[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would win?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

File: Amerifat RR vs Gay Britbong RR.jpg (3MB, 2734x1858px) Image search: [Google]
Amerifat RR vs Gay Britbong RR.jpg
3MB, 2734x1858px
Who would win?
>>
>>86919865
Why is Boromir on the left?
>>
File: d.png (200KB, 270x360px) Image search: [Google]
d.png
200KB, 270x360px
>2 (Two) White Males.
>Every Fucking Time
>>
>>86919865
Trick question.

Real winner is Ian Flemming
>>
they are both faggots and Conan the Barbarian would kill all of them
>>
>>86920005
Hes a fucking traitor
>>
>>86920087
>not Tom Clancy
>>
stannis
>>
File: 1474590506921.jpg (20KB, 317x184px) Image search: [Google]
1474590506921.jpg
20KB, 317x184px
>>86919865
>both sides literally, LITERALLY, has a manlet and a dwarf
>>
>>86920005
lul
>>
File: 1480194209347.jpg (3MB, 1565x2823px) Image search: [Google]
1480194209347.jpg
3MB, 1565x2823px
>>86920063
There must be a mistake, since in that picture of yours is the author of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.
Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.
a-at least the books were good though
"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."
I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
I feel like this is the sort of childish exercise Tolkien would've hated
>>
>>86919865
I mean obviously the more GRRM characters from the got universe are more cunning. But the Tolkien universe characters are beyond the realm of typical men. Obviously the dragons would seem the advantage for the GRRM-verse characters but between gandalf/legolas/eagles that'll come in at the last possible moment I think they'd get manhandled.

So Tolkien-verse characters win.
>>
>>86919865
both the authors look like horny pervs in this pic
>>
>>86920173
poor formatting

a pale imitation 2bh
>>
>>86920236
What if we add White Walkers and Sauron's Army to the mix, lead by The Night's King and Sauron himself?
>>
>>86920173
Your taste is mostly bad
>>
>>86920272
I mean If we're talking about everything in the universe definitely wins. Remember the tolkien universe would include ancient beings like dragons the size of literal mountains and world devouring spiders and crazy shit.
>>
>>86920301
>I mean If we're talking about everything in the universe then*** Tolkien*** definitely wins
>>
>>86919865
LOTR. Completely different power-level universe. Legolas and Gimli could probably solo Dany's dragons
>>
>>86919865

Serious answer: LotR universe, the power level is just higher all around. E.g. when knights of the Vale arrive at the battle of the bastards, it's a reasonably-sized cavalry detachment, but when riders of Rohan come to save the day, there's like two billions of them.
>>
>>86919865
Tolkien has at least something like 7,000 pages of published material, and more that's unpublished. He created at least 21 different languages for his setting. He has about 1,000 named characters. He set the archetypes that every other fantasy setting, including GRRM's, uses today. And bitch all you want about Tolkien writing for page after page about trees and whatever but he is unquestionably the better author.

tl;dr It offends me that you would even ask this question. Tolkien's legendarium was the lifelong work of a genius.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n36nq6no801qzjix8.gif (982KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n36nq6no801qzjix8.gif
982KB, 300x300px
>>86920173
You have Clifford the big red dog for president in the middle tier of your list.

Clifford the motherfucking big red dog.

Your opinion has now been disregarded
>>
>>86920005
That's Ned Stark.

And Tolkien's people would win -- Gandalf.
>>
File: Gandalf - John Howe.jpg (409KB, 1422x976px) Image search: [Google]
Gandalf - John Howe.jpg
409KB, 1422x976px
>>86920434
Oh but if you're asking about power levels then the answer should be even more obvious because no one in GRRM's setting is anything more than human and almost everyone in Tolkien's is so very much more. Literal deities even.
>>
>>86920484
That's hardly the worst thing about how those books are ranked anon.
>>
>>86920484
topkek I never even open the image
>>
>>86920087
>Not Alistair Maclean
>>
>>86920434
Well yeah but GoT has rape and gore so it's really mature and serious, you really feel like an adult when you read or watch it.
>>
>>86920585
Tolkien has rape and gore too, it's just not shared in scintillating detail.
>>
>>86919865
Lets break it down into smaller parts regarding who would win in a fight since Tolkien is objectively a better and more accomplished writer.
>Leading heroes
Aragorn, Legolas, Boromir, Eomer and the like could best any warrior from ASOIAF though book Jaime, Selmy, and Arthur Dayne are worthy. Aragorn is literally superhuman and Legolas is a top tier elven warrior and Elves are essentially superhuman as well. Maybe in terms of sheer strength guys like The Mountain or The Hound could match and even overpower Aragorn but his skill is just too much to overcome. In a straight up brawl between the main casts LOTR wins in a total fucking blowout.
>manlets
Tyrion has heart and could probably easily beat the four hobbits if he had to fight them but Gimli is king of the manlets and would stomp him no question.
>stronk womyn
Arwen isnt really that great on her own and is trumped by some of the more impressive females from GRRMS world like Cersei, Dany (sort of), Sansa, and Arya. But all four of the characters mentioned in GRRMS case have moments where characterization utterly fails and GRRMS weaknesses as a hack writer derail their quality and consistence. GRRM has a lot of female characters and only most of them suck, but even though JRR doesnt have many its quality over quantity. Galadriel, Eowyn, and Arwen are all you need.
>actual armies
just using the men from middle earth, they seem to not have great numbers compared to the armies of westeros so numbers would not be on their side here. However, when you look at what each army is equipped with it becomes far less unbalanced. Virtually every soldier in Middle Earth is armored extremely well, and armies from the east like the haradrim would bring with them monsters like the Mumakil which would be pretty much impossible for the westerosi to stop, assuming many dont flee from shock alone. It would be like the persians trying to break Spartan armor. Just isnt gonna happen. quality over quantity.
>>
>>86920971
name one person who gets rapes and one person who gets their genitals eaten by flies in LotR
>>
>>86921067
This one elf is raped by her cousin in the Silmarillion.

>gets their genitals eaten by flies

That's a bit specific. But for more torture see The Silmarillion.
>>
>>86921057
>magic bullshit
Danaerys and her dragons plus the Others and their army of zombies (lets be real thats literally all they are, so fucking original, right Martin?) go against the supernatural forces of middle earth.
Sure Dany has three fairly sized dragons but Smaug alone dwarfs Drogon, and even though no other dragons are directly mentioned by name it is implied that more than him are around. Anyway, assuming its just Smaug, even outnumbered 3 to 1 Smaug wins with relative ease. Fire isnt going to hurt anybody in this fight so it comes down to strength and killing power. Smaug was killed by mortal weaponry but only in an impossibly small weak point that a Dragon would be woefully ill equipped to exploit. Otherwise Smaug is near invulnerable, and certainly will not be severely hurt or hindered by anything Drogon and friends can throw at him. On the other hand, pathetic human spears thrown by untrained insurgents caused fairly significant damage to Drogon so I doubt Smaug would have any trouble at all taking Danys runts out.
Then theres the walkers vs the orcs. This one is probably the only one that would be close at all since there is certainly a chance that the walkers could win. However, I give the edge to the Orcs simply because they use formations and tactics and much like the walkers are not lacking in numbers. If there was some sort of battle royale between the Nazgul and the Others that would be a little different. The Others are clearly no slouches and are shown to be physically far stronger than humans. The Nazgul on the other hand, we dont really have a gauge for their strength. The Witch King is an insanely powerful sorcerer but we have no reason to believe this is not the case for figures like the Night King and the Others. But there are other magical evil beings middle earth has, and in this case all that needs mentioning is the Balrog. Balrogs are pretty much the perfect trump card to the Night King and Others.
>>
>>86920173
>God-tier

Atlas Shrugged.
Dude. Atlas Shrugged is Harry Potter and 50 Shades of Gray for rich republican kids and (((them))).
It's fanfic tier ideological perversion with excitement value of a brick, that succeeded only because of Red Scare.
>>
it's really cringy that people unironically compare GoT to LotR. Like comparing Band of Brothers to Lawrence of Arabia.
>>
>>86921186
More like comparing The Big Bang Theory to Seinfeld.
>>
>>86921225
nah my analogy is perfect on every level except them not both being WWII.
>>
Tolkein because all his characters have 10 different layers of plot armor and are almost all mary-sues.
>>
>>86921391
Look, if you'd read the book you'd know that the story is told from a limited third-person perspective, that of the four Hobbits. They guide the reader through the story. They're the characters. Not Aragorn or Gandalf or Legolas. They're mythic figures. They're not supposed to be relatable.

The Hobbits are the ones who are grounded. They have problems, they struggle, they're weak.
>>
File: Bombadil 57251.jpg (442KB, 1075x823px) Image search: [Google]
Bombadil 57251.jpg
442KB, 1075x823px
>>86919865

Tom Bombadil (AKA God) snaps his fingers and all of GoT disappears.
>>
>>86921150
thank you for typing that so I didn't have to
>>
>>86920126
Who's the manlet in lotr?
>>
File: mfw.jpg (123KB, 1125x766px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
123KB, 1125x766px
>>86923321
the hobbits yo
>TFW frodo is 5 foot 9
>>
>>86920173
>Ulysses in Middle
>Clifford in Middle
Is your Mid-Tier just memes, Anon?
>>
>>86920063
well lotr has gandalf so probably them
>>
>>86921127
>(lets be real thats literally all they are, so fucking original, right Martin?)
>Elves were literally taken from folktales
>Orcs were literally taken from folktales
>inb4 "B-But muh orcs are Original"
>inb4 Forgetting Children of The Forest are Original
>>
>>86923544
>inb4 "B-But muh orcs are Original"

They are in fact.

>inb4 Forgetting Children of The Forest are Original

They're elves, so no.
>>
>>86921391
>GoT main characters aren't plot armored mary sues
>the female lead's entire character is literally just "MUH DRAGONS"
>>
>>86923447
>>86920484
I like this bait
>>
>>86920236
Tom Bombadil would shit on everything GRRM has thought of
>>
>>86923941
Because a physical representation of God is boring.
>>
>>86924031
Tom isn't God. Tolkien said that Eru was not manifest anywhere in Arda. Tom is not Middle-earth Jesus.
>>
>>86921150
>I disagree with the premise so it's bad
I don't agree with it but I recognize it as excellent writing.
>50 shades
>Harry Potter
Confirmed having never read it. Nothing new here.
>>
>>86924083
You're right, he's less interesting than jesus.
>>
>>86923361

Uhh I'm 5'9 and last I checked that's considered tall because it's above average
>>
>>86923544
elves as you know them in fantasy are from tolkien
elf in various european mythologies could mean anything from rapist demons to fairies to goblins or dwarves to straight up gods
>>
>>86921127
The Witch-King was granted powers of necromancy from Sauron, which he then gave to his own servants. They then reanimated the bones of human kings with evil spirits and unleashed a plague that wiped out much of the human population of Arnor and Gondor.

While he didn't have an army of wights he was capable of powerful necromancy. Whether it's on par with the Walkers is anyones guess.
>>
>>86919865
>Tolkien develops entire languages for fictonal races.

>GRRM: "She shat shit that was just brown water. She wonders if she keeps shitting like this she would be the firsr queen to die from shitting too much shitty shit."
>>
>>86924281
Before Dungeons and Dragons existed necromancy had fuck all to do with reanimating zombies and everything to do with holding seances and whatever. More generally it was a term applied to evil magics because disturbing the dead from their slumber to ask them questions is really bad.

And the plagues were weren't created by the Witch King either get that Warcraft3 shit out of here.
>>
Lotr would win but then would self destruct as Aragorn didn't have strong tax policies
>>
>>86919865
they dont even choose any of the good fighters from GoT

I mean Tirion, really? Ned v Aragorn? lol
>>
File: always on the winning side.jpg (22KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
always on the winning side.jpg
22KB, 360x240px
>>86919865
>>
>>86919865
Obviously Lord of the Rings characters because the game of thrones ones aren't real.

It's just a tv show people.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.