[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened with the Neuromancer movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

What happened with the Neuromancer movie?
>>
They read the book and realized that outside of the cool titled it ha nothing going for it
>>
>>86905631
Johnny Mnemonic
>>
http://deadline.com/2017/08/deadpool-tim-miller-neuromancer-william-gibson-movie-fox-simon-kinberg-1202145496/
>>
>>86905808
The book universe is very expansive to draft a related story at least. Alone the book however doesn't have enough action to fill out an action film. It would probably end up a thriller which instantly reduces any prospect for a high budget.

>>86906020
I'm not sure where Neuromancer is atm but the guy who produced Mnemonic seems to have pitched hard for the Neuromancer to be made.
>>
Will never work the book depends on the imagination of the reader too much
>>
>>86905808
>>86906297
>>86906392
Neuromancer wouldn't even be that hard to adapt to a movie
It's not super abstract. The plot itself is nearly almost cliche. It's a heist movie about an expert called in/blackmailed in for one last big score.
It's about gathering a team and then stealing something.
Straight forward.

Somethings will need to be jiggered around but everything is their for a good movie.
>>
File: case.jpg (58KB, 391x1564px) Image search: [Google]
case.jpg
58KB, 391x1564px
>>86906246
Oh that's interesting to hear. Names don't make any sense to me though.

>>86906392
That's only really true for the cyberspace. It needs to both abstract and have shape of sorts.
>>
>>86906515
I just hope they won't fuck up the hacking by making it too silly. I don't want hackerman.
>>
>>86907911
They should make it a little "silly" by having the console be really clunky and full of toggles and shit, but yeah, they should go full insane for the digital world.
Like that scene in Dr Strange with the multiverse shit and the end of Interstellar
>>
>>86906515
This. It could almost be done scene for scene. It reads like a movie.
>>
>>86910068
>They should make it a little "silly" by having the console be really clunky and full of toggles and shit

Cyberspace is definitely 3d. So the decks should have several joysticks for navigation purposes. Camera controllers come to mind.
>>
>>86910581
Just so long as it looks analogue and not from Apple, it'll be ok.

Give me some buttons and knobs and shit.
Hell, slap some wood-panelling on that baby
>>
>>86905631
>I spent years wanting to read the first book
>I buy the book at a cost, I start reading and I hate it.
>I'm glad I didn't buy the others books, I use the money to fap for 1hr with a hot trans in the cameraprive
>>
>>86910896
>first book
There's only one
The rest don't count
>>
>>86910896
Could've just pirated it and printed yourself to read. That's what I did.

What specifically did you not like?
>>
>>86910981
Brainlet, tbqh
>>
>>86910981
Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive, faggot.

btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqenL2A9co

>>86911013
I used to do this with some books ... I was so hype.
>>
I just finished reading Snow Crash. Neuromancer was better.
>>
>>86912136
>Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive, faggot.
They're not very good though
Neuromancer struck lightning.
It's also self-contained
>>
>>86912720
Wrong, in many ways they're better than Neuromancer but are doomed to play second fiddle
>>
>>86912453
Neuromancer was better.
I like Stephenson a lot, but Snow Crash was all over the place with where it wanted to be
Like it started out as like this satirical extreme cyberpunk world that's like making fun of Gibsoneque cyberpunk, but then it goes all serious and is like "Yeah, that's just how it is."

It's like Stephenson wanted to write two books. One about a satire of cyberpunk with "Deliverators" and a hero protagonist named Hiro Protagonist.
And he also wanted to write a very serious story about corporatism run amok with "recreational nukes" and hacking not just society, or the planet, but the human mind itself

Anyone here read Seveneves, by the way?
>>
the writing was awful
>reading fiction
fucking brainlets
>>
>>86912783
You're the first person to say they're as good or even comparable
I'll give them a shot then.

Are they still about Case?
>>
>>86907911
>>86910068
>>86910581
>>86910792
Reading it I always saw the decks as almost exposed mobos, like a rigged up circuit board with obviously some sort of cover so you didn't fuck up all the internals carrying it around but otherwise just gritty as fuck
>>
>>86912954
>Are they still about Case?
No, Molly is in both if I remember right though
Trying to rehash Case back into the world or doing some prequel deal is hacky, Gibson went down the route of just giving us more from different angles and places of the same universe and it works, but like I said you might not enjoy them that much if you've already read Neuromancer just because they aren't Neuromancer
>>
>>86913055
I can dig it.
I liked the world Gibson created.
I'll check it out
>>
File: file.png (509KB, 1200x634px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
509KB, 1200x634px
>>86912967
I imagined an Atari with shit he attached to his face.
>>
>>86912873
That's a good assessment. I liked it well enough, I just prefer Neuromancer. The Sumerian language brain hack stuff in Snow Crash was kind of interesting and had pretty detailed explanation so that was nice. Also interesting to me is how apparently certain software in the book was the inspiration for google earth.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.