[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Note

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 53

File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>Anime: Light is a cold, ruthless sociopath with a genius level intellect
>Movie: Light tells the girl that he has a crush on that he has a book that can kill people

I can't imagine anyone that liked the anime would enjoy this movie. The assassinated both Light and L's characters.
>>
it's just an adaptation man, jesus
>>
File: 1454913656333.jpg (144KB, 846x471px) Image search: [Google]
1454913656333.jpg
144KB, 846x471px
It looks like a fucking comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXGfOqUWtNk&feature=youtu.be&t=3s
>>
>>86918887
It is a comedy
>>
Why even make it when you can't have the epic score from the show?
>>
>>86918853
L wasn't too bad
>>
>>86918853
>>hiring cumskins and literal nigger to play Japanese characters

they could've atleast hired some decent actors or atleast cast light and L as Asian,no wonder the show is shit
>>
>>86918853
It's almost like the Light in the anime was a representation of Japanese youth and the pressures that come with that and the Light in the film was a representation of an American youth and the pressures that cone with that or something... Hmm...
>>
>>86918853
Light was actually better than I expected. Not on par with the original but the actor gave a decent effort. Nat Wolff gave a serviceable performance despite the characterization flaws.
>>
>>86918853
the actor who played bLack wasn't bad, the thing that ruined him was the script and shit story
>>
>>86918986
The entire thing stinks of being run through the hollywood machine. The main character is the villain?! That can't work! We have to disneyfy the crap out of this and give him a sympathetic background! Better kill one of his parents before the story starts and make him an emo idiot. The fans will LOVE that!
>>
>>86918986
I honestly don't see how you can defend this movie. They clearly just wanted to cash in on Death Note's fame without doing their due diligence. So they went on wikipedia, read a synopsis of the show and then made some retarded teen drama about a kid who finds a book that can kill people.
>>
>>86919105
I agree. But honestly him being black was a really bad idea. His hair and lips when eating candy made me cringe
Trying not to be racist about it cause he was the only one who really tried to act like his character and he did do a really good job being L for as much as the script allowed him
>>
>>86919160
Light is still a villain. Killing his mom doesn't change that.
>>
>>86918986
But light in the anime and movie are not supposed to be the average japanese or american. Light is supposed to be exceptionally smart, attractive, and well liked
>>
>>86918986
That wasn't it at all. Light was meant to represent the perfect student who bought into his own hype.
>>
File: turnerXyagami.jpg (133KB, 1200x488px) Image search: [Google]
turnerXyagami.jpg
133KB, 1200x488px
>>
>>86919270
>Light in the movie is not meant to be average

Except he is in the movie. The story has changed from being a cat and mouse to being one about teen angst and a bit about growing up.
>>
>>86918853
>Anime: How Light sees himself.
>Movie: How others see Light.
>>
>>86919349
Which is why people hate the movie.. hmm...
>>
>original japanese version
acts like a japanese nerd
>american version
acts like an american nerd

WOAH WHAT A SHOCK
>>
@86919405
Nice try
>>
>>86919268
At worst he's an antihero. He never kills anyone who doesn't deserve it. Mia is the one who killed all those FBI agents. She's also the one who ripped out the page with Watari's name in it which prevented Light from stopping his death. Light is no worse than someone like Rambo who is still considered the hero despite the fact that he killed hundreds of people.
>>
>>86919391
The movie is a mess because the game kept too much from the manga.
>>
White people and niggers ruin everything. American media needs to stop
>>
File: death note swimming.gif (3MB, 225x127px) Image search: [Google]
death note swimming.gif
3MB, 225x127px
>>
>>86919391
Except the reception seems pretty mixed like some people like and others don't.. hmm...
>>
>cu... can.. i?
>can I.... kiss..
>*blushes*
>death note falls out of pocket followed by spaghetti
>can i kiss you?
>>
>>86918853

Anime: Light is a weirdo who is somehow the literal #1 student in the country despite living a quiet suburban life where he waxes poetic about god and the nature of man, real neckbeard shit and decides to kill people without remorse within 10 mins of having the book

Movie: he's a high school kid with insecurities and wants to get his dick wet

It's almost like the anime is some grotesque caricature of intellectualism so the writers can pontificate about god and the nature of evil while the movie is about a kid with a death note.
>>
>>86919467
You must not have been in the other hundred of deathnote threads.. or havent checked the rt score.. hmm..
>>
As someone who hasn't seen the anime, the movie was fine. It had some good twists that I didn't see coming. I thought they would both die, L ending up with the extra page and almost using it.
>>
>>86919488
To be fair, asians don't have souls and their schooling is different so the Japanese depiction isn't all that inaccurate.

They should have made movie like a college freshman.
>>
>>86919488
>>86919349
which is why nobody likes it
>>
>>86919560
I blame the fact that it doesn't know what it wants to do. It sets up a lower key story and still puts in L scenes that come off retarded because Light is now just a kid.

Getting rid of L solves a lot of problems.
>>
File: r786eTk.jpg (46KB, 634x434px) Image search: [Google]
r786eTk.jpg
46KB, 634x434px
>>86918853
I just finished it and I totally expected to hate it. I only even watched it because gf wanted to watch it.

But I must say I didn't think it was horrible trash. It engaged me and I kinda enjoyed it a little.

It's not a direct adaptation so forget trying to compare the two. But if you think of it like a based on a true story where it borrows some of the elements of a story and makes its own thing then you might enjoy it.
>>
>>86918853
Watched it right now. I liked it very much. It's not high art, not perfect, but I think it was very well done compared to how it could have gone and of all the possibilities this could have turned out this was probably among the very top notch. It deserves much of the critique it gets but a big part of it is people who are contrarian and just like the manga too much. It's a great manga, so comparably the movie will be worse, but it's not a fair comparison because the movie is good too
>>
>>86919491
I expect the weebs here to have a hissyfit and also expect them to spam RT with negative reviews. I'm seeing a good mix of people who liked it and who did not.
>>
>>86919430
Who the fuck thinks rambo is a hero? He killed a bunch of cops because he was picked on a little. He's a fucking psychopath. Do you also think the punisher is a hero? lmao.

>but muh antihero
Just a different want to say villain.
>>
>>86919488
>what is sociopathy
>>
>>86919636

>what is a nerd power fantasy
>>
>>86919467
I don't believe that it's possible to like this movie if you liked the anime. It uses the Death Note name but completely changes all the characteristics that made the anime great.
>>
File: Death_Note_potato_chip_8236.jpg (55KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Note_potato_chip_8236.jpg
55KB, 350x263px
>All this analysis
How do I know it was shit without even seeing it?
>>
>>86919663
I liked Heathers, which is pretty much what this movie was ripping off.
>>
>>86918853

>498th buttblasted weeb thread in the last 24 hours

We get it, man. We just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>86919658
Exactly. That's why the new movie sucks. It made Light generic as fuck and removed everything unique about him.
>>
>>86919615
Rambo actually only kills one person in First Blood. It was after that he became a killing machine.
Did he even kill cops in part II? I haven't watched it in a long time.
>>
>>86919430

The point was never whether they deserved to die or not, it was to ask the question of who gets to decide who lives and who dies and who should have that power. Light is a villain because he manipulates the people around him throughout the whole series to do his bidding and save his own ass. Also I don't know what the random comparison to Rambo is for, in the first movie Rambo barely kills anybody except for that guy who fell out of the helicopter, and in the sequels he's just a soldier fighting other soliders so it would be expected that he would be shooting them.

Honestly Light's death is more satisfying in the manga because it ends with him asking for everybody he knew to help him when there was nobody left after he fucked them all over. It's about the price of hubris and pride.
>>
>>86919611
Then listen to the verified critics on rt that rate the movie a 4/10
>>
The show and the movie are trash for completely separate reasons.

The movie is fun to watch, bad to think about,
The show is bad to watch but fun to think about.
>>
>>86919615

Rambo didn't kill a single cop in First Blood. One cop died because he was an overzealous retard who fell out of the helicopter he was shooting at Rambo from.
>>
>>86919710
As opposed to generic anime boy with a God complex?
>>
>>86919747
Yeah I can't take them seriously with titles like "A whitewashed mess".
>>
it looked cyberpunk as hell. fucking seattle, neon lights, rain. Whats not to like.
Dafoe steals the show
The ending is fucking stupid

and light's dad is a retard
>>
>>86919746
I like this Light's death if L used the paper.

He spends the whole movie trying to work through the problems he hasn't with his dad vicariously through the Note, and wants out the second shit goes sour.

And the moment he finally accomplishes all that and understand his dad - utterly fucked because of events he set into motion and could have avoided had he acted less rashly.
>>
>>86919672
They kept this scene right?
>>
>>86918986
Lol
Yiu literally stole this from a tweet
>>
>>86919430
>He never kills anyone who doesn't deserve it.
Criminals all deserve to die? There's a reasonable utilitarian argument to be made, that his actions ultimately are good, because of the impact on society they have, but if they were isolated and had no run on consequences then they are not. Maybe a few of these people deserve to die, but say the room in the yakuza nightclub where everyone is massacred or the guy who acts in his name during the coma to kill unspecific criminals who appear on the news, some of these people don't deserve to die, although killing them might be justified.
>>
>>86919844
no. of course not
>>
>>86919844
Nope. Really no way they could've, with this version of the character.
>>
>>86919858
Did I? I dont have twitter. Are you implying people can't come to similar conclusions? Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>86919430
His first kill was just a bully.
>>
>>86919864
Part of his last conversation with his dad is him coming to terms with the fact that he fucked up by thinking in black and white. At the start he mocks his dad for not upholding justice and being a bad cop, and so the Note is his way of showing up his dad.

It's a nice moment between the two of them when Light realizes that his dad was right. Things are complex and they can see eye to eye.
>>
I don't understand why he sent watari off to find L's name.

>Watari visits L and after seeing L quickly reaches into his pocket and pulls out a gun, he shoots L in the face then turns the gun on himself and shoots himself in the head

Would have made much more sense
>>
>>86919966
There are rules to prevent that from happening.
>>
>>86918853
>An American remake of quality foreign media is garbage
So what's new?
>>
>>86919899
Sure thing, Adam.
>>
>>86919864
The point is someone who goes around killing criminals usually isn't considered a villain in works of fiction. Paul Kersey in Death Wish would probably have been a better example than Rambo. He's considered to be an antihero not a villain.
>>
>>86920004
He can control a piece of paper to fly into a fire but not make watari shoot L?
>>
>>86919966
Shit, that's a good catch
>>
>>86919966
They wanted to visit the orphanage to build the world of the film, so they can introduce Near (Quvenzhané Wallis) and Mello (Jaden Smith) in the sequel.
>>
>>86920088
Yes. Watari would have dropped dead before he could pull the trigger.
>>
>>86920082
In an American story, what makes him a villain is not killing criminals, but aspiring to be God.
>>
>>86920127
Ok I'm going to need some reason you think this.
>>
>>86920015
people seems to like Edge of Tomorrow though. Now hollywood wants to cash in on anime adaptations with Kite, Ghost in the Shell, and this shit
>>
>>86918853
The only thing that really killed it for me was the climax. Everything on the farris wheel was awkward as fuck, from the acting to the music choice to the slow motion.
>>
>>86920088
There's a rule in the anime/manga that if you set up a person's death in the Death Note so there will necessarily be any secondary deaths as a result, the person whose name is written will just die of a heart attack instead of doing any of the shit you told them to do.

I'm not sure they ever introduce this rule in the movie, though.
>>
>>86920127
So why was Mia able to command the FBI agent to write other peoples names in the death note effectively killing them?
>>
>>86920172
Not that guy, but if i am not mistaken you can't cause the death of someone using a another person if you don't write the name in the Note.
I think it's one of the rules in the anime.
>>
>>86920197
They never introduce the rule in the movie and ryuk even suggests he influences watari to have been shot as opposed to the anime where if no cause was written then heart attack was the cause
>>
>>86919160
Light was never the villain. it's like people don't understand what an antihero is.
>>
>>86918853
What moron thinks somebody as irrelevant and untalented as Nat Wolff could've fit the part for Light? I agree much more with the Zac Efron = Light meme.
>>
>>86918853
After seeing all the talk here about I just marathoned it and what fucking pile of garbage that shit was. Most anons were saying that the anime was better and thats not hard to believe because this shit flat out sucked. When it was over I literally said to myself "well that was a waste" nothing about that was interesting enough to even recall a scene and say "well that was cool but." Jesus that was bad.
>>
>>86920203
Because their names where actually put into the Death Note. L's was not so it could not be used to have Watari shoot him. Light would still need L's real name to make it to work.
>>
>get power to kill ANYONE
>immediately tell ugly bitch your secret
>she controls your actions you do with YOUR fucking new power
who the fuck writes this shit??
>>
>>86920294
So basically if Light wasn't retarded he would have just written that Watari comes to his house, takes a page of the Death Note, goes to the abandoned orphanage, finds L's real name, writes it in the page, and then kills himself.
>>
the death note is light's penis and how he let's it control his life.
>>
>>86920524
You got me there. That would have been a much better plan. Assuming he could do it in time.
>>
As much as I hate Black L, I cant help but think he would actually be a pretty cool replacement for Samuel L Jackson
>>
>movie gets a free past with pop culture critics because it's netflix
I guarantee new Ghostbusters would get a free pass if Netflix, HBO or maybe even Marvel did it. Anyone who believes mainstream popular opinion is based on any kind of meritocracy the past 5 years is a retard. At least 10 years ago with movies like Transformers it was the movies with the biggest budgets, best stunts and special effects that got people into cinemas even if the movies were shit. There was a consistency based on something real.
>>
How come they need L's real name but not Watari's? I assume Watari has a last name?
>>
>>86918884
it's just a thread. Jesus.
>>
Is it plebbish to keep comparing the anime with the movie 'cause Death Note started as a manga.
>>
File: 1503700418544.png (146KB, 625x454px) Image search: [Google]
1503700418544.png
146KB, 625x454px
>>86920988
Um, don't you know Japanese people only have one name?
>>
The most interesting thing about this movie was me trying to figure out whether they had a practical effect for Ryuk in some scenes
>>
File: Watari.jpg (33KB, 396x535px) Image search: [Google]
Watari.jpg
33KB, 396x535px
>>86920988
Poor writing. Watari had a real name in the manga and anime.
>>
>>86918986
>representation
Why do you think this? Light Turner doesn't represent me.
>>
>>86920524
FBI agents were tailing Light.
Light would not be able to have Watari meet him without raising suspicion.
>>
>>86919488
Then what's L's excuse for being a moron? He's supposed to be the best detective in the world.
>>
>>86921089
The most interesting thing for me was figuring out that Watari also voices Hanzo
>>
File: 1502426848728.png (1MB, 1307x659px) Image search: [Google]
1502426848728.png
1MB, 1307x659px
why the fuck is this scene not cut
how did this make it into the movie?
>>
File: 1503701967796.jpg (24KB, 311x239px) Image search: [Google]
1503701967796.jpg
24KB, 311x239px
Reminder.
>>
File: 1478837228741.jpg (48KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478837228741.jpg
48KB, 720x720px
>Mia "If you look in the Death Note you'll see that I wrote your name in it and you'll die if you don't give it to me"
>Light goes to get Death Note
>sees the PAGE SHE WROTE IN IS IN THE BOOK
>Doesn't burn the page with his name and then write Mia's name in it the book
It really is such a simple solution.
>>
>>86918853
I am only 26:54 minutes in, and I can already say "They fucked it."...

Seriously, it may not be bad as whatever the fuck this is... but this isn't the same Light... and if this isn't the same Light, then this whole things sorta fucked.

In the anime, Light was a chad, minus the meathead body and asshole attitude...
In public, everybody seemed to really like him, and over all he came off as a pretty nice, cool, popular guy.

In this American version, he looses his virginity to a chearleader who guts turned out by snuff videos, and all this occures within 27 minutes of the first episode because apparently that's what American's need in order to watch this show.

Seriously, who this fuck is this guy?
>>
>>86921236
He even passes by a perfectly good random dumpster fire in the alley when he's being chased be L
>>
>>86921160
Alright, good point. So he plans ahead and leaves the page somewhere else for Watari to retrieve later.
>>
File: IMG_1663.jpg (63KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1663.jpg
63KB, 590x350px
>>86921133
>coughflipitovercough
>>
>>86921247
It's not supposed to be the same character...hence why he's acting completely different...
>>
>>86921291
What's the point of handing out a card with just his name and nothing else on it?

Also
>Light writes Watari in the notebook and it fucking works
>Watari is his full name in the movie
>>
>>86921310
They made him worse though. I'm okay with him being a different character as long as he's a good character. But he's a fucking moron boy and it wouldn't take the best detective in the world to catch him with all the goddamn evidence he leaves behind.

Speaking of the world's best detective. L sure is a goddamn idiot.
>>
File: 1362531579428.gif (931KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1362531579428.gif
931KB, 160x120px
>>86921224
What should of been.
>>
>>86921375
>of been
>>
>>86921291
Even if that were true it would mean L is retarded. He directly antagonizes Kira multiple times and allows his handler (face and name) to be a matter of public knowledge.
>>
>>86921135
Not all American youths are autistic shut ins anon.
>>
I don't even understand how L expects to fucking prove Light is Kira in a court of law when all his evidence is circumstantial and hinges on the assumption that Light has fucking imperceptible supernatural abilities.
>>
File: 1470467457569.jpg (10KB, 236x255px) Image search: [Google]
1470467457569.jpg
10KB, 236x255px
>>86921414
>Not all American youths are autistic shut ins anon.
>Imply most of them arent
>>
>>86921310
By missing out on the soul concept of who/what light was, though... I mean, why even bother if you don't get what gave the original show it's charm?

And before someone says shit about the magic of the show being in the Deathnote itself, the book in which you can write the names of who you want dead was not what gave the show it's charm, but rather the tool which enabled the show to function in the first place... The magic, though, came from the character of our main protagonist, and how he decided to use this tool.
>>
>>86921449
In the anime L kind of explains what he plans on doing. He was going to try and catch Kira in the act by showing his capability and how he kills. And at the point in which Kira become a world known and controversial influencer it becomes agreed upon that Kira cannot be given a public court and would have to be executed in secret and his name and influence slowly fade away.
>>
>>86921491
Actually the magic in the show was the cat and mouse game in which two geniuses tried to outplay each other. It's the kind of style that really hinges on the two characters to actually be smart.
>>
File: 1409367508155.jpg (24KB, 276x280px) Image search: [Google]
1409367508155.jpg
24KB, 276x280px
>>86919346
Fuck me
>>
>>86919430
Ray Penbar's fiancée did not deserve to die.
>>
>ending of a 1h40m movie is a fucking cliffhanger
how the fuck did this even release?????????????????????????
>>
>>86919767
Yes. Pretty much at least in th anime he was "Chad who is smart is also an asshole" versus cliche loner kid.
>>
>>86921547
Well, she was obstructing Kira's justice
>>
File: 1503591911848.webm (337KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
1503591911848.webm
337KB, 256x320px
>>86918887
I've been laughing for the past 10min. This may go down as the greatest comedy ever made
>>
>>86921547
I was talking about movie Light. Anime Light is a villain no question. Just the fact that he kills cops who are just doing their jobs makes him a villain. But movie Light only ever kills criminals. The only exception to this was killing the bully in the beginning but at that point he didn't even know that the Death Note would work so I don't think it can really be blamed on him.
>>
>>86921660
Do criminals truly deserve to die?
>>
>>86921752
Some criminals. The worst of the worst. Unrepentant murderers and rapists.
>>
>>86920177
its ferris faggot, graduated from rpi you piece of shit, get it right, get a life
>>
>>86920387
Leftists
>>
>>86922222
Confirmed.
Liberals are ruining movies
>>
>>86921367
>L sure is a goddamn idiot

Yeah theres a whole list of things he did wrong

>assumes that kira needs both a face and a name without proof;it could be he only needs the face, or only the name, or it could be he just didnt want to kill a non-criminal

>without proof that kira needs both a name and a face reveals his face to light

>lets watari hand out his real name despite believing that kira needs names and caring deeply about his well being.

>doesn't know watari's phone number nor have a way of tracking it

>doesn't check watari's phone record to get proof that he called light, thus implicating him in watari's death, case closed

>doesn't have surveilance in the high school to get the self-incriminating testimony of light and mia

>goes full retard with his chasing light down to murder him destroying all credibility he has with law enforcement
>>
File: gandalf_to_the_music.gif (497KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
gandalf_to_the_music.gif
497KB, 400x200px
>>86919346
> YAGAMI = I AM GAY
>>
>>86919488
this lol. Nice dubadubs
>>
File: 1503769624986.gif (1MB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
1503769624986.gif
1MB, 316x320px
>>86922350
>goes full retard
>>
>>86921660
>but at that point he didn't even know that the Death Note would work so I don't think it can really be blamed on him.
He's standing three feet from a fucking demon and he's justified in being incredulous that the Death Note would work?
>>
>L confronts Turner in the coffee shop and confirms he's Kira

>doesn't bother to install cams in his house or wiretap all his phones like the original L did

>Turner is such a retard that there's probably incriminating evidence right on the desk in his room
>>
>>86922808
He probably thought he was hallucinating or some shit. Maybe he was just dreaming. I wouldn't believe I was talking to a demon either. And like Ryuk said, if it's just a dream then why not indulge in a little revenge fantasy? To be honest, the way Light gets away with completely trashing a classroom even though he's alone in their and he should get in trouble for the mess he made I kind of believe he might just have been dreaming the whole thing.
>>
>>86922808
Just cause hes a teleporting demon with poltergeist powers doesnt mean the book is legit, for all he knew ryuk could've been a prank god
>>
File: IMG_1632.jpg (228KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1632.jpg
228KB, 590x350px
>>86922608
>>
Had some pacing issue, especially at the beginning, and the setup for L's character is a little weird, but overall I thought it was a fine movie. Dafoe was great.

What do you think L wrote on the page?
>>
>>86922881
The teachers were probably too preoccupied with the decapitated student to care at that point.
>>
>>86922608
>L is actually a death god
>>
File: 1503691576643[1].png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503691576643[1].png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Why THE FUCK are people in this thread discussing this shit seriously?
>>
Part of what made Death Note so good was seeing Light try to keep his cover from everyone else. But this new Light is so laughably stupid that not only does L confirm he's Kira really quickly, but even his fucking Dad found out. They just killed that suspense going further if this ever gets more sequels. Then again they made L a fucking idiot too so that makes Turner's job a bit easier.
>>
>>86922942
Oh yeah, I forgot that that kid died at the same time. Lol
>>
How fucking fast was that ladder moving that it cut the kid's head clean off instead of just breaking his jaw or something?
>>
File: Bane_Duck.jpg (36KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
Bane_Duck.jpg
36KB, 500x464px
>>86918960
>or atleast cast light and L as Asian,no wonder the show is shit

I'm starting to think that people who make this complaint are just testing out new bait.
>>
>>86922608
i was fucking crying at this scene, it looks fucking alien i burst out laughing
>>
File: lemon my sides.jpg (152KB, 715x1538px) Image search: [Google]
lemon my sides.jpg
152KB, 715x1538px
>>86919346
>Turner
>>
File: 1503793949794.png (10KB, 593x100px) Image search: [Google]
1503793949794.png
10KB, 593x100px
>;)
How fucking mad is he?
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 612x528px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 612x528px
>>86919346
>>
>>86922608
honestly, the entire movie dies when a kid gets full autonomy over an investigation and somehow got a search warrant for a cops house and surveillance equipment. that shit wont fly in america, but japan is more believable.
>>
>>86922996
35mph, about as fast as a thrown spear, and with much more momentum
>>
>>86923079
It didn't look like it was going that fast.
>>
>>86922924
Nothing. He decided to bring Light to justice.
>>
>>86922222
That's retarded, but quints, so I guess I believe it.
>>
that feel when only bothered to finish this shit to see more of the girl, she's such a looker
>>
File: A FUCKING PICKLE.jpg (516KB, 3944x2379px) Image search: [Google]
A FUCKING PICKLE.jpg
516KB, 3944x2379px
>>86922222
>>
>>86922608
>The Chad Xeno-Dash
>>
File: tfw.png (480KB, 708x556px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
480KB, 708x556px
>>86923197
>>
File: light.jpg (159KB, 927x907px) Image search: [Google]
light.jpg
159KB, 927x907px
tfw Light is Jon Arbuckle
>>
File: 1503376917078.png (116KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
1503376917078.png
116KB, 500x465px
Watari's full name is Watari
>>
>>86921752
Death is all the living deserve.
>>
File: 1494574560859.png (105KB, 201x301px) Image search: [Google]
1494574560859.png
105KB, 201x301px
>>86922608
>When you in a hurry to get to that KFC fried chicken
>>
>>86923193
She was decent in The Nice Guys, even if she's only in like 3 scenes.
>>
>>86919746
>The point was never whether they deserved to die or not, it was to ask the question of who gets to decide who lives and who dies and who should have that power
doesn't matter who should have the power, the thing is that light HAS that power. A god of death literally gave up his power to a human, if you say he doesnt get to decide who dies, than what makes the shinigami get to decide who dies? I don't exactly know what this means but this is the way I see it
>>
>>86921326
>What's the point of handing out a card with just his name and nothing else on it?

the info is on the other side
>>
>>86921224
If any sort of justice existed in this world pic related would have been Kira
>>
>・北米版映画デスノートが凄い8つのポイント
>1. ライトがデスノートの秘密をすぐ友達に話す
>2. ライトが大勢がいるなかデスノートの秘密を大声で話しながら歩く
>3. デスノートの恐怖よりホラーやグロテスク展開で怖がらせる
>4. ライトがデスノートを堂々と人前で読んでる
>5. Lがすぐブチギレ激怒する
>6. Lが銃でブッコロして解決しようとする
>7. Lが一般人を轢き殺しそうなカーチェイスをする
>8. リュークが念力で物や建物をぶっ壊す

8 awful things about the American Death Note film
1. Light tells his friend about the Death Note right away
2. Light talks loudly about the Death Note while walking in public
3. Rather than fear of the Death Note, they try to scare you with gore
4. Light brazenly reads the Death Note in public
5. L quickly flies into a rage
6. L tries to resolve things with a gun
7. L engages in a car chase that endangers civilians
8. Ryuk destroys buildings and objects with telekinesis
>>
>>86921224
too short, light should be tall and handsome
>>
>>86922608

Everyone is making fun of this shot, which I get, but I do think it is suggestive of something. L isn't entirely human. He came from a mysterious orphanage. He's always sitting like a gargoyle. His job as a detective means his life is defined by death.
>>
>>86923487
>L isn't entirely human
Wow that's fuckin racist dude
>>
>>86921055

That subtle off-white coloring...the tasteful thickness of it.

My God...it even has a watermark.
>>
File: 1485288373562.jpg (42KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1485288373562.jpg
42KB, 621x502px
>>86923031
>:)
>>
What they did to Ryuk is inexcusable. Before, he only was an observer because of the rule that if a human possesses the note, he must wait until they die. It seems in this version that he is a pusher.
>>
>>86918887
>dub

you disgust me
>>
>>86922222
check'd
>>
I get that they change things for this version but it wasn't even a good movie in it's own right, there were ZERO mystery or thriller elements, not even a decent twisteroo at the end and far too many loose ends and things that just make no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>86918986
>Hurr righto Imagay meant to be japanese kid
No, ya fucking dingus. Light is meant to be the extraordinary kid, that one who is way above everyone else from the get go. JP Light isn't bound to the pressures of society, he fucking thrives on them, he eats them up, he is a genius, detective, athletic, good looking, charming guy, with a nice home and family. If you can't get this right, which is literally episode 1 of the anime, you're probably qualified to work on the sequel of the garbage Netflix made.
>>
>>86923793
Not only that, but the JP Ryuk decided to be an observer despite the rules, and would only act when told to to further Light's play and make it all the more entertaining to him. He never chooses people, he holds no feelings, all he does is watch us play god, like a person playing with ants.
NA Ryuk is just a taller Billy the Puppet
>>
>>86920387
>>86922222
>(((leftists)))
>>
>>86924120
Yeah no. Light wouldn't be that if Japanese culture didn't demand near perfection. You weebs are so silly.
>>
>>86923432
>8. Ryuk destroys buildings and objects with telekinesis

Did he really do anything?
I thought he was only there to watch everything unfolds as written on the Death Note
>>
>>86918986
Fuck off, Netdrone.
>>
>"This might sound kind of crazy but I have a death god"
How the fuck did you guys watch past this point?
>>
Light has to have some redeeming qualities otherwise they would have never green lit the film. Hence, we are introduced to Mia so early on, she is the true antagonist in this movie.
>>
LIGHT IS A CuCK
>>
>>86925186
Light in the anime has tons of redeeming qualities. They just pale in comparison to how completely insane he is.
>>
File: 256464.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
256464.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>86923177
Guess it's double confirmed
>>
>>86925229
Light is both the protagonist and antagonist in the anime. He's cruel and merciless. This doesn't translate in Hollywood. That's why they gave those qualities to Mia, so the film still has a true protagonist.
>>
File: dn.webm (666KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
dn.webm
666KB, 1280x536px
>>86924991
at the end he was making motions to tear down the ferris wheel
he was also on the scene when watari was killed so i guess it's hinting that ryuk himself plays some part in how the kills play out
also wasn't there a CGI crumbling church in the trailer that wasn't in the movie and a shot of ryuk saying 'I hope you know what you're doing' ?
>>
>>86925233
CARLOOOOOOS
>>
File: deathnote 2017 rt.png (301KB, 933x693px) Image search: [Google]
deathnote 2017 rt.png
301KB, 933x693px
>>86918884
Yeah. A shitty one.

Just because some big movie studio slaps some brand name they paid for on something they shit out, that doesn't make it good and true to the source you like.
>>
>>86925278
>> Light is both the protagonist and antagonist in the anime. He's cruel and merciless. This doesn't translate in Hollywood.

Someone's never watched Silence of the Lambs
>>
>>86925446
Jodie Foster is the protagonist. Brainlet.
>>
I hope they make a death note 2.
looks like they could set up L as the bad guy, now that he has a sheet of the death note.
>>
>>86925534
Pretty sure that's the end since he confessed and all.
>>
Is it weird that I kinda liked it?
>>
>>86925534
L has a internal moral dilemma whether to kill light or not. He doesn't.
>>
>>86925549
he only confessed to his dad. if his dad dies, game on
>>
File: desu.jpg (316KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
desu.jpg
316KB, 1200x800px
>walks into the cafe
>hey I think you're Kira
>no
>yes
>no
>yes
>ok yes, prove it bitch
>I will
>oh yeah
>yeah
>fuck you
>fuck you
Glad they did this instead of the whole investigation thing, gotta trim the fat
>>
>>86925570
No. It's an enjoyable flick.
>>
>>86925148
I see it as a B-movie shlock
>>
>>86925584
They're not gonna make another one.
>>
>>86925618
that's not what i want, though
>>
>>86925618
Netflix was interested in doing two. Depends on if people watch the first. It's safe to say there will be a sequel.
>>
>>86925631
Did you even pay attention to this flick? L doesn't kill. He doesn't even kill him when he has all the reason too. And you want a sequel where L is the new Kira?
>>
>>86921614
It's not a cliffhanger, you buffoon. They explicitly tell you L wrote Light's name.
>>
>>86925600
This. The fucking anime is disgusting.
>>
>>86925757
I don't he wrote his name. Hence the confession.
>>
Nat Wolff belongs in gay porn.
>>
If you want to be stupid about it and be a purist, it sucked cock.
If you want to enjoy an adaptation, it rocked.

I swung through both reactions several times while watching it. In the end, it was a great watch. Better than the Japanese live actions by a mile.
>>
>>86925757
its not a cliffhanger just ambiguous
>>
>>86925797
>>
>in order to better fit the western audience and to help them associate (self-insert) with the main character we had to make him an overly emotional and dumb cuckold
Beautiful.
>>
Why is Mia some cold blooded fuck now?
>>
>>86926062
They switched Misa and Light's roles and personalities.
>>
>>86922426
>>86919346
>Surname in reverse is I AM GAY
Have mercy on my sides, Lord Kira
>>
>>86925666
he almost did, until he was hit by a follower of kira
>>
>>86919461
Now that's old.
>>
The weird thing about Light's character is that he's a total fucking idiot until the very end when he hatches an elaborate master plan on the fly, tying up almost every loose end and diverting all suspicion from himself. Why was the whole movie a continuous succession of major fuck-ups on his part until that one moment in the computer lab where he has this spontaneous eureka moment that solves nearly all his problems?
>>
>>86926062
There would be a negative shitstorm if she was the same as in the anime.
>>
>>86918887
Both are cringey.
>>
>no "L massaging Light's feet" scene
worst remake ever
>>
>>86926231
It's shitty that he dynamic of Light and Misa's relationship just got completely fucking ignored because people would have a shit storm over Light being a huge manipulative asshole, and Misa blindly following whatever he says.
It's even worse considering that her pure and utter devotion to light was actually a huge plot point. But instead she just got turned into some random slut he had a crush on that was only with him for the death note, and was planning on stealing it from him probably since the moment she knew it existed
>>
I've decided to watch the anime now. Wish me luck.
>>
>>86926378
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that whole scene in the anime was meant to show that L genuinely had some fear that Light was going to kill him soon, and was trying to get him to have second thoughts about it, right?
>>
>>86926439
Nah, it was just fanservice for the fujoshis.
>>
File: 56345436436.jpg (80KB, 949x630px) Image search: [Google]
56345436436.jpg
80KB, 949x630px
>>86926433
Its one of the most engaging and creative stories ever written anon, have fun
>>
>>86926439
It was supposed to be a cheap Jeebus symbolism.
>>
File: haha.jpg (2MB, 2037x3056px) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
2MB, 2037x3056px
>>86926433
>not reading the manga
>>
File: 1476590276344.png (321KB, 480x650px) Image search: [Google]
1476590276344.png
321KB, 480x650px
>>86918887
>>
>>86926550
>watching black and white still images
>>
>>86926550
What's the difference?
>>
>>86926550
Anime is arguably one of these rare cases where the adaptation exceeds the source. Although both are advisable to stop after L dies and just watch japanese live action for the better ending.
>>
File: we.jpg (309KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
we.jpg
309KB, 1920x1080px
*wears DJ glasses to sleep*
*chucks some M&Ms*
*parkours*
*grabs a gun to cap this bitch ass Light*
>>
File: reasons.png (245KB, 725x439px) Image search: [Google]
reasons.png
245KB, 725x439px
I get that the movie looks atrocious (except maybe Dafoe's performance) but can someone explain to me why the show is so loved?

I'll admit the premise is very interesting enough, but some characters and story arcs are just atrocious.

I swear, you have a shinigami, the weirdest and coolest design for a demon I've seen, and what's his role? His hidden agenda that makes him leave his world? Suck Light's dick at every monologue about how he's one step ahead. And there are too many. The show is obsessed with him, and I just don't see the appeal.

The whole "amnesia" arc was way too much for me. L was the only character that acted and looked like the writers gave a fuck, and he's bested in the most convoluted plan in existence. Only to be replaced by some offbrand clone in the next episode.

I couldn't bring myself to finish it.
>>
>>86926653
god how did they fuck up such an iconic character from the show

>hurr lets get this spooky pale jap kid with big eyes and make him into a black hipster autist
>>
File: death note casting2.png (628KB, 692x616px) Image search: [Google]
death note casting2.png
628KB, 692x616px
>>86923394
>>86921224
>>86921375
>>86918853
I've been funposting on /tv/ for years that Dane should have been Light. His dad should've been Liam Neeson. And L should have been Cillian Murphy.
>>
File: death note casting 3.png (248KB, 535x338px) Image search: [Google]
death note casting 3.png
248KB, 535x338px
>>86926699
Fuck it, might as well let Nolan direct and make Watari - Michael Caine.
>>
>>86923800
DN's dub is legendary, up there with dragonball's, trigun's and bebop's
>>
>>86918853
>no-one is pointing out that this is a film, not a movie

/tv/ is plebs only now
>>
>>86926723
actually thought this right away as well for some reason
>>
>L is an unhinged and emotional person
>Mia is a smart, manipulative killer
>Light is dumb and girl obsessed
The fuck?
>>
Did I miss something or Light never saw Watari? How the fuck did he manipulate him then?
>>
>>86919346
It's actually
>I'M A GAY
you faggot.
>>
>>86918853
What a fucking meme fest. Only watch with people to shit on it
>>
>>86925233
Is this a get thread now?
>>
>>86925233
This is a get.
>>
File: copkillings.jpg (52KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
copkillings.jpg
52KB, 720x304px
Its because he's black isnt it
>>
>>86926817
He got Watari's picture off the internet. His dad told him the name, and seeing that his WHOLE REAL NAME WAS WATARI and he's well known his picture was easy to get.
>>
>>86926905
don't talk to me or my son ever again, nigger.

jesus christ raimi
>>
File: yedxq0h9pquuuhhmquju.jpg (32KB, 800x333px) Image search: [Google]
yedxq0h9pquuuhhmquju.jpg
32KB, 800x333px
>>86926899
dam son
>>
>>86926905
how did that scene come about? I don't remember that from the anymay but maybe it happened
>>
>>86926881
>>86926699
You bet it's a get thread.
>>
>nerd who gets bullied
>instantly gets cute gf

why does hollywood do this to me
>>
>that ending
Damn I was actually kinda curious how they would take L using a death note page
>>
>>86920172
they stupidly never mentioned it in the movie but it seemed to me they were following the rule from the original where you can not use a death notes control to cause the death of anyone you havent written down.
you could only make watari kill L if you knew both of their names and wrote them both down to die together in this way.
>>
>>86918853
The cold smart pretty boy hero is something the japanese look up to, want to relate to.

But is there an equivalent in american culture where mediocrity is elevated?
>>
>>86918853
>Nigger L and Faggot Light
>Wingard retweeting every tiny bit of praise for this abortion
goddamn i dont even like anime but at least keep it close to the source material.
>>
>>86927006
At the very least they were honest
>Be nerd
>Instantly get a cute gf
>Just because you have some power and the only reason she's with you is because she wants to steal it for herself
>>
>>86918853
>I can't imagine anyone that liked the anime would enjoy this movie.
Prob true. I shit on the movie before it came out based on the trailer. I couldn't really see how the JP tropes (light in particular) would translate well and it looked too action heavy. But after watching it tonight I don't think it's a bad movie. It actually has a better ending than the anime, but that's because the anime's ending is fucking garbage.

I liked Death Note the anime up until like 3/4ths through at which point it proceeds to shit itself. I hated the first 20 minutes of the movie but actually enjoyed the rest of it. I'm glad that dumb bitch died.
>>
>>86927172
This

Light did the right thing by killing that bitch. She was basically Light in the anime and hungry for power
>>
does the Death Note just not work for blind people?
>>
>>86921050
Because the anime is better. And the film adapts the anime and not the manga.
>>
>>86927128
that shy, intelligent, good guy but loner chadlet that is in every teen movie
>>
>>86927201
>She was basically Light in the anime
Except she wasn't beautiful, or strong, or smart, or respected by peers. Basically, she was nothing like Light.
>>
>>86926688
Some early stuff was ok since he's supposed to be an autist before the gun rampage shit. Also all the characters did such stupid things here.
>>
>>86927269
>Except she wasn't beautiful
>>
File: 1249348733597.jpg (17KB, 161x159px) Image search: [Google]
1249348733597.jpg
17KB, 161x159px
>>86927260
>anime is better
>literally just the manga + foot rubs
>>
>>86925229
He wasn't insane, he was a saviour.
>>
>>86926699
>Dane DeHaan
good shit
>Neeson
whatever
>Cillian Murphy
too old
>>
>>86927355
No, he's a fucking insane sociopath with a god complex.
>>
>>86920197

In one of the LA adaptations, the absence of that rule is actually the finale point, Light essentially writes a full sequence of events that results in L being the only person in a location, then having someone go to that location and kill everyone there before killing themselves
>>
>>86927195
>I couldn't really see how the JP tropes (light in particular) would translate well
That kind of student exists in the US as well, although generally in universities and not high schools. It would have worked if they tried.
>>
>>86926683
People like the anime because they wish they owned a note to kill others.
>>
That dude from the autistic Netflix show would probably have been a better L
>>
>>86918941
They turned L into emotional, impulsive mess. What are you talking about. Yeah he did the sit and ate some fucking candy but his personality was beyond off.
>>
>>86918960
L is officially 1/4 Jap and 3/4 white.
>>
Lol why didn't Light just make all criminals for from done sickness or disease? It would have been the best way
>>
>>86927195
It could still have functioned in the american context. Light could have been an ivy-league student or something of the like. The point is that he's supposed to be an "elite", seemingly perfect.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-08-27-13h16m28s773.png (432KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-27-13h16m28s773.png
432KB, 1280x720px
When light started screaming like a raging faggot I just couldnt watch all the way after that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK0e7RJGJXw
>>
>>86927489
then they wouldn't fear him
>>
If they wanted to make it more like the anime and have it actually make sense as an American movie they would have needed to make the character much older and not in highschool, like Dexter. Otherwise it's just ridiculous and you can't suspend your belief and it ends up being cringeworthy as fuck because anime doesn't translate to real life
>>
>>86927368
It's all good shit, friendo.
Look at the pic. LOOK AT IT.
L doesn't have to have an age.
>>
At least this take on Ryuk was decent
>kills people
>encourages gruesome deaths
>baits Light into sperging out
>is a cunt in general
>doesn't play favorites
>>
>>86919600
>But if you think of it like a based on a true story where it borrows some of the elements of a story and makes its own thing then you might enjoy it.
this goes beyond turning your brain off.

it's like displacing your brain into a different dimension. i wish i could do this so i could enjoy literally anything at all times.
>>
>>86927498
What made them think that was good
>>
>>86918853
The movie is garbage but let's not pretend the source material is anything better.
>>
Willem Dafoe was great as Ryuk and he looked good too but fuck was he useless in the movie, they could have written him out and nothing would be changed about the movie.
>>
>>86927617
It is though.
>>
>>86927617
If you take bits and pieces of all the different material, you get something great.
>>
>>86927638
It's been a while since I've seen the anime but I'm pretty sure he was always in the "passive-observer" role a majority of the time
>>
>>86927617
youre so cool senpai xo
>>
>>86927498
The worst part is that he doesn't even look remotely scared. He looks like he's just screaming for fun. I mean for fucks sake his face when he's looking out the door looks like it could be applied to a fucking commercial about how someone is CUHRAZY for their food
>>
>>86927617
you must get all the poosi with that edge
>>
>>86927692
Yeah, indeed I do. Apparently girls don't like weebs.
>>
>>86920934
But it doesn't, pretty much everyone agrees it's a piece of shit.
>>
>>86927584
No Ryuk sucked, he was constantly an antagonist to Light for no real reason.
>>
>>86923193
Pretty much this, fuck was she hot.
>>
>>86927720
I don't like girls though.
>>
>>86927720
but you watched and knew about the movie meaning you must have watched the anime version or atleast knew about it... doesnt that make you atleast abit of a weeb?
>>
>>86927768
To be honest, I haven't seen the movie nor the series. I just wanted to shitpost. But yeah, I'm a bit of a weeb, too. I've seen some animes.
>>
>>86927730
He's a god. He gives zero fucks about any human
Far better than the pro-Light Ryuk
>>
>>86923193
She was shit and her teeth are horrifying. Dat gap. She looks like a horse when she smiles.
>>
>>86919600
this desu senpai, it was pretty good
>>
>>86926231
You just have to love today's viewer mentality.
>the female is a total bitch
>the male is her bitch
Yep, as it should be.
>>
>>86927730
i didnt have a problem with this, Ryuk acts different here because this is a different Light
manga Light is a narcissist, Ryuk likes him
netflix Light is a good boy, Ryuk hates him
>>
File: disgusted-face.jpg (252KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-face.jpg
252KB, 1024x680px
>>86918853
anime
>light is a chad that every girl wants
>he is so popular that he has a god complex
>a complete genius that thinks he deserves to rule the world
>mia is his bitch and does whatever he wants
>L is a genius autist that never loses his calm

movie
>Light is a loser that gets bullied
>he tries to defend other victims of bullying
>he's a fucking retard that missuses the death note and tells a random bitch he never really talked to before the entire story
>mia walks all over him and the cuck does nothing about it till the end
>L is a nigger that screams at people

The absolute state of America.

Also, the movie has horrible fucking dialogue, the sense of humor is reddit-tier and the story has no proper pacing at all.
>>
>>86926782
no they aren't. Light is terrible and L is completely wrong.
t. not even weeb
>>
>>86919600
Even without comparing it to the original, it's still pretty shit. The characters aren't really consistent. L is initially portrayed as a genius detective and Watari states that he was raised to be one of the best detectives in the world yet he's impulsive and emotional the entire latter half. Light is a complete fuck-up with the death note after the first few initial uses yet he springs a convenient ass-pull at the last second
>>
>>86919600
>>86928004
>Completely ignoring the anime, L is a genius detective who was raised to be one of the worlds best detectives
>His entire upbringing was meant to make him a genius and train him to be a detective
>When Light takes control of Watari he has him call his fucking cell phone, making Watari use both the hotel phone, and then his personal cell to call Light
>The worlds best detective didn't think to see if Watari called anyone before he vanished, or track his phone/phone records
Both Light and L are meant to be geniuses, and they're both fucking retarded in the movie
>>
>>86926683
I also lost the hype after they did the stupid amnesia arc with the shitty zaibatsu.
I watched the whole of it, but the beginning is still easily the best about it.
>>
>>86925618
>there not gonna make an american adaptation of [x]

literally me every time
>>
I just watched it without ever seeign the anime

as a standalone movie it holds up well, Light, L, James and Ryuk were all very good.

The only bad part was the stupid romance with Mia
>>
Just the fact that Netflix thought that the american audience needed Death Note to be dumbed down in that manner should be enough for you people to feel disgusted. If you had the stomach to keep watching after realizing that, Im sorry, but you are exactly what they thought you would be
>>
>>86926683
Did you watch it? Ryuk did everything because he was bored he talked about how that whole situation has happened before but light was the first one to take it that far by writing so many names in it
>>
>>86926683
I just love it for the incredible shit L and Light pulls fighting eachother. But after L's death the story dips in quality and is only good for watching the end of Light's character arc.
>>
>>86927977
Nice 77's i guess you get a death note now
>>
>>86918986
Light was supposed to be the Peak of society. They made him literally useless and easily manipulated.
>>
>>86926836
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>86928606
Are you?
>>
>>86919346
light turner:
>too many rules
>>
all i kind think of how much this reminded me of persona 5
>>
>>86926147
>Surname in reverse is I AM GAY
He's not called Yagmai though
>>
File: 1461964274500.png (797KB, 812x806px) Image search: [Google]
1461964274500.png
797KB, 812x806px
>some people ACTUALLY expected this to be good
>>
>>86926378
That was anime filler, anyway.
>>
>movie with black L flops
>movie with black Gunslinger flops
>black stunt rider for black Domino died
Hmmm.
>>
>>86928364
Death Flix is not dumbed down.
the keikaku doori at the end is on par with the memory gambit for complexity and far more effective for actual gains.
Death Flix Light straight up tells L and his Dad that he's kira but has also presented all of the outs he needs for them to not kill him AND believe he's not kira anymore AND want him in a future investigation to find the "new/real/bad" kira. sequel is going to be buddy cops that are secretly betraying each other.
>>
>>86928606
fucking idiot
>>
>>86929196
>overall blacked / yellowed / pooinlood / spicd Spider-Man underperforms
>>
>>86927300
nobody likes your basic roastie bitch waifu anon
>>
File: sgajfwenn5iz.jpg (206KB, 2048x833px) Image search: [Google]
sgajfwenn5iz.jpg
206KB, 2048x833px
>>
File: хрень2.png (59KB, 298x140px) Image search: [Google]
хрень2.png
59KB, 298x140px
>>86918853
i like how word kira does not actually mean light in russian
not even close
>>
>>86924991
>>8. Ryuk destroys buildings and objects with telekinesis
>>86925354
>>86923432
Actually i like that change
It makes so that in the end its Ryuk makes things happen, not some magical force

But it contradicts one plot point in the movie, about writing Ryuks name down, he has no reason to kill himself, so writing his name down should do nothing
>>
>>86926683
>I get that the movie looks atrocious (except maybe Dafoe's performance) but can someone explain to me why the show is so loved?
Mostly for the L vs Light arc.
The manga became huge while it was still going on, it lost a lot of steam after Ls death.
I also think thats where it should have ended and lots of people i talk with agree, everything after is pointless.

I dont think the story needed a final resolution, especially when the final confrontation of L and Light felt like the real climax of the story.

I blame Japanese publishing system for Death Note being dragged out, they do this a lot to different series.
>>
>>86919874
Well now I know I will never see it.
>>
>>86923476
Do you even know how he looks like today?
After becoming Dwayne Johnson's training buddy he has become huge.
>>
>>86929209
>death note I want this to happen
>keikaku

Please go.
>>
>>86930540

Huge horizontally sure, but he's still a short manlet. Working out doesn't make you taller
>>
>>86930594
>What is basketball players.
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.