[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>prequels have a few short scenes about the politics of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

>prequels have a few short scenes about the politics of the galactic republic, used to create a world and a context for what happens in the movies
>brainlets get upset because it takes time away from the action
years later
>jewsney buys star wars
>makes an ANH remake
>shameless pandering to OT nostalgiafags
>ZERO exposition and world-building
>relies on the cheapest of the cheap to establish villains and a conflict (lol these guys are space nazis and this guy talks like hitler xDDDD)

I hope you're happy with what you got, Plinkettdrones.
>>
>>86901637
Why would abrams spend time out of your film for exposition and world building when Lucas already did that for him?
>>
>>86901799
Because after the collapse of the Empire the galaxy would work differently to the OT times and the prequel times.
>>
>>86901974
Yeah but at least we got to see a bunch of really cool action. And who really cares if the government would be different? It's just a fictional story.
>>
>"So the evil guy, he's like a hologram right, and he likes to wear robes. Oh right, he also has a scar on his face. But I have no idea who he is or how he got to power; audiences love a mystery!"
BRILLIANT JJ
>"What if, instead of the death star, it was a death planet!?"
BRILLIANT JJ
>"So our lead, Rey, she is going to be the most powerful force sensitive to ever exist right. We'll have her using all the force magic before the end of the first episode, up to the point she'll even defeat the antagonist without so much as a scratch. Audiences love nonsensical plot!"
BRILLIANT JJ
>"For my final trick, I will stop making Star Wars flicks after this one, so the next director is absolutely fucked trying to fix this mess"
BRILLIANT JJ
>>
>>86902039
>It's just a fictional story.
So that means it can be shitty? Wouldn't you prefer your fictional stories to be written well? Or do you prefer easily digested shit shoved down your throat?
>>
>>86902396
I prefer easily digested poop shoved down my throat because it's more enjoyable.
>>
>>86902649
Pleb taste.

The patrician would prefer his poop in small amounts and very difficult to digest, savoring the exotic flavor in his mouth to make it more digestable first.
>>
>>86901637
The politics parts in ep1 were HORRIBLE, how ever they were ok in ep2 and great in ep3 (because he copied Bush speak).
>>
Prequels might have been shit, but at least Lucas tried to give us something new. TFA felt like bad fanfiction, even right down to the all-powerful main protagonist who is instantly trusted and loved by all. The only thing missing is for Rey to be related to someone important, which might happen in TLJ.
>>
>>86903121
>>86902649
An Imperator prefers his poop in liquid form. Step it up, senpai.
>>
>>86901974
That's where the new expanded universe comes in. Read Chuck Wendig's Star Wars novels, you plebeian.
>>
>>86902308
>"For my final trick, I will stop making Star Wars flicks after this one, so the next director is absolutely fucked trying to fix this mess"
I actually feel bad for Rian Johnson cause he has to take this shitty movie and make a sequel. Anyone with an inkling of story-telling skills knows that TFA did it all wrong. J.J.'s "mystery box" is so wrong in every way.
>>
File: 1494985739230.png (701KB, 824x3751px) Image search: [Google]
1494985739230.png
701KB, 824x3751px
>>86904001
>calls others plebeian
>tells them to read anything by Cuck Wendig
>>
>>86904086
I don't feel bad for Rian Johnson, he was embedded with the "story team" to tie with his film, he asked JJ to tweak some stuff at the end of TFA. But this moron didn't tell him that Rey was a Mary Sue that ruined any possible character developpment. So far, TLJ seems like a hot mess on par with TFA.
>>
>>86904205
Every important character is a womyn in Nu-Wars
>>
File: tenor[1].gif (758KB, 468x236px) Image search: [Google]
tenor[1].gif
758KB, 468x236px
>>86904205
>watch a statute of Palpatine get torn down by rioters

wait a sec...
>>
>>86904369
Why is Rey Luke's Padawan again. She's so much of a Mary Sue, she's literally a master of the falcon surpassing Han and Lando, an expert marksman and shooter surpassing Han and Chewie, and she god mode her way through the force defeating Kylo Ren first with force telepathy, then with force pull then with saber combat. And can peak every language including droid and wookie, and shed loved and adored and immediately trusted by everyone she meets. So again I ask you, what in the hell could god mode Mary Sue Rey possibly learn from Luke?
>>
File: star wars.jpg (364KB, 1232x697px) Image search: [Google]
star wars.jpg
364KB, 1232x697px
The prequels were always mixed, they contained good things and bad things. We can all agree to that. But what RLM did and what is so dangerous to the entire medium really is that they narrowed Star Wars down to strictly what the OT is and then proceeded to butcher the prequels for not being that. It basically painted the prequels as inherently broken, inherently wrong and inherently bad. This is simply false when considering the fanbase reception as there were clearly a ton of things that went right with the prequels and made a rightful place in the SW universe.

When RLM complains that TPM doesn't have a clear protagonist, he does so on the basis that ANH had one. But why must TPM have one protagonist? Why must we narrow down Star Wars to the ANH template? Funny enough Disney ended up following this route of the OT template and ended up failing miserably. Whereas Lucas took Star Wars, purposely went out of his way to create something new and original.

See, this is the issue with saying the RLM reviews. It in many ways reflect the most disgusting part of modern Internet culture, where what is different and new is treated with distaste and what is in line with expectations is praised to high heavens, even if all those praises will mean nothing as everyone will have forgotten the film the week after.
>>
>>86904922
This.
She literally doesn't need training since she somehow knows how to do everything.
>>
File: kylo_ren_by_tana_jo-d9r0ugc[1].png (186KB, 400x491px) Image search: [Google]
kylo_ren_by_tana_jo-d9r0ugc[1].png
186KB, 400x491px
>>86905673
>Kylo Ren: You need a teacher. I can show you the ways of the Force.
>Rey: [softly to herself] The Force?

The whole movie was full of these one liners that were never explored any further. It's pretty frustrating
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.