[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Netflix release a statement acknowledging the criticism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 51

File: maxresdefault.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
Will Netflix release a statement acknowledging the criticism or will they try to sweep it under the rug?
>>
>>86887661
>release a statement acknowledging the criticism
what the fuck
no one does that
>>
File: light and L.jpg (54KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
light and L.jpg
54KB, 704x396px
>>86887661
Say what you want about Ghost in the Shell, but at least ScarJo kind of looked like the Major. This is just laughable
>>
>>86887661
Who altright here?
>>
i was forced into giving it a thumbs up when normally i would have given it 2 stars
>>
>>86887661
"Sorry our film adaptation sucked."

- Netflix
>>
>>86887723
Ghost in the Shell was a half assed attempt but at least they kind of tried to adapt the original premise.

Death Note was genuinely disorienting to me at points. What a shit show.
>>
>>86887661
They spent 40 million dollars trying to further their image as the cool media for millenials and ended up embarrassing themselves and tarnishing their reputation. I feel like they'd want to acknowledge that it was a mistake and and let people know they intend to do better in the future.
>>
>>86887729
pretty much everyone except me and like 2 other dudes who are probably both asleep.

this place is like a nazi dick sucking contest
>>
>>86887661
>release a statement acknowledging the criticism

Do you think companies do this?
>>
>>86887661
I think it's so funny how you guys think your approval means jack shit to anyone. It doesn't.
>>
The overall adaptation was pretty bad, but what I thought was interesting (to me at least) is that after a while I stopped noticing "L" was black... as he kinda nailed the character.

Death Note had big problems, but dude nailed the performance.
>>
>>86887661
Wasn't the reception alright, considering the incredibly low expectations?
>>
>>86887805
Sorry, I didn't necessarily mean release an official statement. I just meant do you think they'll publicly acknowledge it? Like do you think they'll give any info on their internal feelings about it to the press? Talk about how this effects their future plans? Or will they just ignore it entirely.
>>
>>86887875
>Or will they just ignore it entirely.

Which is what every organisation ever should do in all circumstances regarding negative feedback desu

>Ghost in the Shell
>Oh no 17 angry chinks on twitter are butthurt about ScarJo, quick release a statment

just fucking ignore them... why are you paying attention to 0.00000001% of the worlds population who tapped out a twitter message while taking a shit
>>
>>86887811
"I think it's so funny how you guys think that while Netflix is fighting to maintain it's dominance in online media as similar platforms are gaining popularity, and all media giants are moving into their domain, would care what it's customer's think about their programming."

You're a moron.
>>
>>86887830
No he fucking didn't at all

>I don't kill people!
>writes his name in the note at the end
>>
File: ikKnMoM.jpg (14KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
ikKnMoM.jpg
14KB, 512x288px
>>
>>86887723
Wut? She looked like the bloated Fatman from Dune.
>>
>>86887875
The fact that it's a one off speaks volumes. If Netflix saw longevity they would've extended it into multiple seasons or movies.
>>
>>86887661
Who fucking cares, it's just a bunch of nu-cuck weeaboo fags flinging their feces at their basement walls. And the SJW "muh White washing" dumbcunts. Don't like the US version, watch the Jap cringefest one instead you cry baby faggots
>>
>>86887661
> statement acknowledging the criticism
laughed hard

Fucking animefags. Go back to /a/ and never come back.
>>
Can somebody explain to me how L knew that Light was Kira? I either missed him deducing it or he just pulls it out of his ass

I mean the whole "He's from Seattle the Hostage Situation was on a local channel" makes 0 sense. What if Light was from Boston but just googled "ongoing hostage situation" or some shit. Jesus
>>
>>86887661

How bad is the movie, I mean is it even worth watching?
I watched the anime but don't really care how faithfully they adapt it because it turns to shit after the first 15 episodes or so
>>
>>86889912
Worth a watch, but def nothing special. Some decent gore scenes which surprised me. The movie is very young-adult cheesy and then someone's head explodes.

>>86889868
He deducted that the hostage situation was his first kill (the salute gives it away that something weird was going on) so it would be something local for the killer since it'd be the first thing it sees on their TV. L knew everyone that had access to the local police database as well. Also, he knew the whole Kira=Killer=Light defintiion.
Also, it's a kid's movie, who fucking cares.
>>
>>86889868
After this, L planted info about those two chink gangs on a server in Seattle. When they died, that confirmed L's hunch that Kira was there.
It's about the only good bit of detective work in this movie.
>>
Was the worst part about it the nigger?
>>
>>86890147
Not even close. Light was an annoying beta.
>>
>HBO released a statement apologising for True Detective S2
>S2 was actually better than S1, but normies hated it because it was different and 'confusing'
People saying no one acknowledges criticism are idiots, almost to the same extent as HBO.
>>
>>86887729

Well...I'm white and I don't hate myself.

Does that count?
>>
>acknowledging the criticism
Did they do it for any of those shitty Sandler movies or Iron Fist? They don't care as long as people watch it.
>>
>>86890342

Light was a beta bitch in the anime too, m8.
>>
>>86887661
Why would they? I've seen every adaptation of the Death Note manga and this one by far was the most enjoyable precisely because it wasn't a 1:1 copy and instead went back to the basics of the premise and did its own thing. It felt a bit like a B movie at times but that was charming.
>>
>>86887661
Will they ask for forgiveness for racebending like Marvel did in Dr Strange?
>>
>make a movie about a shitty manga

>become mad when it turns out it's bad
>>
i still don't understand how people defend this crap, it's fucking horrible and nothing else
>>
>>86890779
This is an adaptation that relocates the story to the US, so it's normal for the characters to not be Japanese. When the Japanese adapt an American story the same way, the characters become Japanese.

Before the culture wars started, this was common sense.
>>
>>86887954
>Ghost in the Shell
>Worldwide: $169,801,921
>Production Budget: $110 million
>just fucking ignore them...
Maybe it was a mistake.
>>
>>86890736
No, he was not. Light in the manga/anime is known to be a huge egocentric asshole with delusions of grandure, he's highly skilled in manipulating people and cares about no one but him and his legacy as a '''''God'''''. Movie Light is a huge faggot that shows the book at the first person he sees in order to get some pussy, backfires and MisaMisa ends up becoming Light and Light becomes MisaMisa.
>>
>>86890827
The Japs don't really seem to give a shit who gets cast as these cartoon characters and it's SJW/weaboos in the US getting assmad over it.
>>
>roasties ruin everything the movie

why did they ruin light
>>
>>86890038
>>86890023

alright thanks still doesnt explain why he knew it was light
>>
>>86890827
Anime characters are white
>>
>>86890917
Because Kira didn't kill Light's dad. Especially after killing 12 innocent FBI agents.

Why wouldn't Kira kill Light's dad?
>>
>>86890931
No they aren't.
>>
>>86890914
that roastie wrecked his character because they wanted a teen movie
>>
>>86890931
Everyone is a jap in the anime except for L and associates.
>>
>>86890933
Could be literally anybody working in the Seattle PD that likes the guy.
>>
so what was the least worse adaptation? Ghost in the shell or Death note?
>>
At least the soundtrack was good at parts
>>
It is ok to make Kira white. Just not jew school loser.
And black L. Sorry, this is just too unrealistic.
Genius black sociophobic detective? Really?
>>
>>86890996
There have been highly intelligent black characters for a long time in American movies and shows.
>>
>>86891004
Original black characters or just more blackwashing?
>>
>>86890996
>it's ok to make kira white just not jew
>btw fuck black people
mmm
>>
>>86890972
It was pretty clearly established that no one in the Seattle PD liked him.
>>
File: light.gif (735KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
light.gif
735KB, 500x281px
>>86890736
Light... a beta in the anime? A handsome young student on the top of his class who dresses well and has every chick wanting to suck his cock the second they meet him... is beta? The guy was the total opposite of a beta.
>>
>>86890023
>so it would be something local for the killer since it'd be the first thing it sees on their TV
He literally doesn't see it on TV though, he googles a stream. The writers just took L's argument from the original manga, without adapting it to realities of modern world, even though the other scene DID adapt to the internet age, thus rendering L's deduction moot. Embarrassing.
>>
>>86891004

L's entire gimmick is being a disgusting white guy, though.

He's greasy, unwashed, pale as fuck because he never goes outside, and has bags under his eyes. He has EXPLICITLY white features, because the way L is designed is to enhance that he's a nasty autist.

Black L is just black.
>>
>>86891039
Actually, you can find a lot of black characters in manga or anime.
But they are never smart. Just good at physical things.
>>
>>86891036
Both.
>>
>>86891046
It wasn't
>>
>>86891066
>L's entire gimmick is being a disgusting white guy, though.
L is asian in the anime and manga.
He passes for Japanese and attends university under a Japanese name to no remark.
>>
>>86891094

He's literally a British orphan.
>>
>>86891084
I just remember black hacker form Transformers 1.
Ad it was cringy as fuck.

Smart black characters = not believable.
>>
>>86891124
Nobody was complaining before the culture wars. And what do you expect filmmakers to do, declare that they won't cast blacks in smart roles because IQ statistics said so?
>>
>>86891137
>And what do you expect filmmakers to do
Stop blackwashing.
>>
>>86891154
Casting a black actor to play a smart character is not blackwashing.
>>
>>86891167
Casting black actor to play white character just because literally blackwashing.
What benefits we have from him as black? Story benefits?
>>
>>86891094
and guess what skin color japanese people have, woaw
>>
File: 1503654951323.jpg (23KB, 494x239px) Image search: [Google]
1503654951323.jpg
23KB, 494x239px
I thought it was good outside of L's japanese
>>
>>86891175
Not all characters are pre-existing ones and white.
>>
File: Death.note.2017.jpg (154KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
Death.note.2017.jpg
154KB, 1920x802px
Watching it right now what am I in for?

It looks very all American. Chick from the Leftovers it can't be all bad. Wait, is Light doing people's homework for them? The fuck.
>>
File: 1501126529981.jpg (191KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1501126529981.jpg
191KB, 499x499px
>used practical blood effects, not a hint of that lame default cgi blood
>ryuk was actually neat and was all practical, though they hid him in the shadows so you couldn't see how jarring and obvious that would have been

Other then that, it was pretty boring and generic, even if it did interest me a few times. Its annoying people are STILL upset over the casting, even though that wasn't an issue at all with why it wasn't that great. Anime film adaptions happen ALL the time in Japan, they just don't come here or get picked up because of how distribution and Hollywood works. Plus, they make those weird films for them. I love seeing shit adapted into Americanised forms because of how different the approach is, I just wish weebs would get all up in arms about how they couldn't have some fabled Japanese actor flown from Japan to star in some shitty film to play LIGHT TURNER
>>
>>86891198
It's a high school teen movie with a death note.
Then L shows up and it becomes a pretty half assed adaptation.
>>
>>86891175
And what benefits him from being white, I wonder? If this fella had been white the story would've been exactly the same, except for your chimping out about how unrealistic a black genius is.
>>
>>86891198
you need to do a mind switch and think that Misa is Kira and Kira is Misa
>>
>>86891227
>And what benefits him from being white
he would look more like L
>>
File: darkplace.jpg (57KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
darkplace.jpg
57KB, 600x450px
>>86891124
>smart black characters = not believable
>forgetting the masterperformance of Richard Ayoade in Garth Marengthi's: Darkplace
>>
>>86890978
Ghost in the shell was just boring, I didn't pay enough attention to remember any more details, but it was just an all around underwhelming movie. Death Note is laughably stupid.
>>
>>86891227
More faithful to a source material.
And white person looks more realistic. He is also from rich british family.
Why change skin color and alienating existing fanbase? To push your agenda?
>>
File: 1503657310398.png (272KB, 830x588px) Image search: [Google]
1503657310398.png
272KB, 830x588px
>>86887661
they won't care and will produce a sequel
>>
Light just got beaten up. He got detention for doing other kids homework and didn't even have to give up the names he sold it to.

Is that how American school justice is? Does not seem fair.
>>
>>86888031
You forgot:

WATARI
>>
>>86891263
It's an American adaptation set in America. There are blacks in America. Blacks are often characters in shows and movies.
>>
being an autist like L is explicitly a white character trait
>>
File: 1503729949604.jpg (133KB, 1200x488px) Image search: [Google]
1503729949604.jpg
133KB, 1200x488px
>>86890736
He really really wasn't.

He spent most of his time alone but it was implied that off-screen he was pretty popular and had a lot of friends and girlfriends.

You just wouldn't know them because they all live in Canada.
>>
>>86891285
ye it's a shame isn't it
>>
>>86891263
>White britbong
>Realistic
This isn't set in the 80s
>>
File: Death.note.2017.1080p.jpg (140KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
Death.note.2017.1080p.jpg
140KB, 1920x802px
Why the fuck did they cast this kid he's fucking ugly. I never see people getting bullied like this.
>>
>>86891318
He even says so in the anime to Ruyk when he goes out on a date with that girl from his class to stage the bus scene with Ray Penbar.

"Believe it or not, Ryuk, I'm quite popular."

He isn't supposed to be a beta bitch that looks like a school shooter, but the total opposite of that.
>>
>>86891248
Did this ugly ass Light Turner look like Yagami Light? Did Mia look like Misa Misa?
>>86891263
>More faithful to source material
This crap adaptation has nothing to do with the manga nor the anime, it's a pure travesty. Also in the movie it is stated that L's origins are just like Near and Mello.
>>
>>86891318
Their goal with the autist was to create a more flawed character because Light was a Gary Stu in the anime. The anime Light was also a pretty bland character.
>>
File: JUST_AS_PLANNED.jpg (36KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
JUST_AS_PLANNED.jpg
36KB, 800x450px
>>86891403
>The anime Light was also a pretty bland character.
He was a genius and it was interesting to see, how bad guy winning.
>>
>>86891403
That's fair, Japan has a big hard-on for projecting "perfect" characters, especially in Anime, the plot-writing of which is generally an under-the-table-handcrank for fixing the authors' fucked up Jap childhoods.
>>
>>86891367
Two 18 year old bro's casually beating up a girl in broad daylight on the sidewalk in front of school. Typical bullies.
>>
>>86891403
This rote obsession with "flawed" characters is getting really tiring.
>>
File: 1503721602259.gif (1MB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
1503721602259.gif
1MB, 316x320px
>>86891403
>Their goal with the autist was to create a more flawed character because Light was a Gary Stu in the anime

He wasn't, he was very smart but his main flaw was his vanity.

In episode 1 o 2 he commits his first mistake by killing "Lawliett Eliott" and falling right into L's trap by revealing he's in Japan. And the goes on to commit even more mistakes.

Its also implied he was gay YAGAMI = IM A GAY backwards
>>
>>86891403
Whole point of anime/manga was.
Will world be a better place if some genius autistic sperg will get an ultimate weapon?
And world actually changed and become better. Crime rates dropped.
>>
File: that gun.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
that gun.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
what the fuck is this gun?
>>
>>86891403
>Light was a Gary Stu in the anime.

Not really. Light fucked up numerous times in the anime and he was extremely close to get caught by L, the only thing that saved him was the Misa shinigami that decided to kill L for him. Let's not forget that even though Light had an amazing advantage in having a supernatural Death Note that can do pretty much whatever he wants on L, L was always one step ahead of him. The only reason Light really won was because he had plenty of outside supernatural help that L couldn't compete with. And in the end Light lsot to L's legacy so I don't know how all of this makes him a Gary Stu besides being an attractive and intelligent man.
>>
>>86891457
wait is that supposed to be L, whys he holdign a gun
>>
>>86891442
Or maybe the problem is just you and your boring Baby's First Writing 101 mentality that prescribes a checklist that every character has to adhere to.
>>
Watched it yesterday. Apart from some well shot scenes it was fucking horrible. I know adapting a tv series (that was by no mean excellent to start with but still much better than this shit) into a movie is hard. You have to cut things and add your own touches so it's not a shot by shot remake and actually has your stamp on it. But by god, some of the decisions they made were baffling. Light wasnt even really Kira, his girl friend basically was. Light was an anti-hero who eventually tries to stop his gf from killing people. L never dies and it's implied he kills light at the end. Oh, and the ending was just straight up retarded. Jesus fuck Netflix.
>>
>>86887723
>ScarJo had same hairstyle so she looked like Major

top pleb
>>
>>86891403
But Light is deeply flawed, he had such a hard-on for himself that he reveals his location to L just at the beginning of the show. He also made the mistake to trust his minions to do his dirty work as commanded and that backfired.
>>
>>86891451
He was more a smart psychopath than an autist.

L was the autist, he wanted to stop Light because he dislikes changes to his routine.
>>
>>86887694
they did for ghost in a shell, they blamed it on the 'whitewashing controversy' but not the actual whitewashing
>>
>>86891403
>Light was a Gary Stu

Which ultimately led to his downfall. It's amazing how many people don't think arrogance is a character flaw.
>>
>>86891481
>L never dies and it's implied he kills light at the end

This was good and hilarious.
>>
>>86891457
>>86891473
This is what got me really pissed about the movie, L losing by a huge margin and how he decided to kill Light by himself instead of busting him. I think the actor did a good job showing the autism of L, but god damn, why would they make him a beta loser too?
>>
>>86891481
>L never dies and it's implied he kills light at the end

Its also implied he doesn't. The ending is open since they're going to try for a sequel or a series of films
>>
>>86890996
>Genius black sociophobic detective?

Is this a joke or does every race have a strict set of rules with no deviation for personality or individuality?
>>
>>86891507
No it was bad and hilarious. Doesnt fit L's character at all.
>>
>>86891561
>manchild angry about his father figure's death

Nah, made sense
>>
>>86891578
>admits defeat so just tries to kill Light instead
nope
>>
>>86891617
He sperged out. Makes sense.
>>
>>86887661
I think black L did a decent acting job desu. Mia and Light were much worse.
>>
>>86891578
Why is he a man child? Because he eats candy? You're really reaching anon. He's the worlds greatest detective but yeah, he's a man child. Stop spouting buzzwords please.
>>
File: mia.jpg (104KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
mia.jpg
104KB, 1920x802px
This woman is very attractive.
>>
>>86891617
fucking this. Netflix shills gtfo.
>>
>>86891640
Because he's a weird autismo who needs to hear a lullaby to go to sleep
>>
>>86889868
because 1- he had access to the police database through his father and 2- his father didn't die like the other detectives
>>
who the fuck was in charge of casting
>>
>>86891660
But also extremely annoying.
>>
>>86891533
How can both be implied? It's very clearly implied that he kills light at the very end in revenge for killing watari.
>>
>>86887661
why the fuck would they do that you retard, are you seriously that dumb?
>>
>>86891660
eye, eyebrow, lip, teeth and jaw kino
>>
>>86887661
What the fuck?
WE
>>
>>86891660
i want to drink her bathwater
>>
>>86891664
Autism doesn't necessarily make someone a "man child" you retard. Many extremely successful and powerful people are somewhere on the autism spectrum. Again, leave the buzzwords out of your posts.
>>
>>86891093
>"I'm a little ahead of the curve on that subject"
>his office being destroyed
>>
File: mia2.jpg (81KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
mia2.jpg
81KB, 1920x802px
This film has been very poor so far but the director has made the right choice adding many titillating moments with her.
>>
>fans of death note like it for the characters and Light vs. L cat and mouse
>change every single character and make it into an action flick

Gee, I wonder why nobody likes it...
>>
The guy playing L did an alright job until Watari died and he started stealing cars and shit. But that's up to poor directing. They changed everyone's race and no one really looked like their anime counterpart except Ryuk, but performance-wise L's actor was the closest to the source material. Light is a whimpering beta cuck, Mia is more scheming than Light, Light's father is a bitch, and Ryuk is completely out of character besides his appearance. Script writing overall was poor, with major plot points being noticed from a casual first viewing. Makes one wonder if their 40,000,000 dollar budget was spent on quality control or on the anticlimactic ferris wheel scene.

It's better if you watch it as a comedy. That's what I started doing after Light screamed ~10 minutes into the film.
>>
>>86887661
No, they're too afraid we'll write their names
>>
holy shit this is garbage
>>
>>86891672
That's a pretty big fucking leap. It could've easily been any number of people who had access to the police database and were friends with lights dad. How the fuck did L know light had access to the database anyway? Did he just assume because he was smart that he also knew how to hack into a police database? It's been awhile since I watched it but I'm pretty sure in the anime there's much more time and evidence explaining how L knows light is the killer.
>>
>watch the movie
>it was mediocre
>people say the anime is better
>okay, it's on Netflix too, so I'll try it
>cringeworthy anime jap music intro
>a rapist casually says his full name in front of him so he could try the note, how convenient
>that demon appears
>Kira apparently already wrote thousand of names of the note, without explaining to the audience his motivations whatsoever or who are the ones that died
>Kira starts speaking arrogantly about how he already knew the death note comes from a demon and shit
Holy shit that was cringeworthy. The movie had a far better and more nuanced introduction to the story.
>>
Mia having a serial killer fetish is the weirdest part of the film. Reminds me of that IRL couple who killed kids together.
>>
>>86891792
It's clearly meant to be half-way comedic
>>
>>86891818
>there's much more time and evidence explaining how L knows light is the killer.

Not really, maybe after 5 chapters L is 99% sure Light is Kira but he cannot prove it. Then Light wipes his memory and does the keikaku doori and when L finally gets undeniable proof it's too late.
>>
>>86891448
>>86891484
>handsome
>athletic
>everyone likes him
>gets all the bitches
>absolute genius
He's only real flaw was excessive narcissism. From the outset he has his morality set in stone which just causes a lack of development through the course of the series and results in a one dimensional character.
>>
>>86891836
please be b8
>>
>>86891875
And here's more Baby's First Writing 101 stuff. There always has to be "development." Gotta tick that checkbox and follow the manual.
>>
>>86891792
Eh, I thought lights dad did a pretty good job actually. Even if his character didn't match up with the anime, like you said that's more on the director than him. His performance was fine. But yeah, black L was definitely better than white light for whatever that's worth.
>>
>>86891845
See, I didn't expect this going in since everywhere I looked the genres indicated "drama, horror, suspense and thriller" but I agree. I streamed this with some friends today and we all came to the consensus roughly ten minutes in that this should be viewed as a comedy. In that regard, Death Note succeeds. I laughed harder while watching it than I have all week.
>>
Terrible
>>
>>86891905
Until L shows up I think it's also pretty clear the screenwriters wanted to do a teen black comedy with a Death Note. Maybe that was the wrong way to go if they still wanted to include L, but the hilarious shit is gold.
>>
>>86891898
I felt sympathetic for Light's father, but only because he kept going out on a limb for his son who was so clearly Kira. But you're not wrong, he certainly wasn't a bad performance.

On another note, having Watari call Light's personal cell phone to report information about L was the stupidest fucking blunder in the entire film and I'm surprised it was never seized upon by the so-called "greatest detective."
>>
File: fuck me.jpg (87KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
fuck me.jpg
87KB, 1920x802px
>>86891898
If you know that actor he was fully within his abilities. He plays the same half loser man in every single thing he's in. L and Watari seem pretty accurate.

>What would you do if some guy fucked me

ayy
>>
>>86891872
Like I said, it's been a while since I watched it. But come on, you can't say that L figuring out light was the killer made the same amount of sense in the show as it did in the film. They had so much more time to set it up in the show so I can't blame the director too much but I feel like he could've done a bit more. Adam Wingard isn't a bad director but his last couple films have not been good.
>>
>>86891403

>Gary Stu

How? Most people who watch the show absolutely despise him because he's a complete arrogant ass, a liar, a perfectionist, anal retentive, and horribly judgmental.

A Gary Stu is somebody who's always right, but it can be definitively argued that he was wrong and flawed from episode 2 onward.
>>
>>86890996
Would have loved if Light never considered Black L to be L as it is too absurd.
>>
>>86891976
YES! I forgot about that but what the fuck man? The cell phone thing was the biggest blunder of the film possibly. I just assumed he was using a burner phone from 711 but then they imply it's his regular cell phone and I was just shocked they could fuck up that bad.
>>
>>86891875

You mean in the show or the god awful movie?

Did you even watch the fucking show? He gets worse and worse as it goes on, defying every single principle he started out with upholding. The only reason people like him is because he's a liar, and all his lies eventually get found out.

You have a child's understanding of characterization.
>>
>>86891094
>Obha - "I think of him as a quarter Japanese, a quarter English, a quarter Russian, a quarter French or Italian, like that"
>>
>>86891989
Oh I'm not saying that I'm watching it right now. It's been 40 minutes and they still haven't shown Ryuk's face why?
>>
I'm going to fug Mia!
>>
>>86887758
Underrated
>>
File: Death.note.2017.1080p.webrip.jpg (91KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
Death.note.2017.1080p.webrip.jpg
91KB, 1920x802px
At this point it's clear the director just wanted to film her as much as possible. Of all the bad decisions this film has made, this isn't one of them.

>Light going back to killing to hold on to the pussy

I think it's best if I just forget everything to do with the original manga now.
>>
>no potato chip scene
They had one job. It didn't even have to be dramatic. Could've just been him sitting at his desk writing in the note with a bag of Lays chips nearby.

>Light showing Mia the Death Note on the second day just to get pussy
>Ryuk goes from being an interested spectator who likes apples to an intrusive dick who doesn't even eat the apple cores, which is just emblematic of the film's errors in general: it takes the superficial elements of the source, but avoids the core elements that made it good
>Light's keikaku moments saved for the end of the film, comes on the heels of him being retarded for 90 minutes so it feels like a bigger asspull than that time Sasha Grey did the scene with the baseball bat
>L going after Light with a fucking gun despite having inconclusive evidence because muh watari
>Mia being smart enough to manipulate Light, but too dumb to tear the page with Light's name on it out of the book
>Light never simply burning his own page
>the book can achieve final destination levels of elaboration now, even going so far as to detail what happens to inanimate objects surrounding the death scene (eg the paper landing in the fire)
>that inconclusive ending, followed by credits that provide an actor circlejerk rather than even a slight hint at closure

Whoever directed this film can fuck off. I'm glad I pirated this shit.
>>
>>86891875
>From the outset he has his morality set in stone which just causes a lack of development through the course of the series and results in a one dimensional character.

Just like most people in real life?

When have you seen a /pol/ack renounce his neonazi ways?
>>
>>86891895
There is development. Over time he becomes more ruthless and ruthless willing to kill anyone who gets in his way for the smallest shit. At first even though he was willing to make the necessary sacrifices, he wasn't all that.
>>
Oh wait Ryuk killed those people. I don't even know anymore. Mia just told him to kill his dad lol. What the fuck is going on.
>>
File: 2f0.jpg (219KB, 560x577px) Image search: [Google]
2f0.jpg
219KB, 560x577px
>>86891318
>surname in reverse is I AM GAY
Holy shit Ive never noticed that, my fucking sides
>>
WHY IS MIA SMARTER THAN LIGHT
>>
>>86892217
Seems to me that they made the characters total opposite of what they were in the show. I don't know if that was on purpose, but it's one of the dumbest shit I've ever seen. What the fuck did they expect?
>>
>>86892288
>smarter
Just more of a bitch, because she's a bitch
>>
>>86891318
BASED
>>
>>86890342
Surprisingly I think he's the only spot-on character performance.
>>
Both my wife and my ass-slave loved the movie. I'd like a sequel.
>>
isnt he the director who cant finish a single sentence without "you know"?
>>
What happened to that Zac Efron movie that was planned years ago? Did it get replaced with this?
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-26+at+08.48.30).png (2MB, 1544x643px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-26+at+08.48.30).png
2MB, 1544x643px
Isn't this one of the 1000 replica guns from Bladerunner?
>>
>>86892231
This is true. Original Yagami Light starts out wanting to just kill criminals, but by the end he's a ruthless murderer who arguably becomes the thing he meant to destroy. If I recall correctly (everything after L dies is a blur to me) he even writes his own father's name in the book, though his father was on his death bed anyway.

It's ironic, considering netflix-Light turns on Mia instantly at the idea of killing his father to preserve his identity as Kira. Had this been a miniseries instead of a film, we could have marked this unquestioning filial piety as Light's initial line in the sand and compared it to a more ruthless Light in the hypothetical season finale where perhaps Light feels he has no alternative but to put his father's name in the book. Instead we got a film with no sense of progression from any of the characters at all except maybe L, but even his turning point is handled clumsily and its climax is cut short by an ending that leaves much to be desired.

Watari? More like Wataretarded film amirite.
>>
>>86892288
sjw writing
>>
>>86892288
the roles are reversed from the anime, Mia is the manipulative one and Light is the lapdog
>>
>>86887786
>I feel like they'd want to acknowledge that it was a mistake and and let people know they intend to do better in the future.
This. Otherwise people will just assume that they haven't learned anything. Thing is that they probably haven't learned anything.
>>
>>86891771
any screenshots and webms of those scenes?
>>
>>86890839
>Production Budget
That's the thing. Doesn't include the marketing costs and given the franchise value it should have earned more.
>>
File: AmericanPsycho.jpg (43KB, 614x336px) Image search: [Google]
AmericanPsycho.jpg
43KB, 614x336px
>>86891984
The american version of Light should be like a younger verion of dubsguy with less mania and more scheming.
>>
>>86892395
Until the ending at least, when it's revealed that Light had all these crazy tricks up his sleeve. But since it happens after an entire film of him making blunders and fucking up like a retard, the keikaku moment doesn't feel genuine at all. Honestly the ending scene and the rest of the film felt like they were written by two different people, because you're right -- Light is a lapdog through most of the film. He's introduced doing other people's homework for them when he's not getting his face punched in. But suddenly by the end there's a 180 and it comes out of nowhere.
>>
WHY IS LIGHT SUCH A KEK
>>
>>86890931
>>86890943
They are White if you look at the facial structure.
>>
File: rain mia.jpg (59KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
rain mia.jpg
59KB, 1920x802px
They made Near and Mello's backstory L's.

Light's Death note in this movie has every single rule written down in it and it looks like he never bothered to read it.

>>86892439
I can't be bothered to stop it to make webms.
>>
>>86892468
They are not white and their facial structures are not human.
>>
L's character was decent desu
>>
>>86892455
Had the same impression. I think it was even pretty uncharacteristic for movie-Light to kill Mia. Felt like they had to shove in that "keikaku" moment.
>>
>>86892483
>he didn't even read the rules
>skimmed through them
Honestly, besides the part at the beginning where he's doing other people's homework for them, where is it actually shown that Light is a smart kid. People call him smart throughout the film but where is it actually shown, because I never saw it.
>>
>>86887661
It was great. I didnt expect it to please autistic anime purist
>>
>>86892495
Light
>Light brown hair
>not white

>>86892495
>L
>specifically said he is Briitsh
>wide eyes
>not white

Yep.. kill yourself.
>>
Ryuk has threatened to kill him at least 5 times now.
>>
>>86892512
>>86892455
It wasn't even a keikaku thing.

It was just the bare minimum needed to stay alive.
>>
>>86892534
Light brown hair in anime does not indicate whiteness.

>specifically said he is Briitsh
Maybe he is. And so what? Nobody said there are no white characters in anime. He still doesn't look white though.

>Yep.. kill yourself.
You first, /pol/ subhuman retard.
>>
Oh wow, he didn't even know Mia hid the Death Note for him.

You guys are implying a keikakuu doori is coming at the end; if there is one there is now way that this version of Light is behind it.
>>
>>86892566
This, he scrawled it out in a panic when the cops stormed the school.
>>
File: 1456004307428.jpg (191KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1456004307428.jpg
191KB, 640x640px
>>86887661
they'll delete all the bad reviews like they did with Amy Schumer
>>
>>86892596
Where is Amy I miss her.
>>
>>86892539
i think the cardinal sin is how badly they mischaracterized ryuk, they got willem dafoe to play him and just made the character completely and utterly wrong

that being said almost all of the characters were portrayed wrong
>>
Why did they make this a movie? Why not a television series given how much narrative there is to cover in the anime/manga?
>>
>>86892621
Every character is opposite of what they were in the anime except L up until watari died.
>>
>>86892578
>Light brown hair in anime does not indicate whiteness.
In the anime and in the manga, retard. Where have you seen a light brown haired Japanese guy (natural hair)?

>Maybe he is. And so what? Nobody said there are no white characters in anime. He still doesn't look white though.
This fucking retard... It's a drawn anime, of course he doesn't look "realistic". But it's quite obvious he is white.

>You first, /pol/ subhuman retard.
The irony.
>>
>be light's dad
>have a son who'd be all alone if I died because my wife got shot or something
>tracking a killer who can reportedly kill with a name and a face
>go on fucking television broadcasting my name and my face while taunting this killer
>basically try to commit suicide on live television
What a fucked up thing to do, honestly.

Also why the fuck did they have to make Light have a tragic backstory? The U.S. has school shooters every day who didn't fit the bill at all. This wouldn't be any different. The terrifying aspect from the Japanese source material hinged on the notion that even a wildly successful and brilliant person like Light could lose their way when given power. This film doesn't have any of that, it just feels like a beaten down kid lashing out.

Oh man and that scene where the guy knocks L unconscious because "muh lord kira" should've just been a concerned citizen thinking he was beating down a mugger in an alley. It should've happened right as L said he was a detective. They could've had all their great social commentary and it would've been funny as fuck.
>>
>>86892652
Anime characters are not real people, retard.

>This fucking retard
Yes you are.

>But it's quite obvious he is white.
It's quite obvious he isn't, retard.

>The irony.
There is no irony, /pol/ subhuman retard.
>>
>>86892656
come on man, that wasn't even a bad part of the movie it was a classic L play

that being said the part about making Light downtrodden and having a hard life was pretty awful
>>
>>86892288
except she wasnt? When light found out she had written his name on the page, he immediately concocted a plan with his death note, and it worked. She died. She lost.
>>
It is strange that literally nobody in the school cares that the popular cheerleader has started dated the loser boy.

Fucking hell Ryuk is a complete cunt in this. He's not even pretending to be neutral. It's like the whole film he's extremely pissed off that Light found the note.
>>
File: 294px-Reinhard_8[1].jpg (53KB, 294x220px) Image search: [Google]
294px-Reinhard_8[1].jpg
53KB, 294x220px
>>86892688
And nobody is arguing they are real, we're arguing over whether they represent white people or not. Does this in the picture look white to you? It does to me, whether he is real, drawn or not, he looks white. Now kill yourself.

>Yes you are
The irony

>It's quite obvious he isn't, retard
The autist keeps projecting.

>There is no irony, /pol/ subhuman retard.
The irony.
>>
>>86892749
he had spiderman bed sheets and willem dafoe saw them
>>
>>86887661

Come on everyone, let's be real here.

No one really cares that Light is a white guy.

But why does L have to be black?
>>
>>86892652
Who said his hair are supposed to be real? Half of japanese dudes bleach their hair.
>>86892764
This character is white, kek, he even has a German name.
>>
File: saliva.jpg (57KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
saliva.jpg
57KB, 1920x802px
So the director has also decided he's tired of Light and that Mia should be the main character after all.

Again, while this is a travesty compared to the original work, I'm all for it right now.
>>
>>86892792
L was the only thing somehow loyal to the original work, played the autismo part flawleslly. He got ruined after the whole Watari thing tho.
>>
>>86892824
Mia is dead.
>>
File: 1503688931125.png (202KB, 1280x546px) Image search: [Google]
1503688931125.png
202KB, 1280x546px
>>86887661
acknowledge what? the film was literally perfect anime kino
>>
it's an adaptation, not a remake

the movie sucks dick, but not because it's different from the animu
>>
>>86887694
/v/ related, but SquareEnix did it with FFXIV.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150322190100/http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=c499e4c5df4f3f0fde1fb47a28574cb9c3991c9f
>>
>>86892715
L pulled that stunt twice in the source material. Once, under the disguise of Lind L Tailor, a convicted death row inmate who read a script for him. And then (after Lind was killed on air, something that should have happened in this adaptation) a second time behind a screen with the letter L on it. L was never that reckless before he learned how Kira killed, and afterwards he only became more cautious. What Light's father did was suicidal and hardly beneficial given what they knew at the time.

The Lind L. Tailor scene REALLY needed to be in this film because it helped L establish three things: 1. that Kira was willing to kill any opposition, 2. That Kira required a name and a face, and 3. the relative location of Kira, due to the recording taking place in a single area at a time. By cutting that moment out, we basically get L piecing together Kira's location, kill method and motivation from almost nothing.
>>
>>86892764
This guy is german and you are comparing him to a japanese guy with japanese parents with japanese last names. Only whites in Death Note are L and people related to him, the rest of them are asian.
>>
>>86892830
>flawlessly

ok let's not go crazy here. Hes one of the better parts of the film but flawlessly? Not even close m8.
>>
>>86887805
http://www.webcitation.org/6agPFWbwa?url=http://www.1up.com/features/ffxiv-interview-phoenix-fallen-mmo
https://web.archive.org/web/20150809195600/http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/05/meet-the-man-who-redeemed-final-fantasy
>>
I'm going to rape Mia!
>>
>>86892764
Not all anime characters look identical and there are some that are made to look white. We are speaking generally. Fucking retard.

> Now kill yourself.
You first, piece of fucking shit /pol/tard fuckface retard. Fucking subhuman degenerate.

>The autist keeps projecting.
You are the autist, fucking retard.

>The irony
There was no irony, fucking retard.

>The irony.
There was no irony, fucking retard.

Just fucking delete /pol/ already. It's fucking cancer.
>>
>>86892887
Yeah maybe flawlessly is a strong word for this movie. My bad.
>>
>>86892869
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koLA6IPA1nw
Leaving this out was such a mistake.
>>
>>86887729
>>86887790
Now this is shitposting.
>>
File: 1.png (343KB, 724x508px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
343KB, 724x508px
>>86892820
>Who said his hair are supposed to be real? Half of japanese dudes bleach their hair.

Yeah, Light is that type of guy who would give enough of a fuck to dye his hair. The guy was majorly depressed at the start of the series, to think he would dye his hair for some reason is utterly moronic.

>This character is white, kek, he even has a German name.

Of course he is white. L is white. Light has white facial features and that's it. That's what we're arguing over - whether anime characters appear to be white
>>86892872
Fuck off retard, what started the argument is whether characters in manga/animes appear to be white, not if their ethnicity was Japanese or whatever.

>>86892922
Yes, we're speaking generally, and generally anime characters are represented as white.

>You first, piece of fucking shit /pol/tard fuckface retard. Fucking subhuman degenerate.
Kill yourself.

>You are the autist, fucking retard.
The irony.

>There was no irony, fucking retard.
The irony.

>There was no irony, fucking retard.
The irony.

>Just fucking delete /pol/ already. It's fucking cancer.
Kill yourself already.
>>
>>86892994
>enerally anime characters are represented as white.
No they are not you fucking dumbfuck piece of fucking subhuman dogshit.

>Kill yourself.
YOU KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING CUNT. PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT. SUBHUMAN RETARD. MORON. FUCKING IDIOT.
>>
>>86893013
>No they are not you fucking dumbfuck piece of fucking subhuman dogshit.

Your delusions. Anime characters are represented as white. Get over it, you fat autist.

>YOU KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING CUNT. PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT. SUBHUMAN RETARD. MORON. FUCKING IDIOT.

Get. The. Rope. Right. Now.
>>
>>86891004
And it's hard to believe every time.
>>
>>86893042
>Anime characters are represented as white.
THEY ARE NOT WHITE YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT SUBHUMAN CUNT RETARD.

>Get over it, you fat autist.
KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING RETARD. FUCKING SUBHUMAN POL SCUM.
>>
>>86890996
So it's realistic for Light because he's a beta cuck who does anything for pussy and never really stands out?

Stop hating the whites, anon.
>>
>>86891094
Everyone is white when it suits /pol/, anon. Just let it go.
>>
>>86893071
>THEY ARE NOT WHITE YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT SUBHUMAN CUNT RETARD.

They are. This is how a Japanese person that has Japanese characteristics gets portrayed. Notice the difference?

>KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING RETARD. FUCKING SUBHUMAN POL SCUM.
Now tie that rope around your neck.
>>
>>86893140
THEY ARE NOT WHITE YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING SUBHUMAN. FUCKING RETARD MORON FUCKFACE CUNT.
>>
>>86892994
>Fuck off retard, what started the argument is whether characters in manga/animes appear to be white, not if their ethnicity was Japanese or whatever.

Anime characters appear to be anime characters, /pol/ has rotten your brain.
>>
>>86892869
>the relative location of Kira, due to the recording taking place in a single area at a time.
That doesn't work anymore, unless they manages to get it right on the first time.
Some autist would notice two guys coming up on TV claiming to be super detective L.
>>
>>86893161
>>86893140
This samefagging is just sad, anon.

Anyway, why does /pol/ get so triggered when they see a black man? Talk about sensitive people, huh. I hope they keep doing it, love to see y'all getting buttblasted.
>>
>>86893199
FUCK OFF WITH THIS FUCKING SAMEFAGGING MEME YOU FUCKING MORON. FUCKING GODDAMN FUCKING RETARD.
>>
How did Light find out Watari's name?
How did L pin the salute kill to Kira?
I didn't like L's introduction, he didn't feel smart or special at all.
The ending was ok but at a level of planning Light reached in 3 episodes in the anime.
The best shit about Death Note was seeing two geniuses go at each other, the movie made Light and idiot so all that was left was the note and waifu.
Overall 5/10, I've seen much worse.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (893KB, 1077x1600px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
893KB, 1077x1600px
>>86893161
100% Japanese right there.

>>86893168
Wtf is an "anime character"? Anime characters are based on real life facial features, specifically white ones. It's not my fault that your autistic brain can't process that information

>>86893199
Another delusional cunt joins the show.
>>
>>86887661
TV apologize
this shit is really good
not kidding
>>
File: we cannot let this slip.jpg (98KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
we cannot let this slip.jpg
98KB, 1920x802px
>Actor very clearly slips on the counter he's running on top of
>cut to next shot, he's fine landed perfectly

lol
>>
File: 1495395920861.png (532KB, 1597x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1495395920861.png
532KB, 1597x1600px
So, is this the shitty movie that ends up outing /pol/lacks on /tv/?
Clever move, Netflix.
>>
>>86891537
Black or Abo is just too unrealistic. Most other races would be at least somewhat believable.
>>
File: deathnote.png (2MB, 2560x1040px) Image search: [Google]
deathnote.png
2MB, 2560x1040px
>synthwave music starts playing
>>
>>86893255
FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING RETARD CUNT SUBHUMAN PIECE OF SHIT. ANIME CHARACTERS ARE NOT WHITE YOU FUCKING SUBHUMAN.
>>
File: RAIKU WAITO PPR.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
RAIKU WAITO PPR.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>86893161
Anime characters just happen to look caucasian my dude. Even Japs are self aware of this. Nothing to get triggered about.
>>
>>86893291
wow, calm your tits
>>
>>86891093
they literally say in the movie that all the cops love kira and they hate Turner senior because he was looking into Kira being a cop. They destroy his office because of how much they hate him
>>
>>86893298
THEY DO NOT LOOK CAUCASIAN YOU FUCKING MORON SUBHUMAN RETARD PIECE OF SHIT. FUCKING CUNT ASSHOLE FUCKING RETAD MORON IDIOT PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT.
>>
File: 1503691540339.jpg (72KB, 960x686px) Image search: [Google]
1503691540339.jpg
72KB, 960x686px
Movie sucked but I do love white boy's tears.
>>
>>86893291
Get over it.
>>
>>86893343
FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT
>>
File: mouth1.jpg (91KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
mouth1.jpg
91KB, 1920x802px
Mia mouth is always very wet.
>>
>>86887661
People are autistic as fuck, this isn't supposed to be a 1:1 copy of the manga, it's an american adaptation of the events. The casting is great.
>>86887729
It's alright, people will bitch about everything.
>>
>>86893247
1. Light's dad tells him about watari and L
2. They were looking into the earliest incedents of "strange" behaviour following sudden deaths of criminals. They suspsected the salute guy was on drugs at first, which is why he was acting wierd. but the toxicology report said he was clean, so L deducted that it must've been Kira. This is also further enforced because after said suspicion, L leaks details about small time criminals on small websites with seattle local internet traffic only, and Kira ended up killing those people.
>>
>>86893361
she needs a dick in there
>>
File: PolWatchingDessuNotto.png (207KB, 686x355px) Image search: [Google]
PolWatchingDessuNotto.png
207KB, 686x355px
/pol/ faggots on suicide alert
>>
File: mouth2.jpg (93KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
mouth2.jpg
93KB, 1920x802px
>>86893374
Maybe I will webm this scene after all. The mouth is full of saliva.
>>
>>86887661
?
At most they will release a statement saying it was not diverse enough and how it's audience fault
>>
File: 1502391869941.png (127KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
1502391869941.png
127KB, 500x319px
L was the best part of this shitty adaptation just wish he was /fit/ though
>>
>>86887661
>everyone judges it based on the anime they barely like or from the criticism of people who watched the anime that barely liked it

The movie was actually really good. Don't listen to the critics and especially not weeaboos. I've seen the anime series, but not even I am convinced that the series could be adapted in a way that would feel exactly like the original anime.

I don't know what people were expecting regarding a series with THIRTY SEVEN FUCKING EPISODES to be condensed into a 2hr long film, but clearly people are as retarded as you can always expect them to be.

>>86887994
>writes his name in the death note at the end

nice speculation there bro.
>>
>>86893352
When are you going to kill yourself?
>>
>>86891443
>Typical bullies

Is this an american thing? I've known bullies who've been in prison during high school, yet they have never laid a finger on any chick.
>>
>>86893466
you aren't even considered a "bully" in american schools if you don't beat up woman and carry a gun.
>>
>>86887994
But he doesn't. It's left to interpretation. Imagine the whole cat in the box thing. There's a chance he did, chance he didn't. I believe he didn't because he loosened his grip on the pen he was about to write with and never actually put it to paper.
>>
>>86893255
White people don't have white hair either.
>>
File: 1495628754813.jpg (34KB, 602x452px) Image search: [Google]
1495628754813.jpg
34KB, 602x452px
>>86893255
>Wtf is an "anime character"?
A cartoon made by japanese animation.

Also nice job posting Griffith who is a character from an anime based on Europe's medieval fantasy. There is white people in anime, but not all anime characters are white as you are trying to prove. That has to be the most stupid thought I've seen in this site along with ''everyone with black hair is actually subhuman''.
>>
>>86893493
jesus man, and I thought the sexism meme was just /pol/ banter, turns out the feminists were right all along
>>
>>86893478

Holy shit my dude get a grip
>>
File: rips in piece.jpg (179KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
rips in piece.jpg
179KB, 1920x802px
What the hell there's no way this manipulated retard pulled all this off.

This is a really fucking bad song they are using right now for this explanation.
>>
>>86893617
FUCK OFF FUCKING SUBHUMAN POL PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>86887661
>Be L
>Be a nignog
>rage like an ape
>pull out a laser gun, tryin' to put that cracka ass light in prison
>get whacked in the head by a bystander, because it looks like you're robbing the guy
>>
That's the end?

Overall I'll give it a 3/10. I very much enjoyed watching Margaret Qualley's face but it was not enough to save the rest of the movie.
>>
>>86893478
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>86893516
Never said they are fully white, I said they resemble white people and are based on them. Get it?

>86893561
>A cartoon made by japanese animation.
Based and inspired by white facial features.

>Also nice job posting Griffith who is a character from an anime based on Europe's medieval fantasy. There is white people in anime, but not all anime characters are white as you are trying to prove. That has to be the most stupid thought I've seen in this site along with ''everyone with black hair is actually subhuman''.

I can post this shit all day. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how many mental gymnastics you do to "explain" it, Japanese anime characters are based on white people and you can notice a pretty stark difference when you see an anime character with japanese facial features compared to anime character with white features.
>>
>>86893684

I'm a different anon, just letting you know that you're coming off as completely unhinged
>>
>>86888031

What would be the cause of death?
>>
>>86893722
PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT CUNT FUCKFACE ASSHOLE MORON RETARD SUBHUMAN.

>>86893723
FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT HE IS THE FUCKING ONE WHO IS FUCKING PUSHING POL PROPAGANDA HERE AND YOU ARE FUCKING BLAMING ME FUCK YOU
>>
>>86893722
>>Never said they are fully white, I said they resemble white people and are based on them. Get it?
Depends on the anime, most don't have a realistic style and have plenty of Japanese characters with impossible hair/eye colours.
They just have them all white because they like fair skin, but eastern asians can have fair skin too.

>Japanese anime characters are based on white people and you can notice a pretty stark difference when you see an anime character with japanese facial features compared to anime character with white features.
Absolutely wrong. In most anime the only difference between Japanese characters and foreigners is that the foreigners are always blonde and that's supposed to be weird despite the nips having even weirder hair colours.
You should watch more anime other than the garbage shounenshit you seem to like.
>>
>>86893749
Debt for Hetflix, no more shekels for Hollywood
>>
>>86889912
The anime is a mediocre adaptation.

>>86890023
>Also, it's a kid's movie

So just like the original manga/anime?
>>
>>86887991
>customers
Kek almost none of you idiots even pay for your fucking subscriptions get real you fucking leech
>>
File: MIAA.jpg (111KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
MIAA.jpg
111KB, 1920x802px
And the last shot of the film is of Mia spinning in a room.

I'm 100% convinced the director uses all shot footage of her for fap material.

It was mostly bad, but I did like that first confrontation between L and Light in the diner. L's line of I don't carry a gun I find them distracting was good until like 15 minutes later where he grabs what looks like his personal gun and then goes on a street chase with it.
>>
Masking your face like that doesn't help you... seriously, couldn't read the fucking source material at least before making this shit?
>>
File: 512512.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
512512.png
29KB, 633x758px
WHERE THE FUCK WAS THE 12D CHESS GAME?
Light was a beta loser till the fucking end, and even in the end, his plot was a little too superficial. And still lost to L.
Pathetic. Light totally owned L in the anime with a stupendous 12D chess game.
>>
File: kakegurui.png (4MB, 2358x1314px) Image search: [Google]
kakegurui.png
4MB, 2358x1314px
/a/ here
this movie is shit
netflix is shit
your entire board is shit

bai.
>>
>>86893781
>Depends on the anime, most don't have a realistic style and have plenty of Japanese characters with impossible hair/eye colours.
Examples?

>Absolutely wrong. In most anime the only difference between Japanese characters and foreigners is that the foreigners are always blonde and that's supposed to be weird despite the nips having even weirder hair colours.
You should watch more anime other than the garbage shounenshit you seem to like.

Care to give me examples of these Japanese characters you like to talk about?

>Berserk
>Vagabond
>shounen shit

Kill yourself.
>>
File: disgusting-lesbian.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting-lesbian.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
>>86893943
This is Toshino Kyouko.
She's a Japanese character born and raised in Japan.
She has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Berserk and Vagabond are entry-level shit, watch more anime.
>>
Anime characters are not white looking but they're not chink either. They're basically slavs, they have white people features but a rounder mongol face with smaller noses and jaws.

Of course there are genuinely looking japanese characters(fairly common in seinen manga since a lot of them have a style that's more realistic) and characters like Reinhard that are obviously white.

Then there's things like the Aku no Hana anime, literally how japanese people look yet nobody liked the artstyle which shows that anime characters are not japanese looking

>>86893781
> but eastern asians can have fair skin too.
To be honest that's because japanese/chinese/korean have a culture about not getting sun to get paler skin, if you go to the beach in Japan most girls cover themselves or don't go into the sun too much.

If you let them in the sun they get like a SEAsian
>>
>>86892287
Not even true, baka asuka
>>
>>86890931
Most anime characters actually have the cheek and jawbones of an Asian but other features of the head, like eyes, mouth and hair, are more ambiguous to white. It's why both sides find it easy to relate.
>>
Autism: the thread.
>>
Light's surname backwards is "i'm a gay".

just sayin'
>>
>>86893993
Stfu weaboo. Your "deep shit" is probably some slice of life moe trash.
>>
>>86887661
Has anyone noticed how similar those two look?
>>
>>86887661
What? No, what the fuck? no

Don't be stupid.
>>
File: Swag.png (79KB, 617x663px) Image search: [Google]
Swag.png
79KB, 617x663px
Movie was pretty good for an americanized version of Death Note.
>>
>>86894170
biggest bullshit excuse i ever saw
>>
Anime characters look like grey aliens who often more closely resemble Caucasians than they do east Asians, but they have Jap names so they're Japanese. Weird culture.
>>
>>86894089
>Most anime characters actually have the cheek and jawbones of an Asia
How is that?. Mongoloids generally have round face shapes. Not angular.
>>
>>86893840
> I wonder who's behind this post.jpg
nigger edition.
>>
>>86894204
>Light was retarded because Americans are retarded.

Makes sense to me.
>>
anime characters are a mix of asian and white

aka NOT niggers
>>
File: 15026661538371.jpg (131KB, 816x404px) Image search: [Google]
15026661538371.jpg
131KB, 816x404px
>>86894204
>"Japan and America are different."
>IT'S A CONSPIRACY
>>
It was great. Better than the anime actually. Only tryhards will deny it.
>>
>>86894214
>posting bait from 2ch
kek
>>
>>86893923
> expecting them to shove 20 episodes of 30D chess into an hour and a half movie.
> expecting a mainstream american audience to follow along coherently.

Light was a beta to begin with.
>>
>>86894314
Is that Asian Joe Rogan and Alex Jones?
>>
The problem wasnt the characters or their race. It was the film itself which was just a very general idea of the death note. There was no genius level games being played. No cat and mouse traps and escapes. Alot of the movie was bogged down by teen drama and father relationship.

Movie could easily be mistaken for a teen drama movie with the death note just tacked on the love life of light. Not like a police drama where L is using clues and evidence to trap Kira and make him reveal himself.

So the american isnt the problem, its that the directors and producers were creatively retarded and couldnt understand how to use the source material to the fullest.
>>
>>86887729
>identifying as a political euclidean
You're like a little baby
>>
>>86893700
>hail lord Kira
>>
>>86894395
no, both were problems
>>
>>86894395
The writers clearly wanted to do a teen horror comedy with this. That's not an altogether bad thing and I think the strongest parts of the movie are when it sticks to that vision.

But it shoots itself in the foot by including shit that NEEDS to be smartly portrayed.
>>
>>86891740
T. Autist
>>
Why did they film the scene where light meets Ryuk like a slapstick comedy?
>>
>>86887661

this movie made remember why millennials should be gassed
>>
>>86890827
>this was common sense.

F
>>
>>86891318
What the hell, is that supposed to be a dick bulge or are his buttcheeks in front?
>>
When they purposefully fuck up casting for the sake of diversity it's obviously going to be a cluster fuck of other shit decisions.

The Fantastic 4 film, for example.
Black human torch. Call everyone who disagrees racist. Surprisingly the entire enterprise is shit.
>>
>>86891046
A seceret lover
>>
>>86894699
Black L was the least shitty thing about the movie.
>>
>>86890985
They literally did the MMM WATCHA SAAAAAY thing in the climax
>>
>>86894815
I'm saying it's a good warning sign.
As soon as you knew L was black you could reliably say the whole thing was going to be trash.
>>
>>86888232

So much fucking this.

You got several adaptations to choose from. Pick one.
>>
File: 1492904592335.jpg (20KB, 482x356px) Image search: [Google]
1492904592335.jpg
20KB, 482x356px
>>86891318
>Surname is Turner like the kid from Fairly Oddparents
>>
>>86890023

This. I seriously wasn't expecting that level of violence. I loved how Ryuk was never completely shown either in the light.
>>
>>86891473
Because he's a nigger. He also steals a police car and recklessly drives it around GTA style. No, I'm not memeing
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.