[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was way better than it had any right to be. Pure capekino.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: The Tick 2016.jpg (980KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
The Tick 2016.jpg
980KB, 590x393px
This was way better than it had any right to be. Pure capekino.
>>
Just finished it. The show was pretty funny and I look forward to there being more.
>>
>>86942540
Pud
>>
>>86942540
I hope you guys are not shilling.
I love the Tick cartoon and I have high hopes for this show now.
Please don't disappoint.
>>
>>86942772
The show is nothing like the cartoon, it's much more dramatic and grounded in "reality". I've watched the show as a kid when it used to air on CN and even though I loved it back then, I liked this way more now.

IMO, the best part about the show is that the dramatic parts are done really well. Most of the characters are also likable and are easy to sympathize with, even the villains (except Ramses).
>>
>>86943033
I need to know, does it have the following characters:

- BatManuel
- The chairface guy
- Omnipotus [probably not, since its more grounded in reality]
- SarCastro [probably not, he was a one-time character]
>>
>>86943181
I have no clue what or who will be introduced in the following episodes, but the first six episodes are focused on Arthur, the Tick, Arthur's sister, The Terror, Overkill, Ramses and the lightning lady. That's it.

Also, I forgot to mention that the show is much bloodier than one might expect with Overkill eviscerating people on the screen left and right.
>>
>>86943181
I effin loved Sarcastro

He only had a couple of lines in that one episode but imagine the potential if he was bought out by DC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvbuGqYzc4Y

Also, what is Squirrel Girl doing in Tick?
>>
yep, better version of Venture Bros
>>
didn't expect it to be as good as it was
>>
Yeah it's really good so far.

Hoping some more characters are added later on tho.

Was originally very disappointed to know Patrick Warburton wasn't gonna return as the tick but Peter does a wonderful if not a better job as the tick.
>>
File: LAYsm.jpg (37KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
LAYsm.jpg
37KB, 600x424px
>/TV/
>thinking anything with Peter Serafinowicz in would be shit
>>
>Only 5 new eps since the pilot
I hate this "split season" meme
>>
It's really not very good. Kinda dull. I lost interest after the first two eps.
>>
>>86942540
Yeah I thought it was alright. Liked how they played on Arthur being schizo. But I felt like Tick's overdramatic hero speeches weren't quite absurd enough. Same thing with a lot of other gags in the show, there just wasn't enough visual umph to it so it overall felt very flat. The Dirk Gently Holistic Detective Agency with Elijah Wood had a similar problem, especially when compared to the British version from a few years ago. There just wasn't enough humor in the direction and visuals to complement the dialogue. These shows really need to study Month Python much much more.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.