[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me a good reason why I should even watch ANY of this shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6

Give me a good reason why I should even watch ANY of this shit?
>>
GOD-TIER
DAREDEVIL S2 FIRST 4 EPISODES

HIGH-TIER
DAREDEVIL S1
DEFENDERS

GOOD-TIER
LUKE CAGE

OK-TIER
JESSICA JONES

BAD-TIER
DAREDEVIL S2 SECOND HALF

haven't seen iron fist
>>
>>86943739
i liked iron first & his japanese gf in defenders, but never watched iron fist

should i?
>>
>>86943792
Way to burst my bubble, I was just about to finish Daredevil's first season but now I'm not even hype for season 2
>>
>>86943739
Daredevil
cause donofrio
thats it
>>
>>86943739
Daredevil season 1 is pretty good
>>
>>86943739

DareDevil and Jessica Jones are great.
Luke Cage is cool too but not as good.

As for Defenders:
Jessica Jones and Daredevil are cool and have great chemistry. Their scenes are the best.

Madame Gao, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Claire, Elektra and Colleen Wing are pretty cool and have decently developed characters.

Other than that it's pretty crappy. Villains and plot kind of suck but if you like other Marvel content you'll like it at least.
>>
Am i the only one who liked defenders? Chemistry between them was amazing
>>
>>86943739
There is none. Spend your time better.
>>
>>86943830
Don't do it. Colleen is barebable but Danny is even worse, plus the fighting choreography and writing is cringeworthy at times.

>>86943792
Jessica Jones, Daredevil S2 and Luke Cage were better than Defenders. Iron Fist is a pile of crap and even worse than that.
>>
Does Moon Knight even have a spot in Disney's universe?
>>
Does Jessica Jones have good tits?
>>
>>86943952
The heroes are fine, it's the story and the villains that suck. Madame Gao and the Hand were way more mystical and threatening in DareDevil. Now they're some run of the mill bad guy organization with a random woman who all of a sudden is their leader and we just have to believe she's evil and a threat eventhough we never see her in action. All she does is talk to Elektra and feel sick. Seriously they ruined the Hand and wasted Sigourney Weaver on a terribly written character
>>
>>86943739
>Give me a good reason why I should even watch ANY of this shit?

You shouldn't.

Daredevil Season 1 = Good, not great
Daredevil Season 2 = Utter shit
Jessica Jones = Worst show on TV
Iron Fist = Terrible
Luke Cage = Boring Crap
Defenders = Hugely disappointing
>>
File: lukecage.png (89KB, 608x409px) Image search: [Google]
lukecage.png
89KB, 608x409px
*clears throat*
>>
>>86944032
Moon Knight doesn't exist in Disney's Marvel Universe yet.

So far for the Netflix shows it's just Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, the Punisher and they're hinting at Hellcat with Trish Walker and
there was a Angela Del Toro/White Tiger Easter Egg. With all of the Netflix shows getting new seasons the list of superheroes will probably expand at some point though.
>>
>>86943739
DD1 good, DD2 fine fist half great punisher, trash everyting else
JJ and Luke are fine for a watch, especially for the villans.
But Iron fist is one of the shittiest thing ever so say away form it.
>>
>>86943739
You already think its shit, so what are you asking here for?

If you wanted to you could watch Daredevil for the fights and Punisher, maybe JJ if you like Tennant enough to overcome your hatred of female protagonists but that's on you. I don't like her that much either but Kilgrave and Simpson are both fun to watch when they go off the deep end.
>>
>>86944221
>Jessica Jones = Worst show on TV
Shit taste. Had the best villain and plot out of all the shows. Far better than any of the other series except for Daredevil.
>>
>>86943841
The first half of the season is pretty much good enough for me to forgive the second half. It was just a little dull and full of repetitive ninja fights.
>>
File: image.jpg (209KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209KB, 1400x700px
All you really need to watch is Daredevil S1 and S2, Iron Fist, and then Defenders.

Daredevil for actual good TV, Iron Fist for the lore and background of the Hand, and Defenders is like Iron Fist S2 where he and Daredevil beat the Hand. Iron Fist on it's own isn't a good series, but it gives you the most background info on what the Hand is really about. Daredevil gives you the lore behind Electra, and some additional lore for the Hand.

Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are entirely skippable and you can learn everything about them from just Defenders - theres not much to them. Daredevil has the most relevance and Iron Fist has the most experience fighting the Hand as it's his sole purpose for existence.

There is no counterarguement to this and despite my reddit spacing, I am entirely correct and have summed this up better than anyone in this thread.
>>
>>86944698
Doesn't change the fact that Iron Fist is shit and fucked up the Hand
>>
>>86944398
Worst show ever. JJ is a detestable cunt who thinks the entire world revolves around her. She literally rips the head off a mentally challenged male to prove a point. She cares nothing for the suffering of his family. No reasonable human being could support this show or this character and you're a bad person if you do.
>>
>>86944833
>She literally rips the head off a mentally challenged male to prove a point. She cares nothing for the suffering of his family.
So she's perfect then?
>>
>>86944934
>She cares nothing for the suffering of his family.
But he killed said family
>>
>>86943739
Daredevil season 1 is ok, everything else is abysmal
>>
>>86944763

I said that Iron Fist wasn't good as a series, but it had the most lore about the Hand. No other series explains how they keep resurrecting, or how they are global, how they started and why, etc. We're in agreement here I think.

As a side note for anyone who likes Punisher - he could arguably be the most fun out of any of them, but his story is ultimately a side story compared to the Hand. IF, DD, and Elektra are the main characters for the main story.
>>
>>86944698
You missed some relevant information, like the fact that Daredevil season 2, Iron Fist and Defenders are all absolute shit and should not be watched under any circumstances
>>
>>86944934
Edge lord faggot. You're trying way too hard.
>>
>>86943739
You shouldn't...
>>
>>86945074

If you're not interested in the universe, then yeah - don't watch any of them. That's kind of implied that people aren't going to watch shit they have no interest in. DD S1 is the best, but if you don't a give a shit anyway you're not going to watch it...

And honestly S2 Daredevil was decent because it expanded the story and gave info about why Elektra is important to the hand. Plus Punisher is the goat and the more of him on screen, the better
>>
>>86944969
The Hand is done now though. Don't think they'll be back.
Madame Gao probably survived and will be back for Iron Fist with Steel Serpent stuff but that's it. All the separate shows will continue as before with Daredevil probably focusing on Fisk for S3 and finding out Matt's identity.
>>
I thought the Defenders was just the Avengers with a lower budget, unrecognisable superheroes, and weaker threats.

Dropped
>>
>>86945283

Perhaps the Hand is done - if that's the case, then yes the story will not center around them anymore. But up until now, the Hand has been the "final boss." I feel like they were defeated way too easily in Defenders though - and we still don't know if Elektra is still out there. Daredevil lived so she could have too. Also true about Gao - they might have mined enough dragon bones to make some more black goo and start reviving people - I think the casket still works if they can get more black goo.

I feel like DD will go downhill without Elektra and Punisher in it. His story isn't really big enough to just be him battling Fisk, that's not really as interesting as fighting the Hand.

Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are so small-time they shouldn't even continue. Iron Fist will become irrelevant if the Hand is done; if the Hand comes back, Iron Fist has to be there. IF could get better with less corporate boring shit and more actually powerful bad guys with more mystical powers and shit that actually seems intimidating. But yeah, like 3 or 4 fingers of the Hand got they're heads chopped off, so who knows if Gao can get more powerful allies. I think Sigourney Weaver didn't get her head chopped, so theoretically she could somehow be revived if they got her body out before the building collapsed.
>>
>>86944032
I remember someone mentioning that he was supposed to be showing up in one of the shows, but who fucking knows?
Personally I like when the shows aren't as capeshitty as possible. I miss when super heroes stopped street crimes, bank roberies, and gangs.
Every story doesn't need to be about super villains trying to blow up or take over the earth.
Best part about daredevil season one is where he's still figuring things out and shaking down little fish to get to bigger fish. Or luke cage dismantling cottonmouth's operation.
>>
>>86946043
I'd like to see luke and iron fist sharing a show. Buddy cop capeshit could work.
I think jessica jones would work better if they focused on different cases, either episodic or in two and three parters. Almost like a procedural wannabe-noir detective show.
>>
>>86946518

Luke only cares about Harlem, IF cares about the global reach of the Hand. The series would only work if they can reconcile those opposing world views... I don't think LC and IF really work together outside of the Defenders. IF isn't going to stop traveling the world just to help LC save Harlem, and LC isn't going to leave NYC to help Iron Fist fight the hand elsewhere... or even just in NYC. Luke didn't give a shit about the Hand until they started fucking with Harlem youths, and IF never gave a shit about Harlem and still doesn't.

Jessica Jones I admit I dont give two shits about. Not gona watch that regardless so cant comment on that. I'm just waiting for the Punisher at this point.
>>
File: 1501230959123.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1501230959123.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>86943739
>>
Only daredevil first season and the half of the second one are good, I hope Punisher will be good
>>
>>86947261
Is this intentionally off?
The cut to him should happen early.
>>
>>86947148
The end of the Defenders shows Danny basically taking up the mantle of Daredevil and protecting to streets of NY. Hes done with the Hand.
>>
>>86947261
not gonna lie danny/colleen are qt as fuck
>>
>>86947148
You know they were a duo in the comics, right?
>>
File: 1485031166479.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485031166479.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>86947755
voted most popular marvel netflix couple
>>
>>86948045
Why the fuck is he so skinny and frail
>>
>>86943792
>HIGH-TIER
>DEFENDERS

>BAD-TIER
>DAREDEVIL S2 SECOND HALF

Defenders is essentially just a direct extension of everything that made the later portion of Daredevil S2 suck once you get past the crossover stuff which ends up being pretty superficial, unless you saw Iron Fist... which you didn't.
>>
>>86944132
I was waiting for Sigourney's character to deliver, expecting some kind of payoff since all she was doing was putting all her eggs in the Elektra basket. But then Elektra just kills her, making her look like an idiot and severing the one relationship she appeared to have in a show. So yeah, her character ended up being a pointless middleman.
>>
>>86944221
>Daredevil Season 2 = Utter shit
did you forget the first half there
>>
>>86944398
Killgrave was good in small doses and when he was surrounding in mystery. But as a result of being the only real villain for the entire show, the mysteriousness about him faded quick, they ended up dragging him through the dirt and making him feel weak way too early into the series and in the end he only ends up getting away so many times because the supporting cast in JJ are a bunch of idiots. I assume they wanted to give him 'depth', but making him into a scared manchild backfired completely.
>>
I'm still salty. The only thing in this series I hated before Defenders was the Elektra/Hand stuff in Daredevil Season 2. Awful character, and you get absolutely no sense of chemistry between her and Matt. Hell, the flashbacks just make you feel like the characters are FURTHER apart. Yet they expect you to sympathize with her, and seem to think you are rooting for her and Matt to get together.

And oops. That's literally what the Defenders ended up being. The Elektra show starring Elektra. It's like they knew exactly what I didn't want.
>>
File: Supergirls.png (374KB, 1504x677px) Image search: [Google]
Supergirls.png
374KB, 1504x677px
Which?
>>
>>86947997
>>86947148
>You know they were a duo in the comics, right?

That was my immediate thought. These people speak on the shows and characters without really knowing anything about them or where they pull the material from
>>
>>86950365
Sidekick gf because Ellen Page in Super.

and she'd make a good superslut
>>
>>86944763
>and fucked up the Hand
Not as bad as the Defenders. In Iron Fist you just thought you were dealing with some minor branch of the hand that focused on turning urban youth into their soldiers.
Bakuto was a shit villain, but It wasn't until Defenders that he was presented as being one of the big bad. Hell, I thought it was clear he wasn't a major threat with how Colleen kicked his ass in Iron Fist. Telling us that someone that weak could be one of the very top members of the hand? THAT is ruining the hand.
>>
I thought Danny was annoying in his own show, but I thought it was pretty fucked up when suddenly the rest of the cast gangs up on him, knocks him out and ties him up just because they think he needs to be as far away from The Hand as possible. And just as a predicted, tying him up just made it easier for The Hand to get him in the end. Way to go, 'heroes'.
>>
>>86943739
I like "Daredevil" = "Jessica Jones" > "Luke Cage". I haven't checked "Iron Fist" & "Defenders", yet.
>>
>>86943739
skip Iron Fist and Luke Cage, watch JJ if you like Tennant, watch Daredevil S2 for Punisher and S1 of Daredevil. Defenders is basically the boring shit from Daredevil.
>>
>>86946043
>I think Sigourney Weaver didn't get her head chopped,
They specifically showed Elektra doing this after the stab. Yeah, I know it's awful that her character ended up being so pointless. but she is gone.
>>
>>86943739
there's no good reason to watch these shows. there's no good reason to watch a great deal of shows or movies but we still do it anyway.
>>
>>86943739
Daredevil is excellent, same with Jessica Jones. Luke Cage is p. good until Cottonmouth isn't there. Watch the others if you feel like it.
If you're one of those brand wars faggots, then why even bother making this thread?
>>
>>86944405
Show picks up a bit when Kingpin shows up and Frank franks people in prison.
>>
I like Iron Fist.
>>
>>86944763
>>86950521
Madam Gao still had dignity in Iron Fist too, even after being captured. Defenders made her into a groveling bitch for both Alexandra and then Elektra. Completely removed my interest in the character.
>>
>>86951287
I tried my hardest too, but only really enjoyed the tournament/challenge episode.
>>
Why the fuck can't we go back to mob boss shit with daredevil

Had enough of this ninja garbage
>>
>>86944698
>Iron Fist
Don't listen to this retard, it's by far the weakest of the bunch. It's probably some hipster begging for attention.
If you're just going to watch two of the shows, watch DD and Jessica Jones.
>>
>>86944833
>She literally rips the head off a mentally challenged male
Moooods, /r9k/ is leaking again.
>>
It's funny how everyone agreed Daredevil S2 post Punisher and Iron Fist were garbage but now people are defending the Defenders even though it is literally a combination of both those stories.

>>86951356
Dude, read his post. He's just saying it's relevant to the story/lore of Defenders. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are much better shows but they are pretty much just guest characters.
>>
>>86951332
I hear you man. I get it was in the comics, and related to his training, fine. But it doesn't fit his style at all. And Matt just acted like a mouth breathing retard whenever Electric Nachos was around.
>>
>>86951332
The ninja storyline seems like is done completely now for DareDevil though. The Hand and the Chaste seem to be over completely. DareDevil S3 will focus back on to Fisk and some new villain.

The ninja/kung fu stuff will probably only be occurring in Iron Fist from now on.
>>
>>86951826
I want to believe you, but they refuse to give Elektra a conclusive death, and Matt's world apparently revolves around her. If Matt, a normal human could survive the tunnel collapse, Elektra most likely did too. And it's not like the dragon bones are gone, just buried.
>>
>>86944833

Get a load of this moralizing moralfag.

A lot can be said about the Netflix marvel shows but you just dismiss a show because you disagree with the morality of the protagonist? I guess you hate the Sopranos and Breaking Bad and Dexter and The Wire too because they had protagonists that were, to varying degrees, flawed characters or total assholes and murderers.
>>
talking about superhero movies in any shape or form is fucking pathetic even if you circlejerk how much you dislike them
>>
Jessica Jones>Daredevil>Luke Cage>>>>>>>>>Iron Fist
They're all right shows overall. Nothing spectacular, but I enjoy them. Iron fist is garbage tier though.
>Wistful chuckle in literally every conversation
>absolute garbage tier action
>hes just generally just really fucking stupid
>Weak looking af
>Does very little of interest with powers and is too dumb to take advantage of fights by being clever
>why didnt they give him a mask so we could have a stunt double capable of actual ass whooping instead of shaky cutouts
>capable of only 2 facial expressions
>>
>>86948045
I wish they'd have given him more to eat.
>>
>>86952854
You missed the show's biggest problem, being a big disjointed mess. The first like three episodes of the show feel totally directionless and the Meachum siblings ended up being totally pointless characters just taking up screen time.
>>
Claire Temple, enough said.
>>
>>86943739

Watch it if you want to. If not, fuck off already.
>>
>>86943739
Tick and Gotham are much better choice than your pic related
>>
>>86943739
Because as shit as they are, their better than the movies of both capeshit universes.
>>
>>86952932
Yeah, you're right anon, thanks for another good point on why this show sucks. I'm sure theres plenty more as well, if I felt like making a longer list. Its ruining Defenders for me. I want to like it, but Iron Fist is just too big of a part of it for me to properly enjoy.
>that pathetic attempt at a fight/chase scene in the first few minutes of the episode
>>
>>86943739
Don't want, don't watch. Nobody cares about you or what you watch, faggot.
>>
>>86950465
>>86947997

Nah I know they teamed up in the comics, but Netflix adaptations change shit up all the time from source material. Take a look at Death Note as the latest example - shit was hardly anything like the source material.

They way they portrayed LC and IF is LC helps the little man on the street and IF focuses on the big picture. How can IF be satisfied stopping street criminals after fighting the Hand on a global scale?
>>
>>86952854
I'm not sure what people saw in Jessica Jones to hold it so highly. I thought it was boring at best. It might have been better if the Killgrave story was condensed considerably and they moved forward, but it just felt like a chore with all the new ways they came up for Killgrave to still be at large. Also Jessica's BFF was such an annoying liability of a character.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.