[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

literally masterpiece compared to death not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: literallymasterpiece.png (1013KB, 1100x1148px) Image search: [Google]
literallymasterpiece.png
1013KB, 1100x1148px
wow
atleast it didnt fuck characters like this.

gotta appreciate Ghost in shell compared to death note. so bad..
>>
what if light was robut
>>
File: IMG_0741.gif (913KB, 350x188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0741.gif
913KB, 350x188px
>>86950381
Kek (*¯艸¯) At least, "Death Note" is the kind material that easy to be bumped around different cultures. "A Ghost In The Shell" definitely is like THAT, but they somehow decided to take the meaning to whole new level.
>>
>>86950381

did /tv/ dislike ghost in the shell? I never watched the anime but the movie was actually alright. I didn't even hate the movie from the get-go like I use to when johansson is the lead. decent action, decent story, and really nice visuals, I'd easily give it a 7/10

as someone who enjoyed the first season of death note, I gotta say that the movie itself is good but as an adaption with the same characters, I understand why fans could be hating on it. I mean making Mia into a "mastermind" while portraying Light of all people as a beta pussy was shit enough but ruining L as a whole was retarded. Shame that I actually liked the actors but even a great actor can't make a shitty script better
>>
>>86950381
Shit actors, shit characters, shit plot, shit flick.
2/10
>>
>>86950381

As another anon said, Death Note is easily adaptable and can be made to fit the demographic.

Primary Flaws of Death Note:
>Light was made a "bright" HS kid instead of a machiavellian genius with a god complex
>Made pussy his downfall
>The final scene was the only part that made it feel like he was a master strategist and had an overarching plan
>Took the cat and mouse chess game that L and Light played in the original and made it checkers

Primary flaws of GiTS
>Casting Scarjo, who gives a wooden performance despite playing a goddamn robot
>Sidelined the team dynamic to make it 100% about the major
>Gave her the mysterious "you aren't what you think you are" background
>Made the whole story about that
>Focused more on action than going into the insights of what humanity means when everything is digitized

Death Note essentially dumbed itself down by making Light more grounded and realistic.

Meanwhile, GiTS pretty much took an action movie spec script and gave it a layer of GiTS paint, didn't read more than a cliffsnote version of the original, and then called it a big day.
>>
At least Netflix has the anime so I can watch it at a half acceptable resolution instead of the shitty streaming I used in the past.
>>
>>86954725
>>Focused more on action than going into the insights of what humanity means when everything is digitized

The single best part of GITS is that it makes you contemplate a future where the lines between humanity and technology blur.

It provokes new thoughts, and exposes us to problems we may one day face. Time of Eve did a good job on the slice of life side of the same question. If you have an android that acts human, do you show it emotion, do you thank it when it does something? Young people will bond with technology regardless so should we indoctrinate them to prevent forming attachments? Fuck people bond with pets and they can't even communicate with them. What of a robot that helps you raise your children?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.