[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Last 48 Hours Has Shown the Anti-DCEU Media Bias

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 424
Thread images: 69

File: 221608-bg.jpg (365KB, 1700x1100px) Image search: [Google]
221608-bg.jpg
365KB, 1700x1100px
Bloggers like to laugh and claim there isn’t one, and then go and call DC fans “assholes”, but the last 48 hours has shown that there is definitely an anti-DCEU bias in the media. Anything even remotely negative, even if it’s completely untrue, is plastered everywhere with huge sensationalist headlines in order to try to fuel the “Marvel is great, DC is terrible” mindset so many film writers seem to have these days.

Just look at what has happened over the last two days:

1. News came out about a potential “Elseworlds” style Joker origin movie. Despite them doing a pretty cool origin idea in the comics that everyone seems to like (where there were three Jokers over history, explaining his different looks over the years), everyone swore that no one wants a Joker origin.

2. Then word came out about a Joker/Harley Quinn movie. Again, despite “Mad Love” being one of the single most popular graphic novels DC Comics has ever published, people claimed that no one would want a movie potentially based on that story.

3. The biggest example of an anti-DCEU frenzy in the media and social media came last night where people mis-construed comments by Matt Reeves in an interview to claim that The Batman wouldn’t be part of the DCEU and wouldn’t feature Affleck in the cowl. Things got so bad with that story, The Hollywood Reporter even had to delete part of their reporting and issue a correction. Today Matt Reeves confirmed the movie is set in the DCEU, but it won’t be filled with Justice League cameos. It’s a Batman movie, not a crossover.

The last 48 hours has shown, in particular the Batman story, that it doesn’t matter if a DCEU story is completely false; if it makes DC look bad people will slobber all over it and spread it far and wide. The sensationalist headlines get all the clicks and social engagement, while the eventual retraction will get ignored.
>>
Superhero movie fatigue is setting in and DC is still trying to find footing in a slowly dying craze. Its not some conspiracy, were all just tired of watching trash.
>>
>>86852140
>were all just tired of watching trash.
marvel trash. i only would love dc.
>>
>>86852198
It still trash.the genre is the same and the one that tried to do diferent failed.
>>
*FART*
>>
>>86852076
This is almost indisputably true at this point. It's psy-op level shit going on.
>>
>>86852076
What makes it even more suspect is that the interview they were referencing was something so obscure it took them better than a month to become aware of it. That means someone is devoting time to looking for any and everything that can possibly be spun into a negative and feeding the information to sites they know don't care about anything but dem delicious clicks.
>>
>>86852076
Your DC bias is showing.

Joker is a shit character, no one wants more of him or more of his shit-tier stories. The edgy anarchist villain embodies everything wrong with DC.

Also capeshit is terrible, the fact you are defending capeshit speaks volume of your double IQ.
>>
>>86852198
>Homecoming gets raving reviews from shills.
>Not a single negative article despite failing expected box office.

Even their fucking trash gets praised while DC gets negative press about """"rumors"""".
>>
>>86854734
>psy-op level shit going on

retard detected
>>
>retarded director literally says his movie wouldn't be part of the "Extended Universe"
>site runs the story
>director says that wasn't actually what he meant, it was a poor choice of words

>ANTI-DCEU BIAS
>>
>>86852076
You're not wrong.

Didn't Captain Marvel replaced one of the directors and rewriting the script? I've only seen one article about it but when it happens with DC there's like a dozen claiming DCEU is cancelled.

Also that faggot John Campea is still butthurt. Kek
>>
File: marvel shill.jpg (158KB, 1114x928px) Image search: [Google]
marvel shill.jpg
158KB, 1114x928px
No fucking shit the Disney has the media paid off. They managed to bribe them into giving TFA a good score they can get them to do anything.
>>
>>86855054
Your lack of a cogent argument speaks volumes. Go ahead and call me an autist, too. Let everyone know how utterly devoid of imagination, logical reasoning, and original thought you truly are.
>>
Come on, you shilling fucks. Why so quiet?

For fun, DCbros, search how many sites that published the rumors are now staunchly refusing to publish facts. It's good for a laugh. Is it possible that these bullshit clickbait sites are bought? Rumours point toward yes. A well-informed insider tells me that not only is it a distinct possibility, but that it's a practice that Disney has engaged in for years.

Be sure to check back in as new rumours come to light concerning this latest Disney controversy.
>>
>>86852076
You're psychotic.
>>
>>86856515
>A well-informed insider tells me that not only is it a distinct possibility, but that it's a practice that Disney has engaged in for years.

We JFK assassination now
>>
>make four really bad movies
>people aren't excited for the fifth? CONSPIRACY!!

>>
>>86856638
Are you denying it?

THIS JUST IN: DISNEY ADVOCATE DENIES SMEAR CAMPAIGN ALLEGATIONS.

But the real question is why won't all these rumours and the controversy lingering around the House of Mouse just not go away? Could they be hiding something?
>>
>>86856515
Then why doesn't WB fireback or at least get good PR to counter this bias?
>>
>>86857095
What do you think OP is?
>>
>>86852076
Maybe DC shouldn't have started its extended universe with some of the worst movies ever made.
People have every right to be apprehensive about future DC releases.
>>
>>86852076
No one wants a fucking Joker origin story though and only normies want more Harley Quinn, personally sick of her being shoehorned into everything.
>>
>>86852076
cry more DCuck
>>
>>86854988
I hate to break it to you, but Homecoming was a good movie. Maybe DC should try THAT formula more.
>>
>>86857095
Maybe because Disney has far deeper pockets? It's pretty obvious what they're doing.

Outside their theme parks, Disney's never been big on imagination. Even at the height of their creativity and artistry, they'd far rather capitalize on public domain IPs than tell stories of their own devising, all this while spending untold sums of cash schmoozing with Congressmen, wining and dining them with lobbyists, you name it, all to keep any of their own copyrights from expiring.

That's a bit of a two-edged sword for them, though, because while they protect their own IPs, the extensions on the length of copyright protections prevents any of their competitors' IPs from passing into public domain as well. This leaves the Mouse with no choice but to buy these IPs, which is exactly what they just did with Marvel and Star Wars. It's a practice they will continue, because it's far easier to manipulate the public than it is to craft a captivating, wholly original story. Any and all things they can do to damage rival brands is absolutely in their best interests in the long-term, and the closer they come to establishing the sort of regulation-proof monopoly they're seeking to establish, the harder it becomes to oppose them.

The problem is that Disney has become the place where art goes to die. Their stories are unimaginative, safe, inoffensive, non-polarizing, pretty much the antithesis of what anyone would consider thought-provoking, and terribly, terribly formulaic. Even when they make something as technically innovative as Tron was in its day, what people remember are the stunning visuals, not the stories, certainly not the characters. They have become, at best, technical innovators who seldom innovate, contenting themselves with rehashes, remakes, live-action reproductions of previous works as they bash their competition until they cave in and sell out to them.

Then the next round of Disneyfied, depthless husks of characters you once idolized join the parade.
>>
I can't get over how much effort people are devoting to mental gymnastics to justify, to themselves, liking shit movies simply because they had high production values.
>>
>>86854988

But homecoming was pretty good.
>>
>>86857969
If you think Homecoming was a good Spider-Man movie, you don't know shit about Spider-Man.
>>
>>86858111
But muh Batman vs Superman!
>>
>>86858242
I think you're the one that doesn't know anything about Spidey, tard.
>>
BUT

MUH

QUIPS

MUH

ORANGE

SLICES
>>
>>86858242
Considering the last three (or five) spiderman movies have been completely godawful, I have no opinions on homecoming, as I'm not watching that shit till it's free.
>>
>>86854988
>Not a single negative article despite failing expected box office.
Why would there be any articles about it failing when it's very successful?
>>
>>86858279
Remind me again how Pete idolizes Tony Stark as his voice of wisdom, how it was Tony Stark that inspired him to rise above himself, and how it was Tony Stark who first gave him the idea to be the local working man's hero.

I'm all fucking ears.
>>
>>86858366
Tell me about how Pa and Ma Kent were assholes that tried to turn Clark into a cold dick again? I forget how that turned out.
>>
>>86858535
Pa Kent died treating his son like a normal kid instead of an invincible god. If you can't see how that's an important part of Superman's development, then you've been watching too many Disney movies.

You probably don't have a problem with Tony giving a fifteen-year-old kid he barely knows a StarkTech suit with an "Instant Kill Mode" and security so shitty that a teenager with a laptop can hack it. That's what you're defending.
>>
>>86852076

I didn't think anything less. When it comes to the Reeves comment, I expected things to unfold exactly the way they did, not even joking

>States something that is pretty obvious to people who can think properly or who at least know the universe involved
>media outlets start reporting exactly the shit he said at face value and don't even consider writing that it could be what he actually meant
>he proves all those shitheads wrong and now people are shutting the fuck up

it's actually pretty pathetic at this point how much people want to shit on the DCEU. Even on this board, retards have nothing better to do than shit on it instead of talking about the things they like (not addressing only Marveldrones btw)
>>
>>86858774
You're reaching pretty fucking hard. And that mode wasn't meant to be unlocked so early AND is meant to be a joke of how over the top Tony gets working on things.

But you're a pathetic DC fag, so any levity goes right over your head.
>>
>>86852076
true.
>>
File: IMG_0736.jpg (52KB, 512x429px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0736.jpg
52KB, 512x429px
>>86858990
Levity doesn't. Neither does shitty writing. You're defending Spidey and pretty much every other Marvel character being reduced to to shit-side of Pixar caricatures.

It might be entertaining, but don't for one moment pretend they're even within spitting distance of their comic book personalities.
>>
File: wired on why JL is bad.jpg (289KB, 948x1174px) Image search: [Google]
wired on why JL is bad.jpg
289KB, 948x1174px
>>86857095
Fire back on what? It's a rumor that started out of thin air (just like Ben leaving) and then WB felt embarrassed enough by the low standards of clickbait to eventually respond.
>>
File: disney shill.jpg (259KB, 1077x759px) Image search: [Google]
disney shill.jpg
259KB, 1077x759px
Just how much does Disney own? Well they put the fucking New York Times in the corner. They can put the countless no-name blog sites in the corner if they want to.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/movies/star-wars-rogue-one-review.html?_r=0

>Whether that is enough — whether the fractures in the Rebel Alliance and the power struggles in the imperial ranks quicken our pulses and engage our emotions — is the big question, but it really isn’t a question at all. Millions of people will sit through this thoroughly mediocre movie (directed with basic competence by Gareth Edwards from a surprisingly hackish script by Chris Weitz and Tony Gilroy) and convince themselves that it’s perfectly delightful. It’s so much easier to obey than to resist. The spoiler warning sent by the Disney empire instructed journalists to “continue to be our partners on this journey,” and defiance is unthinkable, even if “partner” is taken as a synonym for “shill.”
>>
>>86858913
DC brought it on themselves, is the problem.
>>
>>86859098
You are so full of shit.
>>
File: 1502603097156.jpg (267KB, 1050x704px) Image search: [Google]
1502603097156.jpg
267KB, 1050x704px
>>86859312
TRIGGERED
>>
>>86852140
>Superhero movie fatigue is setting in
Clearly not.
>>
>DCEU fans are so cucked at this point they have nothing left to resort to other than 'shills' and 'media bias'
Kek
>>
>>86854988
What was the expected box office? And I don't mean from autists on /tv/.
>>
File: Everything is Connected.jpg (662KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Everything is Connected.jpg
662KB, 3000x3000px
>>
>>86855280
>Didn't Captain Marvel replaced one of the directors and rewriting the script?
There's a new scriptwriter, but they haven't changed the directors.
>>
>>86857078
I mean, nobody really needs to deny it because there's nothing to deny. You've made a baseless assertion, the burden of proof is on you. Why must there be some conspiracy when audiences prefer Marvel movies too?
>>
>>86859110
>It's a rumor that started out of thin air
No, the director said that it would not be part of the extended universe, so news sites reported that it would not be part of the extended universe.
>>
>Batman Vs Superman is awful
>Suicide Squad is unwatchable
>I-it's a conspiracy! It's everyone else's fault! PLEASE CRY WITH ME
>Wonder Woman universally praised
>NOT ENOUGH! CONSPIRACY
Kill yourself
>>
File: IMG_0758.jpg (360KB, 1458x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0758.jpg
360KB, 1458x1536px
>>86859537
Would you say that indicates they're dissatisfied with the script? Would you say that might hint that they're having trouble with it? Would it surprise you if one were to point out the utter lack of any terms that were even slightly negative in any of the concerned articles' titles?

This is what we're talking about when we mention "spin."
>>
>>86858242
It was a great depiction of Spider-Man and Peter Parker, but I agree the movie itself wasn't particularly fantastic.
>>
>>86859699
Anyone with two brain cells could understand he meant it as a solo film. Media intentionally going full retard so they can push their agenda.
>>
>>86858774
>Pa Kent died treating his son like a normal kid

Normal kids are shitheads who in the absence of authority will consider themselves free to do whatever they want. An immortal god is utterly beyond any sort of human authority. Lord of the flies is a great treatise on what happens when children are given total freedom, and clark has even greater freedom than golding could even imagine.
>>
>>86859699
Where's the original interview?
>>
>>86859767
>director directly and unequivocally states a movie won't be canon to the DCEU
>its a conspiracy that people are saying a movie won't be canon to the DCEU

>>
>>86859769
Which is what makes it all the more important for the Kents to focus on the "man" over the "super." You're basically making my argument for me.
>>
File: 1482167922062.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
1482167922062.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>86859826
>director directly and unequivocally states a movie won't be canon to the DCEU
Fake

News
>>
>>86859844
I'd only be making your argument if the DCEU kents did anything but focus on the worst aspects of the "man."
>>
File: mouseshills.jpg (274KB, 921x897px) Image search: [Google]
mouseshills.jpg
274KB, 921x897px
>>
>>86859877
So where did the director say the movie would be canon to the DCEU? Feel free to link the "real" news.
>>
File: mouse owns reddit.jpg (118KB, 821x768px) Image search: [Google]
mouse owns reddit.jpg
118KB, 821x768px
Once you own the major social media sites you basically own the narrative. Disney can make up something on one end they own and then have the other end repeat it endlessly to give off the impression of legitimacy. We are seeing the true extent of corporate stranglehold of the Internet.
>>
>>86859932
>he said this!
>that is not true
>ok, when did he NOT say this????
You tried your best today Marvel Pajeet.
>>
remember when WB marketing tried to imply all negative press was a conspiracy because that was easier than defending any aspect of the DCEU?
>>
>Two out of their four movies are complete dogshit
>The other two are medicore
>DCEU fans somehow don't expect a bias towards their next movie
>>
File: MR1.jpg (83KB, 1440x1070px) Image search: [Google]
MR1.jpg
83KB, 1440x1070px
>>86859896
Part 1/3
>>
>>86860008
Again, he said something that can only be interpreted one way, so unless he stated a retraction/clarification, then that one interpretation is the only interpretation.

Which means you either need to post where he retracted/clarified his earlier statements or shut the fuck up and accept the one and only valid interpretation of the statement.
>>
>>86860022
As opposed to 17 dogshit MCU movies with zero innovations or bold moves to show for.
>>
File: MR2.jpg (87KB, 1435x933px) Image search: [Google]
MR2.jpg
87KB, 1435x933px
>>86859896
Part 2/3
>>
File: 1503601999658.jpg (195KB, 1241x910px) Image search: [Google]
1503601999658.jpg
195KB, 1241x910px
>>86852076
What happened to this? I mean we had like 12 threads about it yesterday
>>
>>86859733
Why should there be a negative reaction? This happens often and has happened more than once in the MCU. It's hardly comparable to The Flash losing three directors in a row and as many writers, with two page-one re-writes. Marvel gets the benefit of the doubt because they've earned it. DC has at best lurched from mediocrity to humiliation by contrast, and so Ben saying he'll write The Batman (then not) and direct it (then not) is bound to get alarm bells ringing. It's only a matter of time because we hear that he won't act in it either.
>>
>>86860041
>>86860076

Hey, the only guy defending the DCEU, you're getting your arguments crossed.
>>
>>86860068
>he said this
Ok so where did he say it's not canon? That's what you claimed he said. Where is it? You're getting sad now.
>>
File: MR3.jpg (84KB, 1424x943px) Image search: [Google]
MR3.jpg
84KB, 1424x943px
>>86859896
>>86860041
>>86860076
Sorry, I meant to reply to this one:
>>86859932
>>
File: 1497939946257.jpg (423KB, 1860x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1497939946257.jpg
423KB, 1860x1400px
>>86860097
>Marvel gets the benefit of the doubt because they've earned it
Yes they've earned it by ruining cinema forever by barely TV-quality quipshit that have become so mundane and repetitive the average person can't even tell them apart anymore.

Marvel earns what it pays for. It's that simple. You're all the proof needed that mouseshills are real. You can't stop suck that Feige cock.
>>
>>86859781
https://www.kcrw.com/news-culture/shows/the-business/director-matt-reeves-on-war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes
>>
>>86860169
>>86860076
>>86860041
why did you post it as three giant twitter screencaps instead of, say, twitter links?
>>
>>86852076
It's simply an easy story to tell. From media conglomerates all the way down to lowly bloggers, nobody has any more interest in writing another 'maybe it will be good this time' spot. It's merely the path of least resistance.
>>
File: wonder woman.jpg (181KB, 1376x434px) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman.jpg
181KB, 1376x434px
>The Internet is not happy
>fans are wondering
>people are asking
>critics are thinking
All the trademark ways to open your article with the desire of pushing a narrative and attempting to legitimize it by giving it a sense of agreed consensus.
>>
>>86860176
>make movies that aren't completely god-awful

>ruined cinema forever

>>
>>86852076
heres an idea, start producing media that is independent from any shithead journalists or other idiots

biggest brands shouldnt just be fuel for attentionwhoring twats who wanna make every trend about themselves coz of uncured narcism
>>
>GotG2 is expected to break a billion
>it's very bad so it doesn't, it fails to outgross BvS which is allegedly a "flop"
>homecoming is expected to break a billion
>it's very bad so it doesn't, it fails to outgross BvS which is allegedly a "flop"
Pay no mind, OP. They are just trying to regain some control over the situation
>>
>>86860176
At this point "kino" is just a term used exclusively by marketers.
>>
>>86860075
>I have no argument so I'm just gonna call every movie bad
>>
>>86860176
>marvel has ruined cinema forever because screencaps from their movies don't make great cinegrids
>>
>>86860198
> https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/status/900784577802678272

> https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/status/900784804886568960

> https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/status/900784948025503745

> https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/status/900785061926010880

Better?
>>
File: laughing-leopard.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-leopard.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
Imagine being this upset about superhero movies. Lmaoing at your life, OP.
>>
File: 1480343515265.gif (958KB, 480x198px) Image search: [Google]
1480343515265.gif
958KB, 480x198px
>>86860233
There is no doubt in my mind that the MCU is the greatest cancer to have ever hit cinema. Never before has blockbuster cinema dropped this low in quality and diversity. It's the highest point of cynical entertainment.
>>
>>86860271
BvS is considered a flop because of how much it cost to make and market and how little it made, comparatively. Not to mention such a movie, were it not complete dog shit, would have easily made 2-3 billion.

Both of your examples cost far less than BvS did to make and market, thus their less-than-expected performance is less of a loss.
>>
File: dc-marvel1.jpg (135KB, 655x646px) Image search: [Google]
dc-marvel1.jpg
135KB, 655x646px
>>86860306
>cinematography is not important
>writing is not important
>but quips? That's where the shit is at!
You are an embarrassment in your transparent shilling Pajeet.
>>
>>86860331
Now I ask, was that so hard? Why did you need to get your ass so high in the air about fake news and agendas when you had the real information readily available?
>>
>>86860271
Who expected either of those movies to break a billion? No MCU opening solo movie has made close to that, guess which one made the most though...
>>
File: dc box office.jpg (352KB, 1469x751px) Image search: [Google]
dc box office.jpg
352KB, 1469x751px
>>86860370
Nobody considers BvS a flop but the most delusional Marvel shills on 4chan. It earned 900m, sold on par with Civil War on blu-ray and had NO 50 MILLION DOLLAR RESHOOTS LIKE CIVIL WAR
>>
>>86860409
Matt Reeves had to actively come out and shut this shit down because dumbass news sites were shilling bullshit.
>>
>>86860356
Why does civil war make you so angry? I don't understand.

No one was really happy with that movie, but no one really expected anything from it either.
>>
File: 1490710603947.jpg (149KB, 1140x670px) Image search: [Google]
1490710603947.jpg
149KB, 1140x670px
>>86860442
>who expected a film featuring the two biggest superheroes next to Batman to break a billion
I don't know, maybe every single breathing thing on the planet?

Homecoming is a major dud. They expected SM3 (with inflation numbers). Now they get ASM2 numbers.
>>
File: Snyder Nails It.webm (2MB, 1916x796px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Nails It.webm
2MB, 1916x796px
>>86860397
>cinematography
>>
>>86860443
It is considered a flop by anyone capable of simple mathematics. It represented an investment of around 800m, and barely grossed that much.
>>
>>86860473
Spiderman and ironman are no where near the level of profile as superman and batman
>>
>>86860443
>sold on par with Civil War on blu-ray
Only because they fucked the theatre cut so hard they had to promise a fixed version for the BluRay.
>>
Here are some facts

1.- DC saturating the market is bad for Disney
2.- None of the DCEU movies have flopped, some have underperformed (MoS and BvS) and others have overperformed (SS, WW)
3.- First Hulk and First Avengers did flop
4.- Wonder Woman has made more profit than GotG2 and Homecoming, probably more than both combined
5.- Doctor Strange, Guardians 2 and Homecoming have all underperformed (as in, performed below what was expected of them by the studio)
6.- The DCEU is under a 24/7 fake news bombardment, they ran a "Ben Affleck won't be The Batman" stories after Affleck himself confirmed he will be

Add whatever you want boys
>>
>>86860271
>GotG2 is expected to break a billion
>homecoming is expected to break a billion
Lmao, I keep seeing DCucks post this without any source, because, well, there isn't any.
Oh and both GOTG 2 and Homecoming have made much more of a profit than BvS did, because budget is actually a big factor in a movies success.
>BvS
Budget: $300 million
Box Office: $873.3 million
>Made 2.9x its budget back not including Marketing

>GOTG2
Budget: $200 million
Box Office: $862.3 million
>Made 4.3x its budget back not including marketing

>Homecoming
Budget: $175 million
Box Office: $726.7 million
>Has made about 4.2x its budget back so far not including marketing
>>
>>86860516
Iron Man certainly isn't, but Spider-Man is the biggest superhero by far.
>>
>>86860445
Again, he said something that could only be interpreted one way. As the the concept of cinematic universe linked solo movies is a decade old at this point. So saying a movie won't be a part of the DCEU is saying something completely different than "cinematic universe linked solo movie."
>>
>>86859604
Not even him but your mental gymnastic that there isn't any evidence doesn't convince anyone. The evidence is that dozens of huge sites and media outlets were dogpiling The Batman over something misspoken and now revealed to be untrue.
Personally I think people will shill for Disney for free, the mouse doesn't have to pay for any of it, though they would if needed. Disney has earned their momentum with a hundred years of cherished American filmmaking and cartooning, and it's only natural for reporters to side with America's greatest wholesome monopoly. However it's still true that people aren't reporting that the story the told that The Batman was going to be 'non-canon' was false.
>>
>>86860547
>Budget: $300 million
*250 million
>http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superman2015.htm
So that's 3.4 times. No need to make shit up, shill
>>
File: marvel cinematic abortions.jpg (418KB, 1198x1479px) Image search: [Google]
marvel cinematic abortions.jpg
418KB, 1198x1479px
>>86860446
>MCU can do no wrong
>point out that time of many they shat the bed completely
>ok that time doesn't count
Every fucking time. Let's talk about the latest Marvel movies shall we? Civil War? Yeah ok Kevin Feige looked at the BvS teaser and told his fuck slaves Russos to mimic it as hard as possible and then they shoved in an out of place airport fight in it because they got last-second rights for Spidey(tm).

Dr Strange? An absolute bore. Story with zero substance. Strange is basically Tony Stark but with magic instead of tech. The action sucks, the quips sucks, final boss is lame.

GoTG2? Oh where to start with this one? Maybe the fact that every joke went on five minutes too long and the film insisted on hitting us in the head with character thoughts. Yes we get it. Yondu wanted to save Meme Lord. YOU HAVE SAID IT FOUR TIMES ALREADY. FOUR TIMES

Spider-Man Homeflopping? lol
>>
>>86860545
>The DCEU is under a 24/7 fake news bombardment, they ran a "Ben Affleck won't be The Batman" stories after Affleck himself confirmed he will be
Did Marvel convince his brother to say in an interview that he wouldn't be in The Batman?
>>
>>86860572
Spiderman is well below wonder woman and the incredible hulk as far as profile goes.

Especially considering how god-fucking-awful the last three (or five) spiderman movies were.
>>
>>86860516
>Iron-Man 3 did 1.2 billion at the box office.

That's more than any Batman or Superman film has been ever.
>>
>>86860622
As a joke immediately followed by "I was making that up"? Probably not
>>
File: doctor strange christine.webm (3MB, 576x240px) Image search: [Google]
doctor strange christine.webm
3MB, 576x240px
>>86860616
>>
>>86860616
You're the only one saying MCU can do no wrong.

You're the only one even acting like ANYONE is defending any aspect of the MCU in, this, a DCEU thread. Because implying all negative criticism is coming from an opposite side in an imagined brand war is easier than defending any aspect of the DCEU on it's own merits.

just stop this embarassing infantile bullshit
>>
File: IMG_0649.jpg (31KB, 740x657px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0649.jpg
31KB, 740x657px
>>86859932
Here's the original podcast.

https://www.kcrw.com/news-culture/shows/the-business/director-matt-reeves-on-war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes

Starting at about the 24-minute mark. In context, what he's saying is perfectly clear. It took someone cherry picking it a month after the fact to spin it into a wholly manufactured "controversy."
>>
>>86860572
>>86860516
Definitely Spiderman is #1 at merch sales, that's why they keep making movies every year, and we had like 6 animated series since 2000, in terms of sales overall only Batman and Spiderman are A-list, everyone else is B-list or worse.
>>
>>86860649
Iron Man 3 came out right after the Avengers and was the final film in a very successful trilogy
>>
File: im3_cw.png (580KB, 1391x1323px) Image search: [Google]
im3_cw.png
580KB, 1391x1323px
>>86860516
>>
>>86860657
He didn't say it as a joke. He said it matter-of-factly and then immediately shit himself and backtracked when he realised he'd said something he wasn't supposed to.
>>
>>86860658
Literally Gwyneth Paltrow and RDJ.
>>
>>86860666
I'm pretty sure it's the same guy from yesterdays thread. Actually had decent conversation going until the guy showed up and started bringing up Marvel for no fucking reason
>>
>>86860701
So? Does that somehow change its box office numbers? Iron Manlet alone can pull well above a billion. So could Spidey just a few years back. And now Iron Manlet v Spider Twink can't even hit a billion duo. Holy shit what a failure. Luckily for Feige, Amy will take the fall for his SJW garbage.
>>
>>86860704
>he's still going
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnREl3UKG0Y
Jesus christ you guys never know when to give up, do you
>>
>>86860679
>>86860702
If you're going by sales and revenue, you're just shooting yourself in the foot as far as this debate goes.

Batman and superman are cultural icons. Spiderman is a toy. Ironman isn't even a toy.
>>
>>86860666
>You're the only one saying MCU can do no wrong.
See

>>86860097
>Marvel gets the benefit of the doubt because they've earned it.
While their track record is nothing but pure garbage. Every thread Marvel shills get more and more obvious.
>>
>>86860788
We're talking about box office perfomance though, an Iron Man + Spider-Man should make a billion because both characters made billions on their own
>>
File: u_shitting_me.jpg (30KB, 272x287px) Image search: [Google]
u_shitting_me.jpg
30KB, 272x287px
>>86860545
>First Avengers did flop
>1.5 Billions
>Flopped
You must be joking
>Doctor Strange, Guardians 2 and Homecoming have all underperformed
Not at all, Dr. Strange maybe, but still better performer than Antman, Thor, Hulk and Cap origin stories. GotG2 and Homecoming did as expected.
>>
>>86860790
Marvel has earned it, though. They've made a number of consistent movies. They're mediocre and inoffensive. They're lite beer. People don't really enjoy it but its beats the alternatives when it comes to being dragged to the movies by your kids.
>>
>>86860836
No, we're talking about the profile and cultural recognition of certain characters. Spiderman and ironman are nothing compared to superman and batman.
>>
>>86860847
>>First Avengers did flop
>>1.5 Billions
Shit, I meant First Avenger, first Cap movie.
>>
>>86860850
So now went from Marvel can do no wrong to it's ok that Marvel does wrong because all they make is shit?

If you have kids, watch the Disney animated classics instead. Classic stories and without the autistic quips and sequel baiting.
>>
>>86860788
>Spiderman is a toy.
Exactly, Spiderman sells more toys than all of Marvel combined, Superman coukld be a "cultural" icon, but sales wise is way way below Spiderman.
>>
>>86860900
Again, you're the only one implying anyone has ever claimed marvel can do no wrong.
>>
>>86860090
I know, right? It's almost like the assclowns who *really* shit up this board care fuck-all about the truth.
>>
>>86860875
No, you quoted this guy >>86860473 who was talking about box office. This name recognisition shit is just a cop out you made to excuse away Homecoming making less than solo movies from the characters in it
>>
>>86860875
Santa Claus is more recognizable than Superman. Yet his biggest film is hardly a hit.

When comparing superheroes, the most reasonable measurement is how well they perform ON CINEMA. And Homecoming does indeed star the currently two biggest superheroes on cinema. And it's still dropping like a rock.
>>
>>86860712
>what do words mean
>>
>>86860847
The best part is that Dr.Strange still made more net profit than BvS did. That's how bad BvS underperformed
>>
>>86860923
When I say spiderman is a toy, that means the only people who really care about it are young children, and they eventually forget they cared about it at all as they grow older.
>>
>>86860944
Actually the "excuse" I make for homecoming not making avatar money has to do with how the last three (or five) spiderman movies have been terrible.
>>
>>86860779
The worst part about 4chan is that when you're BTFO in the next sixth months we won't properly be able to laugh directly at you.

>he didn't say he'd be in the batman in that video
>he said he'd write the movie (now he won't)
>he said he'd direct the movie (now he won't)
>guess what comes next
>>
>>86860847
>GotG2 and Homecoming did as expected.
They both expected to make a billion though. And now Homecoming is going to have a hard time beating Wonder Woman. He probably will but come the fuck on
>>
>>86860176
Are you fucking including Batman Returns as part of the DCEU? Jesus Christ you're out of your mind. The Marvel movies are about as fun as comics for people, but they're movies instead of picture books. Is that supposed to be 'unfair' and 'stupid' of people to like more than a constantly delayed 4 angsty movies in 7 years? Do you seriously think because Tim Burton made a DC movie thirty years ago that Zach Snyder deserves the praise Burton did? When they make a good movie people notice, like with Wonder Woman and some people even praise Suicide Squad. The thing with the DCEU is there is fucking NOTHING TO FOLLOW and all it brings is arguing and grief, and the movies don't even end on a positive note, whereas Marvel has the decency to just make movies and remind you they're coming out. Your image even shows marvel movies have honest design and structure, the only thing negative on there is that you put poop words over Marcel's part of the grid, and you're moronically implying that the measure of a film is in its lack of saturation, pretending as if being in black and white is what makes Citizen Kane kino.
>>
File: thanos.png (366KB, 680x540px) Image search: [Google]
thanos.png
366KB, 680x540px
Reminder that Disney bought Marvel for 4 (four) billion dollars and have thus still not broken even.

Now you know why the DCEU makes them so nervous. WB made profit from day 1. And Disney is still in red. Now DCEU is stealing their thunder and they might end up losing billions in this investment.
>>
>>86860790
>While their track record is nothing but pure garbage.
According to who? Critics and audiences like MCU movies. This is an inescapable fact.
>>
>>86860968
>people who really care about it are young children
Who do you think the biggest market is??? Who does get all toys and watch all movies??? Kidsare the fucking biggest market in the world, and if you get kids, you get parents and their wallets and their creddit cards, and a loyal fanbase.
>>
>>86861020
>>he didn't say he'd be in the batman in that video
After praising Reeves and saying how glad he was about working with him? What's going to happen when they start shooting the Batman with him as we all know they will because Affleck is under contract? You'll deny all this ever happened, won't you?
>>
>>86861087
Children are not a reliable market, as they'll watch anything with enough brightly colored bullshit.

If you're trying to talk about how well known or iconic something is, you're talking about adults or nothing.
>>
>>86852140
FPBP

The other side to it is obviously that "nerd" journalism and the entertainment industry in general feeds off controversy. Of course anything that can possibly be misconstrued will be reported as such for maximum click bait.

This is how money is made. If you honestly think its a conspiracy you're fucking retarded.
>>
File: mcuck goldmine.png (112KB, 1284x286px) Image search: [Google]
mcuck goldmine.png
112KB, 1284x286px
>>86861020
>The worst part about 4chan is that when you're BTFO in the next sixth months we won't properly be able to laugh directly at you.
There are ways. I'll dump my folder now, as a demonstration
>>
>>86854988
It already grossed 800m worldwide and it hasn't even opened in China yet...
>>
WB's execs are fucking idiots. They should've planned things out carefully once TDK Rises was released in 2012. Instead they've been half-assing everything and to be frank, Wonder Woman is mediocre as fuck. It's not a bad film, but I don't get why it gets all the praise. Gadot did a good job as did Chris Pine, but the story was pretty thin.
>>
>>86861028
>They both expected to make a billion though
Holy fuck, will you idiots ever stop saying this shit? Show me one, ONE fucking legitimate source that says either:
1. Homecoming or GOTG2 underperformed
or
2. Homecoming and GOTG2 were expected to make a billion
>>
File: 1.jpg (124KB, 926x789px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
124KB, 926x789px
>>
>>86861028
Are you forgetting these are disney movies? Box office is basically irrelevant to them, as they make more money off toys and merchandise than just about all movies studios will gross each year.
>>
>>86861037
>Your image even shows marvel movies have honest design and structure
What your pleb brain thinks is "honest" design is complete amateur work by hacks who have no concept of basic framing or lightning. Marvel is boring to look at. It's boring to listen to. And god knows it's boring to think over. It's McDonald's entertainment. It's tailor-made just to keep your atttention for the two hour running time and not a second longer. Hell I'd say that's exactly how they want it. This is the ideal consumer after all. The one that mindlessly consumes the mindless because it's justified as mindless.

The first step of the intentional dumbing down of audiences; Glorify the dumb.
>>
>>86861046
>he doesn't know they make about $6 billion from Marvel merchandise every year
>>
>>86861155
>$726M*
$315M in the US, which is less than Suicide Squad
>>
>>86861169
>Gadot did a good job as Chris Pine
Took me a few to not read it as this
>>
File: mcuck goldmine2.png (319KB, 1868x604px) Image search: [Google]
mcuck goldmine2.png
319KB, 1868x604px
>>86861148
>>
>>86861201
>hacks who have no concept of basic framing or lightning

but this describes zack snyder to a T?

Any time he doesn't have a comic panel to copy, its total fucking amateur hour.
>>
>>86861202
False. The biggest source of income are the films. The films that are still years away from earning 4 billion in profit.
>>
>>86861092
I won't need to because it won't happen.
>>
>>86861170
Show one legimate source that says BvS was expected to make a billion. They just were
>>
>>86861249
>disney income
>the films

... uh, son. its time to stop. Disney has been for the last 50 years, entirely about the merchandise.
>>
>>86861210
It's projected to make just under $800 million without China. Depending on how well it does there, it could beat GOTG2 or BvS.
>>
File: mcuck goldmine3.png (100KB, 966x289px) Image search: [Google]
mcuck goldmine3.png
100KB, 966x289px
>>86861261
I shall trust you, for MCUcks have never been embarrassingly wrong before
>>
File: marvel-v-dc.jpg (699KB, 1920x1602px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-v-dc.jpg
699KB, 1920x1602px
>>86861248
>I-If I just replace Marvel with Snyder, I'll be right!!1!
While Marvel directors desperately try to mimic Snyder (and fail at it), Snyder is conveying a new visual language that is breaking the mold.

Marvel is a cinema embarrassment. How the fuck do you make 17 films with ZERO worthwhile contributions to film? How??
>>
>>86861318
>Marvel directors desperately try to mimic Snyder

Okay you were amusing up to this point, now its just getting sad.
>>
>>86861284
Read the article again, it's projected to make $800M WITH China
>>
>>86861242
how many oscars do you reckon WW will get?
>>
>>86861318
You never explained why civil war upsets you so much.

Is it because it made more than BvS?
>>
>>86861123
Then you don't know marketing at all.

There is a reason because all junk food and sodas target kids, there is a reason because they banned tobacco and alcohol to target kids in their ads. Try to get some no-brand snack to a kid (With all bright colors and cool stuff you can imagine), then offer a dull snack with a famous brand, they always will pick the one with a brand, they are loyal, very loyal to brands, if they were not loyal terms like "fanboy" wouldn't exist.
>>
>>86861249
You're bullshitting right?
>>
File: thor_ragnarok.jpg (236KB, 1024x1458px) Image search: [Google]
thor_ragnarok.jpg
236KB, 1024x1458px
>>86861343
He's right though
>>
>>86861360
Zero
>>
File: mcuck goldmine4.png (92KB, 1038x290px) Image search: [Google]
mcuck goldmine4.png
92KB, 1038x290px
>>86861360
Costume design is the only one I see it winning, the movie doesn't stand out in anything else really. Maybe Jenkins and Pine get a nom
>>
>>86861380
Considering the adults are the people who make the final decision on how they spend their money and how their children spend their time, yes, the adults are the most important factor when you're marketing.

Unless its toys. Since toys exist specifically to give adults time to breathe, toy marketing can (and will always) market exclusively to children.

A movie that markets exclusively to children (captain underpants) will always fail.
>>
>>86861390
>they're copying snyder because everything is gray

... this is like when you realize that kid you think is crazy, but in a fun way, shits in his hand and starts drawing on the wall.
>>
>>86861500
>everything is gray
Are you talking about Captain America: We forgot to adjust the saturation War?
>>
>>86861430
Considering they dressed (and characterized) WW1 prussia/prussians as nazi germany, I don't think its got much of a chance at costumes.
>>
File: 1503265916294.png (2MB, 1000x1231px) Image search: [Google]
1503265916294.png
2MB, 1000x1231px
>>86861390
Based Taika beating Snyder at his own game
>>
File: mcuck goldmine5.png (82KB, 902x221px) Image search: [Google]
mcuck goldmine5.png
82KB, 902x221px
Fuck why do shills always leave when I start posting my screencaps. I think I've never got a (you) from them with this shit
>>
>>86861540
There's a simple and obvious thematic reason for the colors of civil war (no one is right).

But we weren't talking about that at all until you brought it up, again.
>>
>>86861596
Zack should sue this hack, this is embarrassing
>>
>>86852076
There doesnt need to a biased agenda. Their movies are terrible and does the job for them. Suicide Squad, Superman, Batman were all absolute trash. The only redeeming quality about Wonder Woman was the New Captain Kirk & His Merry Band of Hardmen. Seriously, DC just needs to find another production source.
>>
>>86861667
I disagree.

The Loli dianas were the absolute peak of the movie.
>>
>>86861649
Taika's actually got talent, whereas Snyder is literally discount Michael Bay with a hard on for Jesus imagery
>>
File: iseenthefuture.jpg (342KB, 837x732px) Image search: [Google]
iseenthefuture.jpg
342KB, 837x732px
>>86861637
hahahahahahahahahaha...
>>
>>86861617
Probably because your screencaps aren't even close to the dumbest shit said on 4chan.
>>
>>86860397
>quips

I finally have a good, current example of a movie that contrasts actual, thought-out humor with quips - The Hitman's Bodyguard. This is a legitimately funny movie where the humor arises from two clearly defined characters, almost like an action comedy meets "The Odd Couple." Their exchanges feel genuine and completely within character. Part of what makes it funny is halfway through the movie, you know the principal characters well enough to know how they're going to react to what's happening and to each other.

Quips, on the other hand, have that glib, impossibly off-the-cuff feel, that simply serves to remind you that you're listening to the sort of reply that typically only occurs to anyone in l'esprit de l'escalier.
>>
File: mcuck goldmine6.png (50KB, 958x530px) Image search: [Google]
mcuck goldmine6.png
50KB, 958x530px
>>86861617
Well I don't give a fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hKSYgOGtos

What do you think about this song playing at the end of MoS2? Think about a montage of Superman flying and people looking up, kids playing Superman, people doing good things inspired by him you know the drill, the ideal to strive towards fulfilled
>>
>>86861733
It doesn't matter if the director has talent or not, the real man directing these movies is called Kevin Feige.
The second Thor 3 trailer pretty much killed any chance this movie is going to be actually by Taika.
>>
>>86856753
simply this
>>
>>86861637
In TWS no one is right too then? Sounds like an alt-right propaganda
>>
File: 1408907850921.png (394KB, 598x564px) Image search: [Google]
1408907850921.png
394KB, 598x564px
>>86861637
>There's a simple and obvious thematic reason for the colors of civil war (no one is right).
>>
>>86858242
Not according to Rich Evans.
>>
>>86852140
But Mad Love and a Joker Origin movie isn't a super hero movie... DC are geniuses to make these movies if they decide to NOT include any super heroes and it just be a dark and disturbed drama.
>>
>>86861713
Fair enough. But the other movies? They're trash, right?
>>
File: why_so_mad.jpg (73KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
why_so_mad.jpg
73KB, 1080x1349px
>>86861390
>Only Snyder is supposed to film epic scenes in gray tones.
>>
File: mcuck goldmine7.png (54KB, 965x538px) Image search: [Google]
mcuck goldmine7.png
54KB, 965x538px
>>86861780
Not even the dumbest shit said about the DCEU, people here seriously believe Ragnarok will make more than JL just like they believed Doctor Strange would make more than Suicide Squad. It's what I have, though
>>
>>86852140
>Superhero movie fatigue is setting in
Tell that to Marvel that wants to keep making the same heroic super heroes working together for the next 20 years.

What I personally want is just more standalone movies in the Nolan style i.e. gritty and realistic with no cartoon CGI shit like we got with Doomsday in BvS
>>
>>86860616
>GoTG2

Why is it whenever anyone talks about hamfisted commentary/messages/symbolism in recent movies, the "Sovereign Citizens" bit never gets brought up? That shit was insultingly blatant on top of being shallow as fuck.
>>
File: tom-baker-4th.jpg (33KB, 570x400px) Image search: [Google]
tom-baker-4th.jpg
33KB, 570x400px
The DCU is like Islam; there doesn't have to be a media conspiracy to make them look bad, they do all the work on their own. Then after they run over another bunch of kids they scream that there is an anti-Islam bias in media for reporting it.
>>
File: marvel does ISIS propaganda.jpg (198KB, 1549x516px) Image search: [Google]
marvel does ISIS propaganda.jpg
198KB, 1549x516px
>>86861949
>DCU is like Islam;
But wait...is it DC that does ISIS propaganda?
>>
>>86858774
DC apologists are funny. They never tire of trying to explain why people should like what they didn't like.
>>
>>86852076
regarding your questions (this isn't just one reason for it. it includes their past performance/critics/reviews and also no is whedon's fiasco that has tainted JL:

1. after they fucked up joker in suicide squad (the trailers indicated that joker was going to be a big part of the movie and all the antics/prep leto did for his role just to be made a minor side character)
2. see above (regarding joker). Also Harely is getting a gotham sirens movie. so basically 2 harley centric movies.
3. i'm pretty sure matt reeves wanted to do an elseworlds type of batman movie out of the dceu and was testing the waters to see what kind of 'fan' reaction it would get. but it went south fast. so damage control is in full effect. but i'm betting pressure from dc is going to force 'the batman' movie to include mention or cameo of at least one character in dceu to appease fans. this will probably make reeves leave or after the movie is done and if it doesn't do well, will say dc had their hands all over the movie and prevented him from doing what he wanted to do with batman.

come at me bro.

and i'm a long time dc fan.
dc is doing to the fans what michael bay did to transformers fandom (dividing them)
>>
>>86852076
1. Nobody dosen't want to see a Joker origin movie. Fans like the ambiguity of the Joker's origin. However a Killing Joke adaption would be great
2. I'm not a Harley Quinn fan but I know a lot of Batman fan would want to see this. I agree
3. Agree
The DC movies are not perfect. Warner brothers seems have a problem with regards to creativity and pleasing fans. However, I have noticed the bias. Likely it's from the fact that Disney already has a capeshit monopoly. It's no surprise that the Fox movies were getting steadily worse ratings after Marvel decided to boycott Fantastic Four and X-men despite being on the same level of shit as Disney capeshit.
>>
>>86860623
Yeah, Spidey so totally isn't perennially one of the world's most recognized comic book characters as well as a best-selling toys/merchandising bonanza.

All this and shitting on Raimi, too? Seriously, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>86862029
Spider-Man 3 was bad, get over yourself
>>
>>86860106
You'd have a point if he was the only one defending it.
>>
>>86860616
>>DCEU can do no wrong
>>point out that time of many they shat the bed completely
>>ok that time doesn't count
>Every fucking time. Let's talk about the latest DC movies shall we? Batman v. Superman? Yeah ok Geoff Johns looked at the The Avengers and told his fuck slave Snyder to mimic it as hard as possible and then he shoved in an out of place city fight in it because they got last-second ideas for Wonder Woman(tm).
>Man of Steel? An absolute bore. Story with zero substance. Superman is basically Hulk but with solar power instead of gamma rays. The action sucks, the quips sucks, final boss is lame.
>Suicide Squad? Oh where to start with this one? Maybe the fact that every joke went on five minutes too long and the film insisted on hitting us in the head with character thoughts. Yes we get it. Harley is LOLRANDUM. YOU HAVE SAID IT FOUR TIMES ALREADY. FOUR TIMES
>Wonder Woman feminizing? lol

high quality pasta
>>
>>86860658
Some of the best acting in any MCU movie. Took me by surprise big time.

>>86860616
Having a big bad at the end of Dr. Strange was by the numbers, sure, but the resolution was innovative. Much better than an epic fight.
>>
>>86862075
So was Homecoming
>>
>>86862075
Much better than homeflopping tho
>>
>>86861390
>>86861596

Is... is that lady Sif a ded?
>>
>>86862140
And BvS and SS.
>>
File: bats.jpg (722KB, 1394x1365px) Image search: [Google]
bats.jpg
722KB, 1394x1365px
>>86862132
>>
dc and comic fanboys aren't real, are they?
>>
>>86862075
SM3 is a masterpiece compared to the past decade of marvel turds.
>>
Capeshit as a whole is fucking trash. Marvel, DC and Star Wars included.
>>
>>86860176
Batman 2 was a wretched piece of shit.
>penguins do solemn funeral march
>penguins with rockets on back
>worlds greatest detective implicates self in whore suicide by straffing crowd below

3/10
>>
>>86862184
>mouseshill can't comprehend how somebody on the internet can praise the movies he likes whithout being paid for doing it
>>
>>86862179
You didn't even post Nolan best suit.
>>
File: thorkino.webm (3MB, 1000x412px) Image search: [Google]
thorkino.webm
3MB, 1000x412px
>>
>>86862252
It really isn't
>>
>>86862178
SS most definitely, one of the worst shit I've seen. If that Joker shit is more than fake news and ends up being as bad as SS, I'm done with DC. I liked BvS though
>>
>>86860356
>diversity
ahhh I see what kind of person you are.
I suspected there must be something behind the cognitive dissonance of desperate DC fans.
>>
>>86862314
I think its something along the line of hoping people like the OP are getting paid.

Otherwise its just sad in the same way as legitimate mental illness.
>>
>>86858313
Hasn't there only been 5 movies? Are you saying all the Spider-Man movies have been bad?
>>
File: 1453125696874.jpg (252KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453125696874.jpg
252KB, 1080x1080px
>>86852076

It's basically an open secret at this point. They aren't exactly doing much to disguise that there is bias by leverage going on, outside the hundreds of paid shills.

It's the same as in other industuries. Oh, you gave good reviews to our competitors? Aw, well, nevermind. By the way, I'm sorry to inform you that your ticket to the pre-release screening that is vital to getting a review out early was lost in the mail.

And, y'know, DC is generally on the lefts shit list for stuff like like Killing Joke, and many of the heroes having fairly conservative values. See the story about whether Superman should have a revamped origin where he isn't from an evil section of America. And how they haven't replaced their main billionaire playboy white-male hero with a teenage girl of color. DCs biggest attempts at appealing to the left (the new Legends character, CW Supergirl, Green Arrow, Batgirl) pale on comparison to the gymnastics Marvel are displaying this last half-decade.
>>
>>86862431
Yes, I am saying the raimi movies had very mixed reception and depending upon how you felt about them, there are either three really bad spiderman movies or five.
>>
>>86862466
Well, now it's four or six actually
>>
File: IMG_0229.jpg (15KB, 333x152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0229.jpg
15KB, 333x152px
>>86861248
After you get done failing to find this panel in any comic book, feel free to fucking neck yourself.
>>
>>86862381
'''Compared''' to MCUtrash it fucking is
>>
>>86860545
7. DC movies made plenty of money because people wanted them to be good. Then the majority of people agreed that they left alot to be desired.
>>
>>86862460
The idea that one of the largest corporate entities in the world is throwing around tons of money in order to "covertly" slander a competing corporate entity, and there being no evidence or traces of this beyond the end result, and the only people who've figured it out are legitimately insane people posting anonymously on 4chan.

You'd think if this was true, someone would have come forth with solid evidence of it.

But the only evidence is, as said, anonymous posting on 4chan.

and the only people defending the DCEU are, again, anonymous posts on 4chan.

So the situation becomes either the DCEU so far has been actually utterly perfect but due to a bunch of people most people don't pay attention to slandering the films, no one can see them as brilliant (except anonymous people on 4chan), or, the movies are offensively bad.
>>
File: IMG_0522.jpg (138KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0522.jpg
138KB, 700x394px
>>86861649
Fucking A, as should Duncan Jones.
>>
>>86856596
this desu
>>
>>86862517
How is that not amateur hour?
>>
>>86860545
How is the first Avengers movie flop?
>>
>>86862418
Diversity means more than just the modern SJW definition, dipshit. It can also be referring to the absence of distinct characterization, the monotony of the setpieces, and the formulaic plots.
>>
>>86862778
None of that applies to civil war though. It just wasn't a very good movie.
>>
>>86861949
apt comparison
interesting
>>
>>86861836
Rich Evans is a fucking fanboy.
>>
>>86862631
We have evidence, just not for the movie market. But shills have been proven time after time. From /pol/ to /g/, we know they're here. In reddit they have proof of mods deleting pro DC threads, they deleted threads about Justice League so the Thor trailer could get upvoted or something, I'm not sure how it works but it's confirmed. Just the fact that you deny them makes it all the more suspicious
>>
>>86860547

>Homecoming
>Budget: $175 million
>Box Office: $726.7 million

I guess throwing Iron Man/Robert Downey Jr. into stuff really does help movies.
>>
>>86862841
It's not a very good movie *because* of those things.
>>
>>86862942
Negro if you're just going to repeat yourself, why bother replying?
>>
>>86862674
How about you tell me how it is?
>>
>>86860616
Is Guardians of the Galaxy 2 really ad bad as people say?
>>
>>86862904
Son, without some sort of hard evidence, all you have is a confirmation bias.
>>
>>86862075
>last five
means you think SM2 was bad ... Oh brother
>>
>>86862418
Don't blame me liberals have tainted that word beyond saving. Fine I guess variety is a better word. There is no actual variety. It's all the same shit over and over again. Disney is intent on reducing Marvel to their other Disney brands. The nu-male audience is just an accident, just like Nintendo's adult audience.
>>
>>86862975
Because maybe I thought repeating myself to a retard might finally get the point across.
>>
>>86861853
why so qt
>>
>>86862314
I mean, like nobody is actually a fanboy for a comic book company, are they? people don't actually defend companies, do they?
>>
>>86861801
Yep, that's exactly the same reaction I had.
>>
>>86863008
No
>>
File: 1502780699412.png (65KB, 1150x782px) Image search: [Google]
1502780699412.png
65KB, 1150x782px
>>86863024
I don't have hard evidence, just like you don't have evidence of the DCEU being in trouble. For all we know, it's doing great and these threads are just MCUcks echo chambers
>>
>>86863107
The problem is you repeated points that had been challenged/refuted.
>>
>>86862778
>It can also be referring to the absence of distinct characterization, the monotony of the setpieces, and the formulaic plots
Oh yeah. Sure. That's what people consider """diversity"""
Backpedal more
>>
>>86863168
Not him but are you mentally handicapped? Diversity is just another way to say variety, which the MCU sorely lacks
>>
>>86863008
It's pretty disappointing compared to the first one. Drags a lot too, for muh meaningful character exchanges where they look at one another and tell each other who they are. It's kind of embarrassing, really. Remember that scene that was monstrously tone-deaf in the first one where Rocket throws his little pity party right before their first encounter with Ronan? Imagine that four or five more times. With gags that don't know when to stop.
>>
>>86862466
Isn't Spider-Man 2 considered one of the best superhero movies?
>>
>>86863149
The problem with that image is WB has spent more than the four most expensive marvel movies and made less.
>>
>>86863303
The only thing legitimately good about it is molina. But if you didn't like the first one then its just more of the same.
>>
>>86863247
Everyone knows what you mean by diversity. It is one of your liberal buzzwords. Don't try to deny it. If you actually DID mean something else then it is (you) who is sporting the bonus chromo for choosing that word.
>>
>>86863149
>I don't have hard evidence
Finally admitting defeat.
>just like you don't have evidence of the DCEU being in trouble.
He didn't even say that. Goodnight DCuck.
>>
>>86863303
SM2 is A+
>>
>>86863150
The problem is that you think, "no it isn't" is a refute.
>>
>>86863147
>>86863285

Every time I've seen the trailers, it looked like they were just throwing jokes anywhere and everywhere they could
>>
>>86863308
Not true but WB has made a billion more with the DCEU than the MCU when it had only 4 movies too
>>
>>86863303
Yes, it's a solid movie.
>>
>>86863350
I think you might be in the minority here
>>
>>86863421
>Finally admitting defeat.
I didn't but whatever, goodnight shill.
>>
>>86863518
>no evidence
>no argument
>no life
Life as a DCuck must be suffering.
>>
>>86863308
This, MCU movies started with 140M and 150M budgets, they even stepped back to 130M in some movies. DCEU jumped straightforward to 225M and 250M budgets.
>>
>>86863389
Being this much of a knee-jerk fuckhead really has to cripple you in conversations. Try not being such an illiterate retard trying to tell me what I fucking meant when you clearly only had one definition for diversity. Do you think diversifying a portfolio means buying stock in Africa?
>>
>>86861201
>It's McDonald's entertainment. It's tailor-made just to keep your atttention for the two hour running time and not a second longer
Exactly. It's a nice normal movie that doesn't try to toss you into the deepest throes of doubt and depression in order to scream meaning, and consistently delivers simple fun entertainment. Don't act like any DCEU film is an intellectual labor of love, all they've done with this weak-ass 'EU' is try and capitalize on Nolan's 'realism' by slapping together pseudo-deep bullshit like 'a post-911 world' and 'man's relationship with God' and after rewrites and rewrites and reshoots all they manage to say is dumb shit like 'yeah well after 9/11 I bet Jesus wouldn't even want to save us'. Is that deep? Was Suicide Squad deep? The best they did was with Wonder Woman, by invoking the importance of a personal call for action and display an actual hero who inspires people to try and make a difference, and again WW is celebrated as a good movie.
No Marvel is not perfect and no their movies are not even art. They're movies. People like movies, and they're the biggest most consistent well-funded normal movies out right now. Call it the death of art all you want, but the DCEU certainly didn't make a fucking stand just because they have walking tanks on suicide watch smack eachother in the lightning. Whatever you think the DCEU is, it's a damn fact they can't even muster up the competence to pull it off. Enjoy your dead franchise, I'm sure coping with an incompetent studio gave you some of the 'deepest' thoughts you've had in a while.
>>
>>86863602
And then down to 140M, so?
>>
>>86863602

MoS made its money back before it was even released thanks to product placement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2339011/How-Superman-170million-selling-ticket-Man-Steel-takes-product-placement-new-level.html
>>
>>86863684
So that fight in the IHOP wasn't just an emotional and frenetic roller coaster ride, it was a wise business move too? DC does it again baby!
>>
File: mister doctor.webm (3MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
mister doctor.webm
3MB, 1920x800px
>>86863602
>they even stepped back to 130M in some movies
I can tell. Low-budget direct-to-VHS crap the bunch of them.
>>
>>86863303
I know I certainly consider it top-tier.
>>
>>86863471
As someone who doesn't remember the raimi spiderman movies fondly, sure. The people who didn't grow up with them don't remember them.
>>
>>86863635
If that's what you got out of these movies, you might be functionally retarded.
>>
>>86863438
The problem with this is how when the MCU was starting off, the nolanverse was running, and also making tons.

But the nolanverse is ignored for some reason.

Its like you can't say anything in defense of the DCEU that isn't fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>86863421

Not him, but get so fucked your anus becomes a black hole that devours everything within miles of you. Not having hard evidence doesn't mean it isn't happening and isn't almost blatent.

And I say this as a Marvel fan (I grew up on Spidey, the X-Men, Spider-Girl, and the occasional Avengers story), a Star Wars fan who has a literal shelf of material and two FX Lightsabers, and someone who grew up on Disney movies, and even liked Hook just a little (okay, a lot). So I'm no Disney hating DC shill.
>>
File: 1454884783572.png (2MB, 1897x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1454884783572.png
2MB, 1897x1714px
>>86863734

Yup. Both MoS and BvS hag regained their budget expenses by more than half before the movies were even out. They were cheap as fuck because of it.
>>
>>86863837
>But the nolanverse is ignored for some reason.
What does the nolanverse have to do with anything?
>>
>>86863684
With Sony, Dell, Audi and other brands in Homecoming you could say that movie made BILLIONS and it's far from flopping, but yet again, you think that movie flopped.
>>
File: 1467153395983.jpg (2MB, 2849x3465px) Image search: [Google]
1467153395983.jpg
2MB, 2849x3465px
>>86863850
>no evidence
>no argument
>no life
>>
>>86863885
Laying the groundwork for a series of "more serious" superhero movies by being "more serious" and successful?
>>
>>86863889
>no oscars
>>
>>86863915
Oh, ok. But DCEU is still one billion ahead when comparing Phase 1s
>>
File: 1471240054131.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1471240054131.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>86863929
>assuming I'm a marvel cuck
I'm laughing at any and every capeshit fanboy. Rethink your life cuck.
>>
Friendly reminder that until you see any of the usual suspects running articles with titles like:

"Captain Marvel on the Ropes as Screenwriters Hit Brick Wall. Can Re-Writes Salvage It?"

OP's point stands.
>>
>>86852076
Baby's first red pill about media.

Did you miss the 2016 election where MSM of Europe and U.S. shilled against DJT with SAME arguments, talking points, wordings, 24/7?
>>
>>86863764
Couldn't you say that about every old superhero movie?
>>
It relays a vaguely conservative, right-wing message. Not the film, just DC. Or you know, just making sense in writing. Every Marvel movie made under Disney could literally have a laugh track and it wouldn't skip a beat.
>>
>>86864016
Hasn't that piece of shit been delayed like 4 times now?
>>
>>86863850
I'm not denying we live in an age where corporate entities are astroturfing literally every idea/concept that benefits them via an army of third world fucksticks handcuffed to desktops with scripts and macros in order to sell ideas before they're even available for purchase, but, the problem with trying to act like the generally negative reception of the DCEU and weariness towards new entries into it, so far, is a result of this phenomena, is implying without any sort of press or media narratives, the movies themselves aren't total dogshit.
>>
DC would've been GOAT if they weren't retarded, and just adopted Nolan's Batman trilogy as the beginning of it and kept Bale around.
>>
>>86864056
It has. And not once pointed out by clickbait media.
>>
>>86864032
Both Disney and Hillary were funded by Soros so you might be onto something
>>
>>86863971
Phase 1, in DC terms, would've been batman '66.

I mean if you're going to compare "first movies," why be a pussy and act like movies didn't exist before 2004?
>>
>>86863635
>all they've done with this weak-ass 'EU' is try and capitalize on Nolan's 'realism' by slapping together pseudo-deep bullshit like 'a post-911 world' and 'man's relationship with God'
Bingo. Using Man of Steel as a starting point for the DCEU shows WB's poor planning and lack of understanding what made Marvel's universe so well done in the first place. WB had no intention of branching off MoS to include Batman, and Wonder Woman, and The Flash, and Cyborg, and every other hero they own the rights to. It was supposed to be a retelling of Superman since the Donner Superman series technically finished with Superman Returns. Nolan threw WB a bone by "producing" Man of Steel (and there are plenty of reports showing that most of Nolan's suggestions were ignored by Zack Snyder anyway, because he's an idiot), saw it was a mess, and left.

If WB were smart they would have written Nolan a blank check and offered to pay for whatever movies he wants to make in the future, as long as he oversees their "cinematic universe" (which, again, I guarantee wasn't even thought of until Marvel pulled it off). Take the Christian Bale Batman and expand upon that universe. Introduce Superman from there. You could still pull off the "grizzled, old Batman" angle because Nolan already started it in TDKR, BUT they would have three films that already established the universe and were loved by everyone except memers.

Then, since WB lacks proper decision-making abilities and is Sony-tier when it comes to negotiations, they decided to reboot fucking everything and give it to a guy that's only made good movies when he's directly copied acclaimed comic books panel-for-panel, give him the reins to one of the most prolific superheroes of all-time, and let him ruin the production by pissing off your all-star producer.

Talk shit about Marvel or Disney all you want, but they're succeeding because they have a guy in Kevin Feige who is a once-in-a-lifetime talent that can keep things cohesive
>>
I've yet to see a single WB employee call BvS a flop but for some reason it's always called a flop, despite making more than a lot of other Superhero films
>>
>>86864103
Because they were different franchises.
>>
>>86864064

He'd have been the focal point of the league, which they thought they didn't want. Now, it's becoming very obvious that they do.

If Batman isn't your favorite member of the league you can go fuck your mother.
>>
>>86864064
Would Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash work in a Nolan universe? Also, Dark Knight Rises was a terrible movie.
>>
>>86863008
It takes everything that made GotG fun and different and flanderised the fuck out of it
>>
>>86864103
Those aren't part of the DCEU, just like the Raimi Spiderman trilogy and Ang Lee Hulk movie isn't part of the MCU.
>>
>>86864064
>Nolan's Batman trilogy
TDKR was the return of bad-DC
WW ended that 2nd era.
Hoping JL doesn't start a 3rd era
>>
>>86864120
It underperformed. It made less net profit than Doctor Strange did, and Strange made about $200 million less than BvS. Budget is a huge factor
>>
>>86864136
He isn't the focal point now?
>>
>>86864094
Because no one cares?

If it was a movie with a huge, universally recognized brand, and it was off to a rocky start, clickbait would be all over it.

Which means, the actual reason clickbait isn't constantly shitting on the MCU has nothing to do with paid shilling and everything to do with how, the MCU, due to the fact it's bringing relatively unknown brands to the scene, is avoiding oceans of pre-release criticism/paranoia/doom-saying because no one expects these brands to do anything from the onset.
>>
>>86852076
Who gives a shit, maybe if they consistently made good films people wouldnt give a shit.
>>
>>86864212
Post a source from WB saying it underperformed.
>>
>>86864212
But apparently WB made money out of those movies even before they were released. Budget doesn't account for product placement
>>
>>86864233
Post a source from Sony saying Jack and Jill underperformed
>>
>>86864186
>TDKR was the return of bad-DC
TDKR is unironically better than any DCEU so far. Just because we meme the shit of the opening scenes, it doesn't mean the movie is bad.
>>
>>86864134
>batman is a different franchise than batman

yea okay
>>
>>86864116
>>86864136
This. Nolan's Batman would've been a great starting point, but they were retarded as fuck.

>>86864156
>>86864186
Even TDKR is better than Man of Steel, and it could've still been included. There's no confirmation on Bane's death nor Joker's death so they could easily recast Joker and bring Bane back in later. Batman could return later on and its plausible for Bruce Wayne to have simply been presumed dead, a lot of that shit could've easily been undone because Bruce did live.

And yeah, it's entirely possible to put Superman etc into that universe. It's not really hard at all.
>>
>>86864116
>but they're succeeding because they have a guy in Kevin Feige
Cancer incarnate.
>>
>>86864260
They are different, DCEU is a franchise on its own
>>
>>86864259
Uh, dog, the memes happened because of how incomprehensibly bad the movie was.

They released the plane scene two solid years before the movie, as a trailer, because they thought it was utterly brilliant.
>>
>>86864103
DCEU would be forever shit if Burton/Schumacher films were cannon. Talk about cringy. Even that crap Rises was better than that garbage.
>>
File: IMG_0759.jpg (291KB, 1469x1426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0759.jpg
291KB, 1469x1426px
>>86864056
Just look at this softball shit.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Captain-Marvel-Movie-What-We-Know-So-Far-70431.html
>>
>>86864253
You have no proof to back up your claim?
>>
>>86864218

It's "taking a different direction" which in industry-speak is is fucking around and doing things the wrong way. At least when you have a proven formula. "We're going to do the exact same thing, but different because our producers are retarded and we hired this utter fuckface of a director for...reasons."

Meh...
>>
>>86864116

You're wrong on two things.

That Snyder ignored Nolan's ideas and Nolan and Goyer were running the show.
That Snyder and Bale would agree to tie his trilogy to Man of Steel, SOMETHING WARNER BROTHERS ASKED HIM TO DO AND HE TOLD THEM NO.
>>
>>86864263
Before MoS, WB was doing everything it could to imply, without explicitly stating, that the nolan films were the starting point for the new cinematic universe.

But then nolan backed out of the project and all future projects, and due to some contract magic was able to take all the characters/concepts he touched with him, preventing WB from touching them again.

It was only after MoS that WB started trying to distance the DCEU from the nolanverse, because being compared to the nolanverse is primarily why the DCEU has been received so negatively.
>>
File: The-Avengers-90s.jpg (1MB, 1357x1920px) Image search: [Google]
The-Avengers-90s.jpg
1MB, 1357x1920px
>>86864260
Damn Marvel is fucked then
>>
>>86864061

Glad we can find some common ground, because I don't believe the DCEU getting SOME negative press on its own back is wrong. They are polarising, for certain. It's just a heady mix of both in my opinion. It's why user ratings are typically averaging at decent-good-very good/6-or-7 out of 10 (plenty of genuine shitty and mixed reviews) and the critical reviews are claiming all but WoWo are worse than Cyber-Hitler with the super spray vomit-that-gives-you-cancer. I think the critic reviews are largely the OP issue, and the user reviews a more honest take on a polarising series of films.

>>86864064

Fuck no. Bale with his gravel voice and tacticool armor wouldn't have fit at all, as much as I loved BB and TDK. (Fuck Rises. Fuck it forever.)
>>
>>86864259
>TDKR is unironically better than any DCEU so far
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The DC Fan in its natural environment.
>>
>>86864295
Go check the release date on TDKR. Then go check when Disney finalized its Marvel deal. Then sit back and reflect on that amazing little coincidence.
>>
Marvel Cinematic Universe films are pretty bad.
At least DC lets auteurs do their things.

Those pre-MCU Marvel films and X-Men films like Logan are quite good though.

Mainly because, those are led by auteur vision.
>>
>>86864327
I think the point hes making is how corporate entities will never directly state their disappointment with their products.

Sony has to act like jack and jill and ghostbusters weren't a total clusterfucks, forever.
>>
>>86864327
I didn't make the claim, that was my first response to you.
>>86864362
Money talks, and despite the memes Nolan is a good filmmaker. He could make it work.
>>86864277
Again, talk shit all you want, but he's a talent any studio would want. He's gotten Iron Man and Captain America to become more popular than Batman and Superman. He got a movie with a talking CGI Raccoon to outgross a movie with Batman and Superman fighting each other. All of the Marvel movies are critically acclaimed, and every TV show he's produced except Iron Fist is.
>>
>>86864415
All that really implies is disney seeing even if the movies are utterly abhorrent, they'll still make billions.

What are you getting from that tidbit?
>>
>>86864306
>Schumacher
Yeah it was pretty bad.
>Burton
Oh, nevermind, you're a pleb.
>>
>>86864438
So no source. I know they gave Snyder an even bigger budget for the next movie after BvS so they couldn't be too disappointed but hey, who knows right
>>
>>86864260
>doesn't understand the cinematic universes are distinct franchises based on continuity between series
>>
>>86864449
>He's gotten Iron Man and Captain America to become more popular than Batman and Superman. He got a movie with a talking CGI Raccoon to outgross a movie with Batman and Superman fighting each other
None of this is true though
>>
>>86864422
>At least DC lets auteurs do their things.
You know WB is infamous for butchering the "auteurs" movies in post, right?
>>
>>86864477
Snyder gets huge budgets because he has zero artistic integrity. He'd shoot entire movies inside a mcdonalds, complete with song and dance numbers starring ronald mcdonald if WB said to.
>>
>>86864388
You've said this many times, offered nothing remotely resembling proof, and are pretty much directly contradicted by the fact that Nolan's "contractual magic" hasn't prevented them from already using several of the characters he touched.
>>
>>86864438
I was getting at how the media has decided BvS was a flop despite no information on it's financials being released officially.
>>
>>86864529
If it wasn't a flop they'd release literally every bit of financial data on it.
>>
File: U U U U.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
U U U U.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>86864415
Go back and watch the plane scene, then sit back and reflect on the amazing disaster it was.
>>
>>86864449
>I didn't make the claim, that was my first response to you.
Why jump in to a conversation if you're not going to say anything worthwhile or back up what the argument was about then you fucking idiot.
>>
>>86864477

I liked the trailer, and the idea of them taking the upcoming film and changing it to be more like Marvel is fucking gross. DC is not Marvel and I'm done with this shit if they're just going to piss around and start selling toys.
>>
>>86864575
I was pointing out how absolutely idiotic your "defense" was, and putting on a show for the other anons.
>>
>>86864557
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>86864509
Man of Steel and MVS: EE were Snyder films.
Suicide Squad, well you have a point there it was not Ayer film (but followed ZS' vision).
>>
>>86864524
I must have missed the cameos of falcone, scarecrow, bane, non-todd-joker, lucious fox, etc, in BvS and SS.

They even re-origined batman to imply hes not the same one as bale.
>>
>>86864557
Not necessarily. No information on it has been released officially, yet it got a special edition home release, and greenlit a number of sequels from it. If anything that's evidence that BvS and the DCEU are far from flops.
>>
>>86864263

>Even TDKR is better than Man of Steel
Eh, opinions
>>
>>86864604
Oh, shitposting. Got it. Forgot I was on /tv/.
>>
>>86864605
That corporate entities only release empirical information if it makes them look good?

Do I need to explain corporate culture to you?
>>
>>86864521
If that were the case money would be the only that matters. So WB had to be happy with the financial outcome or else they wouldn't have given him a bigger budget for the next movie
>>
File: 1488923587819.gif (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488923587819.gif
899KB, 600x600px
>>86864636
Using this impeccable logic, then Spider-Man Homecoming isn't a flop because 2 more films were already announced with the same director and stars, meaning /tv/ was wrong again
>>
>>86864677
Shit, I think I broke you, are you okay?

The point is snyder gets work because of how much of a yes-man he is.
>>
>>86864682
I don't recall talking about Homecoming, my point is the media decided BvS was a flop with no source, and that's become the common thread when talking about the film.
>>
>>86864669
Literally no one shows financial information about particular movies, the best we got are financial experts doing estimates, how fucking new are you? Do you have financial data for any marvel movies or those were flops too?
>>
>>86863818
I am asking you sincerely, please grant me the insight. What is the meaning of Zach Snyder's DCEU films? Or are you going to cross your arms and repeat that everyone is retarded unless they write the essay you would habe about each of these movies? Of course they have themes and ideas, but for all your claims of artistry, what did BvS stand for? Confusion and depression putting two good men at odds? Manipulation by self-hating pseudopowerful men to mislead the truly powerful? That we are all highly defined and and betrayed by our deep wounds? Look, the movies don't mean nothing, they do have more of a point in some cases than a Marvel movie, but they lack clarity and demand too much assumption and projection from the audience, in between rapid jump cuts and roundabout portrayals of what should otherwise be simple plot points that service the more important meaning of the film, which should be each characters relationship with the role they have chosen as heroes, instead of an overblown unilateral failure of all things leading up to barely salvaging world destruction.
And how does this vindicate an incompetent studio, the increasing depression and quitting of its staff, and the continued non-releasing of these movies? The entire mythology of why these movies are deep relies on a persecution complex where Snyder and Affleck are Christ trying to save the movie industry, and it simply doesn't take unless you walk in with a prepared disgust for anything man has made, plus they intentionally fixate on a grey morality, leaving even an alleged shining light to be understood as depressive and suicidal as the people who created it. This movie didn't change anyone, nobody learned anything. They're not convincing nor are they inspiring unless you sit there taking the comic book movie man's word for it that he knows what it's like to be Jesus.
Also, Zach Snyder can't direct.
>>
>>86864727
Speaking of Snyder, does /tv/ like Watchmen? Also, do you think the movie ending was better then the comic ending?
>>
Conclusion to the thread before it dies. Both Joss Whedon and Zack Snyder suck dick. Both MCU and DCEU eat ass. Nolan was the last good capeshit movie.
>>
>>86864465
Baneposting is the earliest example of Disney embarking on a smear campaign. The intro to The Dark Knight is every bit as nonsensical, but for some reason, it's rarely talked about. Sure, it's got its memes, but nothing on the level of TDKR.

What they didn't understand then is that Poe's Law can and will bite you in the ass, hence the reason that you'll never hear a shill ironically praise anything as a means of mocking it. It's got to be 100% irredeemable radioactive garbage in a flaming toilet, no compromise.

They're the ones who refuse to give any credence whatsoever to things fans point out about these films, because doing so undermines the narrative that they are paid to push.
>>
>>86864727
>hehe i le broke you I win!
I'm good thanks. The point stands though, if Snyder is a corporate puppet then the financial results he gets is the only thing that matters for the company. And they gave him a bigger budget for JL than BvS, after BvS, so BvS can't be a flop

Just let me know what you don't understand
>>
File: batflecking.jpg (188KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
batflecking.jpg
188KB, 1024x682px
David S. Goyer and Christopher Nolan wrote the Man of Steel script together when they were suffering writer's block with the The Dark Knight Rises script.
Warner Brothers wanted for Christopher Nolan to direct Man of Steel and he turned it down because was in the middle of finishing The Dark Knight Rises.
Christopher Nolan personally picked Zack Snyder to direct the movie and still had to convince him throughout several phone-calls.
Christopher Nolan wanted Man of Steel to be more a realistic sci-fi about mankind facing an alien invasion and all the Krypton shit came from him.
Zack Snyder's ideas were mostly to extend fight and destruction scenes like pushing for an extended sequence where Jor-El and his robot helper go full Transformers on Zod's men.
Warner Brothers asked Christopher Nolan to tie Man of Steel with his Batman trilogy by pushing the idea of a stinger Christian Bale's Batman receiving a containment of kryptonite rocks on his doorsteps. Nolan turned down the idea. In fact he wanted MoS to be a one-and-done type of movie.
Warner Brothers eventually managed to convince David S. Goyer and Zack Snyder to come back for a sequel, both agreed to come back only if the whole thing ended on a trilogy centering on the formation of the Justice League. No cinematic universe bullshit.
David S. Goyer eventually was kicked out after MoS critical back-lash and his resolve against a cinematic universe.
Christopher Nolan still acted as a executive producer for BvS, but by then the movie firmly on Snyder and, specially, Affleck's hands, who took the production by the horns forcing his script writer friend, Chris Terio, to redo most of the script and push more and more his ideas (and specially Batman presence).
Ben Affleck forced tons of things, like Wonder Woman presence and the hiring of Gal Gadot, since he had final say on who would get the part since the actress would co-star with him in the movie.
>>
>>86864814

I just can't stand even for a moment, a marvel fanboy. That shit is such gutter whore, dead-in-the ditch trash and I don't like what I don't understand. Which is how in the fuck you can still like Marvel with what it has become. I see the same thing happening to DC, and it's fucking awful. The mainstream got into our fucking clubhouse, and stole our comics,

Fuck me, in the face.

why
>>
>>86864806
I liked his ending *better* than the comic, at least in that format. A films run-time, even a long film, isn't long enough to work up the immersion you need to sell a psychic squid existing in a world where comic-booky powers only belong to one guy.

It's a great adaptation even if it does have to abandon some themes by the wayside to make it more accessible to non-fans.
>>
>>86864529
>>86864327
>>86864477

The movie had a budget of $250-300 million with another $150-160 million for marketing.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/batman-v-superman-inside-warner-878208
That's at the least $400 million spent on the marketing and production
The movie grossed $873.3 million
According to Deadline it only made about $105 million net profit
http://deadline.com/2017/04/most-profitable-movies-2016-secret-life-of-pets-deadpool-disney-1202060846/
>>
File: mike 'third reich' stoklasa.jpg (19KB, 171x168px) Image search: [Google]
mike 'third reich' stoklasa.jpg
19KB, 171x168px
>>86864817
I've seen some extremely retarded theories throughout my years here. /x/ thinking that HAARP would open a portal on Dec 21, 2012, /v/ thinking DmC would have a dinosaur Vergil at the end that used a time machine powered by fetuses' tears, /pol/ thinking Donald Trump is a time traveler with a time machine made by Nikola Tesla. But "Disney is behind the baneposting" is the dumbest of them all, and worthy of a screencap.
>>
>>86864962
Thank you. I do try.
>>
File: zorak.jpg (21KB, 450x332px) Image search: [Google]
zorak.jpg
21KB, 450x332px
>>86864466
Dude, Burton Batman was like Adam West Batman with some darkness. Corny, stupid, campy. Add dark filters and a few deaths and suddenly great? nope.
Rewatch Burton Batman. As an adult, you will see what the child did not.
B1: C+ (Jack was good if not authentic
B2: D- (utterly idiotic movie)
B3: F (no one knows wtf they are doing especially the writers)
B4: F (plumbing the depths of what can be worse)

BB: B+ (finally a decent Batman film with only a few dumb parts. Still unable to escape dumb parts)
TDK: A- (Joker and 2face done exceptionally well but still has The-Curse-of-Dumb in assorted parts)
TDKR: D+ (written so poorly that there is a cringe at least every 5 minutes)

SR: C- (one great scene: plane rescue)

MoS: B- (dumb movie with top notch action scenes)
BvS: C- (messy directing and writing. Misscast and and miss-concept)
WW: A- (a half poor end fight but overall well done film)
>>
>>86864946
I rewatched it recently and thought that it was a fairly solid movie and casted very well.
>>
>>86864948
>insider sources
So no source at all, thanks anon
>100 million in profit is a flop
Jesus
>>
>>86864998
What's the next step of your master plan?
>>
>>86864876
Good to see you're better. Must have been a script collision.

The point being you're just confirming snyder is as bereft of creativity/integrity as the MCU.

Hes a literal and completely unapologetic whore who will go on at lengths about how freeing and liberating it is to be a whore.
>>
>>86865013
forgot
SuicideS: D (Harley was good and a few nice scenes don't excuse rotten everything else)
>>
File: big guy.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
big guy.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>86864817
Baneposting was born out of how fucking ridiculous the entire plane scene is. Jesus, you fanboys are fucking retarded.
>>
>>86864056
No, not once.
>>
>>86865082
So BvS wasn't a flop which was your original point, it's brave to admit defeat anon, no shame in that
>>
>>86865090

Yeah but was he a big guy?
>>
>>86865138
BvS flopped no matter how you try to argue it didn't. They spent a lot more money than they made.
>>
>>86865054
>$100 million in profit is a flop
Considering even Marvel movies starring literal whos have made more I'd say it didn't do too well
>>
>>86865013
I did rewatch the Burton Batman movies as an adult, and they're still great. They're campy as hell, and a lot of fun. Returns especially, though lacking in Nicholsen, has Danny Devito and Christopher Walken being entertaining as fuck, plus Michelle Pfeiffer as a great Catwoman. Good action, great atmosphere, they still hold up really well.
>>
>>86865171

They got half their money back with product placement.
>>
>>86865171
But deadline said it made $100M in net profit and Snyder got a bigger movie right away
>>
File: IMG_0638.jpg (217KB, 923x1219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0638.jpg
217KB, 923x1219px
>>86864778
It's pretty simple. A man who looks like a god is somehow causing magic to wake back up in a world that looked like ours on the surface, but wasn't. It's the world where our myths are real.

It's also a story about the dangers of false gods, and that tracks all the way back to MoS's opening scenes, as well as the dangers of fanaticism, xenophobia and the importance of facing your own truth.
>>
>>86865203
This. Burton movies are like MCU movies but good
>>
>>86865174

I didn't know who anyone was other than that scragly little weasel that played Luthor (who the fuck were they trying to kid?) and the duck that yells in the insurance commercials, or whatever his name is.
>>
>>86865204
They got about 150-200m back from product placement, they still spent 300-400m on marketing, the simultanious international holiday weekend release was a huge expenditure, the dropoff after that weekend was catastrophic.

According to all data, BvS flopped.
>>
File: IMG_0735.jpg (387KB, 996x2197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0735.jpg
387KB, 996x2197px
>>86865076
Crashing this thread. WITH NO SURVIVORS.
>>
>>86865290
>they still spent 300-400m on marketing
150M actually

Why can't you guys understand that if any of these movies had flopped they would have canned the entire DCEU? And it was a good call that they didn't, Wonder Woman is going to make more profit than Civil War
>>
>>86865332
holy fuck these images are embarrassing.

It'd be so much nicer to imagine they're the work of people getting paid to make them. But as this goes on, its getting harder to think that.
>>
>>86865203
Wow. I thought first Batman was OK but that 2nd one was fucking retarded.
>>
>>86865385
Careful bud, I once killed a man for having a different opinion than me.
>>
At the end of the day, DC should never be "grounded." DC is fucking outrageous in comics, like way above any kind of fucked up shit that goes on in Marvel.

I'd hate, HATE to say it but- any DC film should probably be directed by Micheal Bay just for any sort of perspective. Superman is basically The Sentry times a billion. How are you going to fuck with that?
>>
>>86865415
If you kill me I'll ass-impregnate you.
>>
>>86865348
Their thinking is along the lines of how, if the MCU had been canceled after norton-hulk flopped, there would not have been the avengers.

They're literally throwing good money after bad at this point because they basically have to. They keep test marketing and keep getting results that indicate high amounts of anticipation for good movies, then keep shitting on the audience.

Not to mention the reason WW's budget was scaled so far back is fundamental proof that ad placement is primarily what's paying for these movies, as you can't put a 2017 Jeep Rebel (or whatever) car commercial an extended intro sequence in 1911.
>>
>>86865290
Also we don't have financial data on particular movies but we do know that Warner Bros had their second best year in 2016 despite having no new videogames. Like 17% more profit than the previous year or some shit. In the financial reports, they mention by name BvS, Suicide Squad and that Fantastic Beast thing

So no, they didn't flop
>>
>>86865465
That is my fetish.
>>
>>86865513
Most of WB's 2016 year came from how harry potter merchandise still sells the absolute fuck out of itself.
>>
>>86865497
Dude they haven't lost a single cent on the DCEU, your mental gymnastics won't change it. Even the "confirmed flop" of BvS made 100 millions in profit out of theaters alone, and Suicide Squad had a better return on investment than civil war.
>>
File: warner2016.png (282KB, 1062x483px) Image search: [Google]
warner2016.png
282KB, 1062x483px
>>86865583
Sure thing buddy
>>
>>86865552
Perfect! We'll have a half breed DC/MCU shit-baby that unites the houses. A little poop comic-mesiah.

Let's start hate-arguing over what to name it!
>>
>>86865612
You know what "gross revenue" means, right? The studio doesn't get 100% of the ticket sale. The most liberal estimate puts that at around 60%.

But as was touched on a second ago, most of WB's money is coming from harry potter merchandise. So they have a large amount of disposable income. Meaning they can eat losses on the DCEU without much complaint because they'd lose to to taxes anyway.

But I realize I'm getting into something more complicated than "GROSS - BUDGET = PROFIT," so I'm anticipating a lack of understanding of these points.
>>
>>86865716
But I'm not a fanboy for either shit heap. I'll have your assbabby though.
>>
>>86865766
Good. Then I name it.
>>
>>86865717
Read this son >>86865653, we can skip the whole mental gymnastics exhibition
>>
>>86865810
if you understood what any of that meant, you'd know it allows for BvS to have flopped.
>>
>>86865827
It allows it but they mention BvS by name as a reason of the great year they had, so you can stop this now. Deadline puts BvS net profit at 100 million. It just didn't flop, kid. Suicide Squad didn't flop either, it overperformed pretty hard.
>>
>>86865959
Its okay son, I already knew this would be beyond you.

Since I have facts and information on my side, all you can do is cry about mental gymnastics.

It flopped, get over it.
>>
>>86865450

DC likes to have its cake and eat it too. They try to be realistic and super dark. Just go look the big story-lines. Shit is usually grim as fuck and full of gore (plus sometimes rape). But they also want to be super fantastical, mythological and cerebral.
>>
>>86866020
>deadline says it didn't flop
>worldwide gross > 3x budget rule
>WB had the best year ever thanks to the DCEU
Mental gymnast a little more kid, facts will change to stop hurting your feefees
>>
>>86866093
You're the only one who's upset about this.
Thread posts: 424
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.