[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mr.Robot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

Remember me /tv/?
>>
Hey Snafu
>>
>>86900337
shit n ass fuck up
>>
As a sec admin this is cringe-core.
>>
Saw S1 this august, S2 i must begin, is it better?
>>
this show is a nerds wet dream, but I like it
>>
>>86899399
I remember my arab waifu on the show yes
>>
>>86901946
lol no it's not. anyone who knows the slightest had to stop watching due to how infuriating it was.
>>
>>86901897
Worse, too ambitious
>>
>>86901989
>too ambitious
Isn't that supposed to be a good thing?
>>
>>86902089
Sometimes, maybe. But it doesn't really work in its favour
>>
Season 1 is great. Showrunner was to full of himself going into season 2 and it ended up tanking in quality. Still enjoyed it for the most part though.
>>
>>86902089
It tries to do too many things and ends up collapsing under its own weight. Still definitely worth watching if you liked the first season. If you didn't then it won't change your mind
>>
>>86901975
It reeks of someone that reads up on sec shit but doesn't understand how any of it works. I couldn't get past the first fucking episode it was so prolific.
>>
>>86901975
It doesn't even get the emo shit right.
>>
>>86900428
>>86901975
>>86902695
I love these kind of posts. Always the same shit. They never say exactly what it is the show does wrong, but trust them anyways because they're network security "experts". You'd think they'd focus in on something specific, but they never do, so you have to wonder if they aren't just a bunch of dumb ass neets that like to be contrarian; gives them purpose to in life to argue.

But ya, it's a tv show. Obviously it is going to be over dramatic and not exactly 100% accurate. If they worked hard to appease the network security "experts" then the show wouldn't have gotten past season 1; nobody would watch it because it'd be boring af.
>>
>>86902940
I could go on but the last time I did it was futile from the get go because your average poster don't understand any of it as well as the show's writers.
>>
>>86902940
> 1st ep.
> Oh hi fbi here is all the evidence I collected for you.

You don't have to be a security expert to know how fucking stupid this shit is.
>>
>>86903246
What's wrong with that anon?
>>
Season 2 was shit.

Would've worked better as a mini-series.

/topic
>>
>>86903438
Really? It's the definition of tampered evidence. It would never once be admissible in any way.

To continue with the first episode tor is a network not a proxy so hidden traffic would never transverse outside of it. There are unproven ways of deducing it that but it's not the kind of exploit that the show presents as what happened.

Again it's like the writers gleamed over a few tech articles here and there about tor shit but not ever understanding a lick of it.

To be fair though since they show boring ass terminals instead of the typical way that every other tv show or film presents computers it immediately makes it more realistic. I'll give it that.
>>
>>86903459
s2 would have been great if there was more hacking and less split personality bullshit.
>>
File: mrrobot.png (1MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
mrrobot.png
1MB, 1280x738px
I enjoyed Season 2
I would've enjoyed it more if I hadn't had the prison twist ruined for me
>>
File: daddy.gif (633KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
daddy.gif
633KB, 500x250px
>>86899399
Beautiful Rami
>>
>>86899399
>Remember me /tv/?

Yeah, you were that heavily derivative fight club knock-off with the guy with the weird eyes.
>>
File: ramgoof.jpg (25KB, 400x408px) Image search: [Google]
ramgoof.jpg
25KB, 400x408px
>>86904767
bumping for mr.robo
>>
It was ok until they went full hack the planet, hackopolyse lmao conspiracy ghosts kek I'm too crazy LOLOL I have multiple personalities huehhehue, bullshit.
>>
>>86905633
t. meme-spouting faggot
>>
>>86903954
>>>86903438
>Really? It's the definition of tampered evidence. It would never once be admissible in any way.
>To continue with the first episode tor is a network not a proxy so hidden traffic would never transverse outside of it. There are unproven ways of deducing it that but it's not the kind of exploit that the show presents as what happened.
>Again it's like the writers gleamed over a few tech articles here and there about tor shit but not ever understanding a lick of it.
>To be fair though since they show boring ass terminals instead of the typical way that every other tv show or film presents computers it immediately makes it more realistic. I'll give it that.

Gleamed?
>>
>>86904270
Agreed. They should have let the audience know from the beginning but not know why. Could have added a lot of tension knowing what the stakes were. Plus the mystery of why.
>>
>>86903954
Well they rightfully don't give a shit about nerds like yourself and just wanted to make an entertaining show.
>>
i like it, fuck the stick up the ass fags mad that it isn't 100% accurate.
that shit would be boring, and this is the closest we've gotten.
>>
Mr. homo
>>
>>86907634
Right but that was never my argument.

>>86907010
Glean, sorry.
>>
>>86907670
I just never understand why people who are in boring technical fields get mad that their niche isn't accurately portrayed in television and film. Have some self awareness and realize it needs to be spiced up so a wide audience will find it interesting.
>>
File: frogfu.jpg (377KB, 1235x1920px) Image search: [Google]
frogfu.jpg
377KB, 1235x1920px
>>86907665
>>
File: 1483374510366.gif (2MB, 540x275px) Image search: [Google]
1483374510366.gif
2MB, 540x275px
>>86907777
It's a good show but I'm mirin these numerals.
>>
>>86902940
Stop shilling the show, it's edgy and mediocre
>>
File: Frankie.png (1MB, 1433x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Frankie.png
1MB, 1433x1080px
Why did she have to die guys?
Will the killer return for season 3?
>>
>>86908432
was just rewatching S1, she got done in too bad. that extra was rough to watch too
>>
>>86901897
Much, much worse. When I finished first season I was in a hype, now I don't even think about watching third season.
>>
I still remember him as the weird eyes marine from The Pacific
>>
>>86901897

The storytelling isn't as tight as in season 1, so it suffers. Having said that, S2 did a lot of cool cinematography techniques and interesting ideas that translated very well (ex. Lucid dream, trying to outsmart Mr. Robot, the blonde in the Red room - very Lynchian). I still enjoyed it and I'll keep watching this October.
>>
They're dropping the hacking storyline and turning it into a reboot of Sliders.
>>
>>86903954
Wow, good thing it's just a TV show.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.