[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did 700k people need to have the episode explained to them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (88KB, 750x546px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 750x546px
Why did 700k people need to have the episode explained to them?
>>
because some people didn't read the book or don't discuss the show endlessly on the internet and forget things that happened earlier so might miss some things.
>>
+1 more
>>
its satire now

most of the video is just him shitting on DND
>>
You're surprised by this?

90% of the people that watch the show do so to seem interesting/relevant. I'm sure the majority of people that watch don't know any of the characters' names.
>>
>>86939535
>dont like GoT
>dont want to pay for HBO
>watch free youtube summeriesso i can pretend I watch and my coworkers think Im cool
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_6j7RDaL6E

not bad actually
>>
File: 1503437916475.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503437916475.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>86939535
>that feel when he was actually decent on his first few videos and now everything he posts is completely shit
>>
>>86939706
Yeah when I watched this show back in S2 I literally knew none of the character's names.
>redhead
>cool dwarf guy
>sisterfucker
>brother fucker
>that one asshole kid
>handsome guy
>curly hair guy
>mom stark
>ugly stark (anya?)
The show after season 1 was trash anyway so I'm glad I put it down never to be picked up again.
>>
>>86939535
i'm sorry your shitty "omg here's what happened" video only got 3 views
>>
After HBO cancelled After the Thrones people didn't have anywhere to have thing spelled out for them.
>>
alt shift x is such an annoying faggot, by far the worst got youtube channel. he just takes a bunch of crap from reddit and makes a video about it
>>
>>86939895
Good for you?

It's not the most complicated show and it's pretty standard in fantasy to have a shit ton of characters.
>>
>>86939535
>/ourboy/ Preston rants about how white people can't produce good show about slavery
>Mr. Reddit-man Alt Shift X rants about stupid femenism agenda of DnD
how the tables have turned
I'm still /teamPreston/
>>
File: preston-senpai.jpg (53KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
preston-senpai.jpg
53KB, 512x512px
There's only one good GoT youtuber
>>
>>86939895
that's not too bad desu, you even got Anya's name right
>>
>>86939622
Lol ive ever only watched every episode once and i very seldomly browse the got threads and i understand every plotpoint/throwback to earlier seasons. Im at >140iq though so i may have a better memory Than most
>>
It's not about him explaining the episode, but about listening to his disappointment with the characters, the show , and his life in general. You can sense his realization of his own failures while he described scenes that utterly rape the original characters, and treat the audience in the most condescending manner possible.

It's refreshing because he used to defend this crap in season 5, but this season, it's become too much for him.
>>
File: tom-baker-4th.jpg (33KB, 570x400px) Image search: [Google]
tom-baker-4th.jpg
33KB, 570x400px
The fact is a lot of people are confused by or completely misunderstand narrative.

It's more common than people realize because for most of them they won't ask questions because they don't want to look stupid. Once they are more comfortable with someone they will ask more questions, like when you are watching a show with your girlfriend and she starts to ask questions about every character "Why did he do that?" "Why is he so angry with him?" "Why are they going there?". I'm not saying it's only women, a lot of guys have the same problems, it's just an example people will understand.

It's probably just the way the brains of a significant amount of people operate, I would be horrified to know how high a percentage it is. It may be part of an inability to put yourself in the characters place and understand what they are feeling and why, so maybe another empathy bug (there are a few). Or maybe just a flat inability to remember more than a few overlapping motivations simultaneously (this would be a neocortex problem then). Regardless, some people really don't understand why characters are doing anything beyond the most basic actions such as running out of a burning house. Any internal motivations or moral conflicts or something like say a man who lets himself be put in a situation where he will die because he secretly wants to die are invisible to them unless the character says these things out loud.

This is also one of the reason we get such terrible writing sometimes with mainstream stuff. Because they test it with audiences and the audience says "I don't understand why this character did that" and they have to reshoot a scene and have someone explain their motivation out-loud or have it explained in conversation.
>>
>>86939535
People in general have shit attention spans and memories. The show cut down on characters considerably because of this ,but I still need to constantly remind people who's who and what's what.
>>
File: Pepe_Conspiracy.jpg (177KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_Conspiracy.jpg
177KB, 864x864px
>>86939681
>most of the video is just him shitting on DND

With good reason. They're hacks. My GF has been loyal to the show for years. She watches their commentary at the end of each episode, while I'm playing games. I hear them both, TRY SO FUCKING HARD to prove that they can write original material with GRRM.

It's painful. Everything commentary feels like I'm back in high school, listening to 15 year old girls in anime club talk about their fan fictions. And by that I mean, they would blow their fan fictions and ships up to be equal to works of Shakespeare or Kubrik.

All pain. I don't know how GoT fans continue to support this show.
>>
>>86940507
My IQ is only 120 at best according to iqtest.dk (I think it's more likely around 110) so I need as many helpful reminders as I can get.
>>
>>86939622
this

normies don't spend 3hrs a day in /got/
>>
>>86940507
>this post
>140 iq
>>
>>86939535
He needs his patreons, Anon. His mother is in a coma.
>>
I watch this before each episode just to remember what happened before. Also not everyone is as quick witted as you, 4chan NEET virgin.

Why do you even care lol?
>>
>>86939895

You should try reading LOTR (especially when the films hadn't been released).

Not only are there pages and pages of names, but every character has their father mentioned too.

The only pages that aren't filled with names are when the characters are singing.
>>
>>86940073
alt shift x has always been our guy
>>
>>86940947
Every sunday there is a watch party with people from my dorm and 90% of the people there literally can not fathom any complex character motivations. I'm basically the only bookfag who goes and people constantly ask questions (especially girls not saying that the guys aren't as dumb just saying the girls are far more vocal about it). Most common is people being like why doesn't everyone in westeros love Dany she is so badass and has dragons like why wouldn't you want her to be queen? I try to explain that her only claim is her father was king and people overthrew him because he was an inbred maniac who burned people alive for sport and that no one in westeros has been watching GOT for 6 seasons so they have no idea what kind of person she is. Like of course you like her character you have basically spent years watching her grow up and become a powerful leader in this show, the showrunners have specifically crafted her character to make her the hero. Or Jaime charging the dragon a few episodes ago. Like you people can't understand a night who tries to fight a dragon? Of course he knows he will probably die do you people not understand that he is willing to die for what he thinks is right? It infuriates me but girls actually talk to me so i'm dreading the end of the season.
>>
>>86939770
>7:22
I know it's not 1:1 but was the island they were taking shelter on the same island where the Night King was born? If that river got blocked off and that area got flooded it could match.
>>
>>86940947
The number must be astoundingly high. It's because the world is more superficial thanks to the internet.

Young adults and teens are the most like this. They are used to blatant character motivations and shallow movies, so they don't receive subtle character cues.

In the emantime, adults do, because they grew up during a time in which plays and movies that needed some deeper thinking like The Godfather, Jaws, Chinatown, The Shining, were popular.

Younger adults (now in their 30's) had Goodfellas, Die Hard, Forrest Gump and Cast Away that made a big cultural impact. Their brains were also conditioned to putting themselves in the actors' footsteps.

It's not that people are dumber, it's just that this "part" of human intelligence isn't at the forefront in today's society.
>>
>>86942496
>3hrs
>inferred this is a significant amount of time
constantinanza.jpeg
>>
>>86939955
You argue like a woman
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.