[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>CGI is 16 years old >Still looks pretty great What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Balrog500ppx.png (299KB, 582x261px)
Balrog500ppx.png
299KB, 582x261px
>CGI is 16 years old
>Still looks pretty great

What went right?
>>
they took a lot of time and care to get the balrog right.

there's other effects shots that don't hold up because production was so rushed towards the end, some completed just a few weeks before TT and ROTK hit theatres.
>>
>>86934377
bullshit. lotr was in pre-production for years, they had plenty of time to finish things up. all the effects still stand the test of time.
>>
>>86934409
if you watch the making of with the extended editions they show it happening, they were down to the wire.
>>
>>86934409
Somebody post Legolas surfing down the stairs
>>
>>86934483
post it yourself fucking faggot
>>
Fellowship was just a masterpiece, wasn't it?
I remember seeing it in the cinema for the first time with my dad and being absolutely blown away.
>>
Someone post the webm of the CGI demon thing from Spawn.
>>
>>86934377
Yeah, ROTK had a few noticeably wonky scenes, but TT I don't think suffered at all, although it's not quite on the same level as Fellowship.
>>
>>86934506
Nah nigger
>>
File: warcraft.webm (2MB, 980x403px) Image search: [Google]
warcraft.webm
2MB, 980x403px
>>86934324

Lighting. It's mostly dark allowing them to cover up more imperfections compared to something in broad daylight. Same goes for the T Rex in Jurassic Park. Basically the same trick they used to use for practical effects, and it still works. Broad daylight runs the risk of you noticing awful shit like pic related
>>
>>86934324
It's mostly black and shadow and they spent a lot of time on it

Saying that, Gollum looks pretty good too. Jar Jar looks good, despite everyone hating him. Because they took the time to make it look good rather than pump it out as quickly as possible.

How do the ghosts and the spider in RotK hold up?
>>
>>86934952
Wow, that's a bit shit
>>
>>86934741
When Gandalf and the Balrog are plummeting, its pretty bad cgi wise.
>>
File: kingseeker_frampt.jpg (164KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
kingseeker_frampt.jpg
164KB, 900x900px
>>86934476
>PJ still filming scenes for the extended edition of RotK after it swept the Oscars.
He cared so much. I only wish he wasnt forced to blunder through The Hobbit at nonstop pace.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.