[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Tom Just destroyed the ring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Hola_gai_dol!.jpg (13KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
Hola_gai_dol!.jpg
13KB, 260x194px
Why didn't Tom Just destroyed the ring?
>>
>>86934011
He was a faggot
>>
He was too busy hitting a tree with a stick while he sang to it.
>>
Tom Bombadile is the clearest evidence that LotR was a hack.
>>
>>86934011
He couldn't
That crossposters, who never read the books but want to pretend to for upvotes, fetishize him so much is cringey as fuck.
>>
He was secretly a spy working for Sauron
>>
>>86934011
autism
>>
>>86934011
Tom didn't want to. Tom is the uncaring void.
>>
>>86934011
Because destroying ring is dildos
>>
Only heat as hot as the lava of mount Doom could destroy it and the magic it held. Unless bombadill could summon up some magma or had thermonuclear farts he couldn't destroy it.
>>
>>86934011
He was an agent of discord.
>>
Homosexuals were the only ones that were allowed to carry the ring.
>>
sneed
>>
File: SNEED.jpg (227KB, 608x1484px) Image search: [Google]
SNEED.jpg
227KB, 608x1484px
>>86936136
>>
>>86934011
Because Tom was nothing more than the physical manifestation of the Earth itself. It doesn't give a shit about anything that goes on because it will outlast everything.

That's my interpretation of Tom anyway. It ties up some loose ends the books never get to like why he's THE oldest thing on earth.
>>
He didn't give a shit about the perils of mortals
>>
>>86936903
>>86936903
Also why the council wonders if Tom will survive should Sauron prevail. The response is only if that power lies in the earth itself. Don't have the book on hand or I'd direct quote.

The importance Gandalf put on having a conversation as the doer vs the moss.
>>
>>86934011
Detached, what are you doing about the ant colony 4 blocks away from your house fighting over the core of an apple?
>>
>>86934011
All rings matter.
>>
>>86936903
>>86937138
That's an interesting take.
>>
>>86937176
A friend asks you to clean up the place. What now?
>>
>>86937729
>Friend
What has he ever done for me?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.