[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what did we non weebs think of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (112KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 980x490px
Now that the dust has settled, what did we non weebs think of it?
>>
>>86887889
Shit script, uneven acting, generic score, great cinematography.
>>
>non-weebs
>on 4chan

no such thing
>>
>>86887889
>we non weebs

Do you know where you are ?
>>
>>86887977
>>86888017
Plenty of people here dont care about chinese cartoons bub
>>
>>86887914
It's interesting to me that you noticed the score was cliche but thought the cinematography wasn't.
>>
>>86888049
Name one.
>>
>>86888049
>not caring about chinese cartoons
>on a chinese cartoon image board ran by the weeblord himself
>>
File: 1476734076461.jpg (29KB, 357x312px) Image search: [Google]
1476734076461.jpg
29KB, 357x312px
>>86888049
>bub
>>he thinks manlet opinions matters
>>
>>86888075
>site is literally /pol/, /poltv/, /polv/ + irrevelant boards
>WE WUZ WEEBZ
>>
>>86887889
Cinematography was exactly like the score. It's like what a netflix producer thinks the kids want this day. It felt predictable and dishonest.
>>
>>86888077
is that a jojo reference
>>
File: x-menreaction.jpg (99KB, 585x241px) Image search: [Google]
x-menreaction.jpg
99KB, 585x241px
>>86888144
No. Its a wolverine one
>>
it was pretty good.
about the ending, did L do it???
>>
the black guy ruined it
>>
>>86887889
it was pretty ok. I would've like more of the cat and mouse thing from the anime desu; but you can only put so much in ~2hrs.

6/10
>>
I went into this biased, I already liked the director and his previous works, and found the film to be shot and directed well. The very clear part that was lacking was the writing, but I feel if they had a scene or two more to explain some things, it would have been fine. Acting was okay at best, I really liked the dad and L was surprisingly good. Light grew on me, but his tsundere gf was shitty. I'm glad they didn't try to make a 1 to 1 copy like they did in japan with their live action movies and atleast tried something different with some slight role reversals, mainly Light and his gf almost switching entirely. On a second watch, I caught some things that didn't really make too much sense on the first watch, the ending to be exact, Light seems to have sowed doubt into L, possibly making him believe that it was the GF being Kira and not actually Light, and Light's reaction on the ferris wheel was that he didn't actually believe his plan was going to work, hence why he was surprised she grabbed the book, he had realized how much power he truly had at that point and that his plan was going to go off without a hitch. I eagerly await the sequel or follow up, I understand the hate but honestly it's just all brainlets or people who wanted a literal 1 to 1 copy. :)
>>
>>86888217
If anything, he wrote the girlfriends name down.
>>
>>86888392
But she's dead already
>>
>>86887889

Never seen the anime or Japanese films.

Thought it was pretty bad.

Like Donnie Darko for retards.

The story/idea was stupid as fuck (not so much the book conceit, but the whole cat and mouse thriller aspect).

The lead actor and actress were attractive/charismatic and had good chemistry, but the plot/characters became illogical nonsense quickly.

The character of L and the the performance by Stanfield were by far the worst things in the movie. Humiliating cringe inducing/shit.

Also, it felt like a Netflix series cut down to film length. The rules of the book became too loose and "lel because magic" by the end too.

The monster not only looked retarded but seemed completely pointless and unnecessary.

Also - dat none ending. It just stopped.

One thing of note - what was up with all the 80's Australian pop rock?
>>
webs on suicide watch
>>
It was shit. Utter shit, me and a couple of my buddies watched it and all throughout we pinched our noses and shouted "PEE YOOOW this film is a Stiiiiiinker. STINKY POO"
>>
>>86889383
the fuck
>>
>>86889331
The cat and mouse thriller aspect is actually pretty good. The whole idea of trying to bait Light and Light personal arrogance are probably the only good bits about the series. Ryuk is mostly useless in the main series, bar a bit of backstory and once or twice when his ability is used to find the holder of the book, but as a whole he's just an observer
In the main series I would've liked the timeskip to be about how Lights decisions actually affected the world rather than the new and improved L
>>
>>86889400

I think it would have been better if they completely dropped "L" and the whole "Kira" concept.

Just stuck with a Monkey's Paw/Butterfly Effect scenario.

I really, REALLY, hate the L character.
>>
>>86887889
Would've been better if it had an actual ending. Nothing is fucking resolved.
>>
File: L-Running.gif (1MB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
L-Running.gif
1MB, 316x320px
H-HE'S FAST!
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-08-26-14h51m02s913.png (535KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-26-14h51m02s913.png
535KB, 1920x800px
>>
>>86891329
forgot text
did anyone else catch this?
>>
>>86891258
Best scene
>>
I don't like black people.
>>
They are making a second movie r-right?
I liked it but I think it would have worked better as a mini-series. Character development felt rushed.
And yes I've seen the whole anime show.
>>
>>86887914
this.
besides L, he was perfectly written and cast and the only saving grace in it
>>
>>86888075
this board is ran by the weeblord isn't it, I didn't even think of that
>>
>>86887889
Flawed kino that will be shat on by posers who want to prove how "hardcore" they are
>>
>>86888017
On a very popular site that has many boards that eclipse the anime board's popularity and therefore consists mostly of people who have no particular love for anime?
>>
>>86887889
Really bad movie.
>>
>>86887889
I liked how Light screamed like a girl when he first saw Ryuk that's a pretty expected first reaction to seeing a demon. However, Light did a lot of screaming. Like his first encounter with Kenny did not have to be so vocal. His first encounter with L shouldn't have been so rough.

I'm disappointed he didn't have (more) intelligent lines but I suppose this adaptation's Light wasn't a genius.

>I do other people's homework to show I'm smart and have a warped sense of justice

Meh
>>
>>86894062
He was a regular teen
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.