[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Note (2017)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 50

Wow. This was really, really, really bad.

I was a little annoyed at the fact that L's character is black, but I know that the actor playing him is decent so I thought that he'd pull through. But nope, whoever wrote the character of L in this movie deserves to have their name written in the Death Note. His character is absolutely nothing like the character from the anime. In fact not a single one of the characters, even Light's dad, is anything like they were in the anime.

The only sliver of hope in this film is Dafoe's voice performance for Ryuk, but even that couldn't save this film.

This is complete and utter trash. 0/10.
>>
I actually thought L was one of the best parts of the film, until he goes unhinged, that is. Dafoe of course is 10/10
Light was weak through most of the movie, but the ending redeemed him in my eyes.
Chick sucked hard. The dad was ok.
Overall 6/10
>>
>i gon get u whit boi
>>
>>86894100
I haven't seen it. I loved it though.
10/10
>>
>>86894269
This
>>
>>86894269
Agreed on L, he tried bless him but then went off the rails batshit retarded.

6/10 though is just insane, this is 3 or 4, at best.
>>
>>86894100
Why is antifa addressing the public?
>>
>>86894861
Because that's how US works now. You have a problem with that? That makes you a nazi. You're now an enemy of the state.
All your belongings will be taken from you, your family will be sent to a Gulag and starved/raped to death.
>>
File: sdcc-the-exorcist-jeremy-slater.jpg (749KB, 1989x3000px) Image search: [Google]
sdcc-the-exorcist-jeremy-slater.jpg
749KB, 1989x3000px
>>86894269
>>86894833
Dude let's cast a good black actor for a Japanese character's role just for the sake of it and then completely fuck that character up by making him turn into a murdering and vengeful psychopath LMAO
>>
>>86894920
>then completely fuck that character up by making him turn into a murdering and vengeful psychopath LMAO

It was poetry
>>
>>86894100
>see at least 1 screenshot from this shit and expect it "might be good"

Heh, of course it is trash. You can tell it is trash simply from the image you posted and you don't even need to know anything about it or what it is based on.
>>
>>86894269
>Chick sucked hard.
any moneyshots?
>>
>>86894920
>murdering and vengeful psychopath

It's the american way. It be weird if he didn't.
>>
>>86894100
AYO AYO HOL UP ONE SECONDO FA M
*checks wellfare
*doges job applications
WE WUZ ANIMAI AN SHIET
>>
>>86894920
>let's make this black dude do black things
>"but sir, the character is Japa-"
>I don't give a shit!
>>
>>86894971
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1YxOe1L6I8
>>
>>86894920
>Dude let's cast a good black actor for a Japanese character's role just for the sake of it

i'm not sure you understand how adaptations work, buddy.
>>
Why didn't Light just rip the page out and burn it when he got the Death Note back?
How is the Death Note able to control the wind speed to move a page to specific point if can only control people?
Why did L show his face to Light? He had no reason to trust him enough to do that
How in the fuck did writing Watari's name even work? Is Watari his only name? Was it his birth name? Does the Death Note work with birth names of legal names? Would the Death Note work on Prince if someone just wrote Prince in it or would they need his full birth name? And what about when Prince's name was that symbol, would you have to draw that in the Death Note or would "the artist formerly known as Prince" work just as well?
>>
>>86894920
>>86894981

L was british you retards
>>
File: pleb.png (634KB, 622x676px) Image search: [Google]
pleb.png
634KB, 622x676px
>>86894971
>making fun of Keith Stanfield

Go back to your containment board already.

>>86895049
You're right, how could we rely on Hollywood to find ONE Japanese actor to play a Japanese role.
>>
File: 93273473.jpg (29KB, 409x612px) Image search: [Google]
93273473.jpg
29KB, 409x612px
I really enjoyed it. I don't watch anime or have autism, so I'm not forced to pick it apart. Normies win again!
>>
Why'd the make light a average beta?
Why'd they make beta light back story so pathetic?

Part of the appeal of light as a character was that he was a model citizen with everything going for him and he death note makes him a paranoid, unhappy, megalomaniac. The shift from straight a honor student to serial killer.

Imo L can be unlikable, there is no charm to his character and he only serves as an obstacle for Light to overcome as we root for him.
>>
>>86895068
Wingard went full retard.

>How in the fuck did writing Watari's name even work?
see pic related

I genuinely believe Wingard had a seizure somewhere into writing the first third of the movie and is literally retarded now.
>>
>>86895068
>Why didn't Light just rip the page out and burn it when he got the Death Note back?
So that the director can show us how clever Light and his plan was.

>How is the Death Note able to control the wind speed to move a page to specific point if can only control people?
Plot magic.

>Why did L show his face to Light? He had no reason to trust him enough to do that
Because he thought that Light would never find out what his name his since not even Watari knew L's real name until he found it.

>How in the fuck did writing Watari's name even work? Is Watari his only name? Was it his birth name? Does the Death Note work with birth names of legal names? Would the Death Note work on Prince if someone just wrote Prince in it or would they need his full birth name? And what about when Prince's name was that symbol, would you have to draw that in the Death Note or would "the >artist formerly known as Prince" work just as well?
Plot magic. Realistically, Watari wouldn't be stupid enough to give out his real name, and also no one has just one name.
>>
File: 1503707508524.jpg (36KB, 905x364px) Image search: [Google]
1503707508524.jpg
36KB, 905x364px
>>86895167
ah shit forgot the pic

>>86895068

Wingard went full retard.

>How in the fuck did writing Watari's name even work?
see pic related

I genuinely believe Wingard had a seizure somewhere into writing the first third of the movie and is literally retarded now.
>>
>>86895125
>Why'd the make light a average beta?
Because the entire story was shifted to a high school teen movie plot.

Light being an average beta wasn't the problem, including L and Kira was.
>>
>>86894269
This. /pol/fags are embarrassing themselves again
>>
File: r.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
r.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
So did L kill Light or not.
>>
>>86894920
>L
>Japanese
>>
>plebs and youtubers are comparing this to Dragonball Evolution
How delusional can this faggots be? That's not the case at all.
This movie was an above than average attempt at condesing and adapting a juvenile comic to please western sensibilities.
The makers were at least self-conscious about it, unlike that DB turd.
>>
>>86895254
Probably.

If there's a sequel then he could have killed Light's dad.
>>
>>86895287
>If there's a sequel then he could have killed Light's dad.

Fuck that actually makes sense given what Ryuk says.
>>
>>86894920
>Dude lmao let's cast whiteboi as japanese character again and ruin it by turning him into complete beta cuck bitch
>>
>>86895125
>Why'd the make light a average beta?

So that western audience would relate to him.
>>
>>86895071
>>86895265
Please point out where it's shown that L is British.
>>
>>86895331
L is british and Light is Japanese Chad. They got characters so goddamn wrong
>>
>>86895331
one of the manga authors said he's like 1/4 brit
>>
>>86895316
The overall "thematic arc", for what it is, is really all about teenage angst and how this kid is dealing with it. With humorous results.
>>
>>86894100
>it wasn't like the source material
just rewatch/read it then
>>
>>86895331
Wammy's school being in England is a good jumping off point
>>
File: 0641 - nWdz40P.jpg (22KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
0641 - nWdz40P.jpg
22KB, 306x306px
>>86895380
>>86895381
>one of the manga authors said he's like 1/4 brit
>one of the manga authors said
>one of the manga authors
>one of
>1/4 brit
>>
>>86895331
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L_(Death_Note)
>"he's English"
>>
>>86895125
I said this in the Ghost in the Shell threads. Hollywood is unconformable with making films that don't throw their tropes and cliches in them.The average American people wouldn't side with raging psychopath who decided to kill people on the whim. So of course he had to be bullied.
>>
>>86895425
xD nice frogpost!
>>
>>86894100
Why do americans take well established characters and stories and turn them in something completely different but keep the most stupid things the same. Like Light's hair, that guy obviously has black hair but is dyed in blonde, how silly. Light's hair isn't important you shmuck
>>
>>86895473
>So of course he had to be bullied.

Except he wasn't. He got hit for butting his nose in some shit in order to impress the popular chick.
>>
>>86895235
>>86895167
If I had my way, I'd make light an aryan high school white boy senior with a god complex ready to go to some ivy to major in business (American psycho but in high school) so that the sex scenes mirror that movie

Making light beta made him so pathetic and gave the writers an excuse to do whatever
>hey, cumslut lemme show you my notebook
He should have been the dom and her the loving sub he used for his ends
>>
>>86895425
that anon forgot to mention it was the lead writer
>>
>>86895425
>Ohba (main author alongside Obata) responded saying "I think of him as a quarter Japanese, a quarter English, a quarter Russian, a quarter French or Italian, like that"

>weeb just found out not everyone in anime is japanese
>>
>>86895076
unless the show takes place in japan it doesn't make any sense to cast an asian actor.

contain your autism.
>>
>>86895656
B-BUT MUH SOURCE MATERIAL...!
>>
As someone who loved the anime I thought this was a shit adaptation, but I feel like if I went in blind this is a watchable shitty gore movie kinda like Final Destination. The characters were laughably different. I was pretty disappointed with L, one of my favorite characters of all time. Calm cool and calculated to a standard loose cannon detective. The shit with Watari was so stupid. By that logic Light could have just written "L" in the death note because apparently nick names work
>>
>>86895473
This
I found myself siding with ryuk when he would talk shit to light
>>
>>86895730
>Calm cool and calculated to a standard loose cannon detective.

Watari and L should have been replaced with "New detective character and his partner", in order to keep the story smaller scaled.
>>
>>86894100
wtf isnt the first time l talks in public actually a decoy
>>
>>86895730
Light found the loophole in the director's asian casting of Watari
>>
>>86895795
Not in this movie lmao
>>
>>86894100
that first T in seattle is off centre and its driving me nuts
>>
File: full-English-vegetarian.jpg (344KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
full-English-vegetarian.jpg
344KB, 650x433px
GUYS THIS IS SERIOUS PLEASE ANSWER ME:
So Misa wrote Light's name in the death note and told him about it, telling him to give her the ownership and she'll burn the page.
Light went to check the death note, and there it was, the page with his name on it.
Now, two scenarios:
>think about an impossible keikaku involving rule violation (misa only dies if she grabs the notebook, when it's stated that if your name is written you die regardless), a fight with the police (including telling L about the notebook), a fall from a wheel, almost drowning, coma, and getting the death note delivered where everyone can see and intercept it, and later reveal to your father (head of police) that you are guilty
>rip the page, burn it, write misa's name, go back to the prom, dance with her, and as she gets a heart attack and looks at you realizing what you've done you smirk and whisper to her "just as keikaku", keeping the death note a secret known only by you
Answer me, which route was chosen?
>>
>>86895205
This guy is really a hack, jesus christ, he literally doesn't give a shit about the movie or anything and tried to make a comedy out of it, thing is even then it doesn't work

What an asshole, fuck this guy, he's gonna fuck Kong vs Godzilla too
>>
File: IMG_5518.jpg (37KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5518.jpg
37KB, 200x252px
All you L fanboys are pathetic. His isn't even a character.
>>
>>86895795
Who gives a shit, that's okay to change, other things are not, like what makes Death Note interesting or compelling
>>
>>86895907
>>think about an impossible keikaku involving rule violation (misa only dies if she grabs the notebook, when it's stated that if your name is written you die regardless), a fight with the police (including telling L about the notebook), a fall from a wheel, almost drowning, coma, and getting the death note delivered where everyone can see and intercept it, and later reveal to your father (head of police) that you are guilty

Almost none of that was part of the plan.
The plan was:

>survive
>get the book back
>kill MIsa
>>
>>86895913
>thing is even then it doesn't work
Bullshit, this movie is hilarious
>>
>>86895928
Matt master race
>>
>>86895963
did your brain turn off for the "big reveal" at the end that Light had it all planned and written out?
>>
>>86894100
>absolutely nothing like the character from the anime
and that's alright. who the fuck watches anime? who the fuck wants actual movies to be "just like anime"? I never watched the death note anime but I know this live action was a huge improbment, simply because it wasn't animated by basement dwelling pedophile japs.
>>
>>86895980
There's funny elements but they are all over the place
>>
>>86894269
The smoothest part of the turd.
>>
>>86896011
>did your brain turn off for the "big reveal" at the end that Light had it all planned and written out?

Yeah, and here's what he wrote, and in order

>survive
"A doctor saves me after I fall from the Ferris Wheel"
>get the book back
"another dude finds the book and gives it back to me"
>kill Misa
"Misa dies when she takes the book"
>>
>>86896017
t. Adam Wingard
>>
>>86895068
>Why didn't Light just rip the page out and burn it when he got the Death Note back?
In all fairness it was actually a good play since he managed to be in a coma and to the eyes of investigators he was not Kira since he was also not capable of killing people while in a hospital bed.
>>
>>86894269
>until he goes unhinged

That was the part I liked though, this L is far too emotional to the point he's willing to chase Lighto with a gun to kill him and that chase scene was fun
>>
>>86895955
not it was retarded why isnt the nigger dead
>>
>>86896148
because Zimmerman was aquitted
>>
>>86895205
Please tell me this is a fucking joke.
>>
Fuck this movie so goddamn much.

Light is a dumb fucking emotional cuck

The bitch is fucking smarter then Light

L is just a god mode character that randomly gets new information about who Kira is whenever he feels like it, without needing to do any work for it

Ryuk 10/10
>>
>>86896099
Yeah hes so fucking smart, like when he told a member of the Kira investigation team that he was Kira and offered to show him how he does it

Smart Character!
>>
>>86896578
>The bitch is fucking smarter then Light

She knocked a guy out and then stole his wallet. She wasn't smart, she was just more of a thug.
>>
>>86896682
Smarter then anything light did
>>
>>86894269
Yep. L's actor actually did a good job, but he couldn't save the nonsensical writing for his character.
>>
File: Death Note Kino.jpg (1MB, 2000x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Death Note Kino.jpg
1MB, 2000x1070px
film is kino experimental work

plebs won't understand it
>>
>>86894920

L is Eurasian, hence the autism.
>>
It's like The Room but with good cinematography
>>
>film ends on cliffhanger of L killing Light's dad
>never going to see the outcome of cliffhanger because Death Note 2 will never be green-lighted

I don't know whether I should be glad or disappointed.
>>
>>86896862
KEK

that fucking Star Wars gun. Why? Oh and you're 100% right OP. This movie was pure fucking garbage. The anime isn't even that great but this makes it look like a masterpiece.
>>
>>86895101
>I'm blind to flaws, now delete this thread!
>>
>>86897051
>film ends on cliffhanger of L killing Light's dad
The cliffhanger is L killing Light
>>
>>86894920

L is a 1/4 English, French, Russian and Japanese from Britain.
>>
>>86897165
L is clearly unsure as to whether he should kill Light or not. Ryuk's final words in the film: "you humans are so interesting" shows that L wants to get back at Light in one way or another, and also wants to bring him to justice instead of just kill him.

So what does he do? He kills his dad. Light doesn't know that L has a page of the Death Note, and as far as Light concerned he's got the entire book under his pillow. Now he will blame either himself or Ryuk for the death of his father while still on the run from L.
>>
>>86897362
Oh, or his dead girlfriend. Since he realized she really was batshit crazy and really would have killed his dad if it meant saving their asses.
>>
>>86897362
Naw, that's not in his character. Lights father was a good, innocent man. L wouldn't kill him just to get revenge on light. I'm of the opinion that he used the page to kill light. Hence why we see him looking at the picture of light several times and light looking so freaked out when ryuk shows up and says his last line.
>>
>anime
>anime adaptations
both are barely worse than capeshit
>>
Negro L confirmed for junior mason and mkultra victim. Illuminati confirmed
>>
Black L was the least of this movie problems. It missed the point of the entire story, ruined all the characters except for Ryuk (who has Chucky Doll's face for some reason), was fucking stupid on its own to the point of being a parody, and looked like a cheap-ass garbage. Not to mention the shitty soundtrack.

The final "showdown" between L and Kira is a fucking marathon where they push away more people when kill with the Note on-screen. How's that for your "mind battle", detective?
Also, I'm from fucking Russia and I don't think there is a single fucking person here named "Kira". There is a common name "Kirill" here, but It's either Greek or Persian name and neither version means "Light". Even if I'm wrong here, it still was a useless piece of trivia and they could have gone straight to "Japanese misleading" stuff instead of brining in more useless shit.

Honestly, this movie was fucking insufferable.
>>
Lets hope Ryan Gosling gets casted as Matt in the sequel and plays a staring role.
>>
The movie does a terrible job at adapting the source material. It's a pretty okay movie though 6/10
>>
>>86895303
>>86895287
>Sequel will be Kira/L vs. Near/Mello
Now I kind of want to watch that...
>>
Wouldn't anime L act all autistic about having candy all over the dirty floor?
>>
File: 5351560-8825515219-2c458.jpg (12KB, 470x300px) Image search: [Google]
5351560-8825515219-2c458.jpg
12KB, 470x300px
>Matsuda isn't in this film
>>
>>86894100
Why didn't they make it a miniseries?
>>
>>86897968
great, even more niggers
>>
>>86898070
Because then they wouldn't be able to afford Dafoe.
>>
>>86898148
Ryuk was basically pointless in this though
>>
>>86894100
L is all about maintaining his composure under the stress of cases. Stanfield was great as L until he lost his shit which threw the character out the window.
>>
>>86894100
Why would anyone bother watching this? I'll never touch it for the same reason I won't watch Ender's Game, the source is too good to do it better in a different format.
>>
Couldn't even make it past the part where those two bullies are beating up the kid in the rain. Should I continue to struggle through, or just forget about it?
>>
>>86898212
Because I watch worse movies. I knew going in it would be bad but it's still Death Note related. The movie is so bad it's enjoyable in a few parts.
>>
>>86894100
nyanime ~ manga > japanese live action > reddit > netflix's death note
I can deal with shitty L, Misa, Light's dad, cheap indian CG. But this Light is one big fuckign miscast
>>
>>86898231
the first third is the best part of the movie, it's all downhill from there
>>
>>86898211
>L: 'So we know that he needs a name and a face to kill'
>I wonder if Watari is vulnerable?
>OH SHIT HE GOT WATARI WHAT DO I DO

this isn't the real L, the real L would have thought of ALL possibilities
>>
>>86894100
ITT:
Animefags sad because yet another of their favourite garbage cartoons has failed on the big screen. Animes are fucking bad? Big fucking surprise. Get over yourselves.
>>
>nobody in this thread being racist towards an actor and actually praising him on a job well done for his attempt at trying to work with a terribly-written character

Am I even on /tv/ right now?
>>
>>86894100
>His character is absolutely nothing like the character from the anime

So for someone who has never seen the anime is it still dogshit or will atleast come off as watchable?
>>
>>86898419
It feels like he is the only person that actually watched/read the source material and understood the character he was supposed to portray.
His body posture/ way of moving was spot on, shame that the terrible writing ruined the rest
>>
>>86898472
If you watched the movie before the anime, then the anime will be 100x better.
>>
>>86898419
Casting L as a nigger, even if you switch the setting to America, is a terrible decision - I think everyone here would agree to that. But the fact of the matter is that this particular casting is the least of the film's problems; the way L's character is written is so bad that literally no actor could've salvaged it.
>>
File: 1491409908988.jpg (39KB, 409x487px) Image search: [Google]
1491409908988.jpg
39KB, 409x487px
>whoever wrote the character of L in this movie deserves to have their name written in the Death Note
>>
This was actually really good because it treats Death Note as the dumb schlock that it is.
>>
File: IMG_3640.jpg (35KB, 300x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3640.jpg
35KB, 300x451px
>straight A student with a lot of friends
>as chad as a Japanese guy can get
>completely normal family, has both parents and a sibling
>plans ahead like a madman, keeps the death note as secret as possible
>kills his enemies almost entirely in heart attacks, no final destination shit that draws attention
>isn't pushed around by his girlfriend, is real man that uses her as tool for his goals

So many problems would've been alleviated had they made Light the typical American chad.
>>
>>86898518
>literally no actor could've salvaged it
>>
File: dn_in_1scr.jpg (163KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
dn_in_1scr.jpg
163KB, 1920x802px
>>
>L figures out the killer is in Seattle
>FBI agents die
>Shea Whigham doesn't
>Therefore Light is Kira

Light didn't even kill them, why did L assume it was only 1 person in the first place? And that his GF was completely unworthy of being investigated? If Light can access police files so can his GF who hangs out there all the time
>>
>>86898569
The typical american chad is too retarded to use the Death Note.
Seriously, whose name would he write into it?
The QB of the rival football team?
>>
>>86898569

Did Light ever have friends? That was one non-Chad thing about him. Can't recall him being involved with sports either
>>
>>86898569

The point of using heart attacks was to draw attention, he kept accidental deaths as his secret weapon.
>>
>>86898598
Better question:

Why didn't L realize that "Kira" is celtic for "Light"
>>
>>86898639
Light was a tennis god.
No friends though but it's okay because nobody wanted to bother him as they were looking up to him for being the best student
>>
>>86898639
he was popular with the ladies.
>>
>>86894269
>Chick sucked hard.
She can't possibly be more annoying than Misa though, right?
>>
>>86898705
r-right?
>>
>>86898639
He was popular and easily finds GFs & people to hang with when he wants, he just doesn't have much of an interest in doing that unless it has a purpose. Like when he goes to that one city where Misa spots him, he had a group of people to go with him no problem.
>>
>>86898698
Maybe because L isn't Irish?
>>
>>86898639

No close friends but everyone naturally liked him because he was good looking, successful and good at playing people, but also so arrogant he looks down on everyone.
>>
File: 192753975.webm (231KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
192753975.webm
231KB, 1920x1080px
I'm watching it right now and Ryuk's animation is pretty funny. Almost reminds me of that of the 80's TMNT movies.
>>
>>86898569
> murican light
> what's is it?
> i cant tell you
> bye
> wait, it's the death note
> let's fuck
>>
>>86898705
Mia is a straight sociopath and is basically the real Kira

She's a million times more interesting than Misa
>>
>>86894100
>I was a little annoyed at the fact that L's character is black
Stopped reading. We don't care about the opinion of racists.
>>
File: 1503688164383.webm (3MB, 1176x660px) Image search: [Google]
1503688164383.webm
3MB, 1176x660px
>M'lord
>tips paddle
>>
>>86898896
This movie was genius
>>
>>86894100
>This was really, really, really bad.

Anybody that is surprised it was bad is literally retarded.
>>
>>86898960
What the fuck was that gun?
>>
>>86898927
If you would have read the next few words, you'd see that I'm actually praising Keith for his performance.

I don't like it when film adaptations change the race of the characters no matter what it's changed to, but at least Keith tried to make the best out of a shitty situation with the awfully written character.
>>
File: acc.png (218KB, 383x363px) Image search: [Google]
acc.png
218KB, 383x363px
https://3.lithi.io/VAOGr.webm
>>
>>86899079
No i won't because I don't take kindly to racists. Sorry you outed yourself upfront, racist.
>>
>>86898960
Holy fuck, the difference in the level of acting skill between the two is fucking shocking.

How did that guy manage to get the lead role over anyone else?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-26-09-51-23.png (52KB, 302x117px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-26-09-51-23.png
52KB, 302x117px
>>
>>86897968
>Mello gets cast as a MtF
>>
File: 1491137719684.jpg (84KB, 508x504px) Image search: [Google]
1491137719684.jpg
84KB, 508x504px
>>86899085
>>
>>86899079
So why aren't you mad about all of the other characters having their race changed? You praise Defoe but didn't preface that opinion with "I'm upset that they cast a white guy for him"
>>
File: 1503685696619.webm (3MB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1503685696619.webm
3MB, 640x400px
>>86898818
Comparison to japanese CG Ryuk
>>
>>86894269
Every character was shit. Its impossible to take L seriously and light is a beta faggot. The end was full of asspulls that shouldnt be allowed to even happen in death note
>>
>>
>>86898419
His first few scenes are very good. He near perfectly mimics L's VA from the English dub.

>>86898518
You're lost. >>>/pol/
>>
>>86899211
Because I can't rely on Hollywood to cast a Japanese actor as the lead role in an anime adaptation, so there's no point even bothering to mention it.

And Dafoe only provides his voice, and Ryuk isn't even human let alone Japanese.
>>
>>86894100
L should've been Japanese
>>
>>86899245
That looks like ass.
>>
>>86899271
But it is worth mentioning when they use a black person. Thank you for proving my point racist.
>>
>>86895125
>'do you have any idea how much trouble you're in?!'
>Gets 2 weeks detention
>>
File: im done.jpg (65KB, 1280x697px) Image search: [Google]
im done.jpg
65KB, 1280x697px
> jackie chan movies like funny scenes during the credits
>>
File: doubtinghard.gif (92KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
doubtinghard.gif
92KB, 300x200px
>>86899321
>mfw that entire scene

In my high school, doing other people's homework for them is considered plagiarizing and you'd get suspended for it.
>>
>>86899328
This movie was one draft away from being a great horror comedy
>>
>>86899261
>Celtic

No.
>>
>>86899270
It's a stupid casting choice made only to create "controversy" and thus free advertising, that's it. This is not the same as saying that the actor did a terrible job, which he didn't, especially not given the atrocious material he had to work with.
>>
>>86899259
the endings's asspulls were by far not as bad as Light's plan to give up control of the death note for an extended period of time only to get it back
>>
File: 1496893870017.jpg (65KB, 588x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496893870017.jpg
65KB, 588x720px
>>86899515
>the only good actor in this shitshow, did the character justice until the script made L into a loose cannon
>stupid casting choice
>>
>>86898419
Only the director was racist by having black L act on his emotions at every turn.
>>
>>86894100
>tl;dr nigger
jesus... why bother writing an essay about it?
>>
The final scene is legit amazing
>>
>>86899582
Two things can be true at the same time:
>The casting is bad
>The script is even worse and makes the casting passable by comparison
>>
lol @ the racist redneck white boys who hate this show.
>>
>>86899261
>Russian
No. In russian "light" is "Cвeт"
No КИPA
>>
>>86896008
He had such a cool design
>>
>>86896055
He writes that the ferris wheel collapses, too. The other guy is right, it all went according to keikaku.
>>
File: 1476869045402.jpg (310KB, 800x910px) Image search: [Google]
1476869045402.jpg
310KB, 800x910px
The biggest problem was the choice of music, the soundtrack fucked the tone of the film
The OST in the original went from slow and methodical and creeped into orchestral evangelical shit when he used the power of a god
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcwQoOsQQJ8

Honestly the weakest part was that they followed the anime, for America they should have just done an original story, or fuck had Ryuk give Kira's Note to a rando as a pseudo sequel where he as the knowledge already of Kira, maybe had a variety of characters kinda like v/h/s where Ryuk goes through many edge lords and vengeful fucks looking for someone as interesting and entertaining as light was
>Emo kid kills his family, regrets it and gives up the note
>Bullied ugly girl kills the popular girls and tries to make a boy like her, kill herself and him
>Activist decides to kill a bunch of bankers, oil ceo's etc
>Edgelord just kills randomly trying to cause chaos in his town
>Politician gets it and uses it to destroy his opposition in his party and his enemy by killing their underlings
>Divorced guy decides to kill his ex-wife and only later realises she had kids he didn't know about
>>
>>86899969
It was a plan, yes.
But the other guy is putting too much of what happened into the keikaku.

When it was literally just those three points.
>>
>>86896732
Light's plan at the end was a little smart, but for the rest of the movie he was an idiot.
>>
>>86900039
The ending was the only great keikaku that the series did every few episodes. It was the only part that really felt like Death Note to me. The rest of the movie is kinda fun if you mentally rename all the characters and it's just another story in that world.
>>
>>86900146
I really liked the part with Light controlling Watari, though his name actually being Watari was stupid.
>>
>>86899085
>>86899179
This is supposed to be a comedic scene, right?
>>
>>86899988
they could also have addressed the racial and social issues in America these days by giving the Note to, say a trans kid, a closeted gay republican senator, an oppressed POC etc. considering this was made by netflix how the fuck did they end up making a sped-up remake instead of something new and relevant?
>>
File: 1441678556375.gif (856KB, 175x200px) Image search: [Google]
1441678556375.gif
856KB, 175x200px
L was the last problem with this movie.
>>
>>86899415
Death Note would translate really well as horror-comedy, why didn't they just take the leap and do it like that?
>>
>>86900257
making Ryuk's first appearance an intentional comedic scene would have been retarded.
No, it's just bad acting and writing
>>
File: 1503693196481.jpg (290KB, 2048x833px) Image search: [Google]
1503693196481.jpg
290KB, 2048x833px
>>86898569
>>
Adam Wingard more like Adam Retard lmao
>>
>>86900271
>Gay kid tries to genocide the straights, kill off a guys girlfriends to try and make him love him as he's always there as a shoulder to cry on
>Eventually the guy get's married and has kids, the gay cuck kill off his wife and kids as a last resort
They could shove as much anti-trump, lbgt shit as they liked I'd watch something like that, the whole appeal of DN is how the characters react to the death note itself, Light and L was a cat and mouse mental battle, that's fun but you can do tons of shit with the premise
>>
>>86900312
There are a handful of scenes in this that are no doubt intentionally comedic. Why they didn't go all the way is fucking retarded.
>>
>>86899870
> Киpa
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kira_(given_name)
>>
File: atlastitrulysee.png (11KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
atlastitrulysee.png
11KB, 447x378px
>>86900326
>i ma gay
>>
Did anyone else think the Death Note was too powerful? He can manipulate reality into doing things like collapsing a Ferris wheel and blowing pages into conveniently placed fires and he can extensively mind control people for days on end into doing things completely unrelated to their deaths. The actual killing part is pretty useless and inconsequential compared to everything else it can do.
>>
>>86897659
They ruined Ryuk, too. Instead of being a bored observer, he's an actively malicious entity that forces Light to write a name in the notebook.
>>
>>86898012
No?
>>
>>86900324
I think you've got a mildly serious problem if you can't tell how self aware this movie was
>>
File: 15036999561380.jpg (289KB, 2048x833px) Image search: [Google]
15036999561380.jpg
289KB, 2048x833px
love this pic
>>
>>86899031
it looks like deckard's gun
>>
I'm going to fug Mia!
>>
>>86898472
Disregarding the "anime is bad" meme, the actual show is excellently written and animated. There's some serious kino in it. I highly recommend it. Also the English dub is really good so if you dont want to read subtitles then watch that
>>
File: lrunning.gif (1MB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
lrunning.gif
1MB, 316x320px
>>86894295
GONNA GET YOU

I'M THE BLACK BOY

WOWOWOWO
>>
>>86894269
>most of the movie sucked
>6/10
???
>>
>>86900806
dubs are trash, and death note's dub does not deviate from that norm
>>
>>86899245
>actually portals through a fucking wall and a window
>>
>>86894300
Same here. It's probably the best film I've seen today, ever, which I haven't seen yet. I'd take a star off, just because.

9/10
>>
>>86900775
Right, so why?
>>
>>86895125
>Part of the appeal of light as a character was that he was a model citizen with everything going for him and he death note makes him a paranoid, unhappy, megalomaniac. The shift from straight a honor student to serial killer.
Oh god, this. So rewarding to see him going to the neverending ride.

Movie Light uses Death Note as means to get pussy. Waow.
>>
>>86901239
>Movie Light uses Death Note as means to get pussy. Waow.

And hijinks ensue.
>>
Wasn't amazing but I enjoyed it for what it was, an adaptation of an edgy fucking manga, and basically I'm giving it another 2 points for having actual practical gore.
7/10
>>
Fight me I will argue it wasn't bad. Solid 5/10.
>>
>>86899286
L isn't Japanese. Do your research before you complain.
>>
I hated how they turned L into a nigger but he's a really good actor, It would be great if he was just a new character, another orphan from that prodigy program like N and Mello
>>
File: 3564632.gif (2MB, 540x386px) Image search: [Google]
3564632.gif
2MB, 540x386px
>also mfw I just noticed Watari is the VA of hanzo.
>>
>>86895125
Another thing was that he did it of his own free will and not because somebody was guiding him.

Ryuk only appears in the first episode after Light has spent a considerable amount of time writing names down impressed with his dedication to something he as a Shinigami does on a daily basis to surivive and is just bored with it. Light's rules and reasoning for becoming a killer intrigues him and he stays until he's finally caught just wanting the chance to write his name down.
>>
>>86901736
>I hated how I'm a racist
>>
>>86901460
also gave it a 5/10. It was forgettable but almost okay.

pluses:
-black L (I mean the actor performance, which was very good for this kind of movie)
-first half or so of the movie (was actually fine - 6.5ish)
-Ryuk was okay

minuses:
every thing else, especially Light Turner (character and actor) and the script in general (I don't remember the anime being the greatest thing ever - basically entry tier shit - but it had at least some things going for it, which they left out for some reason)

I will forget everything about this movie within the next months. fuck Netflix.
>>
>>86899736
The casting was fine. If the script didn't call for him to act all emotional then he would have been a great Americanized L.
>>
>>86895907
He made the whole plan to mislead the police and L. He ended up framing MiSa.
>>
>>86901786
I'd say the original and the movie have almost equal scripts, just in different ways. The original is pretty over-dramatic "Japanese-y" and convoluted, whereas the movie is very over-dramatic "American-y" and simplistic.
>>
File: 31944112.jpg (102KB, 837x1024px) Image search: [Google]
31944112.jpg
102KB, 837x1024px
This movie was a goddamn insult to the anime and the characters in it. Seriously why didn't the just set it in the same universe with original characters?

There are tons of Shinigamis and Death Notes get lost all the time.
>>
Did Kenny deserve to die?
>>
>>86900564
It can't do that stuff in the original. The note has limits
>>
>>86901950
Because they knew it would suck and didn't want to ruin the original universe so they can milk this franchise more in the future
>>
>>86901005
You're wrong. The english performance for Light is better than the sub.
>>
>>86899154
>Mello trap
>>
>>86895928
>>86896008
>near
>matt
All this couldn't have been done without Mello you fucking fags
Mello #1 fuk u fags
>>
>>86901884
That's ridiculous. Simplistic is worse for a concept like this, and in the original script everything is consistent. In this rules keep breaking and changing and it doesn't work.
>>
I refuse to watch a black L; It just doesn't fit with everything I know about black people
>>
>>86902262
If you raise a nigger from birth and keep him away from coonery he could still turn out decent desu.
>>
File: IMG_6628.png (45KB, 438x157px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6628.png
45KB, 438x157px
>>86894100

U fucking pleb, characters don't have to be the same as in anime. L and Light are completely different and it's fine. If you want more of the same watch Japanese Live adaptations.

Movie has some other problems.
>>
fucking awful
>>
File: Ryuk_10 years ago.jpg (30KB, 382x338px) Image search: [Google]
Ryuk_10 years ago.jpg
30KB, 382x338px
Soundtrack is a 0/10 netflix has an obsession with 80s garbage
Death Note is a definite 2000s anime why not give it a 2000s soundtrack?
fans of the anime are too young to have any real nostagia for the 80s

An actual american high school prom scene

The setting is mostly in public, in a public HS specifically. Speaking at full volume in the library about their kills. Screaming about it during a fight in the hallways. They just use regular phones and talk about it openly in public. L doesn't check their phones. Mia reveals her FBI thing at full volume in an actual crowd of people who are all silently slow dancing. They just fuck and talk about who to kill in his room and his dad doesn't hear it? Seriously?

Token L makes no sense. The cop car chase scene didn't fucking surprise me for a second. They literally want the fast and furious audience to watch this

Ryuk looks like way worse than the japanese live action version, his character is mostly in tact but meh. He quips about the rules and then the movie actually does spend too much time thinking about the rules

L calling out kira on TV is dumb. The dad calling him out is dumb. L just jumps to the conclusion that it's his father. They don't even give L a good scene to make you respect his detective skills. That's what makes L such a good character in the original story, he's just as fun to watch/read and Light. They are both actual geniuses and not just DUDE I'M A MASTER DETECTIVE LMAO.

Misa is terrible. Is smoking really that edgy? Why didn't they make her the goth chick at school? Who the fuck is REM? Light just tells the first person he talks to at school about the Death Note, doesn't think for even a second he should keep it a secret. Then they break up and kiss in the rain like The fucking Notebook. The whole relationship is trash.
>>
File: wrongs.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
wrongs.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>86902394
>Ryuk looks like way worse than the japanese live action version
>>
File: 1500214707669.gif (955KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500214707669.gif
955KB, 360x360px
Death Note is like Sonic the Hedgehog from the animes. It was never good to begin with, it feeds and live off nostalgia and "muh first adult anime" bullshit.

Literally every single project made to revisit, recreate it or adaptation crashed and burn, because people then see it for the dogshit it is.

Gantz, on the other hands, deserves a little more love. But by now it's pretty clear that western anime adaptation is poison.
>>
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXGfOqUWtNk&feature=youtu.be&t=3s
>>
>>86902262
I know a couple of autistic black nerds that are like this L though one is fat and the other is gay.
>>
Anybody know who sung the Bittersweet Symphony cover in the advert? Was good
>>
>>86895275
>juvenile comic
>please western sensibilities

I wish people would fuck off with this shit. Everybody I know loved the Death Note anime. Weebs and normies alike. Even straight-up Chads loved Death Note despite being skeptical at first. They didn't have to change anything apart from making the characters American.
>>
>>86902493
lmao
>>
File: mr-robot-1333x2000.jpg (395KB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
mr-robot-1333x2000.jpg
395KB, 1333x2000px
>>86898518
>>86898573

>literally no actor could've salvaged it
>>
Both Light and L were way too emotional in this movie. Nothing like their calculated, calm selves in the anime. Seeing "L" and "Light" act rash and without reserve was awful
>>
why is light such a cuck
>>
>>86902628

/pol/ would flip their shit anyway cuz he's arab
>>
>>86902642
He's a teenage virgin
>>
>>86902628
Oh fuck
>>
>>86902394
>Death Note is a definite 2000s anime why not give it a 2000s soundtrack?

>He genuinely believes a shit adaptation would be improved with inclusion of songs from the worst era of music in recent memory

I will never understand degenerate anime fans. They want this stuff to be taken serious but also soundtracked by Linkin Park and Drowning Pool.
>>
I hope there's no sequel, the original went downhill once L was killed anyway.
>>
L was decent faggots
>>
What would happen if someone knew the face of Sneed and tried to kill him? Would it work or nothing happens because he's formerly Chuck?
>>
>>86895254

Might take the book for himself. Once he get the book he can burn his own page also right?
>>
>>86894100
>but I know that the actor playing him is decen
Lol, no.
>>
>>86902671
at least we wouldn't be getting mad he's whitewashing our egyptian roles since you know he's egyptian
>>
>>86902735
No
>>
>>86902735

I agree, but was still kind of lame. Not the actor's fault
>>
>>86902735
he really wasn't
>>
>>86902671
>>86902681

hes basically a more autistic L in Mr. Robot anyways
>>
>>86901060
He does it in the source material. A lot actually. Him doing it to find all the cameras hidden in Light's room helped a lot.
>>
>>86902671
>green eyes
>light skin
He's far more white than arab
>>
mia is annoying af
>>
>>86902684
>he hasn't watched death note
the soundtrack goes beyond the screamo OP and ED, bruh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRncXUSww8

they had maybe one song with a guitar on it on the netflix version?

>He genuinely believes a shit adaptation would be improved with
>implications

i didn't say it would be better, this movie was doomed from day one. i just said what they came up with was shit and they completely missed the mark.
>>
>>86894100
Agreed, it was awful. I'm not even comparing it to the anime, it was just a bad movie. This director has no sense of characterization, storytelling, even basic logic is just thrown out the window in every single scene.

I feel like the whole approach to this film was basically "anything for a """cool""" shot." Even the small details of this film were stupid. Light's alone in a classroom having detention, the room gets COMPLETELY trashed by an indoor windstorm (and why?) and nobody cares. In another scene, Light sits completely alone in the bleachers, apparently watching the basketball team practicing (why? who does this?) And how the fuck does Mia slip out of the house with the Death Note while it's surrounded by cops who are specifically there to find evidence that Light is a mass murderer? It doesn't occur to them that his girlfriend might be protecting him?

Every single scene consistently fails at basic logic like this. I seriously do not understand how movies like this get made. They spend millions and millions producing & advertising this, when there are fundamental flaws in the script that a 12-year-old could notice and correct. How can it be that NOBODY at Netflix, nobody in the cast & crew, bothers to point this shit out?
>>
>>86903017
i think they do it on purpose because they get a lot of attention at the time of release

all the fans watch it / hate watch it when they find out it's garbage. then we take to the chinese message boards to post our thoughts

then the memes are made and circulated and normies start to check into it

also it's easier to throw together a flashy shit movie with a huge budget then write something cohesive
>>
File: 1492457935798.gif (1023KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1492457935798.gif
1023KB, 300x168px
>>86894100
>mfw while watching this trash fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mctGi-1SOg
>>
>>86898419
L did a great job with the voice for the first half
But man, seeing those huge lips eat candy and his hair was just awful.
It was definitely a mistake to cast L as a black guy but the movie had much bigger problems with Light being a gigantic beta and acting dumb
>>
>>86903174
HAHA! It's le funny youtube man! He's epic! Can you post more of his epic badass memes?!?
>>
File: 1497925850399.jpg (71KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497925850399.jpg
71KB, 600x800px
>>86902893

>All arabs looks the same
>green eyes are exclusive to whites

You'd be surprise that shitholes like Brazil has more people with green eyes than white countries like mine, norway.
>>
>>86903202
sure mang XDDDD
let me get le epicx maymays XDDDD
>>
L was excellent. The true fuckup was the mischaracterization of Light. Manga/anime Light was a true mastermind who put his goals above all else. The people around him were just tools to be used. This movie version however, was just the ultimate cliched angry virgin who threw away a potential utopia because he was so thirsty for pussy. If he hadn't found the death note, he would have shot up his school eventually.
>>
>>86898419
Hell, they should've let him direct it too. He was obviously the only person involved in this production with good taste & an understanding of the material.

Nat Wolff as Light really wasn't bad, either. It was just the script & direction. The depressing thing about this adaptation is that you can almost see the great movie that could've been made with this cast and this budget
>>
>>86903363
Except he didn't throw away anything. He killed the pussy and got off scot free.
>>
>>86903017
you assume that whoever gets decide that thinks like a normal human bean.

At this point I'm rather certain that most of these movies are not made upon the creatives that had the idea for it, but rather some marketing department.

Our research found out that a classroom trashing scene goes well with our main focus group so let's have that. We need a scene where Light and Mia can talk in peace. Let's have that during basketball practice because that is very popular.

This goes on and on, not only for scene, but even retarded details like that gun. It doesn't matter if it fits the movie as long as some manager and some damn department wants it.

These films, where the creator(s) doesn't have full creative control always have and always will go to total shit. Doesn't mean that the opposite gives you a good movie always of course.
>>
>>86903421
>dying
>getting off scott free
>>
>>86903421
That was last-minute triage, not keikaku. He never should have told her about the death note in the first place.
>>
>>86903527
When did Light die?
>>
>>86894100
Falling for this Jewish garbage....
>>
LIGHT IS A CuCK
>>
>>86898906
I didn't get this at all. She seemed like a really immature cunt to me. Like a 10 year old who wanted her doll. More annoying than misa for me.

I also disagree with OP big time, L was acted amazingly well it's just the script/direction of the movie that hurt the character. Nothing good acting can do if the scene calls for something that character would never do. (See L knowing his death is imminent "hearing the bells toll" but being cool and wise as fuck right to the end)
>>
File: 1503588259361.jpg (913KB, 800x2251px) Image search: [Google]
1503588259361.jpg
913KB, 800x2251px
>>86902262
>>
>>86903561
L almost certainly kills his ass
>>
>>86903656
>almost certainly

Likely not.
>>
File: solod.jpg (33KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
solod.jpg
33KB, 323x323px
>>86903656
>almost
>>
>>86903472
No, I think Adam Wingard just isn't that smart. "You're Next" and "The Guest" are full of stupid shit like this, too. It's less noticeable in those films because they're just fun genre exercises, where the "style over substance" approach doesn't feel inappropriate or out of place.

But he was in over his head trying to tell this story. I can see why he seemed like a good choice, on paper, but he really fucked it up.
>>
About as trash as the trash this trash is based on.
>>
>>86903643
She wasn't even a character. No backstory, no personality, not even a half-assed attempt at explaining her behavior.
>>
>>86903656
I got that L couldnt bring himself to kill in the end
That would be more 'interesting' vs L killing light would be predictable
>>
>>86903777
I got the impression she's just your typical "alternative girl" who is spoiled because she gets whatever she wants by sucking and fucking whoever she wants. Which annoyed me even more. Fucking roasties
>>
>>86903906
I got the impression that she is an actress that the director wants to fuck, therefore she must be given lots of screentime, and nobody ever thought it through any further than that.
>>
>>86894100
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/26/netflixs-death-note-willem-dafoe-talks-ryuk-and-skipping-the-source-material

>IGN: Did you get a chance to check out the source material before you committed to the film?

>Willem Dafoe: Not so much. I didn't feel the need. Sometimes you feel like you have to do research to make something, other times you know you don't feel it so much. I felt it was purer if I just responded to the story, the images, and what Adam told me he envisioned. It's not a rejection of preexisting material. It's just we like to keep true to your impulses. I kind of let the integrity of the source rest with Adam.
>>
>>86904418
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>86904418
Dafoe still was a great voice choice for the movie. He's also 62 I don't think he's the target demographic to watch the show. Also had he been asked to watch it I'm sure he would've.
>>
>>86904418
>>86904762
this is how all anime is dubbed you know. the VAs just show up and read lines, they don't even check out the original to see what they are supposed to sound/act like. then they say "it's more fun" or "i can get into the character better if it's my first time reading the script"
>>
>>86904418
...wow.
>>
>>86904418
>Dafoe knows nothing about Death Note
>gives the best performance
>Lakeith claims to be a big fan of the anime
> his performance is shit
>>
>>86904418
That wasn't the problem here. Dafoe was fine. He really didn't have much dialogue anyway, and if you think he could've saved this script, you really overestimate how much control an actor has over a movie. He could've read all the manga, watched the entire anime, watched every other adaptation, and it would've made no difference. He still would've showed up, read his lines, and did what the director told him to do.
>>
>>86905052
>this is how all anime is dubbed you know. the VAs just show up and read lines
This is why I don't watch dubs. It's just surprising to see that most everyone on the project probably felt a similar way.

It's just odd that most adaptation projects are taken on by people who look at the source material and go, "meh." Most great pieces of source material are popular for a reason, and it blows my mind that it's obvious that the creative team responsible for adapting it couldn't be bothered to understand what that was.
>>
>>86904418
That's how a good actor does it. Not like those method shitters.
>>
>>86895125
I think Light was more of a school shooter.
>>
This movie was fantastic. The director was clearly aware of the camp and ridiculousness of the source material and cranked it up to 11 to gives us the equivalent of Araki Hirohiko's Death Note. It's the purest distillation of American filmmaking sensibilities and the only version of the story that acknowledges Light's idiocy.
>>
>>86906087
Imagine being so contrarian that you enjoy watching this shit
>>
>>86899143
hehe
>>
>>86906247
Imagine being a faggot, oh wait you already are.
>>
File: Am_I_Retarded.jpg (46KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
Am_I_Retarded.jpg
46KB, 665x574px
>>86906087
>>
File: 1132123.png (1MB, 1070x1156px) Image search: [Google]
1132123.png
1MB, 1070x1156px
>asks a legit question
>HEY WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF I KEKED YOU

Christ.
>>
>>86898419
bLack was good, if only he had had a good or at least a decent script and story to work with.
>>
>>86906087
So in your mind, the whole point of this adaptation was to make a mockery of bad material? Why make the movie at all, then? They didn't push it to the point of parody or dark comedy (it wasn't funny, just stupid), they sure as hell didn't improve or correct the flaws in the source material, they just made a crappy movie out of crappy material. You think that's "fantastic?"
>the only version of the story that acknowledges Light's idiocy
I'm pretty sure that whole ferris-wheel climax, and the explanation in the hospital bed, was meant to be "smart."

It's clear that you recognize this was a shitty movie, you just seem to think the director was doing that on purpose. I don't think he was, and I don't think it'd be praiseworthy even if that was the case
>>
20 minutes in, why does he immediately tell this random whore about the Note? Fuck, I was really looking forward to this.
>>
>>86906511
>with a black handsome dude?
>what?
>n-nothing I mean, kill him. I KILL. YES I KILL
>>
>>86906547
>it wasn't funny, just stupid
>>
>>86900326
>yagami
>imgay
Jesus i lived so long with that i just saw that now. I laughed.
>>
>>86900842
spooky to be honest.
>>
>>86900842
I feel like L was the only one who actually tried to act like they did in the anime.
Until the last half when the script goes out of control awful
>>
>>86899245
Isn't that the dude from Battu Royale?
>>
>>86902671
>north-Africans and Arabs are the same thing
/pol/ here just letting you know that you're fucking retarded
>>
>>86896644
>>
File: 1492461530650.png (344KB, 576x467px) Image search: [Google]
1492461530650.png
344KB, 576x467px
Light was L's best friend

how could they fuck that up?
>>
>>86902735
Relative to everyone in that movie, yes
>>
>>86899245
Wow. Japanese Live Action Ryuk is SHIT.

At least Dafoe Ryuk looks decent enough.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.