[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHOTS FUCKING FIRED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 12

>>
Why is it a step back for women? (I dont watch capeshit, esplayne urself anon)
>>
When did Cameron become such a cuck?
He made Terminator for god's sake.
>>
I think we are all going to side with the great Jewish woman Gal Gadot

Fuck you Cameron
>>
I feel like saying Wonder Women isn't feminist is very Anita Sarkeesian type of feminism.
>>
>>86857035
Because it's not "gritty" enough. It's the same argument people made for why Superman can't just be a paragon of truth and justice anymore, he has to be brooding, homicidal and selfish to be believable.
>>
i feared the worst when Cameron said T Genisys was good but at least he recognizes Wonder Woman was no good
>>
>>86857045
Around Avatar and the 20 Terminator sequels he produced and since he let Ridley Scott pretty much retcon Aliens
>>
>>86856996
She's not wrong. Not every female character has to go through some trauma to be a strong, independent woman.
>>
>Make a movie starring a woman
>Step forward for feminism :)
wow
>>
File: 1496522610905.jpg (196KB, 855x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1496522610905.jpg
196KB, 855x1068px
Eh, i love Cameron but He's not saying much besides, 'Sarah Conner was a brutal tomboy and WW is too pretty.' Unless i'm missing something?

It's a shame though, that this guy will be, and is being, absolutely eviscerated in media now for this. He's an eccentric, he's an egotist, but the whole sexist angle seems unfair.
>>
>>86857180
I wonder (((why)))
>>
>>86857035
He's right, but for the wrong reason. There have been plenty of films with women in powerful roles, yet people are acting like WW is some sort of new age breakthrough. Which is especially stupid since it stars a fictional women with superpowers that was created to make young boys dicks hard, and every decision she makes revolves around Chris Pines character.
>>
File: Damn It, Carlos.png (1MB, 1311x1311px) Image search: [Google]
Damn It, Carlos.png
1MB, 1311x1311px
>>86856996
More like "objewctified icon!"
>>
>>86857212
It's not a step back for women to be inspired by men or defer to a man who happens to be better informed.
>>
>>86856996
God I hate male feminists so much, they're the worst
>>
>>86857118
Too bad it's for the completely wrong reasons instead of it being a shitty capeshit flick
>>
>>86857505
Yeah, he even said he liked it
>>
>>86856996
Patty Jenkins looks like my mom.
>>
>>86857693
I'm gonna need lingerie pics of your mom for proof
>>
>>86857180
James Cameron is untouchable
James Cameron and immunized to the jew
James Cameron does what the fuck he wants
>>
>>86857180
>Sarah Conner was a brutal tomboy
In T2 maybe.
In the original she was just some average girl who transforms over the events of the movie into a badass.
>>
>WW was too pretty
lmao. Gal Gadot looks like a boy. A starving Pakistani boy.
>>
>>86856996
I want to make love to Patty Jenkins in her ass
>>
>>86857115
>be a paragon of truth and justice
only beta would claim this
>>
>>86856996
So were paying attention to what a woman's opinion is now? How far has Chan fallen. Broad didn't even show tits.
>>
>>86856996
>be white male
>criticize a woman

After this, and the accusations of the lack "darker blue" diversity in Avatar 2/3/4, he will probably learn the futility of trying to reason with cancer.
>>
>>86857180
He said that Sarah Conner was a character with actual flaws. She's done fucked up stuff, especially to her son, but she manages to be strong and independent throughout.

It sounded like his issue was that WW is too perfect. Which is a fair complaint. I mean, it's easy to invent a literal Mary Sue character, call it a Feminist icon, and then get congratulated for it. Actually representing women means showing that they can have good and bad traits at the same time.
>>
>>86859760
>t. beta
>>
>>86859797
>Broad
>*tips fedora, my hard drinking steak chomping gentleman of impeccable taste, as i to am wise beyond my years and really born in the wrong generation*
>>
>cameron trying to outfeminist wonder woman
What a cuck, no wonder you guys like him so much
>>
>>86859866
>James "all corporations are evil, all native tribes are good and pure" Cameron
>reasoning
>>
File: giphy.gif (997KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
997KB, 500x280px
How many Palestinians would you kill to protect her smile?
>>
>>86859906
If your argument is that women have to be shitty people and bad parents to be good characters, you should probably kill yourself.
>>
>>86859906
This is so stupid it hurts. Lena Dunham sounds more your speed.
>>
>>86859987
Stop viewing shit as black and white. That's the entire reason these Feminist characters are always so criticized. Real people are complex and have both negative and positive traits. Constructing a bullshit character that's literally perfect isn't Feminism, it's Autism.
>>
She got butthurt fast
>>
>>86860309
She's a neophyte in Hollywood, coasting on her one success, and Jim's a legend. It's bound to happen.
>>
>>86859987
>>86860136
He's not wrong though

Sarah Connor feels like an actual woman who goes through events, and is molded and shaped into an individual strong enough to both raise a child and shoulder the burden of being the literal mother of the savior of the human race. I could (and James could) make stupid Mary and Jesus analogies, but it's dodged. She grows as a character into a hero. She's arguably even a better "strong female" than the other favorite, Ripley from Aliens, who also grows as a character from 1 to 2.

Wonder Woman, like all superhero movies, is a cashout. Banking on a pre-existing name and genre sort of like getting a famous TV host to write a book because people will buy based on name alone. She is from a mystical island and imbued with powers, and is judged to be a strong female purely by physical ability. Like all superhero movies, child-like imagination is required, as is child-like morality and a child's understanding of the world.
>>
>>86860157
You're the one viewing shit in black and white. There are actually such a thing as people who have their shit together. Not everyone is a damaged retard like you. Heroes don't all have to be Deadpool or Spawn you stupid monkey.
>>
File: 1493819471211.gif (58KB, 132x140px) Image search: [Google]
1493819471211.gif
58KB, 132x140px
>>86859954

6 Million
>>
>>86857327
It's, it's called being mansplained
>>
>>86859954
All of them
>>
>>86859954
>Smokes
>Is a stick
Really nice face but that's all
>>
>>86857115
T. Marvel cuck
>>
>>86860433
People who have their shit together still have flaws you fucking retard. Are you incapable of considering a normal negative trait that doesn't put someone on par with Deadpool? Here, I can think of one, you're fucking delusional.
>>
File: 3.jpg (32KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
32KB, 620x400px
>>86860474
>mansplained
>>
>>86860418
>muh Sarah
>muh Ripley
No. Women don't have to all be assholes to be good characters, only raging feminists and numale cucks actually believe this. You can have a woman who's strong and also a good mom and not a social outcast. You can also have a mythical savior like Superman or Wonder Woman. And if you think they can't be written well just because they're good people with powers, maybe try actually reading some of their comics before spouting your inane nonsense.
>>
>>86860551
More like you're the one who can't comprehend a good character who isn't damaged.
>>
>>86860515
>t. betacuck
>>
>>86856996
of course it was objectified, only reason wonder woman is a thing is because she has her tits out and wears a short skirt while being a woman in best age with no disabilities
>>
>>86860573
>Ripley and Sarah
>Assholes
Dude just stop replying. You're calling other people Feminists when you're justifying abomination characters like Rey from TFA, who was lauded as an icon of female empowerment.

>just because they're good people
How are you not getting this? You can be a GOOD person with flaws. Literally every good person in real life has some negative trait or another.
>>
>>86860626
If you don't want WW to be objectified, don't hire a fucking model to play her
>>
>>86860597
>negative trait = damaged
If you can't distinguish between these two then you are literally autistic.
>>
>>86859987
you first
>>
>>86860656
>bringing Rey out of nowhere
>still defending Cameron feminism
>>
>>86860711
no u
>>
>>86860474
>mansplaining
>genderizing a word instead of using the word 'patronizing'

Libtards everyone. I guess that car crash into a tree should be called 'womandriving' and woman explaining anything should be called 'cuntfusing the issue'
>>
>messing with big dick jim
not gonna end well for them
>>
>>86860573
How are they assholes in their movies?

Remember too that Sarah was just a young woman who literally fell for and fucked a stranger and was terrified out of her mind in 1.

Ripley was thawed out and immediately saw people unconcerned about the danger of something that killed everyone on a ship besides her and the fucking cat. She might have said mean hurty boo boo words, but it was entirely justified.

I fail to see how either character is an "asshole" archetype, or the "gritty black female cop who tries to intimidate anyone" trope. I also have nothing against characters having powers, but if that is it about the character then why bother? Comic book characters are better without powers anyway.
>>
I liked WW, I wish the girl had more meat in her body but she played a caring and endearing hero. Movie could have been improved (that CGI was crap) but I liked it
>>
>>86860706
>y-you're autistic!
WW did have negative flaws. She saw the world in black and white and thought killing one dude would end war. She actually needed the help of a man to see things through. But I guess she also needs to be ugly and DAMAGED in the Cameron vein to be a good character. That's why I say Lena Dunham in Girls is probably more your speed.
>>
>>86860742
>>bringing Rey out of nowhere
She's one of the best examples of what I'm talking about. A character with no flaws that succeeds at practically everything. If you're against having any negative traits whatsoever in a character, then you're endorsing her Mary Sue bullshit.

You do realize you're the one arguing on the side of Feminists, right? You're supporting WW, or did you forget?
>>
>>86856996
She has crazy eyes and he has dementia eyes
>>
>>86860789
Try again without the reddit spacing.
>>
>>86860742
Rey is near the exact same as wonder woman tho

>has mysterious preexisting powers
>the chosen one
>shows extreme aptitude instantly
>>
>>86860769
>being this much of a sexist
/pol/ is that way
>>
>>86860789
>Comic book characters are better without powers anyway.
Stop. You're obviously trying to justify why Ripley and Sarah are the only kind of women we're allowed to watch and enjoy. Ugly and flat and always being assholes.
>>
>>86860814
>If you're against having any negative traits
Well at least you admit you only know how to strawman. You're the one saying the only characters that are good characters are overly flawed and damaged.
>>
File: based jim.jpg (52KB, 548x723px) Image search: [Google]
based jim.jpg
52KB, 548x723px
Try and stop him Jankins.
>>
>>86859954
There is no such thing as 'Palestinians'.

>>86860597
You are being purposefully obtuse. You know what he is talking about. You can take a look at every single female character in Marvel comics nowadays or in the new expanded universe Star Wars books - they are all the same character, every single one.
>>
>>86860832
I'll never understand why coherent spacing is considered reddit spacing.

I've been here since 2005 and I've never been called reddit before, especially not by some capeshitter
>>
>>86860814
You're arguing against good mothers and women who are actually open to romance. I'd say you're very clearly the feminazi here.
>>
>>86856996
>in current world
>in 2017
>you can't criticize anything or anyone without the criticized party being offended like kindergarten children
>>
>>86857118
Cameron has also said that T3, T:S, AvsP, Prometheus and Covenant are good films. His opinion is worthless and he even backpedals now and claims he only was nice to the TERMINATOR sequels to do Arnold a solid.
>>
>>86860838
You just described Darth Vader.
>>
>>86860948
Tell it to reddit please.
>>
File: wonder woman.webm (3MB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman.webm
3MB, 960x400px
>>86856996
>>
>>86860866
I really don't give a fuck what you watch or enjoy, but to shit on Sarah, Ripley or based Jim and espouse some literal who and a bitch in a miniskirt is pure retardation
>>
>>86860904
>overly flawed and damaged
Show me the post where I used either of these terms, faggot.

Stop exaggerating shit because you know you're wrong. I never said someone has to be damaged, but that they should have some negative traits. You know, like every human being on the planet does.
>>
>>86860958
This. Cameron lost most perspective by the time of Titanic and all perspective by the time of AVATAR.
>>
>>86859954
I'd rather have 1 million jews than 1 single muslim. at least jews have a culture. muslims just want to live in the stone age.
>>
>>86861013
>women can't wear skirts, only pants
Yawn.
>>
>>86860948
upvoted and reddit gilded my fellow redditor

we must ensure the serious spacing to keep our triple digit iq thoughts cooherent and nice to read

i really agree on this, otherwise its problematic am i right my fellow friend
>>
>>86860974
I never said anakin was a good character
>>
>>86861016
>If you're against having any negative traits whatsoever in a character
Show me where I said this, faggot. Stop exaggerating shit because you know you're wrong.
>>
>>86861039
Nice try schlomo. You're going out with the muzzies.
>>
>>86860951
>n-no you're the feminazi!
Okay, let's just ignore what the vast majority of Feminists are saying.

>You're arguing against good mothers
Literally how? Show me where I'm arguing against good mothers you fuckwit, I'll wait.

I'm arguing against nonsense depictions of women, that's it. A good mother is a good mother because she's worked hard to be one. Not because she's just born perfect in every way.
>>
>>86861174
>hurr women have to be damaged to be good mothers
Kek just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>86861174
If you have a female character who isn't fuckable and doesn't show feminine tenderness, you already have a problem. I think you're just upset that WW actually has time for sex whereas Sara and Ripley don't because they have to be honorary men in Cameron's mind. Sorry, I don't consider unfuckable women to be good characters.
>>
>>86861070
You sperged out because I posted that a good character should have human flaws. That clearly means you disagree, unless you strawmanned the entire fucking argument.
>>
>>86861256
This isn't even vaguely related to what I posted.
>>
>>86861265
>good character
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
>>
>>86861311
If you say so. Just keep jerking to unfuckable women if it helps you sleep better at night.
>>
>>86861342
>underage: the post
>>
>>86856996

Who?
Patty Jenkins?
The Antichrist director?
>>
>>86861357
Again, not even vaguely related. Did you have a stroke?
>>
>>86861389
Did you?
>>
>>86861369
>projecting: the post
>>
>>86860948
Le upboat XD
>>
>>86861451
>your mother is riding my dick: the post
>>
>>86861432
Wow, you got me man. How will I recover?
>>
>>86861512
Will you?
>>
>>86861503
>your mom is not your mom: the cock
>>
>>86859417
He meant that it is pathetic the way that Gadot was make up
Going to fight in the second war with that lipstick and that hair in commercial shampoo, making faces and mouths
Simply ridiculous
>>
>>86861522
ye
>>
>>86861005
kek. this looks bad
>>
>>86856996
I don't think it's a step back but I agree with Cameron with a lot of his points. WW was just pandering, it was never about the women's rights. Gal Gadot didn't really go under the physical regiment you would expect a physically strong woman to go through, this is apparent when you compare her to the other Amazonians in the film. It's obvious a muscular woman as a lead would not market.

Then there is the female director, which was done mainly to give the appearance of the movie being legitimately to "feminists".

On the otherhand James Cameron actually created a great female character in Sarah Connor. In the first Terminator she was pretty cute and in T2 he made the actress playing her get into top physical shape for the role at the expense of her attractiveness. Cameron did this to make a better character and story, there was no financial incentive to do it, if anything it was a financial risk
>>
>>86861544
>i am your new step dad: the shock
>>
>>86856996
Isn't Cuckmeron blocking the release of True Lies on blu-ray because he thinks the film is too racist/sexist or some other bullshit?
>>
File: 1502392440565.jpg (11KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
1502392440565.jpg
11KB, 302x167px
>>86856996

This guys are fucking Gadot since her childhood?
Just a question
>>
cameron utterly btfo
>>
>>86856996
Since when did Cameron become a cuck? What's his problem?
>>
>>86860789
I agree. Ripley in Aliens and Sarah Connor in T1/T2 are the best examples of female protagonists who kick ass while being developed. In both cases, they were the Final Girl in Alien and T1; both of which were top-notch sci-fi horror.

The only other female protagonist I can think of that's pretty cool is the Australian girl in You're Next. She grew up in the outback, knew survival tricks, and didn't do the typical stupid shit that horror characters did. And when she did commit a mistake that gave away her position, she improvised very quickly.

The deaf woman in Hush was also pretty good too. Especially how she carefully considered her options and assessed that she couldn't run or hide effectively and had to kill the murderer once and for all.

All 4 characters I've mentioned have to do with being in slasher/horror films and making rational choices during difficult times. And Cameron excelled in tapping into the maternal instincts of Ripley in Aliens and Sarah in T2 to be badass women.
>>
>>86860663
all marvel hires is supermodels to teach us normal people dont matter ;) their movies arent supposed to be relatable or realistic to anyone
>>
>>86856996
Just wait until he has to back peddle and apologise for mansplaining how to make a female movie to a female director.

You never win with feminists, the only winning move is to not play.
>>
>>86856996
who cares
>>
>James Cameron don't get Wonder Woman
LOL, please womansplain us the deep subtext in that capshit movie because between explosion and awful acting I was sleeping, maybe I lissed something important that isn't a stronk anorexic womyn beating men
>>
>>86861558
ne
>>
>>86861674
You're acting like it isn't his fault.
>>
>>86861674
it's backpedal

peddle is to sell wares
>>
>>86859987
The argument is that Sarah Connor is more than just some perfect ideal female warrior, she has baggage and has very real flaws to her. Wonder Woman's flaws aren't visible whatsoever in her movie and her sense of justice is never combatted in a real way and she never really struggles in a sincere way. This kind of basic bitch stereotype is becoming too common with female action characters now and it's boring as shit.
>>
>>86862028
It is his fault, I want him to get devoured by feminists for it. It's the best comeuppance there is for baseless pandering.

>>86862064
You're right, my bad.
>>
>>86862130
THIS

Remember how in T2, she decided to assassinate Miles Dyson so that Skynet would never be designed? She was becoming the very thing she hated: a Terminator.
>>
Wonder Women was fucking shit
>>
Remember when films just cast whoever was the best actor/made the most sense and didnt make a huge deal out of MUH DIVERSITY

Terminator 1&2 and Alien 1&2 are prime examples of having a stronge female lead without it being MUH STRONK FEMALE, they just cast the best person for the job
>>
>>86857180
how is Gadot pretty though
>>
>>86862635
I wonder if people raised shitstorms when Billy Dee Williams was Harvey Dent in the Burton Batman movies?
>>
>>86856996
Women and cucks are now going to boycott Avatar sequels. James should know that in these times you can't say anything bad about a woman or else you are an evil white nazi and he needs to check his privilege
>>
serious question guys, will capeshit ever die? i get this unnerving feeling that were going to be hammered by capeshit until i die.
>>
>>86860769
>cuntfusing
the proper term is broadcasting
>>
File: b3.jpg (244KB, 1054x1200px) Image search: [Google]
b3.jpg
244KB, 1054x1200px
Cameron is wrong about implying there's something wrong about Wonder Woman being objectified.

I mean, you can agree with him if you want, but if you do please turn over your dick and balls, you fucking eunuch cuck.
>>
>>86861039
>waaah I'm a perpetual victim oy vey
>culture
>>
>>86862926
It will start to decline after Infinity War, everyone keeps watching the Marvel movies because it leads to the Infinity War Climax which hasn't been done before in movies
>>
>>86862951
He's not saying there's something wrong with her being objectified, he's saying there's something wrong with the movie being praised as a step in the right direction when it was nothing but objectification.
>>
>>86856996

Hey that woman is a national treasure. She died at Sandy Hook and Boston in the name of feminism.
>>
>>86863413
Someone has that image.
>>
>>86863234

Well, he's still a faggot for saying that.

Let's be honest, Cameron was wrong the moment he opened his mouth.

First he accused the successful movie starring a female superhero done by a female director for being a product too oriented by a male mindset of what the ideal woman should be about. Then he, a male director, tried to determine what a good female character is all about, citing examples from his own movies, specially for other women. Then on top of that he tried to imply that a strong female character can only be considered strong when they're not conventionally pretty and tough as a man.

The guy fucked up from the start. I love Cameron, but i can't side with him on this one. First he was stupid to tell women what women should look up to. Then, as hot-blooded male, the fact that he tried to say that a female character has too bulldyke to be a good female example is just like... no, fuck no.
>>
hes right but said the wrong words.
ww would have been better if a black female director wrote the movie instead.
>>
>>86857035
Because Wonder Woman ended up not being Cameron's personal masturbation fantasy material.
>>
>>86856996
Cameron has fuck you money and he isn't afraid to use it. Men like that change the world
>>
File: net worth.png (62KB, 266x599px) Image search: [Google]
net worth.png
62KB, 266x599px
>>86863891
This kek, Patty Jenkins is a literal who and he can do whatever the fuck he wants
>>
>>86857212
> fictional women with superpowers that was created to make young boys dicks hard

except it was created by a degenerate psychologist that was 'married' to two feminists
>>
>>86860483
Only right answer
>>
>>86857212
>There have been plenty of films with women in powerful roles, yet people are acting like WW is some sort of new age breakthrough.
yeah, sigourney weaver as ellen ripley (honestly more roles that just that) and what's-her-face as sarah connor in T2 were awesome action heroines; and most importantly, believably tough and hard
but no, women lose their shit over some capeshit woman with super powers
>>
>>86862951
>implying there's something wrong about Wonder Woman being objectified.

He's not, he's just saying that you can't make an objectified icon the subject of idolatry for an anti-objectification movement.
>>
>>86865825
He made avatar so he would know more about objectification than anybody.
>>
File: IMG_2880.jpg (19KB, 191x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2880.jpg
19KB, 191x300px
>>86859954
None I would prefer a jewess who has meat on her bones
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.