[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Note

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Death Note.jpg (12KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Death Note.jpg
12KB, 600x300px
Guys, it wasn't that bad. I never watched the anime (nor would I), but the Netflix movie was a solid 7/10. There was some questionable things in it, but it didn't spoil the movie.
>>
Why wouldn't you ever watch the anime? Especially if you're watching the movie, which as far as you know has the same story? I suspect this is bait
>>
>>86961374
I thought I was the only one who liked it. It wasn't too serious and there was some pretty good acting. The only thing I didn't like was Mia. She was annoying and felt forced, they could've did better with her character. And the guy from Naked Brothers Band wasn't that good of an actor and not as ruthless as his anime counterpart, but I think he was ok as Light.
And the anime was pretty good but went downhill when L died.
>>
>>86961374
>7/10
it was shit
>>
>>86961958
the anime is too long and has filler
>>
>>86961374
>There was some questionable things in it, but it didn't spoil the movie.

So L literally jumping to "He needs a name and a face in order to kill someone" after he, a non-criminal, was not killed on live television was fine.

His jumping to this conclusion after deducing it must be psychic abilities, psychic abilities that are hampered by a NAME of all things as he openly showed his face to a diner full of people, that was fine.

Watari not having a last name, that was fine.

The entirety of the cat and mouse game between the two being exactly three scenes, only one of which actually had them try to outsmart the other, that was fine.

The entire final scene hinging on Light pointing to Mia's textbook of all things to frame her for the crime even though she was dead at the time and he knew she'd be dead at the time or he'd be dead, that was fine.

L's acting, that was fine.

The creature effects for Dafoe, that was fine.

That finale on the ferris wheel and all the context of dead-sprint running and backtracking that was required for him to get there, that was fine.

The entire plot hinging on Light out of nowhere assuming a cheerleader would be okay with outright murdering people, that was fine.

Question, OP, what the fuck was going to spoil the movie for you?
>>
>>86962748
Not OP, but not taking itself seriously goes a long way
>>
>>86962748
yea it was fine.
>>
>>86962951
>yea it was fine.

>Question, OP, what the fuck was going to spoil the movie for you?
>>
>>86961374
>never watched the anime (nor would I

opinion discarded
>>
It's 36 episodes and most drop it 2/3's of the way through.
>>
I stopped watching almost immediately. I gave it untill I finished a sandwich and an apple.

Light went from an undefeatably intelligent badass adored by his peers to an ugly moron.
"If you beat me up that would be child abuse!" Fucking pathetic.

It was the overwhelmingly genius logic used on both sides that made the anime so good, at least until the ending that couldn't possibly have been worse.
>>
>never watched the anime
Well it kinda goes down hill once around the end
>>
>Yagami Raito shouts in surprise when he first encounters Ryuk but quickly composes himself and strikes up a conversation
>Light Turner screeches like a five year old girl and hides under a desk crying and pleading for help

>Yagami Raito has already experimented with and written many names in the Death Note by the time Ryuk shows himself
>After he gets done screaming like a bitch, Light Turner whines that he doesn't have a pen and has to be handed one by Ryuk

>Yagami Raito goes to autistic lengths to conceal the notebook and his knowledge of it, building a false drawer bottom in his desk and a self-destruct mechanism to incinerate the notebook if someone else finds it
>Light Turner literally tells some roastie in the first 10 minutes of the movie that he has a notebook that can kill people, as he sits there openly reading it in the school gymnasium

Don't be a Light Turner.
>>
>>86961958
Are you legitimately retarded? If there is any bait here, it's your post.
>>
>>86961374
I neglected to watch the anime because I basically just refused to ever watch anime before but after watching the movie last night I immediately picked up the anime.

It's actually better written (who woulda thunk) and fleshed out. I loved Willem Dafoe's Ryuk and all but seeing Ryuk in the actual anime is really weird because he doesn't seem to be as ruthless in the anime.

Also Ryuk is basically present all the time in the anime (which I love) but in the movie he's, imo, kind of underused.

In the movie, Light's acting was alright, Mia (or whatever)'s acting was below average, and L's acting was on point with the character from what I've seen and overall he's very well acted.

I can't say I didn't enjoy the movie, but I definitely noticed some weak points, most of them listed >>86962748
>>
>>86964935
They changed Ryuk's nature in the movie, which I kind of liked. In the anime Ryuk is basically neutral, he's just there to have fun and see what happens. In the movie he's more like a trickster and accepting the Death Note is basically like doing a deal with the devil. If you take it, it will pretty much fuck your life and it makes sense that using something so powerful would have consequence. This is reinforced by the "don't trust Ryuk" note, meanwhile in the anime he's just a goofy mascot, which works for the anime.
>>
>>86964935
>I loved Willem Dafoe's Ryuk and all but seeing Ryuk in the actual anime is really weird because he doesn't seem to be as ruthless in the anime.

I'm sure you've noticed how cordial Ryuk and Light's relationship is in the anime. Ryuk is definitely ruthless, he's just not actively malicious.
>>
>>86965354
Oh, and since you're watching the anime, I should mention the final climatic scene has a complete change in tone compared to the manga if you want to see how ruthless Ryuk gets.

I was pretty disappointed with how the anime handled that final scene.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.