[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK IT, ILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY IT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 42

File: light-l-netflix-dn_orig.jpg (168KB, 1051x800px) Image search: [Google]
light-l-netflix-dn_orig.jpg
168KB, 1051x800px
This was a good movie, just not a good DEATH NOTE movie.
>>
Is it rated so lowly because butthurt weaboo faggot self hating whites didn't think it was japanese enough or is it actually bad?
>>
>>86872249
a solid 6/10... imo
>>
Just started watching
>Light is a loser
>Shows death note to Misa/Mia to get some pussy

Completely out of character
>>
File: C7YKB-0U0AMTh0d.jpg (71KB, 640x458px) Image search: [Google]
C7YKB-0U0AMTh0d.jpg
71KB, 640x458px
>>86872249
Even as a death note movie I enjoyed it

Just slightly less than the japanese version
>>
>>86872249
>This was a good movie
You're right, you are the first to say that.
>>
Do you play videogames?
>>
I actually feel tempted to watch it for some reason, unlike GitS. Probably won't though.
>>
A solid 3/10 movie.
>>
>>86872249
It was decent to good.
The good: good acting, good but convoluted story, amazing cinematography.
The bad: some bland characters, the score, too rushed.
6/10.
>>
File: IMG_5479.jpg (41KB, 251x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5479.jpg
41KB, 251x375px
>(thing) is a good (x), but not a good (y)
>>
>>86872249
Why does L look like every black dbz fan ive ever seen. Does he do the naruto run in the movie too?
>>
>>86872299
I was thinking this exactly. If you ignore how completely different it is from the source material, it isn't awful. It's not very good either, just perfect mediocrity.
>>
It could have been a good high school movie that has a death note in it, but the introduction of L and the Kira subplot really hampers the movie.

Cutting those out would have made it more decent.
>>
File: king for a day.jpg (164KB, 1200x1080px) Image search: [Google]
king for a day.jpg
164KB, 1200x1080px
Does Light at least turn into a twisted fucking psychopath by the end or does he stay a beta lawful neutral faggot till the end?
>>
>>86872460
He's just a teen. And L kills him with a stolen Death Note page.
>>
>>86872424
He actually does something pretty close to it during the big chase scene at the end.
>>
File: bullet to the head.png (797KB, 828x703px) Image search: [Google]
bullet to the head.png
797KB, 828x703px
>>86872480
>And L kills him with a stolen Death Note page.
>>
>>86872541
Seriously, change all the names and get rid of the half assed (and rushed in this version) god plot, and it's a pretty good Death Note "tale".
>>
File: 1503465620814.jpg (63KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
1503465620814.jpg
63KB, 640x853px
>>86872496
>big chase scene

Goddamn every time I read something new about it Im just more and more disappointed and astonished that it could be ruined any more.
>>
>>86872580
I just wanted to watch Light be some cold and calculating mother fucker. Even if he is a bitch the first half of the movie, turning him into a psychopath would have been fun.
>>
>>86872580
>Seriously, change all the names and get rid of the half assed (and rushed in this version) god plot, and it's a pretty good Death Note "tale".
This could have improved it a lot. If you're going to make something so different then pitch it as a different movie set in the Death Note universe. L was even kind of unnecessary, he could have been a regular detective. I don't get why you'd base a movie on something and then change everything about it.
>>
>>86872638
I like that he isn't because the core of this movie is completely different. I honestly don't know why they kept the things they kept, because it makes the movie worse.

If you change the outright core of a story, you need to follow suit, and the biggest problem with this movie is that it didn't follow suit. It's not about some sociopathic chessmaster teen, it's about an "average" teen and his dysfunctional relationship and how things get worse because of the Note.

That, as its own thing, is a good enough premise for a Death Note set movie. But they keep the "Kira" and "global scale" stuff and it becomes nonsense.
>>
>>86872295
Bad. The writing is retarded.
>>
>>86872686
Exactly. There are bits and pieces of this movie that work, but once L comes into the forefront those get rarer.

Them bickering in the Ferris Wheel would have been a great moment in a movie that knew what it wanted to be.
>>
File: Death Note Kino.jpg (1MB, 2000x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Death Note Kino.jpg
1MB, 2000x1070px
looks beautiful

film feels very experimental at times
>>
The movie can never be as good/deep/detailled as the original. That's a fact and all these weeaboo whining cunts should just go back and watch the Anime or read the Manga if they want something like the original.

But all aside of that. I really found that movie shit. It's not because it differs so much from the original. It's because the new characters are just retarded and boring.
It became a totally generic, boring action flick. There is not a single piece of smart writing, surprising plot twists or any multi layered character development involved.

Let's make Misa/Mia more westernised. Fine. That's a good decision since a over sexualized devote stupid girl isn't really wanted in todays western cinema.
Let's make Light a problem child because he lost his mother. Fine. Seems more logical to me than a totally coldblooded teenager who just single handedly takes the whole world hostage.

Let's make L into an impulsive, emotionally unstable little child who gets triggered with ease and has absolute no problems with showing himself to the whole public.

All of that is fine. If you want a really boring, bad written movie.
Those characters are not even in the slightest way made for a Death Note movie.

The only part that was at least a bit like the original was the end when Light revealed his plan in the hospital.
Those 45 seconds of plot information about how he instrumentalised some people to do this and that little puzzle piece was exactly the kind of Light that we wanted to see.

But sadly they made him a not very smart in total and a complete pussy.
And L was just a complete asshole with absolutely no interesting characteristic whatsoever.

You just can't put those things they tried to put into this movie within 100 minutes.

Either make it a 2,5-3 hours film or rewrite the plot for a shorter time. Fuck the action scenes and the attempts to make cool pictures and give the characters more time to develop...

Sadly I just can give it a 2/10.
>>
Garbage like all his other work.
>>
>>86872249
solid 2/10 not as bad as dragon ball evolution
>>
>>86872932
Agreed he made an effort just not very polished for example the dutch angles were overused and too many high school cliches
>>
>>86872249

Holy shit that was an awful movie. So forced and rushed, and a mess tonally. The only part I was intrigued by was when Watari was seeking to find his name at the orphanage. That was well done.

Everything else in this movie was as laughable as Dafoe's evil grin.
>>
felt like an episode of americlap horror story
>>
>>86872249
>This was a good movie,

The entire last 2/3rds of the movie hinges on L publicly daring a guy who only ever killed murderers to murder him and then he didn't so he assumes he needs a name and face. Why? Who the fuck knows! Apparently he can just understand supernatural powers here!

Fuck at least the plan in the anime made sense, but all of this took such massive leaps of logic nobody could possibly have actually made them if the plot didn't demand it.
>>
>>86873048

Totally. He simply put Watari in the book and he didn't have his face either...and yet he couldn't just put 'L" and have the hooded guy in his mind? Dafoe would have known who he was referring to.
>>
>>86872295
Im surprised a black L didnt appease the SJWs
>>
File: 2221.png (843KB, 1261x618px) Image search: [Google]
2221.png
843KB, 1261x618px
>You wrote my name in the notebook didnt you?
>Only if you took it!

What? He already fucking wrote her name. Was he going to go back in time and unwrite it if she didn't take it?
>>
>>86873777
He's lying.
They can only burn one page and bullshit if he was going to die.
>>
>>86873855
What was the point of lying in that situation? What did he gain?
>>
>>86873882
To fool the audience
>>
>>86873903
Into what?
>>
>>86872686
Not even tnat. They show the Xavier school for gifted detectives in the movie.

Put some other super detective in the movie, create a different manneirism like N, and in the Wataro scene just show him past a white pale blue haired weirdo like a wink for the fans.

If ryuk is so different and involved, make a new god of death. Even better, one of those we see in their world in the anime.

Change the names. Change "kira" do "avenger" or some more americanized shit

There. You can now do anything you want character wise.
>>
>>86873777
He wrote "Mia will die if she takes the notebook from me" because apparently you can do things like that in this version of Death Note. He wanted her to die all along though, the part about "I didn't think you would actually take it!" was bullshit.
>>
>>86873954
Into thinking he didn't have a plan
>>
>>86873977
No, he wrote "Mia dies when she takes the notebook from her boyfriend."
>>
>>86874005
Yeah, which means him wanting her to die was 100%
>>
>>86874037
Then there was no point in Light freaking out when she took it.
>>
>>86874054
Other than tricking the audience. Or maybe he didn't know that she would have a fake-out first.
>>
>>86874097
Having a character act irrationally because of the audience is bad writing.
>>
Everyones scale is different, I think a 5/10 is an average watchable movie. not bad or good.

I think this was a 4.5 out of ten. It kept my interest and had some good parts but was overall rushed. It lacked any real character development for me. I thought black L was actually pretty good but did not like him in the second half. Overall the philosophy is already so basic and they even failed to really explore that so, less than average for me. I still watched it all the way through and felt somewhat entertained.
>>
File: uhhh.png (649KB, 1273x594px) Image search: [Google]
uhhh.png
649KB, 1273x594px
What the hell was Mia apologizing for?

I thought she killed Lights dad, but no, hes still alive.
>>
>>86874233
For wanting to kill him.
They're dipshit teens in a bad relationship.
>>
>>86872402
Acting seemed pretty bad to me. Light was terrible most of the time, and they talked through their lines too fast (the characters were badly directed, visually the movie was fine tho). There wasn't enough tension/build up.
>>
File: 1502226660130.jpg (24KB, 552x382px) Image search: [Google]
1502226660130.jpg
24KB, 552x382px
It's a fun watch, I like the visuals, music and overall style of the movie. It gives me sort of a Twilight vibe, which I will admit is one of my guilty pleasures (mostly for nostalgic reasons, having watched all of them in the theater with my girlfriend.). I obviously prefer the source material, one of the few Manga I actually own physically, but people are obviously being way too harsh on it. There already are a bunch of Japanese movie adaptions so honestly there shouldn't be alot of issues with it being Americanized. 6/10.
>>
>>86872932
>Red and blue neon

It's fucking fad filming at its finest. Done a dozen times before.
>>
>>86874233
The way the scene was written made it seem like they had went through with killing him, made me think I had zoned out and missed it or something.
>>
Really? It's a good death note movie just not a good movie. Get it? because death note is garbage for niggers and their lovers
>>
File: 1490230366519.jpg (32KB, 402x414px) Image search: [Google]
1490230366519.jpg
32KB, 402x414px
>Movie takes place in Seattle
>5 minutes in it's starts to torrential downpour
>We get "maybe" 2 of those a year at most, and they last 5 minutes. Seattle gets 300 days of light rain a year.
>>
>>86874416
You're a humongous faggot with shit taste who understand nothing about what makes a good film
>>
>>86874572
I didn't say it was a good film. I love Rocky IV and Batman & Robin, I wouldn't say those are good films either. Shit, man. They don't all gotta be fucking citizen kane.
>>
>>86874416
>It gives me sort of a Twilight vibe

Literally the only part of this post you need to read.
>>
>have to turn off the movie during the rain scene less than 5 minutes in
how do you guys subject yourself to movies that can't even have a non-cringey opening?

The opening of a movie is the easiest part. you can do fucking anything. but no. its a bullying scene.

Tell me where are all these highschools that are completely unsupervised? Kids can just be assaulted and robbed on school property and somehow no one notices or reports it.

It's absurd to the point of being entirely disconnected with anyones reality.
>>
>It's a good ____ but not a good _____
>>
File: Edd_sees_you.png (1MB, 1061x800px) Image search: [Google]
Edd_sees_you.png
1MB, 1061x800px
I didn't care for L. Too many of his actions were based on his assumptions rather than his plans.

First he assumes that the hostage taker who committed suicide must've been Kira because....he saluted before he died.
From this he assumes Kira is in Seattle because nobody outside Seattle could have been watching that.
Then he assumes Kira needs a name and face because criminals who died fit that people. Even though surely tons of people must have died in those few days who don't fit that.
Then he assumes Kira is the type of person to kill people being aired on tv. Twice. Even though he's never done that before. Funnily enough, Kira really isnt the type of person to do that, so L actually assumed wrong. At this point, L shouldn't really even for sure if Kira even can do that.
Then he assumes Light must be Kira because Light didn't kill his dad immediately. Even though its entirely possible that Kira would have known not to be provoked, or would have no problem implicating someone else.

Luckily none of these stupid assumptions matter because when L meets Light, Light just goes ahead and basically admits he's Kira.

4/10
>>
>defending Netflix Note
>the contrarianism is already kicking in
people got over the fact that Death Note was never that good to begin with years ago, /tv/
>>
>>86874654
Liking a bad movie is one thing but rating it 6/10 just goes to show how retarded you are
>>
Where can I pirate it, I don't want to give shekels to Netflix
>>
no wonder all you idiots like "XD turn your brain off" shit. you literally have no thought process.
>>
>>86874781
ok it's 0/10, whatever man, I enjoyed it.
>>
>>86872932

Does look nice.

At least L beats that faggot light in this version
>>
I wonder how many of you, who get so fucking angry about people not hating this movie, calls Batman v Superman kino.
>>
>>86874886
having just finished it I can definitely say it's worse than BvS, so I don't know what point you're trying to prove.
>>
File: spongebobicon.jpg (87KB, 678x678px) Image search: [Google]
spongebobicon.jpg
87KB, 678x678px
>ItS A SoLiD 6/10 GUyS, I dOnT KnOw wHeRe AlL tHe h8 Is CoMiNg FrOm

You fags need Jesus
>>
It was hilarious at times. Not very good but I had fun.
>>
>>86874962
It's about the same. Seriously.
>>
youtube.com/watch?v=HOArGRyXYeI
>>
>>86875035
Not really.
>>
I liked it. Light was more retable, not too perfect like in the anime. L was fine. Mia was hot as fuck.

Overall an enjoyable movie, for an american movie version of Death Note it's fine, it could've been so much worse
>>
>>86875008
>reddit memes
fuck off
>>
>>86875125
>being gay
>le reddit

You have to go back.
>>
File: alex jones autstic screeching.gif (378KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
alex jones autstic screeching.gif
378KB, 320x180px
>>86872249
KIRA IS A FLASE FLAG CREATED BY THE GLOBALISTS

this is a actual line from the movie by the way
>>
Lights girlfriend looks like a younger hotter kstew
>>
>>86875091
BvS obviously cost alot more money, but it's equally shitty written and is kept afloat by the visuals and music. I enjoyed BvS about as much as Death Note but the difference is that I expected alot more out of it, I always knew Death Note would be avarage at best.
>>
>>86875114
>it could've been so much worse
Honestly this, I mean it doesn't make the movie great, but after Dragon Ball Evolution there's no way I'm going to start flinging feces over an anime adaption being sort of not great.
>>
File: 1423665734433.jpg (34KB, 462x465px) Image search: [Google]
1423665734433.jpg
34KB, 462x465px
>>86875146
>reddit spacing
>>
Was the cinematography actually great? I thought it was fine, but it didn't exactly seem exceptional or anything.
>>
It wasn't very good but it was very fun. Needed a better script that would make the whole thing less global and epic so they could've kept the budget down, made it longer and focus more on character.

But well they didn't do that so we have this. A light popcorn movie with some solid direction, style and a terrible screenplay.
>>
Hey I want to watch this with my family..

How much cussing, sex, gore is in it?
>>
Movie was too short and felt way too rushed. It has to be at least 2 hours to properly tell the story and introduce the characters.
>>
I couldn't believe when he just told not misa about the death note. He fucking admitted murder to some random slut that he barely knew.
Then when L says that he is Kira he completely drops his spaghetti.
>>
>>86875346
no, but some fags managed to take some pretty screenshots of it so they're going to keep insisting that it does now.
>>
>>86875059
When I saw the first death I thought that all of the deaths are gonna be comical and "Final Destination" bus
>>
>>86872249
Light is supposed to be a Chad. Literally the last person you expect to care about crime, because he's drowning in women, popular, is handsome, intelligent, athletic, and from a upper middle-class nuclear family that loves him.
>>
>>86875542
*style

why the fuck did I type bus
>>
>>86875486
Yeah, because he is teenaged virgin. Most teenagers would probably do the same thing
>>
>>86872480
>And L kills him with a stolen Death Note page.

>Believing that

Question, why would Light point L towards the one book with a page he randomly ripped out that could be used to kill him when he'd already planned a way to escape? It's an obvious sequel hook.
>>
>>86875573
That is why he is not a good character is the anime. He is probably the worst part in the original
>>
>>86875465

No explicit sex, but surprisingly gory in the first half.
>>
File: DIF3IuZXUAEJGIr.jpg (118KB, 1200x488px) Image search: [Google]
DIF3IuZXUAEJGIr.jpg
118KB, 1200x488px
>>
>>86875608
So that he could shift the blame to Mia, of course.
But L is clearly shifting toward the idea that vengeance is a good idea, which is why the movie ends with Ryuk cackling and Light being dumbfounded.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ncqvghCiQ41s4teec.jpg (15KB, 348x303px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ncqvghCiQ41s4teec.jpg
15KB, 348x303px
>>86875273
>knowing how reddit formats a post

Le got him, eh fellow magapedes? XD
>>
>>86875647
What? Death Note follows Light's dive into insanity - of course he's a character.
The film just didn't have the same characters. Even L was different, but it seemed rather needless to have him be L.
>>
>>86875657

This pic just makes me more feel more related to american Light
>>
>>86872932
>this is experimental

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the absolute shitcan state of /a/v/
>>
Did Light die?
>>
>>86875759
Pretty likely.
>>
I'll be the first to say it. The worst thing about this movie was L.

It's not good, it barely scraps to be average. I liked the fact that Light was not all bad, and that Mia was not all good. I think the twist of her wanting the note for herself made all her lovey dovey scenes very like the original Light who made a sport of using people.

Also, the father not being a retard was good. If there's a sequel, would there be a chance of him being the second Kira with his son? That would be cool.
>>
>>86875712
Yeah, and I'm saying he was not an interesting or relatable character because of what you said about him in your previous post.
>>
>>86875659
>So that he could shift the blame to Mia, of course.

The fuck?

Then why would he point L to HIS calculus book that had a death note page? For what purpose?
>>
I guess it would have been fine if I had never known anything about Death Note before seeing it... but having seen the anime every 30 seconds I was either confused by stupid bullshit changes to the plot or Light acting like a fucking retard and just asking to get caught. L ended up looking retarded simply by virtue of not outsmarting this version of Light at every turn.
>>
>>86875809
Light didn't take calculus. Mia did. That was Mia's book.
>>
This is legitimately terrible, ruins the characterization of the original, misses the point, and tries to make up for it with shitty quips and high school romcom shit.
>>
>>86875759
No, it's a blatant cliffhanger for the sequel. Oooooh boy how is Light going to get out of this one? Be sure to tune in next time to find out! But since it will never get a sequel he might as well have died.
>>
>>86875844
L almost certainly killed him.
>>
Can we all agree that Mia was hot?
>>
>>86875869
Nah, if it gets a sequel like they obviously want they'll pull some bullshit at the start where L is like "I'm better than him, I can use this to prove his guilt instead of killing him" or just straight up making up another new rule for why L can't use it to kill him.
>>
>>86875945
If there's no sequel, then yeah he killed his ass.
>>
I DON'T WANNA LIVE WITHOUT YOUR LOVE
>>
>>86875893
That goes without saying for Qualley.
>>
>>86872249
it is so fucking bad. Worse than GITS
>>
I watched the anime like 8-9 years ago and don't really remember but did they show or mention who was the previous owner of DN in the anime? They could have made a movie about that and showed what made the previous owner lose it instead of butchering the original story
>>
They should have just made an original Death Note story instead of trying to adapt the anime.
>>
>>86876011
But GITS was good
>>
>>86872932
>experimental
kill yourself
>>
>>86876037
GitS was a solid 6/10. This cuckery is 0/10 at best
>>
>Nigger L didn't even die
Really? I was really looking forward to Near and Mello
>>
>>86872249
>plotholes everywhere
>main antagonist, L, serves no purpose and does nothing
>good

It was mediocre at best, no better than any low budget horror movie.
>>
>>86876019
No one owned it before Light. He was the first one to get it after Ryuk stole it.
>>
>>86874119
This. It's just bad writing. Can't justify it
>>
File: u cheeky cunt.png (305KB, 718x576px) Image search: [Google]
u cheeky cunt.png
305KB, 718x576px
>>86872249
>its a good movie, just not a good X movie
nah fuck off
>>
>>86872541
No he doesn't!
>>
it was shit
the entire appeal of death note was the 4d chess and the keikakus within keikakus and it had none of that
>>
>previous owner scrawled DON'T TRUST RYUK in the death note
>Light asks about it
>pffft stop asking these boring questions Light
>lol ok sorry

And Light was still meant to be intelligent in this movie?
>>
>>86872249
It's a TERRIBLE Death Note movie and a AWFUL movie
>>
>>86874726
This. I was in high school 5 years ago, it was a shitty public school in an ok neighborhood and there was still literally no bullying. Bullying ended after 2000 because it's not politically correct and you should never have to stand up for yourself because everyone is equal
>kys
>>
>>86876393
>ryuk says nobody has ever managed to write more than 2 letters of his name into the book
??
>>
>>86872249

Guys, let us remember for a second here that DN is not even good unless you are some whiny teen asswhole that think you are "too inteligent"
>>
>>86876420
Fuck off faggot, there are perpetual children in the adult world who bully others all the time. The only way to handle these retards is to explosively get in their face and remind them that high school is over, just because you never step outside your safe space doesn't mean it doesn't exist
>>
>>86876468
DN isn't the greatest thing in the world but i've yet to read a credible argument as to why its a piece of shit on /tv/ and i've been here since LOST ended
>>
I saw it with a friend who knew nothing about Death Note, never seen or read any of it - he enjoyed it, I didn't really.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (109KB, 943x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
109KB, 943x1000px
>>86876495
>FEDORA TIPPING INTENSIFIES!!
>>
>>86872402
> good acting, good but convoluted story, amazing cinematography.
all of these things are not true
>>
I like death note and was looking forward to this, but even I admit it was bad. I still enjoyed it because death note though, kek.
>>
>>86876468
This
>>
>>86872249
Just watched it. 5/10
One complaint.

JUST FUCKING END THE MOVIE.
HAVE A FUCKING EPILOGUE.
THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE A SEQUEL
JUST FUCKING SHOW US THAT L KILLS LIGHT AND END ON THAT NOTE
IS IT FUCKING SO HARD TO DO A CLASSIC ENDING?? JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
>>
>>86872295

>Muh weeabo boogeyman

The movie is shit and you are a huge faggot
>>
>>86876609
It's already obvious that L kills Light and the ending shot of Light being a dumbass that literally goes "whuh?" is hilarious
>>
>>86872249
>Light goes full whiteknight
>gets btfo
>girl just leaves him there in the rain

Not even 5 minutes in and I can already see where this is going.
>>
>>86876648
then show it,
enough of this ambiguous Inception-tier fucking bullshit
>>
Why are people saying Light went Columbine, when he doesn't go after bullies after Ryuk gets him to write the first bully's name down?
>>
>>86875647
The Live TV Adaptation of Light is honestly my favorite interpretation. He's more human because he resents the fact that his mother was killed by a violent criminal. His father is always busy dealing with crime, which strains their relationship even further, and he has to work a part-time job while also taking care of his sister due to the fact that their father is always working his shifts.

The show makes it a point that Light is stressed out because of crime, and it affects almost every aspect of his life, including the well-being of his family and friends. The whole reason he even started using the DN wasn't due to some self-righteous crusade, but to save his father from a serial killer. Light even hesitates, actually afraid of using it, and regrets having to kill, to the point of near suicide.

It's those little connected details in the TV DN universe that makes Light more relatable: he has a lot of personal reasons to wanting to stopped criminals. His primary motivation was just to ensure his family was safe from harm.
>>
>>86876609

They want to do a sequel, it just needs to be performed on Netflix.

That being said, L only kills him if there's no sequel. If there will be one, I bet L killed himself or Light's father, for no other reason than spite for taking away his own father figure.
>>
>make Light pussy
>reddit: He's more relatable now!
People find a serial killer relatable?
>>
File: L.png (4MB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
L.png
4MB, 3200x1800px
Hey can anybody here help me figure out L's name or anything else?
all I can make out is lebensborn which seems to be some nazi kidnap thing
>>
File: 1320814773546.jpg (64KB, 800x558px) Image search: [Google]
1320814773546.jpg
64KB, 800x558px
>This was a good movie
>>
>>86876735
all virgins are angry at society and want to kill people homie. just look at the supreme gentleman.
>>
>>86876745
Aiubiz
>>
>>86876779
This 2bh
>>
Wait, why the fuck is L black???
>>
>>86877012
Wow, racist much??
>>
>>86874005
He wrote something like "she returns the book to Light, then dies"
So there's no time frame on it; to return it she has to first take it, but because the book doesn't specify that she takes it, she has to do that part freely. Something like that. Movie was shit but that made sense
>>
>>86877012
Why is Light and almost everybody else white instead of Japanese?
>>
>>86877068
Most anime characters look white
>>
>>86877022
Not racist just genuinely confused
>>
>>86875657
this sums up my thoughts pretty well
>>
>>86877150
Wow, confirmed for neo-nazi. L is and always was black, deal with it sweetie.
>>
>>86877012
L's gender or skin color doesn't matter at all.
So they can cast whoever the fuck they want.
>>
>>86877044
Light reads what he wrote out-loud, he says she takes it.
>>
>>86876011
what the fuck is gits
>>
>>86875657
Underlined one-hundred symbol

>>86875736
>t.gaylord
>>
>>86877186
It kind of does
>>
>>86877224
Gits the fuck out, newfag
>>
>>86872780
>>86876624
The source material was trash to begin with. Get fucked, neckbeards.
>>
>>86877238
L is a good detective, brains.
His physical appearance has nothing to do with his character
>>
>>86874781

it's his fucking rating, leave him alone you weaboo autist
>>
>>86877288
I'm guessing you're one of the people pretending to like this movie, huh
>>
>>86877114
You may see them as white, but the Japanese see anime characters as asian.
>>
Manga > Anime > first japanese film = second japanese film > Death Note: Light Up the New World = Death Note 2017 > Live action japanese TV show > L Change The World
>>
>>86877220

He says "it was only if you took the book."

One of the rules is "each death must be physically possible," so you can make the argument that the death (which happens when she returns the notebook to him) is not physically possible if she's not in possession of the notebook? It's a bit of a stretch, but I think that's what they were going for.
>>
>>86877476
Later at the end, his narration is "Mia dies when she takes the book from her boyfriend"
>>
>>86877427
Anime > Manga > first japanese film = second japanese film > Death Note 2017 > Live action japanese TV show > L Change The World > Death Note: Light Up the New World
>>
File: 1338275562986.jpg (34KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1338275562986.jpg
34KB, 490x490px
>>86876745
>nigger
>lebensborn
>>
File: 2017-08-25-1956-44.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-25-1956-44.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>86877427
Find me one scene in this new movie that even comes close to this one.
>>
>>86876543
THIS

Its on par with Tier 2 episodes of Sherlock in how mysterious it can get, its not terrible TV by any means and does make you think.
>>
>>86872249
Just marathoned the movie, it was pretty shit

>terrible rushed pacing
>no tension whatsoever
>bad acting from the leads
>barely has a budget to show Ryuk move or doing anything

at least Wingard makes the movie somewhat interesting to look at
>>
-Light is some nerdy numale who has a crush on a cheerleader and is bullied instead of an alpha chad genius

-He fights with his dad needlessly because muh unstable homelife cliche

-Misa has a crush on Light before he even becomes Kira

-Quipmaster Light, straight out of the MCU

-Light is coerced into using the death note by Ryuk, who is now an evil mastermind apparently instead of just bored lazy deity

-LightxMisa is real romance instead of just a relationship of convenience for Light. Light literally wants to abandon the death note/being Kira and "run away" with Misa

-Light literally annoyed by the rules of the Death Note and doesn't read them all before using it

-Try to make we wuz L eccentric but in no ways that make him likable like in the manga. Comes off as awkward

-L doing retarded shit like putting himself out openly and daring Kira to kill him when he has no idea of Kira's capabilities.

-L a whiny emotional bitch who does absolutely nothing besides literally cry and try to murder people

-Basic shit like tracking people's cellphones and watching parking garage footage is absent

-The ultimate battle of wits between L and Kira is L chasing him around with a gun like a lunatic

-Ryuk is evil and actively tries to kill light/misa

It's like these faggots didn't understand the source material at all
>>
>>86872249
shit movie.
shit adaptation.
shit writing

CGI was o.k. and the actors did what they could with the unoriginal, cringey material

the first kill on the bully was the best and last.
>>
>>86877595
that live action tv series can fuck itself. Having a grown woman play Near as a boy, and making Mello a split personality? Unforgivable.
>>
>>86872295
I could live with the whitewashing. but blackwashing L was a no go.
>>
>>86875893
>>86876001
Her visible saliva in her mouth when she talks makes me so god damn horny, man.
>>
>>86872295

It's okay. Not great but not terrible. There are parts where it feels true to the manga and parts where it's just dumb.
>>
>>86877704
Who gives a fuck about Near and Mello? Death Note ends when L dies.
>>
File: martinshekel.jpg (73KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
martinshekel.jpg
73KB, 640x443px
Also, light looks like a less drug-addicted version than Martin Shkreli
>>
>>86877649

netflix light is better than "alpha chad genius" light. i really dislike mary sue characters.
>>
>>86877704
Mashing Near and Mello together makes them so much more tolerable though.
>>
File: 19789999.jpg (48KB, 600x518px) Image search: [Google]
19789999.jpg
48KB, 600x518px
>>86877646
>marathon
>a single movie
>>
>>86877711
It would be better if it was less true, such as not being such a large scale movie and keeping the focus on the idea that they are teenagers.

Which is obviously what the writers wanted to do, write a teen movie.
>>
>>86877649
>It's like these faggots didn't understand the source material at all
They obviously weren't going for that, like literally everyone has said, there are already Japanese movies that are faithful adaptions of the manga. They were probably going more for the concept of a Death Note than a literal translation of the story.
>>
>>86877722
>Who gives a fuck about Near and Mello?
Hard not to focus on them when they're shoved in your face in the most retarded way possible. This is why the first two Japanese films are the best live action interpretation. At least they had a better ending than the others. And they picked the perfect person for Matsuda
>>
So is this shit why Jill was barely in season 3 of The Leftovers?
>>
File: Untetheredrage.jpg (531KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Untetheredrage.jpg
531KB, 900x506px
I have to say. It was the best live action adaptation of an Anime I've ever seen.

That's not really saying anything though.

There's a possibility they might've been able to do something good if they turned it into a show, but as a movie they don't really have enough time to do anything.

Cool visuals here and there, but other than that it has nothing to offer.
>>
>>86877012
Wait, why is Light white??
>>
>>86877811
And that's fine, but the problem with that is that they still went with the same story.

>>86877832
Drama Matsuda was better.
>>
File: 8180127_orig.png (645KB, 1100x758px) Image search: [Google]
8180127_orig.png
645KB, 1100x758px
>>86877782
>thinking this shit is more tolerable
>>
File: 1428791102452.png (314KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1428791102452.png
314KB, 1280x720px
>L is black
>he steals a police car and threatens Light with a gun in an alleyway
What did they meant by this?
>>
I really would have liked to have Light smirk or something when he got the note back, knowing his keikaku succeeded and he was free from the consequences of his actions.
>>
>>86877874
>And that's fine, but the problem with that is that they still went with the same story.

Exactly. There's some sort of homecoming dance at the end of this, and I can't help but think that would have been a more entertaining and focused end-piece if they had cut out Kira and L.
>>
>>86877874
>Drama Matsuda was better.
He didn't really stand out to me.
>>
>>86877789
>being this new
>>
>>86877874
Yeah, like some other anons said, it's obvious that they wanted to do something different, maybe they were pressured into keeping some plot points.
>>
>>86872932
When will /tv/ stop putting together collages of pretty shots thinking they know anything about cinematography?
>>
>>86877880
Yep. Gets rid of the annoying parts of Near and makes Mello actually matter. And Near confesses in the very end that he was just pretending anyways.
>>
File: rin depressed.png (454KB, 537x617px) Image search: [Google]
rin depressed.png
454KB, 537x617px
Literally all they had to fucking do was make Light a cold and calculating sociopath instead of being such a beta pussy whipped bitch. THAT'S ALL THEY HAD TO FUCKING DO. I was okay with L being black. I was okay with the actor playing Light. Hell, I didn't care at all. I had hope for some reason. That's all he had to fucking do. But no, NO. Of fucking course not Adam Wingard you fucking cuckhold I can't believe this shit.
>>
>>86877945
>I want more of the same!
>>
>>86872249
torrent where
>>
>>86877811
>there are already Japanese movies that are faithful adaptions of the manga.
Not really, because both the films and tv series do there own things. The first two Death Note films were made before the manga even finished, and the television series as advertised as being different from the source, which is was.
>>
>>86877958
Go fuck yourself autist. I'm not even asking for the same storyline. I just wanted Light to be a cold and calculating mother fucker. That's what made him so interesting to watch. Him being intellectually on-par with L.
>>
Tell me, is there a scene as good that one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Jisinn-bA
The moment when that girl (cant remember the name already) decided to give light her name so she can work for him and ryuk lauging madly because her lifespan turned from long to a couple of minutes.

Should i just rewatch anime Death note instead of giving netflix death note a chance?
>>
do you guys notice how light and misa switched roles in the movie, with her being the competent one and light being the stupid and emotional one.

i think they pulled a mad max
>>
>>86872932

Oh shit it's the coroner guy from Hawaii Five-0!
>>
>>86877916
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPmafBmVdmg

That's fine. Different tastes and all that. I also liked Matsuda's behavior in the warehouse where he's still apprehensive about shooting Light, and even tries to go back in and save him as the place is burning.
>>
>>86877968
never mind, turns out you just had to search death note and not deathnote.
>>
>>86878002
Watch the anime, then the movies, then the TV series. Just ignore the netflix one.
>>
>Ryuk has less than 10 minutes of screentime
>He is always just standing around doing nothing
So shit.
>>
>>86878048
I watched the anime. Didnt bother about the movie and tv series because i heard they were kinda bad as well. Just thought about the netflix one because everyone is talking about it.
>>
>>86878062
It's obvious that they had a limited budget and Ryuk is probably one of the more expensive things in the movie.
>>
>>86878075
There was a TV series?
>>
>>86877939
>Gets rid of the annoying parts of Near
No it doesn't at all, it makes him more annoying, especially since it's a grown woman playing him as a young child. It's incredibly retarded, obnoxious and so is the puppet thing, and it's why I will never waste my time watching it again.
>>
>>86878094
Yeah, it is pretty telling.
>>
>Light an idiotic buffoon
>Mia cold calculating bitch
I got it. Mia is playing the role of Light and Light is playing the role of Misa. Makes more sense that way.

I do wish they would have kept the rule that anyone that touched the Death Note could see Ryuk.
>>
>>86878075
>kinda bad
The first two movies are 7.9 and 7.3 on IMDB. The series is 7.4. This new film is 5.0.

>>86878103
Yep. Came out in 2015, was pretty under the radar. Probably because people were pissed about Death Note 2017.

>>86878109
I disagree.
>>
>>86876745
I see "Azubia"
>>
>>86878094
>have limited budget
>lets make every death overly flashy and extravagant instead of a simple heart attack
>and put an unnecessary extended chase scene in the last act
>and the climax is a big setpiece on a ferris wheel with lots of CGI and greenscreen effects
>>
>>86877789
Lurk moar
>>
>>86878016
would have been better if they had light subtlety been pulling his keikaku against Mia throughout the second half of the movie instead of the last five minutes
>>
>>86877580
>what is german southwest africa
>>
>>86877649
>Ryuk is evil and actively tries to kill light/misa

Wasn't that part of what Light wrote in the book though? The ferris wheel needed to break for some reason and the reason was (stupidly) ryuk smashing it down(???)
>>
File: 1413241931924.jpg (98KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1413241931924.jpg
98KB, 500x447px
>Light wrote that the page containing his name would casually fly into a fire and burn
>death note can control the pages of the death note itself
What the fuck is this, did the director even know what was the property he was working with?
>>
>>86872932
The cinematography was the only good thing about this garbage. It does look great, though. A very aesthetic film.
>>
File: fairy cat.png (119KB, 255x316px) Image search: [Google]
fairy cat.png
119KB, 255x316px
Am i the only one that thinks Wolff as Light is kind of hot?
>>
Only other thing I didn't like was Light being about to control Watari verbally by phone.
>>
File: frodo.jpg (93KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
93KB, 400x399px
>>86872249
Why didn't Light just burn the page with his name in it himself?
>>
I thought the music was good
and while L was shit, did anyone notice a slight quality jump in his performance when he finally got rid of that stupid mask thing?
>>
File: 32443.jpg (151KB, 1645x725px) Image search: [Google]
32443.jpg
151KB, 1645x725px
>Looks like I'm going to have to juuummppp
>>
File: kira.jpg (53KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
kira.jpg
53KB, 640x720px
>>
Final Destination 6: The Guest 2 was pretty alright.
>>
>>86878062
OUT AM I?!
>>
>>86878284
Fuck it, I love that these two are dumbass teens and that Mia is the popular bitch who gets power mad.

It could have been a nice little teen horror comedy, but got fucked.
>>
>>86878210
death note cant control shinigami, so that makes no sense
>>
>end credits
>outtakes of the actors having a laugh
>"The Power of Love" plays in the background
classic Death Note
>>
File: 1446036239585.jpg (19KB, 529x352px) Image search: [Google]
1446036239585.jpg
19KB, 529x352px
>>86878202
>southwest africa
>"racially pure and healthy Aryans"
>>
someone
>>86878306
plz
>>
File: Screen2016-06-25-06h09m17s131.png (414KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screen2016-06-25-06h09m17s131.png
414KB, 848x480px
>>86878284
>Light Hides in Plain Sight in the Anime not giving any clues off except those he leaves on purpose.
>Murrican Light
>"Uhhh, Japanese Name? They'll think it's some gook for sure, right?!"
>>
I think it was fine for its own adaptation. I really liked what they did with Mia since she was horrible in the manga.
>>
>>86878376
Why didn't you just fucking post it in this thread faggot. Fuck you littered this board with your shit. Almost as bad as game of thrones
>>
>>86878260
The person who writes the name must be the one to burn it.
>>
>first meeting with L
>Light practically admits being Kira
REEEEEE
>>
>>86878423
Is this another new rule the movie made up?
>>
>>86878387
Its actually a better strat than fucking Japanese light. Being real here if you had a magic book that could kill people + the internet then you really should NEVER be caught.
>>
I hated the Lawrence character.
>>
>>86878421
do both, double my chances of getting a response
whatever this board sucks anyway.

can someone seriously explain to me what happened in the last half of the film?
>>
File: delivia.png (83KB, 1380x876px) Image search: [Google]
delivia.png
83KB, 1380x876px
>>86878460
Go fuck yourself brainlet.
>>
File: IMG_0343.jpg (309KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0343.jpg
309KB, 900x900px
I'm 10 minutes in and I can already tell the only part of this dumpster fire that isn't shit will be William Defoe. How right am I?
>>
>>86878473
thank you for proving my point
>>
>>86878440
I guess? I would assume the original writer/artist came up with the new rules for the movie.
>>
What led L to figure out Kira was from Seattle and eventually narrow it down to being Light? I was shitposting during the movie and must have missed it.
>>
>>86878394
They made Mia the non-pussy side of Light
>>
>>86872932
head on back to >>>/v/
>>
>>86878499
He was sending criminal data to different police databases and apparently the Yakuza guys that were killed were sent to Seattle's
>>
File: you can feel it too, can't you.png (222KB, 472x628px) Image search: [Google]
you can feel it too, can't you.png
222KB, 472x628px
>>86878488
Don't reply to me ever again, brainlet.
>>
>>86878485
100%
>>
>>86877012
Took me out of the story t b h
>>
>>86876735
anything is more relatable than anime Light

he wasn't even a person, he was an archetype
>>
>>86878485
Mia ends up being pretty great once she turns into Light Yagami.

But other than that, yeah, you're right.
>>
>>86877288
If he's so smart why is he black?
>>
>>86877012
desu he was the best actor
>>
>>86878460
what an entitled little faggot you are
>>
>>86878499
He was throwing names of obscure criminals into various police databases and the ones light killed got a hit.

He narrowed it down further because the Seattle database was used and then Light's dad went on the news and didn't die after shit talking Kira.
>>
>>86878444
yeah people talk about how smart he is but you have to be pretty fucking stupid to get caught
>>
>>86878583
Nah, he was really inconsistent. Sometimes he was doing a bad impression of anime L and other times it was like he was playing a completely different character.
>>
>>86877811
The problem is that the whole thing that made Death Note worthwhile was the intellectual battle between Light and L and the choices they made and the traps they laid for each other constantly testing each other.

This is just a convoluted mess. Right off the bat they fucked up by not letting L lay the trap he laid in the anime and instantly letting Light reveal himself to Mia, who he barely knew.

I'm normally not one to say that a movie or a show should adhere to the source material, but they really dun goofed here. They ommitted everything that made Death Note fun and included all of the shit that made it bad.
>>
>>86878444
you're a retard and your mother's a whore

Nip Light:
>never announces his presence, L infers his existence through statistical analysis of criminal's deaths
Burger Light:
>AM LE KIRA AND AMS GONNA KILLS DA CRAMINALS!!!1
>>
The new Mia character could've been interesting if they gave any reason for her to be so aggressive in wanting to kill criminals. Are we supposed to just accept that a random cheerleader is obsessed with justice to the point she would kill anyone who got in her way with no explanation?
>>
>>86878670
Nip Light got fucked around by Nip Mia and he died because of it. I'm not saying the whole confrontation in that diner wasn't retarded.
>>
>>86878702
She got power hungry. She had nothing in her life. People were worshipping "Kira" as a god and she wanted to be that god.
>>
>>86878641
>Light's dad went on the news and didn't die after shit talking Kira

Why did he do that though? He had no reason to believe he wouldn't be killed by Kira, and his death would leave his son an orphan.
>>
>>86878702
She was a popular cheerleader who ended up being power mad. It wasn't about justice, it was about the power.

One of her first lines about the Death Note's power is that everyone else is just sheep.
>>
>>86878739
Because he got mad that Kira killed like 13 FBI agents aka innocent people.
>>
>>86878739
Like Light thinks, his dad puts his job over his kid. It's only at the end when shit gets pear shaped that he actually thinks about Light's safety.
>>
>>86878670
Nip Light started off the same, though, but he learned very quickly.
>>
>>86878702
She only exists because they were afraid to make Light too unsympathetic so they had to put all his sociopathic tendencies onto another character. Wingard has said he wants to make Light go through a tragic "Anakin Skywalker arc" over the course of 2 or 3 films.
>>
File: 1382466415237.png (181KB, 440x540px) Image search: [Google]
1382466415237.png
181KB, 440x540px
>>86875657

Not bad, anon.
>>
>>86877704
But
>It improved Light's character arc significantly
>The Raye Penber plotline shows just how different the show is willing to get
>Misa isn't retardedly devoted anymore, she just admires Kira and wants to help him
>L wins and gets a confession and hard evidence from Light
>L then dies anyways because Mikami became a factor earlier on
>Light manages to turn the "L Lawliet" written in the Death Note in his handwriting into an asset instead of damning proof against him
>Soichiro has an amazing scene where he confronts Light and *almost* gets through to him, but trying to burn the Death Note makes Light go berserk, even ripping the note from his father's dying grip, showing us just how far gone he is from the guy who nearly threw up after one murder
>The warehouse scene is better in every way
>>
>>86878739
Because he's his dad. His son is not going to kill him.
>>
>>86878002
That was from the best episode. Just rewatch up to that point and stop.
>>
>>86878739
Light chewed him out for being a beta pussy when it came to his mom's killer and I think it got to him. He wanted to do something now and be respected by his son and by himself. Light even says that he's proud of him.

That's the tiny part that actually made sense to me.
>>
>>86878739
an officer condemning the actions of taken innocent lives and then being subsequently killed would be a pretty big eye opener. Kira wouldn't be seen as dolling out justice he would be seen as someone who kills on a whim or if things don't go his way
>>
>>86875657
But he never got bullied at school. The only reason he got hit is because he stood up for Mia. If he didn't do shit he wouldn't have been hit or bullied at all.

People pay him to fucking cheat on homework. You don't beat up the kid who does this. He wasn't being forced to do other peoples homework.
>>
>>86878804
Are you trolling? The guy didn't know Kira was his son.
>>
>>86878665
>I'm normally not one to say that a movie or a show should adhere to the source material, but they really dun goofed here.

This. I'm totally fine with changing the Death Note material. Granted you would have to majorly change it from like a 30-something episode anime to a 90-100 minute movie but you gotta make smart decisions.

Turning Light from a smart alpha kid to a weird school shooter personality just feels fucking stupid.

I'm even willing to say that him having feelings toward Misa, or being persuaded by Ryuk to be evil could have actually been a decent change from the source material.
>>
>>86875574
O I am laffin
>>
>>86876609
He reminds me of Max Landis
>>
>>86878899
>weird school shooter personality
People still saying this? The movie is out you know
>>
>>86878016
>Go get my fucking notebook, Light
YAAAASSS QUEEEEEENN
>>
>>86876609
L doesn't kill people. That was the point of the ending. He could've killed Light but he wont. He needs to take him down by other means. So their battle will continue if they gets a sequel.
>>
>>86878950
>mom dies so he can be angsty
>gets bullied
>doesn't act clever in the whole movie
>>
>>86878016
Yeah till the ending when Light played the bitch and went all keikaku doori.
>>
>>86878899
He really wasn't a school shooter type. Just a lameass teenager.
>>
>Light's father order police protection on him from L
>fucking police are after him like he's a fucking criminal

Did I miss a fucking scene or something? Why didn't they just get on the horn and say "We're here for your protection"
>>
>>86878987
He didn't get bullied, a bully punched him for interfering with a kid he WAS bullying.
>>
>>86878987
See
>>86878863

Stop being a meme. The ending was clever we just need more of the ending in the next movie if there is one. The ending was how he should've been using the note from the start.
>>
5 minutes in and Light has gone from a pretty boy, perfect student with a healthy family relationship to a dysfunctional angsty teen.
>>
>>86878987
>>mom dies so he can be angsty
You don't have to have a dead mom to be angsty, you just have to be a teenager
>>
>>86878781
No, he doesn't

Light just starts executing criminals, he doesn't make some retarded announcement to the world that he exists and what he wants. L infers his existence through statistical analysis and confirms his suspensions with the Lind ruse.
>>
>the climax where the ferry wheel is destroyed due to Ryuk attacking it
That's not how it was in nip land version was it? The way I remember it was the deaths were caused by the notebook altering circumstances to cause the death
the shinigami just instigated death through the same rules as anyone using the death note right?
>>
>>86879005
Light was running away how exactly did you think the police were going to get him?
>>
>>86879066
Then he makes criminals write Kira on walls with their blood and shit.
>>
>>86879024
>the ending was clever
>(you)
>>
>>86879068
In this version it seems like Ryuk and the book are extensions of each other.
>>
>>86879068
New rules in this book. You can allow the shinigami to choose how the victim dies if you want. Its what he did with Watari. An open roulette.
>>
>>86879034
>went from a perfect student with a healthy family relationship to a dysfunctional angsty teen

I mean, they had to make him relatable for an American audience.
>>
>>86879098
How was it not? He pulled the same Keikau doori shit the jap one does.
>>
>>86879024
The ending was clever, yeah, but that doesn't do away with all of the fucking retarded shit he did in the rest of the movie. The first fucking second Mia glances at him he tells her all about his killing notebook? What the fuck?

They shouldn't have made him into this mess. His dad also knows now, so what's the point of the second movie? The way they wanted the movie to go, they could have made so many better choices. It was actually nice that Mia was his competent partner-in-crime and Ryuk being more evil than a lazy joke could have also been interesting. The execution was terrible and they shouldn't have made Light into this unstable teenager.
>>
>>86875657
kek'd and agreed
>>
>>86872402
the score was the absolute worst. celine dion cover? really

and whatever song that was on the ferris wheel scene, fucking cringe

solid flick for a friday night 6/10
>>
>>86879236
>unstable teenager

He's just a teen who is using the book to impress the hot chick at school.
>>
>>86872249
>be a serial killer
>talk to girl
>drop my spaghetti
>"I-I murder p-people"
>talk to detective later
>"y-yeah I murder people"

What a genius!
>>
>>86879236
but Ryuk is supposed to be lazy, the whole plot is supposed to be him "losing" the death note out of sheer boredome to see what happens
>>
>>86872541

i think the ending was left up to interpretation
>>
>>86876745
Lebensborn Anubiz
>>
>the criminals write "kira" before they even knew the name and watari call an unknown number
isn't there supposed they only can control over what the victim already know
>the FBI agent kill the agents before his death
they can't kill more people thats why they can't make an agent kill L
>>
>>86879066
I meant that in the anime Light starts off as impulsive, self-righteous and isn't smart about his newfound powers. He keeps on yelling 'KIRA IS JUSTICE' and 'I AM GOD'. And he made stupid impulsive decisions like killing Lind. He starts off killing people in his own town. It's only after the Lind ruse that he settles down and starts being smart about this shit.
>>
It was ok, I didn't like Light or Misa's characterization though. Ryuk and L were good.
>>
>>86876745
>shitty movie finally reveals L's name
>It's Shekelberg Go(L)dstein

y-you too
>>
>>86879073
They did a shit job. Initially, he wasn't being pursued by L, he was just running away from the police because he thought they were after him. However, the police were there for HIS protection. The police seeing this should have assumed that he thought L had ordered them after him, so they should have somehow contacted him and told him that they were there for his protection. They have bullhorns. They could have told him that, but not one single officer even tried.

And when L was after Light, they didn't even try to stop L from chasing after Light.
>>
I hated it but I feel like I need to watch it a second time to make sense of it.
>>
>>86879288
That isn't intrinsic to Death Note. Isn't a major plot-point at all and it could have been different without losing sight of what makes Death Note so revered.
>>
>>86875657
Can you post the L version?
>>
They shouldn't have went with Light, if you pretend it's just a random story about a Death Note user that Ryuk is fucking with then it's a pretty good adaptation. But since he's supposed to be Light it seems wrong.
>>
>people say the score sucks
I'll grant you the song choices were shit, but the score itself I liked. They should of went full NIN instead of just half (Atticus Ross)
>>
>>86879465
This

You could have even have used an OC autismo from L's genius boy school to track him down
>>
>>86875114
>not too perfect
That's the whole point of light's character, he is SUPPOSED to be perfect, which is why it takes someone like L to figure out he is Kira, the only reason we the audience would guess it's him is because we watch him directly.

Light is supposed to be the ideal individual, superior to his peers, and this superiority is what leads him to desire to be a god when granted his power.
>>
>>86879465
I don't mind that it's Light, I just mind that L is in it pretending this is a challenge and that these two have the ambition to be gods
>>
>>86875657
>Surname in reverse is I AM GAY
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>86879096
Yes, AFTER L proves his existence

This undermines L's character as much or more than Light, L goes from a superautist that glens the existence of a supernatural serial killer from an uptick in heart attacks, then proves this and narrows Kira's location to a fraction of Japan,
to a bipolar sperg that randomly guesses Kira is LE and then plants data in EVERY local PD database in the world and then Light accesses this for some reason and then for some reason the Seattle PD has extensive files on former japanese mobsters
>>
>>86877704
I'm fine with it, considering they made Near relevant as early as the Yotsuba arc.
>>
>>86879539
fucking brainlets
>>
>>86878899

Light is much more grounded in reality in this version. He's bright, but not machiavellian levels of manipulation tier. Which if we're honest with ourselves never made much sense, the whole point was to create a thematic backdrop between L & Lights intellects.

With L being born and bred for this kind of shit.
>>
>movie based on mediocre manga/anime is bad
Color me surprised
>>
Anybody else rewatch the anime after seeing this piece of shit movie?
>>
>>86880094
I rewatched this movie after seeing this movie
>>
>>86880094
I'm thinking about rewatching the anime so I can forget about this trash movie.
>>
>>86880094
Every time i think about it i remember near and mello and the bullshit ending and it instantly discourages me
>>
Can't understand the hate really. Me and my girl (who does not know anything about DN) enjoyed it. Some flaws? Sure ya. But cramming a story into 2 hours is going to make things a little sloppy.

Overall good, not like the Japanese version but if I wanted to watch that, I'd load up the anime. A good adaptation that was suspenseful and interesting.

4/5
>>
>>86877711
Name a single part that feels true to the Manga
>>
>>86877958
>make adaptation
>let me just change everything first ;)
>>
>>86878217
Yeah this shit pissed me off too.
>>
>>86879383
I just finished it and feel the same.

Genuinely the ending is the only part where Light shows some thought. Why wasn't that a constant?
>>
>>86880595
>watching past L's death

I never got past the first episode after that because I just didn't care. L's death puts a nice bow on a battle of egos and is in itself a complete package.
>>
>>86876159
>inb4 near and mello are transgender dinosaurs cause 2017
>>
>>86879539
>Yagami
>I am a gay
>>
>>86876495
That's the point you fucking autist lmao
>>
I genuinely thought L wrote the dad's name and that he was about to die after confronting his son (confrontation being a part of what L wrote).
>>
>>86881256
I'm a gay
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.