[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Note (2017)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 30

File: vlcsnap-2017-08-27-09h13m53s846.png (384KB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-27-09h13m53s846.png
384KB, 1280x534px
>woman ruins everything
at least they got something right
>>
>>86926309
But this reviewer liked the movie and she has pretty good opinions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oraIZC98_78

Haven't seen movie yet but apparently reason it gets hate is because they rush a lot of stuff and the movie is around a love interest

I have never watched the anime so can someone tell me what Light's motivation is?
>>
>>86927454
anime Light's motivation is to create a perfect world where evil doesn't exist. he starts to believe that he's god. it's pretty great. it was the first anime i watched when i decided to get into them
>>
>>86927454
Movie Light's motivation is to get laid. And to kill all criminals because why not.
>>
watching it now. Is lights dad played by the dude who played kramar?
>>
>>86927454
>woman with a shit tastes
Nothing unusual here.
>>
>>86929606
It's Shea Whigham anon, but I can't blame you entirely since his hair is fucking ridiculous in it.
>>
>>86929721

I had to IMDB him since I knew he was in something.

Honestly, I liked it more than I was expecting to.

Solid 7/10

I liked the first half of the anime series.

8/10
>>
>>86927454
>I have never watched the anime so can someone tell me what Light's motivation is?
Basically he's a high school super chad who has a god complex and wishes to create a world where only the just and righteous will prosper and anyone who is corrupt or wicked shall perish.
>>
Oh, it's out already. Is it as shit as everyone presumed?
>>
File: 1503769624986.gif (1MB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
1503769624986.gif
1MB, 316x320px
>>86930586
Nah

https://3.lithi.io/VAOGr.webm
>>
>>86930652
Lakeith Stanfield is literally Mr Game and Watch, what a lanky faggot
>>
>>86929236
>And to kill all criminals because why not.

To prove to his dad he could do better. Half the movie happens because he and his dad don't understand each other.
>>
>>86926309
>le edgy women hating comment
>I'm just like you guys, please accept me before I kill myself because I'll never get laid :((((
>>
I thought Willem Defoe was a good choice for Ryuk and I was right, plus they found a way to render him in the flesh that didn't look like shit but yeah, they cut way too much. Still, we've got plenty of room for sequels.
>>
>>86930983

>le white knight comment
>surely someone will reward me with sex now
>i'm one of the good ones
>>
>that scene where he just outright tells L that he's Kira
I mean literally everything he does before that is fucking stupid but that may be the moment where the stupidity peaks
>>
>>86930652
Virgin run
>>
>>86927604
anime Light is too intelligent for sex

10/10 teenage character
>>
File: 1502212603133.jpg (22KB, 350x311px) Image search: [Google]
1502212603133.jpg
22KB, 350x311px
>>86930983
>>
>>86926309
this bitch really killed the movie for me
currently have 45 minutes left because at least ill finish it
the light actor sucks and holy shit this movie is fucking bad man
>>
>>86931280
this. In the movie he seems so horny, in the anime he uses women to get what he wants, pretty sure he is asexual or gay or something. In the movie he is such a pussy
>>
>>86926309
I was surprised that it wasn't completely terrible
>>
>>86931280
just like me
>>
>>86929236
Paper Towns 2 : Death Note
>>
This movie is like if Japan took Hannibal Lecter and turned him into a cute anime girl call Hanni-chan who with the help of a talking Starling called Clarissu becomes a magical girl that turns evil bad guys into food and eats them
>>
Even if you did get evidence what Light was doing or he confessed, how could you even convict him? He literally just wrote names in a book, there's no precedent for magic shit
>>
>>86931565
I'm quite certain that the law in any country allows for a conviction based on causing the death of others.
>>
>>86931565
>how could you even convict him?
I'd just write his name in the book then burn it.
Case closed.
>>
>>86931611
He could say he didnt know it was true and only used names from 4chan
>>
>>86931611
You have to establish that the person is actually cause the deaths somehow. You can't convict someone of a crime that they cannot possibly have committed. You'd have to prove the existence of magic in court.

At least in America, under European law a confession is enough, or just the coincidence of death and names in the book.
>>
>>86931555
Right except in your scenario Japan while doing this also has to be the home of all world entertainment media, the country that has Hollywood and which sets the standard worldwide, which spreads its material to every corner of the globe. And to the unwashed masses Hanni-chan *is* Hannibal Lecter. Because that version of the vision is the only version they will ever see. Because they want to watch Hanni-chan without subtitles. So Hanni-chan really might as well be the real thing. The original now.
>>
the biggest fuck up is renaming him to light turner. they should have just stuck wth light yagami and cast some Asian fuck for bonus diversity points
>>
>>86931702 see >>86931688
By doing that you can at least say "well they didn't fuck up Light Yagami at least, just some numale frosted tips beta"
>>
>>86931510
>have to be 18+ to post etc etc
>>
>tfw Dafoe's lines were done within 20 minutes
we could have had it all
>>
>>86931702
Diversity doesn't include east asians
>>
>Changing the main character's motivation from creating a crime-free utopia to being SO THIRSTY for pussy
They remade Light into the epitome of a pathetic angry virgin. If he hadn't found the death note he would have shot up his school because nobody wants to fuck him.
>>
>>86931085
>be me
>have gf
>have lost virginity
>don't hate women
Really makes you think
>>
>99% of 4chan's critic amounts to "its not like my weeb shit"
>>
>>86932347
Wow you truly are an accomplished human being.
>>
>>86932343
>to being SO THIRSTY for pussy

And father issues
>>
>>86932343
Light was a Mary Sue faggot in the original series anyway. A million steps ahead of the super detective trained since birth to be a super detective, and only ends up losing in the very last episode, because it couldn't end any other way.
>>
>>86932353
>99% of 4chan's critic amounts to "he just wanted pussy"
Fixed. It's not even fucking true since he argues with her over the Death Note on a regular basis and continues being Kira after she dies.
>>
>>86932367
I don't pretend to be an accomplished human being anon. But if simply having sex is enough to think like a grown-up then you've got to wonder what sort of manchildren are in this thread
>>
>>86932412
Except it is true. He jeopardized everything by telling her about the death note in the first place. Why? Because he wanted to impress her and get in her pants. He was repeatedly shown to be using the death note as foreplay too. He killed people because it made her horny.
>>
>>86932482
And because he thought he could do better than his dad at dispensing justice.
>>
>>86932411
Except he had the very clear advantage of possessing literal Death God powers that are next to impossible to trace back to him. L was severely handicapped right up until he learned about what the Death Note could do, and then he was killed off just as he'd almost figured out Light's entire memory gambit plan.
>>
>Doushite, Raito-kun?!
>>
>>86932411
He's not a million steps ahead. He's permanently on the verge of being caught. Didn't he panic and wipe his memory because he was afraid he would tell L if he was interrogated too much?
>>
>>86932482
>that hey bb wanna death note and chill scene
had to get up and pace around the room for 42 seconds
>>
>>86932507
By a fucking supercheap trick that L could not possibly ever have seen coming. Like I said, Light was a Mary Sue faggot.
>>
>>86929236
>Movie Light's motivation is to get laid
Well did he score at least? Because I'm pretty sure that original Light died a virgin, even with Misa lusting after his dick.
>>86930652
>That webm
Wasn't enough to have him scream and fall over was it?
>>
>>86932543
>Wasn't enough to have him scream and fall over was it?
nah because they had to sell the supernatural nature of Ryuk
>ryuk destroying the ferris wheel by waving his hands around
Literally fucking what
>>
>>86932482
And then he killed her. Not only that but he plotted her death in advance and left no way for her to survive, since his plan revolved around having HIS page get burned instead of hers. Light Turner may be more of a fucking human being than Light Yagami but he's still a scheming keikaku master at the end of the day.
>>
>>86932482
yeah but then again who wouldn't?
>>
>>86932523
yep, there was also that female detective that he had to outsmart and kill
>>
>>86932543
>Wasn't enough to have him scream and fall over was it?

The movie is half a comedy in the same way You're Next was.
>>
>>86932523
>Didn't he panic and wipe his memory because he was afraid he would tell L if he was interrogated too much?
No he wiped his memory because Misa was caught and had to come up with a plan to get inside to L, free Misa and himself of suspicion and then make sure that the Death Note finds its way back to him so that he can kill L.
>>
>>86932588
She literally gave him her real name because he bluffed and charmed her. What a fucking retarded detective.
>>
>>86932570
The ferrisswheel shit pissed me off too, or the whole implication that the death note influences ryuk into committing the murders
>>
Thought the movie was kind of shit, but I watched it to the end. Read all the weebs praise of the original, so I read the storyline for that show. How the fuck is that ludicrous mess any better than the crap witnessed in this film?
>>
>>86932572
Barely putting out a fire you intentionally started in your own home and still ending up in the hospital is not even close to keikaku.
>>
>>86932542
>Anime L is killed because Misa infatuated a Shinigami
I think we can both agree she's the real Mary Sue here
>>
>>86932543
>Well did he score at least?

He bangs the school's head cheerleader because she fortunately is horny for murder
>>
>>86932570
>they had to sell the supernatural nature of Ryuk
Making him a reaper of souls wasn't enough? Dear God how stupid are Americans, or is it the Netflix audience I blame for this?
>>
>>86932642
>Light gets all the OP shinigami powers, only held back by a few rules that L could not possibly ever know
>As soon as Light's in a corner, he gets to break even these few rules just to kill L with ease
>>
>That scene where the FBI guys drop what they're doing and walk off
>"Oh cool, Light figured out he could control these guys and make them assassinate L"
>They all jump off of a roof instead
>"Oh."
>>
>>86932642
With how air headed she is?
>>86932656
So he didn't die a virgin then.
>>
>>86926309
I want to cuddle her and show her how to be compassionate for others.
>>
>>86932663
I guess it also gives some extra separation of Light from his deeds, "it wasn't Light that killed those people it was the Death God that killed them!" same way Mia is now responsible for the deaths of the FBI agents, a major turning point in the original because it is Light blatantly eliminating not evil people but those who might stop him.
>>
>>86932570
>>86932632
Are you both retarded? I thought it was clear that Ryuk was in on the whole thing. That ferris wheel collapsed because of the Death Note, Ryuk was just sitting back and watching. Those hand movements were just him being a dramatic fuck.
>>
>>86932514
does L fucking slip his ass in that last shot and the director just cut to something else and left it like that???
>>
>>86932752
Ryuk is a literal god, whatever is written in the Death Note he makes it happen, the book doesn't have any special powers of its own, it was literally all Ryuk's doing
>>
>>86932752
Are you? They have a scene where pussy light is yelling at ryuk to stop it and that he changed his mind
>>
>>86932806
So to put it simple, in the manga it's
>Write a name and that person will die however you write him to die. If you write nothing then they die from an heartattack
But in the Nextflix it
>Write a name and Ryuk will kill that person for you. If you write nothing he gives him an heartattack if you write something then he makes it happen
>>
>>86932847
Watch the fucking movie. Light yelled at Ryuk because he thought he went off on his own and killed those FBI blokes. Then it turns out Mia was the one who killed them and Ryuk was just being smug about it.
>>
>>86932691
iirc you can't use the note to make someone kill someone else, might be wrong though
>>
>>86932862
Also Netflix isn't about light's ideology and justification after he gets scared by his first kill. It's ryuk telling people straight up he wants to separate the wheat from the chaff
>>
>>86932862
Watari wasn't specified how he should die and he got uzi'd
>>
>>86932862
It was always the second one, the death note only has any power because of Ryuk. They just didn't spell it out like they did in the film, but it sounds like they actually needed to for fucking retards like you.
>>
>>86932752
>Those hand movements were just him being a dramatic fuck.
You're an idiot, seconds before Light shouts out RYUK I TAKE IT BACK I TAKE IT BACK and then when Ryuk moves his hands the ferris wheel explodes, it wasn't dramatic, he was literally influencing it.
>>
>>86932894
You can but you have to make separate entries, Light does that in the first Japanese movie when he makes Naomi kill his girlfriend
>>
>>86932887
that's not the point the fucked up and made the death note and extension of ryuk and vice versa. the death note is supposed to be its own supernatural property that the shinigami just use as a tool
>>
>>86932929
>It was always the second one
No it wasn't, the only involvement that the Shimigamis had was write their name and take the remaining years to their own lifespan. It's fucking magic in the original series
>>
I actually liked what they did with her character probably because I hated Misa in anime. Of course it's not faithful to the source but she's probably one of the few things they didn't mess up.
>>
>>86932697
Light definitely stuck his dick in that crazy
>>
>people still claim light is a beta faggot loser
>people still blame mia
why don't you faggots watch the entire movie before commenting? the last 20 minutes is entirely orchestrated by light. he tells his father how he wrote mia's death using the ferris wheel and saved himself. he never wanted to save her.
>>
Love how we started seeing lights cold and calculating ways at the last 5 minutes. I hope in the next movie he's like that the entire flick
>>
>>86933050
Yeah. That's precisely what he's talking about when he's invoking lessor of two evils.

The book in her complete control would have been some serious shit.
>>
>>86933008
See
>>86932353

>In the Netflix adaptation Ryuk tricks people into thinking they're killing others by giving them an ordinary notebook and making whatever they write down happen
Literally nothing wrong with this
>>
File: SHIEETT.webm (2MB, 1507x728px) Image search: [Google]
SHIEETT.webm
2MB, 1507x728px
That nigger Etika live stream the movie and got triggered so much when watching the movie
>>
>>86933084
It's stated he does it because Ryuk is just terribly bored, he also constantly calls it a game. Having a human decide and struggle with the consequences is part of the fun
>>
>>86932946
>Ferris wheel destined to explode because Light wrote it into the Death Note
>Ryuk knows this
>It's hilarious
>"RYUK I TAKE IT BACK I TAKE IT BACK"
>Too late kid, its out of both of our hands now
>Boom hahahaha there she blows *moves hands*
I don't see what's so hard to grasp here
>>
File: BliniUneasy.png (291KB, 459x485px) Image search: [Google]
BliniUneasy.png
291KB, 459x485px
>>86932946
>>86933176
>The Death Note can now kill things other then humans
>>
>>86933165
This. Whether or not he's the one actually killing people doesn't really change anything since he's still fooling humans into thinking they're the ones doing all the killing. It's a game to him either way.
>>
>>86933217
>Light's entire plan fucks up because he forgot to write down the ferris wheel's name
Should have ended like this desu
>>
>>86933176
>Too late kid, its out of both of our hands now
>Boom hahahaha there she blows *moves hands*
Are you retarded or what?
>>
>>86933246
So if they wrote down "The World economy" in the Death Note then the world economy would die as well? Jesus this version of the Death Note is OP
>>
>>86933217
The conditions written in the Death Note require events that are physically possible, that's the only limitation in that regard. They establish that from the first kill in the movie.
>>
>>86933153
Triggered becaue of how shit it was, I hope?
>>
>>86933217
>>86933303
>pretending to be this stupid just to insult netflix
cause of death is in the source material retard
>>
>>86933303
>September 2001
>"Hey Misa I have a plan to kill L"
>Writes Watari's name in the Death Note
>"Watari takes L on vacation to the World Trade Centre in New York before he is killed"
>Turns page
>Writes "World Trade Center"
>Ryuk interjects, "you never specified how they die"
>"It doesn't matter, dealer's choice!"
The rest is history
>>
>tfw sequel with a girl Near never
>>
File: Nibba U Serious.png (305KB, 407x361px) Image search: [Google]
Nibba U Serious.png
305KB, 407x361px
>>86933349
Jesus christ anon it's a joke
>>
>>86933444
>Not wanting loli Mellow to kill shota Near
>>
>>86933040
can someone make a webm of that scene?
>>
>>86929672
Came here to post this.
>>
>>86932596
And The Guest and even Blair Witch.
Wingard doesn't take things too seriously, he plays about with genre expectations.
>>
Funniest part was when Mexican dude hits black dude over the head.
>>
>>86933444
Why do we want Near to be a girl all of a sudden?
>>
>>86933745
Near a qt
>>
>>86930652
The OST in this scene reminds me of something you'd expect from a NES horror game.
>>
File: 1448692528978.jpg (216KB, 800x1355px) Image search: [Google]
1448692528978.jpg
216KB, 800x1355px
>>86933745
Everything is better when to turn them to little girls.
>>
>>86932482
>I liked that they tried to make it very different from the source material. Too bad the script was awful and just about all the characters inconsistent as fuck. L was a calculating, calm smart dude and then suddenly a screeching retard. Light was pretty stupid, and then suddenly he created this convoluted mastermind plan that somehow worked at the end. Like what the fuck.

>I had to create the best moment of the show on my own. When Light and Mia were fighting over something and Light was all "oh come on, let's watch TV, kill some criminals and have sex like the good old times" I thought "Netflix and kill?" and then laughed at my own joke for 5 minutes straight. Fuck this movie.
>>
>>86933782
>>86930652
I absolutely hate the score to this movie. All the unironic muh-80s cringe sounds so incredibly out of place.
>>
>>86933813
The licensed music they brought in gets used at the strangest moments too. Like the ferris wheel song where Mia falling to her death has some corny love song.
>>
>>86933153

People donate money just to watch someone sitting there reacting to a movie while they talk in two separate chats?
>>
>>86933639
>Lord Kira
Watch as Mexican dude becomes this film's stand-in for Mikami in part 2.
>>
>>86933808
L was a sperg from the beginning, of course he flips out when his only true friend and the one person the can trust gets murdered
>>
>>86933856
MMM WHATCHA SAAAYY
>>
>>86933745
Why did the Japs make King Arthur a girl?
>>
>>86933891
I remember reading the original reasoning a few years back. As I recall it went like
>Writer wants to do a story about King Arthur (male) falling in love with witch (female) who summons him
>Plans to make it a game
>Artist tells him it won't sell without sex
>And that a story about a girl getting with a boy won't sell either
>Suggests making King Arthur a cute girl and the witch a boy
>Writer says that's fucking retarded
>Gets desperate, relents
>Makes a fortune
>>
When was this film released anyway? Seeing the amount of threads on it must mean it's recent and google says august 25 but I literally torrented it this mornign.

Was it even in cinemas?
>>
>>86933891
For the same reason they made Nero, Jack the Ripper, Atilla and Astolfo girls.
>>
>>86933997
>Was it even in cinemas?
It's a Netflix movie, so no.
>>
>>86934040
>It seemed like a good idea at time
I'm down with it,
>>
>>86933774
>>86933800
>>86933891
Fair point, but between Mello and Near, I'd expect them to change the gender of the one who actually dresses like a girl.
>>
>>86933997
It's a Netflix original that came out on the 25th
>>
>>86932514
>yakittysax
>>
Quick review:

Beginning sucked and was rushed. The final destination type kills were great, but there should have been more.

The acting was horrible, like from all characters, but especially Light.

I was put off by how radically different the personality and characterization were, but I actually grew fond of it. Obviously Anime Light and L had way more interesting personalities and dynamic, but Movie Light had that school shooter persona with a lot more reasoning to wanting to kill criminals, and Movie L wasnt a calm, quiet genius, but was just as lunatic as Light. Movie L explodes and even tries to kill Light, which would absolutely never happen in the anime, but it was cool nonetheless.

I really didnt like Mias character at first, especially how she was originally introduced, but the ending made her way better. Of all the people, she was the craziest and the closest to being the antagonist.

The ending as a whole was a huge improvement in pacing, plot, twists, and mindgames. I especially like how it seems Light's dad becomes his new accomplice.
>>
>>86934135
Oh, and Ryuk Dafoe should have been in the movie more
>>
So did L use the Death Note to kill Light at the end or did his sense of justice prevent him from doing so? What does /tv/ think?
>>
>>86934354
the point is that it's up for the viewer to decide i.e choose the lesser of two evils like they explained

also they might do a sequel
>>
>>86933856
L melting down while The Power of Love played in the background was incredible
>>
>>86934354

If they make a sequel: no he didn't do it

If they don't make a sequel: he probably did, but that means Light still won because he made L break his declaration about being a person who seeks justice rather than killing
>>
Ironically and unironically, this better get a sequel.
>>
>>86934354
ignoring the sequel hook, I thought it was obvious that he really wanted to write his name down but ultimately decided against it
>>
>>86931565
As someone in law school, the state would need to prove mens rea and actus reas. Did Light have the mind to kill? Yes. Did he commit an act for death to happen? Yes.
>>
>>86933813
Atticus Ross did the music.
It was the only good thing about the movie.
>>
File: turnerXyagami.jpg (133KB, 1200x488px) Image search: [Google]
turnerXyagami.jpg
133KB, 1200x488px
>>
File: 1494784893068.png (30KB, 1010x870px) Image search: [Google]
1494784893068.png
30KB, 1010x870px
>Want to kill L
>Decide to make Watari obsessed with finding out the true identity of L and make him go through the records of an abandoned daycare and then call me with the results so I can write L's name in the death note

>Instead of making Watari kill L
>>
>>86934751

So many go damn rules.

You can't kill people indirectly with the Deathnote.
>>
>>86934751
thats against the rules

You cant say "kill L" since L is not a real name.
>>
>>86934816
>>86934817
Makes a bit more sense then but how I would work around that is I would have Watari kill himself with a grenade near L
>>
>>86934869
That wouldn't work; if the death written in the Death Note would cause the death of anyone other than the victim, then the victim will simply die of a heart attack.
>>
>>86934869

It says in the rule if the cause of death is bound to indirectly kill someone else whose name isn't on death note then victim will just have a heart attack.
>>
>>86934962
>>86934983
OK I suck
>>
File: 1335850505676.jpg (27KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
1335850505676.jpg
27KB, 576x384px
>>86933014
Ok then, make characters different and rewrite the story about Misa being "Reaper"

Its fucking dumb that they try to do some power struggle between the two and basically remove EVERYTHING that made Light a good character.

I just get the feeling that they injected "Dominate Misa" into this because the director was high on social justice. It also explains Black L (who honestly did a great job for the first Half of the movie)

It totally couldve worked if they werent named after their Anime counter parts.
>>
>>86934983
Speaking of heart attacks, how many heart attacks were there in the film?
>>
>>86935274

None?
>>
>>86935324
FBI director
>>
>>86934407
>normal people scare me
>>
>>86935324
Alright then, how many people were killed by the Death Note without a specific death written for them?
>>
File: 1485992751847.png (45KB, 438x157px) Image search: [Google]
1485992751847.png
45KB, 438x157px
>Gain the power of life and death
>Immediately show it to your high school cheerleader crush
>>
>>86935531
The movie changes the story to be about teenagers. It's basically almost the same thematic content as Heathers.
>>
>>86926309
that was the worst part of the movie. it started out so good, attention to detail like "why would he pick up the note? because the rain started and he did not have time to think about it"etc exposition about mom was bit on the nose and there were some other elements but it went to shit went he just told the girl everything and then became her toy
>>
>>86934962
>hey team there's a plot hole in our story
>it's okay let's just add another rule to death note that fixes it

wow great writing
>>
>>86934962
>>86934983
Mind controlling other people to write other peoples name on the death note was really pushing this rule though.
>>
>>86927454
Its better to look at this as a re-imagining. light is an arrogant self important guy who is smart and in good social standing (not a loser like here) his family is not dead and he has had an average life but he is upset about people getting away with bad shit. in some adaptations he is mad at his cop father who is always busy with work so he wants to punish the criminals who kept his father away
>>
>>86935583
they should have done something like the series where he tossed it but then went back for it. It was so weird to see how casually treated the notebook
>>
Just watched this.

Did Mia rip out Wataris page to write the FBI agents names before Light had even written Wataris name?
>>
>>86935626
It was part of the original anime. Its not really part of the movie since they never explained it and they added new ones and broke others though.
>>
>>86930983
>implying this devil may care style woman was not a smug bitch who is "too good for the sheep"
>>
>>86935557
>The movie changes the story to be about teenagers
>American teenagers
This just show americans teenagers are educated to be dumbasses and cuckold
>>
>>86931435
light actor is ok, his character is typical for US movies
>>
>>86935486
At one point Ryuk questions a name being written without a death cause and actually takes a verbal command from Light about it
>>
>>86935637
I thought in the anime he only justified the killing of bad people because the first kill was just seeing if it actually worked and was shocked by it
>>
could you write fucking if statements in the anime like Light did in this movie?
>>
>>86931565
They could not prove his first kill but after that it would be very easy to convict him. all they would need to do is kill a death row guy with it
>>86934656
also that death was achievable with his method
>>
>>86935760
>if statement

There was no If
>>
>KILLING WATARI IS WRONG WE NEED TO BURN HIS PAGE
>Wants to kill L anyway
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Death Note Mia.webm (1MB, 1280x530px) Image search: [Google]
Death Note Mia.webm
1MB, 1280x530px
>>
>>86931680
nah. His fist kill yes but then he killed his mom's killer and knew it had worked, all the shit he made the dead write on the walls would be in the note.
>>86931687
confession is not enough and must be reinforced by additional evidence
>>
>>86932411
he had to be. the power levels where to high, he had a super weapon and could have gotten away if he had not fucked up and he was no more "Mary Sue" than the "super detective trained since birth"
>>
File: 1194235513719s.jpg (6KB, 252x189px) Image search: [Google]
1194235513719s.jpg
6KB, 252x189px
>>86935713
yeah i guess, but he doesnt sell me on the character.

I think the writting is the biggest issue. Like the ending doesnt really make much sense but i guess they had to craft up some magic plot point to clear Lights name and set up some sort of Sequel

The issue is that somehow L just knew everything, in the Anime he had to outsmart light and actually do a battle of wits. He becomes super emotional and just starts ripping through lights belongings.

Mia makes zero sense and the interactions between the two just feel tacked on. "Hey im Kira, wanna fuck?"

Like i give them bonus points for trying to use Kira as a plot device but it doesnt really work. They shouldve had L do the targeted broadcast and hit Japan with a blackout. Then he moves over to Central, Eastern, Pacific time zones and narrows him down that way.

Instead he runs around and chases him on foot for like no fucking reason?

Its such a bad way to tell the story and really missed a golden opportunity.
>>
>>86926309
I just don't like that it ends on a cliffhanger
do they really expect to be able to shit out another movie?
>>
>>86935827

Maybe he only wanted the checkmate, not actually kill the guy.He already saw L's face, he only needed to have him know he got his name too. It's Mia who killed all those cops.
>>
>>86935878
>Mia makes zero sense and the interactions between the two just feel tacked on. "Hey im Kira, wanna fuck?"
yep, felt like "well character with her name was in the original, have to use it"
>>
>>86934532
>If they don't make a sequel: he probably did, but that means Light still won because he made L break his declaration about being a person who seeks justice rather than killing
we the dark knight and sheeit
>>
>>86935878
they had to through in an action scene for western audiences but the muh watery shit could've been played up more subtlety instead we got his sperg power up
>>
>>86935827
>Raito
>I kill evil people, the trash of this society, as the God who brings justice to the world. Anyone one who opposes God is evil and, as such, must face death
>Turner
>Don't mind if I'm already the greatest serial killer ever known to mankind, I won't kill this one guy because my moral compass is a fucking slot machine and this one motherfucker got my forgiveness, despite the fact that I want to kill his black friend
>>
>>86935629
It was already broken IN the movie. The terrorist leader blew his men up with a grenade.
>>
>>86935914
It's Netflix, what makes you think they can't?

They don't even need good reviews, all it needs to do is hit theirs views metrics. That's all they care about.
>>
>>86935136
I would love her to kill the beta who was the worst part of the movie by far and become the antagonist in the sequel, it could be fun.
As things stand I will not bother with sequels at all.
>>
>>86932929
If that were true, Rem and Gidoh's notebooks would have been useless when the humans got them after they died. But they were still perfectly usable, so you're wrong.
>>
>>86934817
Watari isn't Watari's real name. Besides don't you need a last name? And why didn't Light just write L's name to check and see if it would work? Same logic and much simpler.
>>
>>86935982
I totally agree, turn a bad thing into a good thing.

Like if youre gonna make light a school shooter and unlikable then atleast make him the full on villain.

Have him standoff against L and do his entire bullshit setup where he was going to kill Mia. As Light and L have it out Light spills the beans on his entire plot basically assuring that L and Mia will die.

Then mid laugh, his heart stops. It cuts to Mia with a piece of the deathnote and sets up for a crazy sequel where Mia goes ballastic and starts slaughtering everyone recklessly as fuck.

Its the direction they wanted to take this one as an American Action movie with hints of final destination. might as well go full blown
>>
>>86935827
Having L's name would give him leverage, it wouldn't mean he'd immediately use it. He literally kills not a single innocent person in the movie, he wouldn't change that just for L.

In the talk with L he actually tries to de-escalate and tries to argue that he's minimizing harm with what he's doing compared to Mia or a new owner taking over the Note would do
>>
>>86936057
>Like if youre gonna make light a school shoote

Except he wasn't. He was just a dumb teen going through some angst.
>>
>>86936135
they didn't even try to make him smarter than his peers he just does their high school homework for them. If anything it just proves they are lazy and he wants quick cash
>>
>>86936068
>He literally kills not a single innocent person in the movie
Tell that to Watari
>>
So I assume they completely cut Matsuda?
>>
>>86936220
I have a feeling they wanted to just play with the general premise of Death Note and tell a teenage story with it, but for some reason were retarded enough to keep in "Genius Detective" and "He is a God" shit.
>>
>>86931702
Why not just make a new character with a new story and setting? A companion piece set america.
>>
>>86936252
>Tell that to Watari

That was all on Mia. He was never meant to die.
>>
>>86931441
God would never fuck man ass you swine.
>>
>>86936322
Light wrote the name though. also, Kenny
>>
>>86936280
This. they go out of they way to mention all the previous owners, just make a one off about another unlucky person who gets ahold of it
>>
>>86936379
Light just stops at mind raping and (supposedly) threatening to kill innocents. Hes a good boy.
>>
Why L is either a complete fucking retard or a complete fucking hack during the movie? They don't even try to make him smart, holy fuck.
>I am a genius, I will show up in public, uncovering my secret identity to all the world just to piss of a guy who has powers to kill people from anywhere, anytime, while I have no fucking idea of how he does it
>I am a genius, he didn't kill me, the logical conclusion must be that he needs a name and a face, and not that he just couldn't have anything set up for this event like i would be reasonable to think
>I am a genius, I will be chilling on my bunker eating candy in a room full of people knowing full well that my enemy has magical powers and anyone in this room could literally just walk up to me and remove my mask or stab the shit out of me
>I am a genius, I will send agents to follow everyone, but not install cameras and wiretap the possible culprit's house, because there is just no chance that he would use his magical powers from the comfort of his bedroom
>I am a genius, I will be following everyone who could have access to this database, including the Light Turner, the son of my trusted cop, but not his girlfriend, because there is no way the emo kid could have leaked info to her
>I am a genius, I can't go through all the culprits, but need to be handed out a immediately incriminating evidence that is dumb enough for our american audience to catch on, including the two dumb teenagers who are in possess of this note, and not slowly come to the conclusion from several mistakes Kira commits
>I will immediately assume that Light Turner is Kira, 100% certain chance, no gimmicks, because Kira didn't killed his dead, no fucks about the fact that Watari is still well and good, or that the one who killed the FBI agents could have been a different person given how they differ in victims - afterall, if I know that one person possess supernatural powers, why is it safe to assume that they are the only one with these powers?
>>
>>86936379
Light didn't know the Note was real with the Kenny thing and was goaded into it.

Also Kenny deserved it.
>>
>>86935739
Yeah, there's that angle to it as well. In the movie I thought they were gonna do a thing with Ryuk, because he was pressuring Light to write names from the beginning. That and when the note said not to trust him (apparently whoever wrote Don't Trust Ryuk got farther than 2 letters but please ignore this). But as is Ryuk got little screentime, and the warning in the note amounted to nothing really.
>>
>>86936471
>>I am a genius, I will show up in public, uncovering my secret identity to all the world just to piss of a guy who has powers to kill people from anywhere, anytime, while I have no fucking idea of how he does it

Why even read the rest of the post when you're this fucking bad at paying attention to the movie?
>>
>>86936592
>Don't Trust Ryuk got farther than 2 letters but please ignore this
I guess ryuk can sense the intent
>>
SHE'S HOT AS FUCK FAMPAI
>>
File: you put my name in the book.jpg (147KB, 1837x773px) Image search: [Google]
you put my name in the book.jpg
147KB, 1837x773px
>>86926309

The movie's worth watching for this scene alone. I was literally, unironically lmao at their dialogue. It's great.
>>
>>86936885
>teeth gap

no
>>
>L: I don't do check only checkmate
he says it while doing a check
>>
>>86936592
The message about not trusting Ryuk wasn't written in the Note, it was specifically in the margins on a rules page
>>
>>86937126
still dumb making ryuk overly evil and biased instead of just being a neutral party
>>
>>86934817
But you could say "find the true identity of L" and that works. Why did Watari not know L's name? He ran the fucking school that raised L and worked with him for years. It's not like they had to keep it a secret, they didn't know what death notes were.
>>
>>86931687
the evidence, the book, would be enough for conspiracy to murder (unless all the names were published and he claimed to write them after the fact) - which usually has penalties about the same as murder.
>>
>>86932754
looks like that lol
>>
>>86937597
it's so tongue in cheek that I almost expected him to have a full narutard run
>>
>>86937545
Definitely. Basically every character was made way more dull and stock than their manga counterpart. Except for maybe Light's dad.
>>
>>86926309
why did she want ownership of ther notebook ? what was there to gain from it ?
>>
>>86937848
She was a popular skank who became power mad
>>
>>86937848
She could do whatever she wanted with it instead of what Light allowed her to do with it
>>
>>86937557
Because the real name only refers to the death rule. Additionally, theres a rule that says the murderee can only say and do stuff in their power. You cant write "Watari says L's real name then has a heart attack" since Watari never knew L's real name. However, Watari knew of the person that goes by L.
>>
>>86933813
The score for the anime was really fucking good. 10/10
>>
Light was Reddit
L was 4chan
Mia was Twitter
>>
L wasn't bad tbqfh
>>
>>86938137
>L was 4chan
Light was 4chan
>>
>>86930983
Imagine being this triggered by a thread on the worst board on 4chan. Really makes you think.
>>
I liked that L was confident that Light was in fact Kira. In the anime he says some bullshit like there's only 5% chance he's Kira even thought all the evidences point at him
>>
>>86938159
he did well. once they went black I assumed they were dropping all of L's mannerism and would just have some "cool" guy but he did well and acted out emotion a lot better than some actors in the Japanese version
>>
>>86926309
>*laughs* you can try. There are 4 letters in my name, the most anyone's ever written was 2.
The movie was garbage but that line was metal as fuck.
>>
The issue was the shitty lead, literally garbage. He's ugly as fuck and he sounds like a pussy, but that's to be expected from a Jew.

Direction wasn't bad, but the script was terrible.
>>
>>86938324
Thats because the L in the movie is more like a seer than an actual detective. He already knows that light is the killer from the start and just hand waves his way through.
>>
File: newworldorder.png (675KB, 1280x546px) Image search: [Google]
newworldorder.png
675KB, 1280x546px
who left all the jellybeans on the ground?
>>
>>86938520
>tripfag being 100% correct for once
Impressive
>>
>>86934962
>>86934983
What about the terrorist cell where the leader blows himself and others up?

What about the Japanese night club where random whores died?
>>
>>86938634

honestly where the fuck in the world is that room? Its so cool
>>
>>86938324
>In the anime he says some bullshit like there's only 5% chance he's Kira even thought all the evidences point at him

A lot of what he says is to mislead Light. How much more careful do you think Light would have been if L had said "I'm 89% sure that you're Kira right now" when they first met?
>>
>>86938659
the lead was fine, the script was typical, direction was good. tripfag is still a fag
>>
>>86938776
>Lead was fine
You've got no sense of film and no foreskin, apparently.
>>
>a black hat is enough to trick people that have been trailing light for at least a week
That is some agent 47 level skill
>>
>>86938871
>no sense of film
I would agree with you if they were casting for the anime kira but for the character that he is in this movie, he was fine.
>>
The pussification of Light was such a disappointment.
>>
>>86926309
Who is that? she looks like an autistic version of Emma Roberts
>>
File: deep.png (686KB, 1280x546px) Image search: [Google]
deep.png
686KB, 1280x546px
What was the deal with mia? Did daddy not love her enough or did he love her too much? also what cheerleading group would keep a cunt who puts 0 effort and smokes during practice?
>>
>>86939012
she looks like younger Krysten Ritter
>>
why does she have so much saliva
>>
>>86939014
>smokes during practice
How did they film that shot and not realize how absurd it was?
>>
>>86939067
To grease up your cock when she puts it between her gap teeth.
>>
If mia ripped out the page why did not he live? was it because she did not own it?
>>86939091
It was bizarre, its like they want her to be 2 cliches at once.
>>
>tfw when you've seen this movie 5 times

Will my Netflix recommendations ever recover?
>>
>>86939091
>not realize how absurd it was?
were you not there when L whipped out the toy gun? or when L materialised inside light's house with a search warrant?
>>
>>86931280
It's not just about intelligence, he also is utterly repulsed by the depravity of man which is part of what attracts him to the concept of delivering ultimate justice.

A true robot.
>>
WHY didn't they include the Raye Penber bit?

Why is the director such a touchy cunt with anyone who disagrees with his creative choices?

Did he even read Death Note?
>>
>>86938324
L lies. When he says 5%, he means 95%. When he says 1%, he means 99%. L is almost certain he's Kira from the very instant he narrows it down to who Raye Penber was tailing.
>>
File: 1502064371127.jpg (146KB, 696x936px) Image search: [Google]
1502064371127.jpg
146KB, 696x936px
>>86939142

Ya I have watched it 4. Stay mad weebs
>>
>>86938474
his name is literally written in the book as a warning though.
>>
Im no expect but how lucky she was that 1 agent know everyone by name and could call their faces from memory. maybe its just me but when finished uni I only knew the name of 10% of the professors and 3% of my course mates.
She also did not test it out beforehand, I don't see how this co ownership worked since they changed the rules from the anime.
>>
>>86939198
>A true robot.
pretty much. Thats why his god complex kinda made sense while Timmy Turner going from zero to WORSHIP ME in 5 minutes was jarring as fuck. The whole film has an identity crisis
>>
>>86939150
that is different
>>
>>86939343

It turned Death Note into a revenge fantasy instead of a fall from grace, that's why. He's a character that would have been a school shooter if not for happenstance.
>>
>GOD TIER
Manga, Anime, Drama
>GOOD TIER
Movie 1, Movie 2
>OKAY TIER
Games, Novel
>BAD TIER
Movie 3, Movie 4
>SHIT TIER
Netflix
>>
>>86939395
>Revenge Fantasy

It's literally a quasi-coming of age story about a teenager going through some shit to understand his dad's POV
>>
>>86939412
I would put netflix higher
>>
They took a chess game and turned it into a game of twister played by two quadruple amputees.
>>
how lucky was light that the guy he picked out from forum posts had his real face and name down and it was not just a troll
>>
>>86939395
>>86939433
hes a bullied high school kid with a tragic past who gets superpowers and start fighting criminals to avenge the death of a family member. Its literally Spiderman.
>>
File: 1502021075279.jpg (27KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
1502021075279.jpg
27KB, 640x477px
>>86939395
You now realize that Netflix Light is exactly the kind of person that real Light wanted to punish.
>>
I don't like how the Death Note can apparently grant wishes now.
>>
>>86939500
I guess that is why they dropped death god eyes, turner would have taken the deal in a heartbeat
>>
>>86939558
>bullied
Wasn't bullied.

>starts fighting ciminals to avenge his mother
Slightly. He only kills the one mobster but his need to prove he can do better than his dad, plus Mia getting horny due to it, drives him to do more.
>>
>>86939565
How many times do you think real lights sister got raped?
>>
>>86936012
Watari is his real name
>>
>>86939568

Well, he IS a Turner.
>>
What gym does L go to?
>>
>>86935136
I thonk he dis a great job the whole movie.

However once Wario dies the writer lost track of what L is about/would do/did in the original story and made him chimp out.
>>
>>86939592
>wasnt bullied
he literally gets ko'd by a bully in the first scene
>plus Mia getting horny due to it, drives him to do more.
>the love interest falls in love with his super powered alter ego (kira)
literally spiderman
>>
>>86938324
He was confident he was Light because Kira didn't kill Light's father after he held the press conference.

Which makes you wonder why L didn't have Soichiro do that in the manga.
>>
File: 1479939554223.jpg (25KB, 552x594px) Image search: [Google]
1479939554223.jpg
25KB, 552x594px
Watching this shitty movie made me want to go back and watch the anime again. I forgot how great the anime is. It may be entry level but it's still absolute kino.
>>
>>86939692
>he literally gets ko'd by a bully in the first scene

The bully who was bullying someone else.
He only gets KO'd because he butts his head into the conflict because he sees it as a chance to impress Mia.
>>
>>86939709
He wouldn't risk a life like that.
>>
>>86939654

Yeah, I blame writing more than acting for L's shittiness. But again, they had to make L more villainous to keep the "woe as Light" train on track.
>>
>for kira
I think this maybe the unintentional comedy of the year
>>
Never read the manga or watched the anime... were the characters also as dislikeable as in this film? And why was the 'L' guy running around with a Blade Runner replica gun?
>>
>>86939759
>unintentional
>>
>>86932894
In this movie you can.
>>
>>86939769
No. L never holds a gun.
>>
>>86939769
They were more likable here
>>
>>86939747
if he wasnt bully material the bully wouldnt have punched him. They have bully-sense for victims.
>>
>>86939226
They should have done the Lind L. Tailor bit, but I guess that would involve killing "innocents", but that's what Mia was for.
>>
>>86933153
My nigger friend hated the movie too and blamed black L for it

We all know its the screenwritters fault though.
ya silly monkeys
>>
>>86939769
no L was an emotionally stunted autistic guy who likes sweets. light was a perfect kid in public but had a darker side for which he finally found the outlet but all the cat and mouse cost him his family and eventually last of his sanity
>>
>>86939769

Likeable is a subjective term, but most certainly more well-written.
>>
>>86939769
i still dont understand if that was a deliberate reference or it was the only prop gun they could afford.
>>
>>86935531
Litterally twilight with death notes.
>>
>>86939709
>Which makes you wonder why L didn't have Soichiro do that in the manga.

He might be pretty sure that Light is Kira, but he isn't pretty sure that Light wouldn't kill his own father if it helped his alibi.
>>
>>86939896
It's Heathers with Death Notes.
>>
File: 1502704161170.png (76KB, 200x242px) Image search: [Google]
1502704161170.png
76KB, 200x242px
the anime made some pretty big fucking leaps and bounds regarding L just magically piecing shit together and being autistically sure of it, but holy fuck his "investigative process" in the movie is 10 times worse

>ill go outside and talk shit to kira about bringing him to justice
>lol he didn't kill me, another justiciar, even though he only ever kills criminals this MUST mean he isn't omnipotent since he didn't kill me lol
>ok send this guy outside who is also a cop and not a criminal
>LOL he didnt kill him either that HAS to mean it is his son easy lol 31 hours since i last slept

i'm sure there were dozens more issues in this vein but i already can't remember anything about this shitty movie and i only just watched it yesterday
>>
>>86939834
black L was not the problem
>>86933153
by what?
>>
>>86926309
That whole scene was off-the-charts cringe
>>
>good thing
first half L
ryuk
the edgy gore scenes
>bad thing
everything else

it was like watching a comedy about Final Destination
>>
>>86939896
there has to be a movie where a "bad girl" gets the guy to do dumb shit for pussy, I recall seeing a lot of it during my youth
>>
>>86939948
>it was like watching a comedy about Final Destination

Most of the Final Destination movies are comedies
>>
>>86939834
the actor wasnt bad. I sure as hell wouldnt have casted him for fucking L, but he did a fine job with the horrible script he was handed.
>>
>>86934135
Your review is shit and youre underage ass is whats wrong with todays standards of cinema.
>>
>>86930712
here's him interviewed in character i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALHQA9oL0_s
>>
how gory does this get? I'm a giant pussy.
>>
>I love you
I think my rating would have gone up if she told him she never liked him and only hooked up with him for power.
>his name is in the note
She did not even write it on her page. He could have pulled it out of the note, burned it and range killed her
>>
>>86939751
Make Light erase own memories.
Mia is now Kira.
Extend movie 30 mins, 20 of those is L inhumanly torturing and interrogating Light.
L suspects Mia and Light coops.
Light touches the book pulla a Just as planned and Mia ded.
L confused about everything and with a better open ending.
>>
>>86940114
>I think my rating would have gone up if she told him she never liked him and only hooked up with him for power.

She took the book the moment his back was turned. That says it all.
>>
I thought I might've been biased towards this movie because I've seen the anime so I showed it to my gf who doesn't like Japanese media and actually works in Cinema and she spent the whole movie literally laughing and saying this must've been done by total amateurs.
Everything from the pacing to the characters along with the dialogue is fucking unsalvageable garbage
>>
>>86935830
WAIT WHATS That movie shes watching called?
>>
>>86934135
>Beginning sucked and was rushed.
beginning was the best part, where well staged and very well done. mom's death could have been exposition better, for example with principle saying "someone in your situation" without going all "you remember that your mom died right?" and then give the rest with clues at home, maybe its even her death anniversary
>The acting was horrible, like from all characters, but especially Light.
acting was fine, they were written to act that way.
>>
File: 1449360771649.jpg (66KB, 968x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1449360771649.jpg
66KB, 968x1068px
Why didn't she just write on the page she stole that Light would give her the notebook?

Regardless she's a q-t and was the Light we deserved. He was a gaping puss wound and deserves to get rekt and was a complete fucking idiot.

Also
>Be capable of committing mass killings
>Tell first girl to acknowledge you
>>
>>86940162
yeah but she also killed people behind his back, loving him and doing what he wants are not the same thing. In anime its common for a character to show their color once they are 100% sure that they have the upper hand
>>
>>86940089
Just some blood and little pieces of organs around
>>
>>86940196
I think its hellraiser or something from Cronenberg 's films
>>
>>86940089
soft R
>>
I really don't see why they had to made Light a retarded loner instead of an intelligent sociopath.

Okay, so his master plan at the end was pretty dumb, but then he decided to have the notebook delivered to his fucking body instead of a secret location?
>>
>>86940089
Someone gets decapitated, and it's pretty gruesome and graphic, as fast as it happened. One thing the movie got right was the freak accident.
>>
>Ryuk
is force pulling the ferris wheel. ok it is a comedy
>light put in a kill order into the book but did not account for his own escape
>>
I fucking hate that Leftovers slut, you can tell she's a huge full of herself whore
>>
>>86934664
anon just don't know what score is
>>
File: love.png (646KB, 1280x546px) Image search: [Google]
love.png
646KB, 1280x546px
>*freeze frame* I bet you are wondering how I got here
>>
>>86932929
Also, if it was always the shinigami's doing the actual killing, then why the fuck would they need the note in the first place? A little pointless for them to write a name down to command themselves to kill
>>
>>86940506
>his page fell out of the book and by luck landed in fire before he died, L was also there to witness it
kek
>>
>>86940560
Shinigami write peoples names in their book when their life as run its course.

Ryuk dropped his notebook for humanity to fuck with for shits and giggles.
>>
>>86940643
Yes they write their names when they deem its time for them to die. AKA they use the books to kill
>>
>>86940632
>his order was for a guy to just put the note on his body
>he comes out of coma just in time
kek
>>
>>86940377
>>86940352
>>86940279

thanks guys
>>
>>86940682
Shinigami don't write their names when they want. They can't decide when people die. Every human has a finite lifespan that they can see. When their card is up they write their name.
>>
>>86940744
The order was to deliver it to him, but I don't think he accounted for being in a coma.

Also he didn't come out in time. His pops got it, remember?
>>
>>86940837
his pops got nothing. pops made no sense
>L who pops thinks is crazy pointed at light
>light had clippings of the guy who killed his mom (which is very common in movies)
>That guy died = my son must be the superkiller who killed 600 + people without leaving town
>>
>>86940162
No it doesn't.
He wrote for her to take the book.
>>
>>86940744
>the order was for him to return it to the kira suspect
how would the pedo know that light was a kira suspect? only L really suspected him and I don't think that info would have been made public
>>
File: what were they thinking.webm (148KB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
what were they thinking.webm
148KB, 960x400px
>>86940089
its a movie about blood-balloon people
>>
>>86940196
>>86940312
Phantasm, you plebs.
>>
>>86941030
Why wouldn't it be made public? L ordered the entire police force to hunt Light down.
>>
>>86927454
>anime light
>super chad who rightfully believes he's god and wants to change the world as he sees fit
>movie light
>pathetic beta that's minutes away from going columbine is pussy whipped by the first girl that smiles at him
>>
>>86940435
>huge full of herself whore
aren't most pretty chicks who are aware of their attractiveness like this?
>>
>>86939896
So it's good then?
>>
It's funny how Light didn't even decide to kill Mia until the very last moment.
He made sure he survived and got the Note back, but he leaves Mia's fate as the last thing written down.
>>
>>86941115
because the cult of kira is strong and half the cops are in it
>>
>>86941185
What do you mean? He wrote it all when he was in front of the PC
>>
>>86940791
No, they only write names in the book so that the shinigami can take the person's remaining years.
>>
>>86941231
Yeah, but her particular fate is the last thing he puts down.

In order, he does the doctor, the pedo, and then her. He could have easily done another criminal in there to take the role she took, but just adds her in.
>>
>>86941186
I'm just stating my assumption. i'm assuming L alerted the media too. I'm not wasting an ounce of effort to defend this plothole shitfest of a film.
>>
>>86926309
Why she took the page with Watari's name?
>>
>>86941362
So Light wouldn't burn it and negate the effect of "You can only burn one name"

What a bullshit rule.
>>
>>86941420
So why did she wrote the Light's name in there?
>>
>>86941471
To coerce him into giving her control of the book
>>
>>86931702
nah. they just had to write a good story set in america.
>>
>>86941521
So she was just a bitch. He wrote her's name because he was angry or what?
>>
>>86941566
Yes, he could have written another criminal's name to do what she ended up doing, but better to kill her as well.
>>
>>86941566
So she would fall and pull out a page of the book, which would conveniently land in a fire barrel.

Instead of writing that she rips out the page, and burns it before committing suicide, or just fucking burning the page himself since he had it.
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.