[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't anyone like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: Capture.png (116KB, 759x356px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
116KB, 759x356px
Why didn't anyone like this?
>>
>>86884670
Death Note benefits from director Adam Wingard's distinctive eye and a talented cast, but they aren't enough to overcome a fatally overcrowded canvas.
>>
>>86884670
Dafoe was god tier as Ryuk and bLack does his best to try make it work. But ultimately the script, dialogue and the other actors are such a level of shit, they sink the whole thing to rock bottom
>>
>>86884670
needed 90% more god of death guy and 100% less girl
>>
>>86884670
need more black people and yassss slay queen
>>
Because Light is a pussy school shooter faggot
Mia was more like the real kira
And L is a fucking nigger that no matter how hard you try you just cant take him seriously even despite how good a voice he does
>>
>>86884840
>Mia was more like the real kira
Would people have been accepting of the movie as its own thing if they had went all the way with this and shocked the audience by killing Light off halfway through and finished the story with Mia in the Kira role?
>>
Because it wasn't full of memes like eating potato chips and keikaku doori. Just a beta school shooter using a diary.
>>
>>86884670
41%'s a high score
>>
File: 9.jpg (16KB, 333x279px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
16KB, 333x279px
rottentomatoes? more like rottenapples amirite
>>
Does anyone else think Zack Snyder would have been the perfect director for a Death Note movie?
>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TURNER
Holy shit, more like 4flix
>>
>>86884670
Honestly I was expecting it to be much worse, I was expecting it to be unwatchable, terrible dumpster fire and it was just bad. it was mildly entertaining in some parts. I already knew going in it wasn't going to respect the source material. So I am less offended by this then I was for Ghost in the Shell.
>>
As a racist /pol/ spaz... L did really well... all things considered.
>>
>>86885123
kik
>>
File: 1503693196481.jpg (290KB, 2048x833px) Image search: [Google]
1503693196481.jpg
290KB, 2048x833px
>>
Does the clown creature act well
>>
>>86885155
This. And I just want to take this opportunity to mention that, as a former Trump supporter, blumpf is absolutely finished. Seriously guys, we can't let this maniac get the nuclear codes.
>>
because weeb shit is at it's end
>>
>>86885387
What will rise next? Claymation?
>>
File: chad.png (85KB, 430x574px) Image search: [Google]
chad.png
85KB, 430x574px
>>86885302
based chad poster
>>
>>86885403
is that like clayfighter?
>>
>>86884670
In convinced it's anime fanboys. Why even trust RT in the first place? I never watched the cartoon yet I liked the movie. There was nothing to hate.
>>
>>86885435
Are you dumb dumb? No reply to me
>>
>>86885303
Yes but cinema illiterates are triggered that it's in darkness every scene it creeps in
>>
File: 1503692041863.jpg (1MB, 2000x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1503692041863.jpg
1MB, 2000x1070px
>phenomenal cinematography and visual motifs

>killer synth soundtrack

>Great actting all round

My favourite film of 2017 so far. Up there with BvS in terms of being misunderstood by critics.
>>
>>86885499
Why does L wear a hijab now?
>>
>>86884670

>WE WUZ L

>horrible casting on all sides

>americanized "anime"

hmm
>>
>>86884670
Weebs are angry because Nat Wolff is 3 inches taller than their Yagami
>>
>>86885477
poo poo pee pee
>>
I liked it, BUT
Some of the story elements were fucking terrible.
It shouldve been a miniseries
>>
>>86885302
>surname in reverse is I AM GAY
wew
>>
>>86885593
Ree
>>
Can you imagine how hilarious this would've been if they used the original's soundtrack? Like dramatic choir and orchestra everywhere as Light is screaming like a little girl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKF4hD3cpUc
>>
>>86885155
As a racist /pol/ spaz I refuse to watch this lest any company think it is acceptable to blackwash a character.
>>
>>86885516
Who the fuck knows? He actually wore the regular L outfit for one scene and then went back to his Hot Topic clothes
>>
>>86885499
I guess it depends on what is important to you in your movies. I had no complains visual style, I didn't care about these characters. a movie like this is really the focus should be on the characters. I can't say they did that right, even if you ignore the source the material. For who those characters are, What we are given here wasn't good enough.
>>
>>86885657
It should have been a full season. And Ryuk looked weird so the whole thing should have been animated.
>>
>>86885674
fuck off with your false flag
>>
>>86884670
The audience score is always much more accurate than the RT meter
>>
>>86885674
Despite that being a stupid reason not to watch a movie, you're not missing much.
>>
>>86885723
It's not a false flag. I don't watch nigger shit. I haven't seen a Marvel movie in a long time because of this.
>>
>>86885531
>Nat Wolff
Seriously? The little faggot from Naked Brothers Band is Light? Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>86885795
>Being this butthurt

The funny part is you think you're some sort member of the last bastion of civilization when an overwhelming majority will tell you you're batshit insane. Continue to live like a retard avoiding things because someone in is browner or speaks a different language than you. The well adjusted will continue to actually matter and enjoy life.
>>
>>86885745
If you're a pleb moron
>>
>>86884670
Because Death Note has one of the most cancerous fanbases in existence, and anything that isn't an exact copy of their 2deep4u masterpiece is automatically shit
>>
>>86884670
muh whitewashing is not a measurement of quality
>>
>>86884670
WE WUZ ANIME N SHEIIIIT
>>
>>86884670
It's missing the whole lot of things.

Light is almost forced to use the DN for the first time. There's no mystery, no doubt if the notebook really works. Ryuk tells him exactly what to do. He's convinced by someone else to do it, the urge to kill doesn't come from his curiosity.

Anime did it way better. Just watch (ignore first 10 sec):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENAHlgd6A7U

Plus it's overstylised in many cases. I didn't like the death scenes in slo-mo. It would be more impactful if Light saw effects of DN in news, paper, heard from people or saw them from real perspective. Eh...

I kind of liked it, but it's a lost potential. No funny Light-Ryuk conversations, no ambiguity, everything's feels very rushed. The L was good and quite convincing.
>>
>>86886291
You know, Ive seen many sites complain about whitewashing in this film. Yet in a lot of online communities, everyones distaste to the casting comes from black L.
>>
I think it's a decent film with the death note in it as a plot device

But it's not a good death note film, it doesn't appeal to the same people as the source anime does
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.