[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The movie industry is on it's leg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 27

File: 1503751111583m.jpg (108KB, 1024x826px) Image search: [Google]
1503751111583m.jpg
108KB, 1024x826px
>the August box office, where revenue for the weekend could hit its lowest level in more than 15 years, in addition to being down nearly 50 percent from the same frame last year.

>none of the weekend's new offerings were expected to earn more than $5 million, and that's proving to be the case.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/weekend-box-office-moviegoing-slows-a-standstill-dismal-august-slump-1032773

With all the capeshit, sequels and remakes Hollywood is imploding in on itself and there is nothing the sons of Abraham can do to stop it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>86898995
everything's more niche now, people watch their shows or internet shit, mainstream network dramas get like a million viewers if that
>>
Hollywood is full blown propoganda at this point, dunno why they would be surprised when people know what they are doing.
>>
>>86898995

for people who don't know, in the summer movie should be earning 50 million in a weekend bare minimum.

even the weekend after 9/11 they earned more than this, and that was one of the slowest ever.

this is a huge signal of a shift in the public consciousness that we haven't ever seen before
>>
>>86898995

Probably because they keep releasing shit movies. It's either capeshit or remakes these days, even when they try do an original story they always find a way to make it shit.

Honestly don't blame people for not going to the movies anymore, only film I have paid to see all year was Dunkirk.
>>
>>86898995
>Slump happens during time of no capeshit

This just guarantees more capeshit.
>>
>>86899033
A million people watched the hurricane Jeff guy live last night on Periscope, just a single stream of his multiple.
>>
>>86898995
It's due to piracy. We need more Internet surveillance to stop people doing bad things.
>>
>implying any domestic figures matter
Chinks will buy up this shit like meth
>>
>>86899081
You're making a point taken from /pol/, but I sort of agree. The majority of movies have always been a little more left-winged but now the majority of movies feel like they're trying to inform everyone about how racist and sexist everyone is. I don't give a shit if they replace a male character with a women or a white person with a black based on them being a better actor, but now it's obvious that there is an agenda to it because they put so much effort into pointing out that OMG this guy is black now.

If you want to empty the room at a fun party, start talking about religion or politics. That is all that movies are doing now and the theaters are empty. Go figure.
>>
>>86899081
>>86899686
I honestly don't even think it's any kind of agenda, I think they're just trying to pander to something that they think is "in" because those kind of people are the loudest, just shows how out of touch they are really.
>>
>>86898995
that movie on the left he new bruce lee movie? looks good, I'll probably go see it
>>
>>86899686

I agree as well to an extent. These issues that you've pointed out also inhibit the stories these people wish to tell. Nothing can be offensive, characters can not be offensive, nothing can be triggering, and everything has to be inclusive. When you put all that restraint on writing, you're only going to come up with the same characters and the same tone for the stories every time.
>>
>>86898995
Good, I am glad about it.
Movies these days suck and they deserve to flop.
>>
Hollyjew BTFO
>>
>>86898995
SLUMP
>>
>>86899081
Birth of the Dragon is a Bruce Lee biopic centered on an OC white dude because white people can't relate to chinks, which ironically it's the reason why Bruce Lee was kicked off from Kung Fu in favor of David Carradine. Isn't that right wing enough for you?
>>
>>86898995
Meanwhile in China a generic patriotic war movie is breaking all world records.
>>
>>86900115
>Asian replaces white guy in a role
>WOW THAT'S GREAT HE'S PROBABLY A SUPERIOR ACTOR ASIANS ARE THE BEST!!!!

>White guy replaces Asian in a role
>THAT'S RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>86900313
>Asian replaces white guy in a role
has this ever happened?
>>
>>86900313
Dude, your rant doesn't even make sense. The movie is called Birth of the Dragon, not White savior's adventures or some shit and the publicity focus on Bruce
>>
>>86900339
Maybe Lois & Clark show from the 90s but the guy was mixed and the 90s was liberal as fuck.
>>
>>86898995

No incentive to go to the movies. It's an outdated medium. If I'm gonna go out, the last thing I want to do is sit in another chair for two hours.
>>
>>86898995

Capeshit killed cinema.

nobody bothers to watch other type of movies anymore.
>>
I think there are several reasons for this:

>ticket prices keep rising and rising and rising
>snack prices have been crazy for a long time already
>projectors at home became very affordable
>people in cinemas have less and less manners. talking, loud laughing, mobile phone noises etc have become a norm in many cinemas.

Why should I spend loads of money to sit in a cinema where noisy people ruin the movie, while I could be at home - at my comfortable couch, eating a delicous pizza and just enjoy the movie?
>>
File: IMG_3626.jpg (227KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3626.jpg
227KB, 900x1200px
>>86898995
IT will have a $70+ million opening weekend
>>
>>86898995
Good. Fuck those money grubbing kikes
>>
>>86900115
>Birth of the Dragon
Who's even supposed to be the audience for this movie? The plot is almost entirely fictional, so it's not a biopic, it looks like it's more of a drama than a martial arts movie, and Bruce Lee isn't the main character. Did whoever greenlit the movie really expect people to want to see a movie vaguely about a contested story in an actor's life that's been fictionalized beyond recognition?

Just the idea that this movie exists is kind of baffling to me; it's the perfect example of Hollywood making an incredible stupid choice and then being confused about why it failed.
>>
>>86900115
hey r/AsianMasculinity there have been actual Bruce Lee biopics
>>
>>86900115
Liberals don't care about pandering to asians, that's just a cynical move to make more money because asians are still foreign to whites
>>
Why the hell is WWE studios attached to the Bruce Lee movie? I didn't see any shoehorned wrestler in that show
>>
File: 1489973784474.jpg (66KB, 750x999px) Image search: [Google]
1489973784474.jpg
66KB, 750x999px
>mfw my uncle gave me a $30 gift card for the cinema's last christmas
>I still haven't fucking used the thing

What the fuck is even on right now? Can't think of a single film I'd want to watch.
>>
>>86900696
Go watch Dunkirk right now, without question one of the best cinema experiences of recent times.
>>
File: Wrestling isn't for niggers.jpg (40KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
Wrestling isn't for niggers.jpg
40KB, 642x361px
>>86900687
Best part is that the trailers showing on Raw and Smackdown have been entirely about Bruce and the white lead has been entirely cut. Think about it, even WWE know it's a terrible idea to make a Bruce Lee movie centered on a vanilla white guy. I mean, fucking WWE. Wrestling has always been a redneck entertainment but even these guys know better than Hollywood
>>
People would rather watch a movie in the comfort of their own home via Netflix or some shit than spend 45 dollars for ticket, popcorn and a bunch of obnoxious niggers or little kids at the movie theatre
>>
>>86899130
There wasn't as many blockbusters as there now. All thes capshit movies are saturating the theaters. Of course people aren't gonna watch all of them.
>>
>>86899130

maybe if all the movies they made weren't fucking horrible shit like "over-dramatic super hero move #50" or "3D cookie-cutter movie #40" I might actually go to the fucking movies
>>
This is great.
Big budget studio products will finally fall down and all what we'll be left with is pure unadulterated kinos made by directors who wanted to make them out of passion to make them, not because a studio exec calculated the current market demand for it.
Now we just have to find a way for the chinese to stop giving shekels for braindead american blockbusters and we're set for a proper kino renaissance.
>>
The reason why profit is down is because the people are going through capeshit fatigue. It was bound to happen when you release a capeshit movie every two or three months. Hollywood needs to figure out some other unoriginal property they can exploit for cash.
>>
File: elcantante.jpg (19KB, 250x358px) Image search: [Google]
elcantante.jpg
19KB, 250x358px
>>86898995
mfw people still blame piracy. How much money did Wonder Woman earn worldwide?
>>
>>86900696
Go see good time or logan lucky
>>
>>86899664
If domestic figures dont matter, why doesn't Hollywood simply hire Chinese actors and make only Chinese movies?
>>
>>86901123
Isn't China buying Hollywood stocks?
>>
>>86901123
Because Chinese don't want to watch Chinese actors and chinese movies as much, they enjoy the braindead american entertainment.
>>
>>86901123

asia prefers white actors speaking english. it's probably similar to early europes rome fetish.
>>
A new Avengers hits next year and is going to make a lot of money. You people keep crying about capeshit, but when was the last one, Spider-Man? And despite being an under-performer for the franchise it's still making more money than most movies do.

Earlier anon had it right, this isn't a matter of Hollywood finally falling for your sakes, it's just re-enforcing to them that comic adaptations are the only thing that makes money.
>>
File: 1483569538821.png (280KB, 877x391px) Image search: [Google]
1483569538821.png
280KB, 877x391px
>>86899764
probably this, for all the politics they still want to make money, and if they don't someone else will
>>
>>86901287
Wait, are all those chinks not getting dubbed versions?
>>
>>86898995
Last year there was cape films in august so the box office was good. This year there is no cape so the box office is bad. Expect more cape in the coming years.
>>
File: 1470545061917.png (306KB, 530x368px) Image search: [Google]
1470545061917.png
306KB, 530x368px
>Remakes of movies that didn't need it
>Reboots of old IPs nobody cared about before and/or don't now
>Marvel movies which are gradually getting infested with garbage from their SJW comic side through Spider-man and Black Panther
>DC movies that are collectively a rushed clusterfuck
>Star Wars movies that are repetitive and have thw most obnoxious marketing Jews have ever concocted
>Chinese Transformers movies nobody wants nobody even cares to hate anymore
>Overemphasis on race and liberal racial pandering.
>Sequels that are made to milk an IP
>Over-dramatic "award bait" movies
>Normie garbage meme movies like the Emoji movie and Boss baby
>Sony movies in general
>Romantic Comedy #3445642 they play at the edge of the theater
>Movie shilling its director who should just be in a nursing home now #6640893
>Actors with inflated egos who insult their audiences and are generally obnoxious these days
>Directors and Producers that point the finger at the audience when things go wrong
>Production companies that so underhanded that they are trying to gain power over Rotten Tomatoes
>>
>>86899764
This is probably the case. It's still killing them. Deservedly so.
>>
It's not rocket science.

There's worth fucking watching in cinemas right now. Justice League, Thor and Star Wars aren't until later this year.
>>
Probably due to there being too many films, plenty of which are shit. On top of that cinema tickets are expensive and food & drink is a fucking rip off.

Most people haven't had a pay rise since the economic crash, but that hasn't stopped prices continuing to rise. So people have less money to spend on things that dont really matter in the grand scheme of things, which includes movies.
>>
>>86899664
they only let in 10 movies a year
>>
>>86899664
you get less revenue for foreign releases, frankly we should nuke the gooks before they become a bigger problem
>>
>>86901733
Doubt it's because they have no money for it.

People have trouble buying a movie ticket or even a single song from the Internet that will last you forever, but will buy 5$ Starbucks sugarshit drinks every single day without hesitation.
>>
>>86899460
That was kino, though
>>
>>86900623
This new Pennywise has to be the scariest movie monster we've seen in years. Literally years. There's two scenes in this movie that absolutely sent shivers down my spine. First when Pennywise possesses the slideshow and we finally get to see his very creepy and mental face in the final scene. What a build-up! I nearly pissed myself.

The other one is in the basement, first we see the excellent performance by Georgie's actor. You'll float too never has sounded more epically scary. And then Pennywise rises from the waters. I jumped in my chair and still do when watching this. I can tell I will be on the edge of my seat in theatres this september.
>>
File: tumblr_nrz4a4WVze1qc4jo8o1_1280.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrz4a4WVze1qc4jo8o1_1280.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
Maybe people are just getting tired of some random hoe putting their feet up on the back of their seat, laughing with their friends andb texting instead of watching the damn movie
>>
>>86901865
Starbucks is fucking delicious though.
>>
>>86898995
>With all the capeshit
Capeshit is the only thing keeping studio heads above water.
>>
>>86899081
>Hollywood is full blown propoganda at this point

Exactly.

FUCK Hollywood degenerates and the Jew scum they whore themselves out too...
>>
>>86901913
t. degenerate
Your Starbucks satisfies you for a few minutes, a good film/song can satisfy you forever.
>>
>shit movies don't sell
well that's a good thing. Now if only people would stop defending Disney's crap instead of blindly following (((brand names))) over content. capshit is mind poison. Starwars is a religion(seriously look at official events, they put someone in dark vador suit on stage and people start praying)
>>
>>86900623
I think it'll do amazing in the US, then leave Americans perplexed at how badly it does abroad because nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>86900696
Dunkirk.

or wait for Thor: Ragnarok.
>>
>oh no instead of earning 500 billion a year we're earning 480 billion we're DOOOOOOOMED!!!
>>
>>86898995

Keep boycotting (((them)))

Stream EVERY movie online free. Bootleg every fucking thing they make.
>>
>>86901991
giving a shit about obsessed foreigners is what ruined the industry in the first place
>>
>>86902052
>MARVEL became so afraid they need to use Snyder's visuals now

you cant make this shit up
>>
These days even the capeshit is underperforming.
I wonder if the Nu Wars movie in Christmas will follow the trend.
>>
Maybe people are waiting for the next capeshit
>>
I blame Trump tbqh
>>
I haven't been to the theater in at least 5 years, whenever Star Trek Into Darkness came out. There is NOTHING that will make me go into a theater anymore.
>>
File: 1475423292658.jpg (46KB, 422x353px) Image search: [Google]
1475423292658.jpg
46KB, 422x353px
The real answer is Nepotism. Movies are shit now, written and produced by no-talent hacks who didn't earn their positions.
>>
>>86902052
>>86902160
Marvel fans will defend this
>Snyder doesn't do it as good!
>>
>>86902199
no, people really just want origin stories. everything else is the same. some gay villain, some gay sidekick, etc.
>>
>>86898995
I hate capeshit as much as anyone but there's no capeshit or sequels or remakes out right now
>>
>>86902280
all months are down
>>
>>86902202
I'm with you pretty much but I actually went to see baby driver in theaters. Not perfect but you'd have to be the most bitter faggot it to not enjoy it. Fun core
>>
>>86902160
>>86902260
>they think snyder invented this aesthetic
>>
File: 1497666657887.jpg (109KB, 678x442px) Image search: [Google]
1497666657887.jpg
109KB, 678x442px
>>86901880
>>
>>86898995
they need more diversity movies
>>
>>86901880
WO A A A A
>>
>>86902412
I'll probably watch it eventually, I watch movies still, I just don't go to the theater at all. I don't see the point anymore, they have nothing I need right away and I don''t want to be there.
>>
In the last few years I think I went less than 10 times to the movies. Yesterday I ended up going and thought "Baby Driver" could be at least cool, good aesthetics and music etc. The worst piece of shit I've seen in a long time. I could have burnt that money and had a better time.
>>
>>86898995

The release of the Lord of the Rings trilogy in the early 2000's, along with the first 3 Harry Potter films before they went to shit, and even the Star Wars prequels, that was a lot of hype. We never get that anymore, you are right about that.

I guess there was hype for that Star Wars reboot and Jurassic Park reboot though, but it wasn't as much as before and I expect a lot was media manipulation as well, especially with that shitty Star Wars reboot.
>>
>>86900696
dont bother everything is shit
>>
>>86900696
Dunkirk and Logan Lucky are pretty good
>>
>>86902509
Fair enough. There's so much shit to do that waiting 3-4 months for a BD release is the easiest thing ever. Dunkirk is the only must-watch film from this year so far that I'd actually recommend to watch in a cinema. Everything else you're better off watching at home.

I've been watching some Kubrick films on my laptop lately that are 480p or below in quality and they are much better than anything released in the last decade. Hell, I started working at the theatre this year and get to watch most of this year's films for free and they still don't compare at all.
>>
>>86900696
>What the fuck is even on right now?

Depends entirely what kind of films you like. Dunkirk is decent war film. Valerian is neat looking scifi film if you like visually brilliant stuff and don't care pretty brainless plot that shits on source material, also worst casting ever.
>>
>>86898995

Well maybe if they stopped making such shitty movies this wouldn't be happening.
>>
>>86902653

People WANTED to be hyped about Star Wars, they wanted that return to the good old days when movies were a cultural landmark that EVERYONE could enjoy. Back in the day, even small movies like big trouble in little chine or escape from la could get a cult following.

Remember the 80s over the top action hero era? Rambo, Predator, Commando, oily men and blondes, shit was silly but FUN.

Or the teen era comedies, or the cult classic The Breakfast Club? It had the best nerd girl EVER.

And you could really see the desperation for that participation in everyone screeching over Star Wars.
>>
i got my moviepass on thursday and I have seen logan lucky, good time, and baby driver since then so I am trying to do my part while watching kino desu
>>
File: 346457458.jpg (111KB, 745x392px) Image search: [Google]
346457458.jpg
111KB, 745x392px
>>86898995
>With all the capeshit, sequels and remakes Hollywood is imploding in on itself and there is nothing the sons of Abraham can do to stop it

this year is just going to make them make more of that because of foreign plebs
>>
>>86900696
Good Time
Wind River
Logan Lucky

As long as you aren't a brainlet you should enjoy those
>>
>>86902979
why are non Americans so inferior?
>>
File: 1503760523516.jpg (17KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1503760523516.jpg
17KB, 225x225px
>mfw I've pirated every movie, tv-show or anime I've ever watched since at least 2003/2004
>>
>>86903023

same
>>
File: IMG_2368.jpg (531KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2368.jpg
531KB, 2048x1536px
>>86903023
iktf
>>
>>86902915
Goddamn I want to go back to when we weren't so fucking overssaturated and locked into big budget crap. Cinema was magical back then, now it's just a CGI souless shitfest almost all of the time. Practical effects are underrated as fuck.

I know some little shitcunts gonna link me that gay Youtube rant about how CGI is actually so good but it's not. It's trash. Even minor shit in the background or changing the sky, it's noticeable and looks fake compared to watching classic cinema.

Back then talented guys could just write good stories and get low to medium budgets for their scripts, and then compete with making films and get really good at it and end up making classics. Now we just endlessly reuse the same old actors and directors, recycling these burnt out old farts doing expensive reboots that are fucking shit. And now the old farts are retiring and the new no name guys are being shoved in the directors chair of billion dollar productions for their first big feature, and if they fuck up, that's it, their careers over, no one will hire the guy who failed to make a profit on a 100 million dollar film. So they play it super safe. All these new directors have no discernible style and as essentially just workman for a production company. They can't afford to take the risk to make their own unique style with no reputation and all that money riding on their skills.

We need young talent with small to medium budgets and creative freedom in Hollywood right now.
>>
>>86902768
I was thinking about seeing Dunkirk, it was the one movie in the last long while that I felt compelled to go the theater and watch. I wanted to see it there mostly just for the sound but I still didn't because, man, I hate going there soo much.
>>
>>86903144
>Even minor shit in the background or changing the sky, it's noticeable and looks fake compared to watching classic cinema.

I bet you didn't notice the CG of Zodiac, The Social Network and Gone Girl until you read it on the internet
>>
>>86898995

The movie bubble was to burst eventually. You can' t keep adding more and more superheros into one fucking movie, because a movie about ONE superhero isn' t good enough anymore.
>>
File: 1494874200812.jpg (361KB, 884x864px) Image search: [Google]
1494874200812.jpg
361KB, 884x864px
>>86903023
>mfw the last non-festival movie I've seen in a theater was Inception
>>
File: 1394917744286.jpg (46KB, 331x473px) Image search: [Google]
1394917744286.jpg
46KB, 331x473px
>mfw I literally saw two movies at the theatre yesterday
>>
>>86901913
It's bad coffee, but at least you know exactly what you're going to get. Starbucks is the same every time. If you buy a movie ticket you're gambling it won't be shit. Reviews and trailers can't be trusted.
>>
I already saw Dunkirk twice, what the hell else is even worth watching? Another shitty Alien movie? Another fucking superhero movie?
>>
I can't wait for the ballerina movie. Gonna be 2qt.
>>
>>86903168
You should go see it in Imax while it's still there anon. It's the kind of experience movie theaters are made for. You'll definitely be missing out if you watch it on your TV.
>>
>>86903806
that's why I hope moviepass starts to shake things up
if a subscription based system gets implemented, people will not be pressured to either watch X or Y movie, they'll want to see variety because they can choose freely; this in turn would lead to a resurgence of a variety of low-budget movies based on quality instead of a series of streamlined high-budget turds based on hype
we're having this hollyjew crisis precisely because people can't choose to see whatever as easily as they could in the past decades
>>
>>86899686
Maybe. Maybe the executives jews behind the movies just want to streamline movies more and more to reach wider and wider appeal to new consumer groups which turns movies into complete shit
>>
I saw three movies this week and greatly enjoyed all three. They just weren't the tentpole movies that the kikes want me to see.
>>
Tbqh the only reason I visit /tv/ anymore is to rejoice with the flops.
I can't comprehend how Hollywood managed to become so terrible at their job in the past decade.
>>
>>86899664
Domestic figures are literally the only ones that matter. If you aren't chinese, you can't depend on the chinks
>>
>>86902052
>snyder imagery
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>86900696
Dunkirk is kino
>>
>>86899664
You're an idiot. Hollywood gets 25% max from box office gross and they only release a handful of movies in China a year. China doesn't save anything.
>>
>>86899664
With the cut they allow the stuido to take back home and how expensive it is to promote a movie for a billion chinks, most movies don't make shit in China
>>
>>86901240
Lol, you're retarded. The two highest grossing movies in China are Chinese films starring Chinese actors.
>>
>>86904721
WHILE THEY GROSS ZERO YUANS IN FOREIGN MARKETS BECAUSE CHINK CULTURE IS UTTER GARBAGE WITH ZERO EXPORT VALUE AND THE AMERICAN LEAD ENGLISH SPEAKING WEST RUNS THE WORLD

SINK THE CHINKS
>>
>>86899081
>Hollywood is full blown propoganda at this point, dunno why they would be surprised when people know what they are doing.

Straight up truth. They don't even hide it anymore. They won't get a single penny from me from here on out.
>>
>>86904959
>WHILE THEY GROSS ZERO YUANS IN FOREIGN MARKETS
How much money it makes in foreign markets is irrelevant if they only try releasing them in only a tiny pocket of foreign markets while also managing to make over $500,000,000 in China alone.
>>
(((moviepass))) will save the industry. fucking everyone will have it
>>
>>86900313
well anon there are a whole lot more white male roles than asian male roles
>>
>>86900635
I was actually planning on seeing it I thought it was gonna be a kung fu movie and most of those never get released in the US
>>
>>86905033
But you still watch their movies? If it's propaganda then money isn't the issue--it's the message. You're still giving them what they want if you watch their filth.
>>
>>86901401
no because dubs suck ass and you cant sync up the mouth right
>>
>>86905193
That's irrelevant if he's pirating it.
>>
People stopped going to the movies, plain and simple.
You put out a shit product, people won't go.
They burned audiences one too many times and now they don't care anymore.

>>86905112
This is the industry's only saving grace at this point.
>>
The biggest threat to Hollywood is apathy. For every ideologue chiding the casting decisions and themes of movies, there's 10 who just plain don't care because they won't see it anyway. There's less and less "must-see movies" that leave long-lasting cultural footprints that aren't just more capeshit, and the days of that being a party of everyday American life are going away.
>>
>>86900339
Pacific Rim, but then again Del Toro did it to legitimate the fact that it was a Voltron-Mazinger-Evangelion send up
>>
Can't say I feel bad for these movies. The fighting one seems kinda decent but it'll do good on VOD/Netflix anyways.
>>
>>86905291
I went to the movies maybe 8 or 9 times last year. I am a poor college fag so I only went on Tuesday when tickets were 5.50. With movie pass being $10 a month I plan on going way more often now that I dont have to plan my schedule around the cheap day of the week. Gonna see a lot more Kino
>>
>>86905361
movies used to run for months and months in the 30's and 40's but streaming on demand has kind of killed the urge for most people to see a movie ASAP. I know lots of friends who just wait 6 weeks for it to pop up on netflix
>>
>>86900623

This has been a smart use of the social media. They are doing it right to give it a heavty Twitter/Facebook prescence.
Audiences love to be told what they must like, but also they like to think they made that choice for themselves
>>
>>86905449
Seriously, Guardians 2 went up on VOD the other day and I was confused as hell because it felt like it just came out in theaters the other week. They're rushing these things out to home media so millennials will watch them before they become yesterday's news.
>>
>>86898995
>by Pamela (((McClintock)))

Every time.
>>
>>86902979
Nice to see Wolf Warrior 2 making a couple of dollars in the US.
>>
>>86900623
It'll flop because it's Rated R.
If they gave it a PG-13 rating, it would do amazing numbers, but because it's R, you're going to have teens buying a ticket for another movie and sneaking in.
Screwed themselves from a huge profit.
>>
>>86905524
>READING THE CELTIC JEW
>>
>>86899130
>this is a huge signal of a shift in the public consciousness that we haven't ever seen before

More like people just have too much shit to watch now and it's too easily accessible.

Why go out and waste money on movie tickets when you have hundreds of hours of shit on Netflix and Amazon you haven't watched yet, and then by the time you get through some of that, the movies that are out now will just be available for you to watch on demand in a few months anyway?

The movie theater is an antiquated concept and internet connectivity will eventually kill it.
>>
>>86901880

The critics don't know what they're talking about people are pissing themselves in theaters, they are handing out diapers with the tickets to baywatch. It is mandatory you wear the diaper.
>>
>>86900600
This is a good point. Theaters at home are comfy af. Why would I go out to be surrounded by rude mouth breathing retards? And over pay for all of it.
>>
File: 1466493457915.jpg (66KB, 1039x914px) Image search: [Google]
1466493457915.jpg
66KB, 1039x914px
>>86898995

The (((movie industry))) will be going even if it becomes completely commercially unfeasible, all this shit about the hand of the market that decides something is bullshit made up for the flock, everything is decided by those who print money, they control the market. The consumer only gets to decide whether they'll buy a white iShit or a pink one.

You need to understand: money is only valuable to those who work for it; when you create them, you just snap your finger and they appear on your computer screen. These might be the precious goal for you, but mere numbers on the screen for (((them))), used only to herd you in the right direction.
>>
>>86905567
Does an R really kill cash. i thought people were pissed horror was too neutered at 13
>>
>>86898995
>Hollywood is imploding in on itself

No, Hollywood is just fine actually, thanks to China and their horrible taste. It's just US theaters that are suffering.

Hollywood no longer need us, the domestic audience, to make their money. We'll stop supporting their trash, but they'll keep making it, and Asians will keep eating it up.
>>
File: 25th.png (147KB, 333x621px) Image search: [Google]
25th.png
147KB, 333x621px
The best offering is a movie nearly 30 years old
>>
>>86899764
This.
There is no "agenda" SJWs are just the loudest faggots and Hollywood is so out of touch it thinks that the silent majority agrees with them.
>>
File: tnj2nbn.jpg (63KB, 482x723px) Image search: [Google]
tnj2nbn.jpg
63KB, 482x723px
>>86905772
THE NUT JOB 2: NUTTY BY NATURE IS LITERALLY THE CURRENT STATE OF CINEMA IN 2017
>>
>crowding all those blockbusters in may-july when august has been dead as fuck
>>
>>86905709
China doesn't actually give them the money m8. China will string Hollywood along until they can just make it in China. They keep money in the country, they actually give a shit about maintaining their wealth unlike the globalists that have conquered America.

Look it up, it's all there. China cares about China.
>>
File: happyasuka.jpg (26KB, 593x449px) Image search: [Google]
happyasuka.jpg
26KB, 593x449px
Tick tock Hollywood, your time has almost elapsed. Your stagnant ideas and rampant propaganda has crushed you and the death of western entertainment is upon you. Eastern cinema rises and will take your money and your viewers and grind you into dust and the conniving sheep will flock like rats on a sinking ship as they drown, sunk by the rising glory of eastern cinema. Too late, you'll change your ways, when the little spreadsheets that show the dollars that govern your lives read zero will you desperately try to gain back what they have lost through their own ineptitude. But it will be too late. No one will answer their call. But no one will be left watching to see.
The sun is rising in the east.
>>
>>86905902
August is when kids go back to school and you cant go as easily
>>
>>86898995
kikes BTFO
>>
>>86905954
that's the studios logic but suicide squad and gotg did huge numbers when the opened in august.
>>
File: china garbage.jpg (139KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
china garbage.jpg
139KB, 900x600px
>>86905934
EASTERN CINEMA IE CHINK FLICKS ARE ABSOLUTE FUCKING PLEBSHIT WORSE THAN ANYTHING HOLLYWOOD MAKES AND NOBODY WATCHES THEM OTHER THAN CHINKS
>>
>>86905701
>Does an R really kill cash.

Yes, relatively speaking anyway. You may have a successful film, but you're never going to have a $800 million+ blockbuster that breaks all sorts of records with an R rating, it simply will not happen.

There are a handful of exceptions. Deadpool is the highest grossing R rated film in history, and it only made $783 million worldwide.

Compare that to movies that have made well over $1 billion that are all rated PG.
>>
>>86905519
It was released in April.
>>
>>86906056

Yes and who goes to movies in the west anymore?
>>
>>86905954

>going back to school in August

What kind of 21st century retardation is this?
>>
>>86906056
GET SOME GOOD TASTE YOU PIECE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nf8y94SZZI
>>
>>86899764
Watch the fucking oscars and the agenda is pretty obvious
>>
>>86905614
I honestly kind of prefer the cinema. Plus i don't have a huge TV, and my friends have shitty TVs.

Though i'm not one of those people who has to see a movie in the first week, i prefer waiting until its quieter.
>>
>>86906186
go to start early so they have make up days in case of snow
>>
>Dark Tower was supposed to be the breakout August blockbuster

lmao
>>
>>86906214
What's the agenda? A pro-white agenda?

That's what all the SJWs were crying it was last year when white people won literally everything.
>>
>>86906295left on at my cinema

detroit and kidnap are already dead and they came out at the same time
>>
>>86906295
>make the main character from a long running novel series who's firmly established as white and his being white is key in portions of the plot
>make him black
>make the movie a half-assed sequel to the aforementioned novel series that bears no resemblance to it in tone or story telling

Gee can't imagine why that shit failed.
>>
>>86906056
>AND NOBODY WATCHES THEM OTHER THAN CHINKS
And? How is this a problem?
>>
>>86906433
woah, don't know how that quote got fucked up

meant to say there are only two showings at my cinema
>>
i used to never go more than a couple weeks without seeing a movie. fucking anything, i just love the theater. i havent seen anything since nice guys and im glad ive saved the money. it just isnt worth the ticket price anymore.
>>
There's nothing to see, I honestly have no idea what's even in theaters right now
>>
Big flicks are coming though, Justice League, a new Star Wars movie, some Marvel thing too, that IT movie that's going to be big too and all the oscar bait. They'll be fine
>>
The movie industry deserves to burn.

This is really going to anger some people but liberal politics and liberal propaganda is what killed the movie industry.

When you run a business you want to sell to everyone, not just half the country. The truth of the matter is that even people who consider themselves "liberal" don't always embrace the entire spectrum of liberal beliefs. Some of them harbor conservative feelings about certain subjects. Many times conservative feelings about subjects like homosexuality, the sexualization of children, etc, are an extension of ingrained, genetically based feelings put there by nature as a failsafe to protect the human species.

Hollywood fails to realize this and their rewards has been losing billions of dollars for the past several years.

Left wing propaganda simply doesn't work. It alienates more people than it attracts.
>>
>>86906639
Those movies still won't be enough to help stop the decline. Star Wars TFA made over 2 billion in 2015 and yet the year was still a disaster for the industry.

2016 was the worst year in over a decade for the film industry, now 2017 is on track to be even worse, even with projected grosses for films like the ones you mentioned.
>>
>>86906639
There's no way Episode 8 makes even half of what Episode 7 did. People are tired of nu-Star Wars already.
>>
>>86899686
>I don't give a shit if they replace a male character with a women or a white person with a black

That's because you are a cuck
>>
>>86900313
>Baby punches man
>cute

>man punches baby
>arrested

It's called punching down. People in positions of power shitting on those with less power. Punching down is usually looked at as oppression and bullying. Punching up is usually considered fine.
>>
>>86900862
>Wrestling has always been a redneck entertainment

Guess someone should tell Mexico and Japan that
>>
>>86900115
Take it easy, faggot.
>>
File: ttutu.gif (381KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
ttutu.gif
381KB, 300x168px
>>86900623
>watching yet another remake
>watching a movie based off a pedophile's book
>>
>>86906645
Imagine being someone who projects this hard.
>>
>>86905709
China has a lot of restriction, though. No gays, no ghosts, balck people are discriminate against, for real.
>>
>>86906557
>i used to never go more than a couple weeks without seeing a movie

What a sad life you must have
>>
>>86906933
Neck yourself faggot
>>
File: condi.jpg (44KB, 338x480px) Image search: [Google]
condi.jpg
44KB, 338x480px
condoleezza rice in clown makeup
>>
>>86900339
The Inhumans gave Karnak an Asian actor even though he's white.
>>
>>86906933
>Women and minorities are babies.

Thanks for clearing it up for us.
>>
>>86901880
>0.02 cents has been deposited in your account.
>>
>>86907190
>having the money and time to do what you want
Yeah really sad
>>
>>86906639

It will be a flop just like Dark Tower. Star Wars has no interest and will flop too. Justice League will do ok numbers though.
>>
The last movie I saw in theaters was John Wick 2. It was well worth it, but outside of 2 action choreographers who decided to make "the kind of action movie we would like to watch", what the fuck else is there? i mean, maaaaybe Suburbicon looks like it might be interesting, but the trailer is garbage, and it's directed and co-written by George Clooney, which gives me pause, since he's practically king lib in hollywood these days.

Army of One seems like Nic Cage kino,

but there's really nothing that really actually stands out as something fantastic.
>>
File: ar.jpg (356KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ar.jpg
356KB, 1280x720px
>>86907623
>Star Wars has no interest and will flop too
>>
>>86906776
It'll make a billion without breaking a sweat. I don't see it making two though.
>>
File: 1416861870901.jpg (136KB, 350x525px) Image search: [Google]
1416861870901.jpg
136KB, 350x525px
>>86903023
>tfw movies are so shit nowadays that I don't even download them anymore
>>
>>86898995
maybe they should try making good movies instead of focusing on putting niggers and dykes and virtue signalling.
>>
>>86907132
not that guy but you're in an echo chamber here if you think sexualizing children is something people can agree with. You're a kid yourself.
>>
Any overt SJW pandering and I totally lose interest in a movie.
>>
>>86907797
>hating on lesbians

what are you gay?
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.