpg.jpg
46KB, 750x493px
>>86974713
Yeah yeah, I get the ending it didn't go over my head. But sincerely, it does not make a lick of sense as it is presented. Jack undoes what Jacob did to kill Flocke so that he can never leave the island so that indistinct bad things can't happen, but if there was no protector Locke wouldn't be able to undo the fucking cork himself and he'd be stuck there all the same

Consider this, anon. Pic related is what aired after the finale, I'm sure you know. Did you also know that Cuse and Lindelof lied for a decade straight about how it got there, claiming it was all the ABC executive's doing? But it was their desicion all along. To have the closing shot of the entire show be the empty wreckage that they abandoned in Season One. A place we never saw deserted during the events of the show. Just peacefully. Sitting there.

They did have a plan at the beginning. And when everyone in their mother realized the island was purgatory, they dropped it and hit the ground running.

But the real ending is still there. If you're looking for it, it becomes painfully obvious.
>>
>>86975016
just go back to GoT threads you fucking idiot
>>
>>86975016
>But sincerely, it does not make a lick of sense as it is presented.
then you're an idiot

nice head canon though, still pure shit fan fic.
>>
>>86975189
Whatever you say.
>>
>>86975175
I've literally never seen GoT and haven't invested in a TV show since Lost.
>>
>>86975016
>>86975245
What's hard to understand about events happening after the end of the show being presented in the show to show character-development, and in a show that had already proven time-travel was a thing? Like, it's a little weird to have Desmond travel into his own future, after he'd died, but he was already the wild card in that regard.

Like, okay, we're both agreeing that the show ended with them dead and going to heaven. But the trouble is agreeing when they died. The show itself present you with the premise that they died when they died. Jack is even shown dying. What is the logic in having all the characters being in "purgatory" to then die and go to... "deeper purgatory?" They died when they died, and for some people that was years, even thousands of years after Jack died on the beach next to Vincent. Like, the show outright states that this is what happened. Through dialogue. Nothing about it is convoluted or shrouded in mystery or deeper meaning of how the candle-sticks were arranged on the desk behind Jack's dad. It is outright stated that the events happening in the "flash sideways" universe was itself purgatory.

Why can't you perceive that? How does it make more sense for there to be several staged of purgatory?

If you want say the ending made no sense, then the true nonsense is certain characters not appearing to go to heaven with the rest. THe actors would not or could not return. But, that is handwaved by saying that they're going to go to heaven in their own times with their obviously more important friends/family that we never saw. This, of course, is bullshit because the events are taking place outside of our conceptualization of time. So why wouldn't they all go together, even with their other friends there too? But that niggly little thing does not explain how they died in the crash and I only bring it up to show that they had to think about it and had to explain it. They wouldn't have had to if they were all already dead.
>>
>>86976491
Furthermore, events being presented out of sequence or out of linear time was already done by the flashes forward. In this case, the flashes "sideways" were just further forward than before. It's not like it was a new concept for the show.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.