[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is he, dare I say it, /our guy/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: rob_ager4.jpg (32KB, 350x294px) Image search: [Google]
rob_ager4.jpg
32KB, 350x294px
is he, dare I say it, /our guy/?
>>
be sure to head over to my site collativelearning.com to buy the digital downloads!
>>
>Kubrick never did anything wrong and if you disagree you're stupid
>>
>>86946303
hey friend, we all have to make a living, one way or another
>>
>too dumb to understand Inception
>never mentions "Staircases to Nowhere: Making Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining'" documentary that debunks most of his retarded claims
>loved "Triangle" 2009
>>
>>86946228
I had no idea he was a UKIP member or that he was (wrongly) placed at the centre of a sex scandal.
>>
Most of the time i find that he goes too far with his analysis, but for some reason i find his speaching manner to be very soothing.

Sometimes he's spot on though, and provides interesting points of view.

I would buy some of his vids but i'm a broke college student.
>>
>>86946499

Elaborate on the sex scandal, please.
>>
He's too intelligent for his own good. I enjoy his Is Childs the Thing? Video,but the problem with a lot of the "hidden themes" that he tries to push is that they rarely have anything to do with the characters or subject matter of the movie. He comes across as someone who goes in hunting for ideas to support a theory, rather than gathering information and then building a theory around that.

His kubrick worship is a bit extreme too. Glad he called out Nolan on his pleb tier films masquerading as thought provoking and meaningful.
>>
>>86946228
>Stuff like that crappy Dicaprio film where he’s lost in the woods after being mauled by a bear (it’s so bad I can’t even be bothered looking up the title). Those films are crap.
Definitely /ourguy/
>>
>>86947420
He made a video about it. It's only his channel. He took on the papers that published the stories and they took them down. He was a UKIP figurehead, and if he was still living in Liverpool then it makes sense that the local press would want to slander him.
>>
>>86946228
he's right about modern films. i didn't know enough to know why i didn't like them, just knew that i didn't
>>
Yes. And after a comment on feminism and islam in a video he posted earlier today he is definitely red pilled.
>>
I think sometimes he tries a little too hard to suggest his theories are Kubrick's vision. I enjoy his faculty for observation though, as I usually watch a video of his and find a lot of nice touches I missed.
>>
I unsubbed a few years ago when he put out a video about which british party to vote for. Has he made anything good since then?
>>
>>86950692
Also, I remember hating whenever he used his own work as an example. He's a pretty smart guy sometimes but holy shit, be a little self aware of how garbage your work is.
>>
>>86950692
luckily, by now he has relegated his socio-political opinion pieces to sub-channels instead of clogging up his main channel with it.

I won't lie; I've been tempted to pick up that Death Wish 2 analysis. I know it makes me an idiot... But why watch analysis into challenging and intellectual movies when you can watch some dissect Death Wish 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPHQV6V_t4E
>>
>>86946228
sometimes he says some really good shit but then immediately after he will hvae some batshit insane theory or he'll shill his own work to death
>>
a know-nothing, pedant, pseud, etc. etc.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.