[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Note Game Thread #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 53

File: Real Kira.jpg (832KB, 1500x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Real Kira.jpg
832KB, 1500x2250px
Piratecucks are just catching up Edition.
>>
LORD KIRA
>>
>bLack
>>
File: whataday.jpg (251KB, 1928x1080px) Image search: [Google]
whataday.jpg
251KB, 1928x1080px
HOL UP WHITE BOI
>>
Why didn't he write he would get one last blowjob before she died?
>>
>>86848735
He's too beta
>>
File: 1491200468889.jpg (136KB, 749x751px) Image search: [Google]
1491200468889.jpg
136KB, 749x751px
Misa was hot, everything else was pure shit
>>
File: 1503652657505.jpg (98KB, 590x453px) Image search: [Google]
1503652657505.jpg
98KB, 590x453px
>Mia Sutton
>MiaSutton
>Misatton
>Misa-tan

Oh i get it
>>
>>86848670
>Can make people write Japanese before they died despite not knowing the language
>Didn't have someone write L's name before they died
>Not having the FBI working with L just shoot him next time they saw have with I can control you rule
>>
>>86848670
japan made a faithful adaptation, so why the fuck couldn't americans figure this shit out without ruining deathnote
>>
>>86848670
Non-piratefags, give me a rundown on how bad it is.
>>
File: phantasmdn.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
phantasmdn.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I just finished watching it and really liked it. I watched the anime in high school when I was an edgelord but haven't cared about it since. Thought this was a fresh take on the material. Loved the neon light cinematography and synth score. I can see it turning the hardcore fans off but I think regular people and teenagers will like it.

also Phantasm reference
>>
>>86848819
Claver girl
>>
>>86848834
>japan made a faithful adaptation
cuz it was japanese as fuck in the first place, they should have just made all new characters, not americanized versions, legit all new characters and keep the Death Note macguffin as well as Ryuk
>>
File: 1503653174451.png (802KB, 1724x702px) Image search: [Google]
1503653174451.png
802KB, 1724x702px
>>86848846
Not too bad actually.
Worth the watch
>>
>>86848846
6/10

4/10 if you liked the anime
>>
>>86848735
>she dies choking on cum

the movie had major Nightcrawler / Drive feel. It was decent for a netflix original. bLack was fine, no YO HOL' UP I TALKIN NAO WHYTTY garbage.
>>
>>86848876
I don't think nationality was the problem, I don't give a shit if Light doesn't look like a Jap as long as the personality fits, but when you make Light a fucking beta, then we have a fucking problem
>>
>>86848834
>japan made a faithful adaptation
when was this? the live action movies werent faithful at all. just bulllshit L wank and Ratio being a fucking dumb jock. the live action DN nip movies were shit.
>>
>>86848829
He probably google translated it and can only make them write something one or the other knows. Not killing others indirectly is probably a rule too.

desu light should have just shot L would have been a better movie than this crap
>>
Someone make some gifs of bLack running and sliding over the hood of the car at the end
>>
>>86848891
accurate
>>
>>86848769
>>86848819
was misa as terrible than animumisa? or even worse?
>>
File: not drive.jpg (290KB, 1089x1600px) Image search: [Google]
not drive.jpg
290KB, 1089x1600px
>>86848893
Same director
>>
File: kaaaaa.jpg (254KB, 1439x771px) Image search: [Google]
kaaaaa.jpg
254KB, 1439x771px
So Misa was basically Kira?
Yaaas queeeenn
>>
>>86848947
She's really hot and that's all that matters
>>
>>86848947
>tfw you edit a post but forget to edit half of it so you sound like a drooling autist who can't into syntax
>>
Live action was a mistake
>>
File: anime light.png (225KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
anime light.png
225KB, 800x480px
>>86848846
Willem Dafoe as Ryuk and some actual human acting, based on the trailers.
Understandably, /a/ is butthurt.
>>
>>86848977
adds a bit of seemingly ironic humor ur good fampai
And nice dubs
>>
>>86848951
Is this why there's so much shoved in Neon and synth? Like what, is that a directorial style appropriate for every film?
>>
File: HARRYYY.jpg (90KB, 1120x600px) Image search: [Google]
HARRYYY.jpg
90KB, 1120x600px
>>86848947
>>86848958

Naw she's just a crazy fuck now
>>
>wingard is doing godzilla vs kong

rip
>>
>>86849012
I T S ooo T H E - - - F U T U R E

>accept it
>>
>>86849012
It's the director "signature aesthetic"
>>
>>86848846
people who dont give a shit about anime will like it, and anime fans who arent retarded mouthbreathers will probably think it decent but compare it too much to the source material
>>
I liked it
>>
File: bait.png (82KB, 875x875px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
82KB, 875x875px
>>86849099
Normies get out
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>White L
-Mild mannered
-Highly rational
-Calm
-Soft-spoken
-Not even slightly mad when he knows he's about to die
>Black L
-Litterally chimps out every chance he gets
-Steals a car to wreak havoc on the city and to violently take the upper hand on his opponent
-Screams (a lot)
-Dresses like an Antifa member

At least it was realistic
>>
it's kind of like a gender swapped Heathers. Mia is Christian Slater's character, the real edgelord, and Light is Winona Ryder, edgy, but not as edgy
>>
>>86849178
they reversed almost all characters
>>
>>86849178
L was a happa tho. he aint white whyte boi.
>>
>>86848951
KINO
>>
okay who else thought this movie was actually pretty comfy? it had an atmosphere like straight out of the early 00's and since I'm getting old and starting to have nostalgia for those times I really liked it.
>>
>>86848846
It's dogshit compared to the manga but as a standalone movie it's "acceptable".
>>
File: whaaat.jpg (413KB, 1240x1207px) Image search: [Google]
whaaat.jpg
413KB, 1240x1207px
pls explain the ending desu
>>
File: lol turner.png (498KB, 858x449px) Image search: [Google]
lol turner.png
498KB, 858x449px
>yep, that's me
>you're probably wondering how I got into this situation
>Well it all started when a shinigami showed up to my school
>>
so
fucking
good
>>
>>86849288
I don't understand the whole Mia takin the book back. I think it meant nothing. He was just playing along because the plan was already in motion for her to die.

I don't really get why she thought she could just take the book. Was that a rule?
>>
File: kurosawa keikaku.jpg (182KB, 788x834px) Image search: [Google]
kurosawa keikaku.jpg
182KB, 788x834px
>>86849294
TRANSLATORS NOTE
>>
I loved Death Note because Light is literally me and I agreed with him on everything about the world and the methods.
This guy in the movie here, is a fucking retarded.
>>
>>86849359
it wasn't clever in the other thread either
>>
>>86849340
>I don't really get why she thought she could just take the book.

She was plain crazy.
>>
>>86849359
>when you love Death Note because you want to be Light but hate Murder Book (2017) Netflix Original because you are Light
>>
File: frodo.jpg (20KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
20KB, 400x399px
My opinion of the original anime series isn't that high, but this movie did not do it any justice at all.
It took concepts familiar to the original and then took some liberties with said concepts that ended up making the movie a mess.

Why did just putting "Watari" in the book work?
Why was Ryuk so involved in antagonizing Light and pressuring him?
What in the FUCK was Mia's motivation to even want to help Light or even exist as a character at all? And furthermore, what in the FUCK was her motivation to want to steal the note for herself?? I get that she wanted to "Help Light because she thought he was doing a bad job dealing with the investigation", but what would stealing the book for herself accomplish??
Why is it exactly that when L decided to start investigating Light in this adaptation, and had people following him, did he not immediately realize he had a girlfriend, and also follow her?
Why in the fuck was L an overemotional crybaby over Watari? Why did they feel the need to force in a chase scene between L and Light?
I could go on with these questions but I think you get the idea.
>>
Is movie misa as cringy as the anime?
>>
File: bulma.jpg (105KB, 859x755px) Image search: [Google]
bulma.jpg
105KB, 859x755px
>>86849359
Go back to your containment board.
>>
What was L's real name? I'm trying to go back and catch it
>>
>>86849008
thanks!

>>86849015
I see.
I'm surprised by how many posts say L was decent/the only decent thing of that movie, especially after watching the teasers&stuff.

I might give it a shot, fully expecting to be disappointed but who knows.

I only liked DN up to L's death pretty much - like many fans, I believe - so if they cut down on the Near crap this might be for the best.
>>
File: qcode.jpg (893KB, 1701x1701px) Image search: [Google]
qcode.jpg
893KB, 1701x1701px
>>86849399
Nah she wasn't annoying on this one.
>>
Margaret Qualley looks like a rich mans Emma Roberts.
>>
File: Kaya.jpg (93KB, 938x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Kaya.jpg
93KB, 938x1024px
>>86849438
She looks like a budget Kaya
>>
>>86849438
Fucking right? I was thinking this the entire movie whenever she was on screen
>>
>>86849415
I don't think it was visible
>>
>burning the page
stupid
>watari is his real name and works
stupid
>the shoe horned sex scene
stupid
>misa getting the drop on CIA
stupid
>writting Ryuks name down will kill him
>no ones gotten past two letters
The first page he read said 'dont trust RYUK'

>Ryuk keep dropping the note around, users leaving notes
cool
>the music / death scenes
well done
>bLack
great until he lost his temper
>>
>>86849359
>I loved Death Note because Light is literally me and I agreed with him on everything about the world and the methods.

You agree with EVERYTHING about his methods?

I'm not sure I would've enjoyed the anime as much if I agreed with everything he did...

I think we're supposed (most people anyway) to agree with him killing criminals, to a certain degree at least. But when he goes on with "I'm going to kill cops who try to arrest me because I'm killing criminals", I don't think you're supposed to 100% agree with this without a second thought. I think you're supposed to feel conflicted about it, and (unironically) it really makes you think. About the individual actions, about the big picture; Well he kills 10 cops but the criminals he kills would've killed more, and innocents on top of that, and these 10 cops would've stopped him so these criminals would do as they will... But then what is the limit? what if he has to kill 1000 cops? What if he has to kill 1 million innocents?

This conflict of thought was a big part of the interest.
Much more interesting to me than
>I'm a super vigilante and I kill all bad guys and if any good guy tries to stop me then he's actually a bad guy so I kill him too no one will stand in my way!
>>
>>86848670
>https://911movies.co/movies/death-note/
>>
>>86849481
>tfw no kaya gf who can be super classy, or dirty/lewd as fuck
>>
>>86848733
>L believes in the law and justice, yet chases Light, without knowing for sure if it's him who's Kira, lacking the evidence.
>Watari makes L freak the fuck out in an emotional fit, when he's meant to be a calm, collected and virtually perfect detective
>black guy dressed all in black chases someone with a gun, running past the police in the process and nobody open fires
>Ultimately kills Light, in a fit of sadness, when his character in the original would never use the Death Note
>Light is a spineless piece of shit who's retarded and shows the death note to a girl straight away
>the screaming in the room is comedic and feels like a comedy movie made by Seth Rogen or some shit, making the atmosphere just unlike Death Note in every way
>he's not manipulating Mia and he's all around unlikable like some school shooter autist
>he's poor, living next to a train track
>he's not the most popular kid in school
>he doesn't have a fake friendship with L, where Light becomes L's best friend

also something that makes zero sense at all:
>able to get prisoners to write Japanese without them knowing Japanese, with the Death Note
>able to control the wind with the Death Note and making it land on a fire that was conveniently there, even though he'd have absolutely no idea that there was a fire there
>didn't just write that Mia pushes L and he lands into a bottomless pit

The only shit in the movie I liked a tiny bit was how he survived at the end
this basically could have been a movie where a kid gets mind control and uses it to kill criminals, since it's nothing like Death Note

>>86849340
I think it was activated by her touching the Death Note, as if it was an ownership rule or some bullshit, like if she didn't take it then she wouldn't have died, although he wrote her name so she would have definitely died in a minute of a heart attack
I have no idea
>>
>>86849340
If she held onto it for a week, it's her's.

Here's what I don't get, Light wrote that she takes the notebook then dies. He explains it as conditional, like "this person only dies if they do x" but that's not how the death note worked in the movie at any point. Did he seal her fate? Yes. Did he do it knowingly? No, and that's my issue with it. Light was too stupid to use the book until the end, which is when he wrote the Mia book thing anyway. So what the fuck is going on?
>>
File: dn.png (272KB, 830x588px) Image search: [Google]
dn.png
272KB, 830x588px
If I had to sum up the movie in one image
>>
That whole movie was unbelievably gay
>>
File: Desire to know more.gif (1MB, 630x502px) Image search: [Google]
Desire to know more.gif
1MB, 630x502px
>>86849557
>>no ones gotten past two letters
>The first page he read said 'dont trust RYUK'

what?
>>
>>86849623
this fucking line
I mean it is pretty simple, if you don't also make them write Kira and draw attention to yourself
the line makes no sense
the actual Light wouldn't say that, because he was smart and self-aware unlike this fucking chump
>>
>>86849560
I would easily sacrifice my own family to do something like purge the world from the scum. No second thoughts. It's obvious that what Light is doing is a very important matter that will make the world more clean, killing people that try to stop him is the right choice. It's a small price really.
>>
>>86849648
Light
>I'll write your name in the book (Ryuk!)
Ryuk
>good luck scrub, no ones gotten past two letters

>one of the first things Light reads says 'dont trust Ryuk' across a rules page
>>
File: Kaya Scodelario.jpg (345KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Kaya Scodelario.jpg
345KB, 800x1000px
>>86849587
>>
>>86848670
white man tries to clean up crime and murder infested city

nigger calls him evil for trying to save innocents, gets him killed

like pottery
>>
L was actually the best thing about the entire movie and honestly I don't think I'd mind a sequel, I wish they had made far more references to the actual anime and even though the pacing is pretty fucked it was still pretty alright.
So pretty much unless they included the shinigami eye thing there is no way L would have his name revealed so pretty much makes him unkillable
I waited a long time for this movie...
at lest the lighting, the music, and the 80s feel of it was nice
But it wasn't what I wanted or expected
>>
>>86849686
There was a scene in the manga. How Light's reaction was to test it and kill the evil people and how normal human beans wouldn't even try to check if it's real.
>>
>>86849650
>if you don't also make them write Kira and draw attention to yourself

Ehhh L got him by the second killing by showing off to budget Kaya
>>
>>86849648
Also rule one says any Human who's name is written will die.
>>
>>86849760
The way I took it as, the book wouldn't kill him anyway, but if someone was foolish enough to think it'd work he'd kill them before they even finished writing
>>
>>86848670
Who asked for this? Who in their right mind wanted this to be made?
>>
>>86848846
Just finished it. First half was ok. Cinematography was nice. Then Light basically tells L he's Kira "it's too complicated man you wouldn't understand it!!!! :( "
Light's a beta cuck. His "American girlfriend" is a better Kira than him. Everything is boiled down and Americanized. The fbi Kills were imo kinda clever. More gore was kinda nice. Willem Defoe was great as Ryuk. Was missing his bright green plastic shell.
Also Ryuk is not passive observer. He pushes Light to his first kill, and openly threatens Light when he tries to pussy out. Ends on a cliffhanger. L is emotionally unstable. And black. Sucked. Disappointing.
3/10
>>
someone give me a quick rundown
>>
File: Squirrel Girl.jpg (100KB, 868x942px) Image search: [Google]
Squirrel Girl.jpg
100KB, 868x942px
>>86849786
money
>>
What the fuck was with that ending?

Im guessing L wrote Light's name in the Death Note
Or maybe he thinks Light is the victim of Mia & another Kira is out there, so sequel hook?
>>
>>86849890
>wow I really want to buy a Netflix subscription to watch this

Said no one ever.
>>
>>86849860
white man tries ti restore justice and safety

nigger stops him

nigger is the good guy
>>
>>86849918
I want /pol/ to leave
>>
is it worth watching if Margaret Qualley is my waifu?
>>
>>86849860
Light: Pussy
L: Smart emotional bitch who chimps out
Mia: Manipulative mentally ill bitch

to /pol/ the movie might be redpilled or something
the black guy is an emotional hypocrite like >>86849722 says
Mia's character is like the director is telling you that you should never trust women at all, when she tries to kill Light's dad in front of Light and doesn't understand why he's mad at her, then later threatens to kill Light if he doesn't give her the Death Note
Light is just a beta pussy
>>86849939
I browse /pol/ ironically, because it's pretty funny sometimes, but I haven't been brainwashed by them, honestly though I feel like someone from /pol/ made the movie, so you can't blame people for pointing out how fucking obvious it is
>>
>>86849949
yup, she looks good here
>>
>>86849939
pol is half the country. you created this by trying to punch people for their first amendment rights

the story is literally about a white man trying to kill criminals, and a black man defending the criminals, because killing murderers is white supremacy
>>
File: pol_goes_to_tv.gif (2MB, 250x135px) Image search: [Google]
pol_goes_to_tv.gif
2MB, 250x135px
>>86849939
i want you to go back
>>
>>86849745
not sure if I'm tired or just because non-english native speaker but It took me 3 times reading that to (kinda) understand it.
Going to sleep I guess, but if you happen to have it, could you post/link said scene from the manga?
seems interesting
>>
>>86849910
he said that he know light isnt a sadist, and light even spared his life when he was chasing him. he realied that mia was the one who took it to the next level by killing the fbi agents
no way he wrote down lights name
>>
>>86850010
>>86849999

All these triggered nazis
>>
>>86849714
can you imagine, going to some family xmas dinner or something and having her with you?

how prideful you'd feel to have such a girl in your life loving you and all...
>>
>>86850054
I would cut my lifespan to a half for a chance to marry Kaya
>>
>>86849588
>typing all that

didnt even read it
>>
>>86850072
Deal?
>>
>>86850072
I'd cut 3/4 off it tbqh
And just to date her for say 5 years (assuming I have more than 20 years left).
>>
Casting a dumb nigger as L. Need I say more? Hollywood is pure shit.
>>
>>86850144
Rolling

For a yes
>>
>>86849588
>didn't just write that Mia pushes L and he lands into a bottomless pit
In actual Death Note you can't write a cause of death that would lead to people other than the name you wrote dying, not sure if that rule is still around in this though
>>
>>86848846
it had like no depth, other than that it was ok experience
>>
>>86850176
but he was the only good part of the movie
>>
>>86850176
Go back to /pol/ ruskie shit
>>
>all these niggers in the thread
>>
fucking smelly niggers ruining my jap toons
>>
>>86850188
>In actual Death Note you can't write a cause of death that would lead to people other than the name you wrote dying
Doesn't Light do that in the first Japanese movie though, he uses Naomi to kill his own girlfriend then kill herself.
>>
My review:

Death Note in an american universe
>Nigger L is stupid as fuck but also autistic
>Jewish Light is smart but hides his powerlevel until her goyim girlfriend is dead
>Dad is the average goy of average intelligence
>>
File: Leave.jpg (174KB, 712x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Leave.jpg
174KB, 712x1024px
>>86849006
>>86849093
>Hating weebs on an anime discussion forum
>>
>>86850283

He writes the deaths for both Naomi and the girlfriend as separate kills but the conditions are written in such a way that the events have to interact in order for them to actually work.
>>
>>86850320
get with the times gramps. old animefags have moved on with the site, it's us young folk's turn :)
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 960x640px
whachu say bout us white boi?
>>
>>86849178
At the begining he was portraying a good L, but then he chimped out just like most civilized black males tend to do after pretending to be white/asian for way too long.
>>
>>86849288
Shylock Light was smarter than everyone all along.

He was just pretending to be a beta to deceive the goyim audience.
>>
>>86850325
Ah okay.
>>
To be honest I kinda liked it. There were a lot of uncharacteristic moments (light immediately reveals the DN, completely spergs out when seeing Ryuk, L in his entirety etc.) but the ending made it all up for me.

Now I just want to know what black L does at the end. Also I'm sad that there's no father-dies-while-believing-his-son-isnt-kira scene
>>
>Light is a social outcast loser, not a boy genius
>L is a fucking retard, not a boy genius
>The Death Notes rules are all fucked up
>Ryuk takes a side
>Light tells his fucking dad that he is Kira
>L doesn't die
>Ends on sequel bait
>No potato chips
>No keikaku (keikaku means plan)
>No Rem
>L drives around in a rage and attempts to kill Light
What the fuck did I just watch?
>>
>>86849396
All those questions and more will get answered in the sequel
>>
File: file.png (75KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
75KB, 250x241px
>>86850445
>sequel
>>
>>86849557
>>misa getting the drop on CIA

female status=

E M P O W E R E D
>>
>>86850338
You don't have to get defensive when redirected back to rebbit, rather take the advice and you will end up in more appropriate company. So just go, you don't belong here.
>>
File: ,,,,,,,,.png (711KB, 921x702px) Image search: [Google]
,,,,,,,,.png
711KB, 921x702px
Did Light at least become a cold and calculating mother fucker or does he stay a whiny beta bitch throught this flick?
>>
Eh. Solid 6/10.

Light's idealistic view is kind of refreshing. Hero Light has never been done before and even though he knows he's in the wrong I thought it was an interesting idea. He's so stupid and easy and should of figured out what's going on before the ending, but I guess Hero Light can't be perfect. Ryuk kind of dumps the whole thing on him and he's scared and doesn't know what's right to do.

Mia is interesting. I don't remember which adaption it was but they'd definitely mentioned in one of them that interactions with the Death Note can drive someone to madness and this is the first time that's really been explored outside of Light. It was easy to spot that she was responsible for the FBI killings but I'm surprised they made her the central villain in the story, until Light outplays her at the end. She's probably the reason they pushed the Kira/Godhood thing so much despite Light wanting to just help the world.

L is 50/50. He's a really good L, but he's an imperfect one. Maybe he hasn't been doing this as long as Manga L. He's still reliant on Watari and, like the original L, is still somewhat of a lost child. The fact that Watari's death kind of breaks him is interesting, since he never loses his cool in any other version. L's so determined in his role that he must be Justice that he kind of just melts and tries to do whatever it takes to win.

Ryuk is great, I'm not entirely fond of the fact he pushes it onto Light rather than letting him discover it himself. Though admittedly, that and several other scenes work together well to mask the fact that Mia is the real villain, a lot of the movie makes it look like Ryuk is evil until the Mia reveal.

>'Watari' in the book working is stupid
>Music too loud over dialogue at points
>Open ending despite the fact its pretty obvious Light is Kira to the police

eh.

Japanese Live Action Trilogy/Quadrilogy if you count L Change the World is still the best version of Death Note.
>>
>>86850538
Light was always a hero tho?
>>
>>86850566

Light's a fucking monster in every other version are you crazy
>>
>>86850589
He did nothing wrong.
>>
>>86850521
He is a whining bitch throughout, he never becomes Kira. He refuses to kill any innocent even the ones going after him. Refuses to kill his dad, and L's right hand man.

Basically he has been rewritten into an anti-hero for an American audience who can't bare a story that follows a villain.
>>
>>86849860
here's the ending scene which is all you need:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmtB5Ef4GUE
>>
>>86850589
Killing people is literally the only way to save the world. How's that bad? He tried what he could to make the world better. I would have done the same thing.
>>
>>86850667
The music is not real, is it?
>>
>>86849415
In the live-action series it's L Lawliett, so it's probably something similarly stupid.
>>
>>86850718
the seinfeld bass is added but the cheesy 80s music was actually there. all the non-soundtrack song choices were weird as fuck.
>>
>>86850788
the track playing over Mia's death and Light's apparent one completely ruined the scene for me
>>
Is this kino?
https://3.lithi.io/VAOGr.webm
>>
>>86849557
>>86849648
>>86849687
forgetting you can put fake rules in the book.

only kills humans ryuk will fuck with people so I guess the implication is "go ahead try and kill me, i'll kill you before you can kill me."
>>
>>86850673
i would write my own name ha ha
>>
>>86850892
>https://3.lithi.io/VAOGr.webm
I thought it was going to be a comedy after that scene and based american would mock the japanese weaboos and their revenge fantasies

disappoint
>>
>>86850729
LeAndre
>>
>>86850937
Honestly I like to think that I'd try to better the world in some way but I would probably just verify that it works and then cause mass havoc (kill off lots of prominent figures, incite the Purge, etc) and then kill myself.
>>
>>86850733
The Death Note musical is legitimately good and I will hear no words against it.
>>
I laughed more at the final scene than I have at most comedies in recent memory

I don't mean that as an insult either, it was really fucking funny
>>
>>86851118
At least the costume design is great there.
>>
>>86850667
It's the last shot of the movie seriously him looking like a mongoloid before cutting to credits?
>>
>>86851276
yup
>>
>>86851276
That clip doesn't include the best part just prior where L is completely wigging out at a photo of shit eating grin Light as The Power of Love plays.
>>
Why the fuck did Light's father knock on the door of his hospital room if he was in a coma? How did he know he had waken up just a few seconds ago?
>>
>>86851669
Uh, because he didn't wake up that instant.
>>
>>86849557
>>86849648
>>86849687
>Not realizing the book doesn't follow the same exact rules as the anime/manga

He would have to write a cause of death for Ryuk after writing his name. Is /tv/ this retarded?
>>
>>86851669
Because he has the second death note that he used to kill Light, of course none of this will be revealed till the sequel comes out.
>>
>>86851731
He didn't write one for Watari.
>>
>>86851731

it's written on the margin of a rules page anyway, isn't it? it probably doesn't count
>>
So my boy Light loses once again?
>>
>>86851811
I'd call you a retard if it wasn't for dubs. Ryuk killed Watari.
>>
>that bitch scream from Light when he first sees Ryuk
Did anyone else laugh?

>>86851858
It was left up to the power of love.
>>
>>86851866
I'd call you a retard if it wasn't for your dubs. Mia killed Watari.
>>
>>86851858
Haha no, he not only wins, he's more 'good' in this movie than any previous version of Death Note.

He literally kills no innocents, pulls off a huge keikaku doori for finale in his favor and L is left mind broken by him
>>
was there the potato chip scene?
Or anything close to "exciting writing scenes"?
>>
>>86851965
>>86851925
Justice wins
>>
>>86851811

>Watari: becomes obsessed with revealing the true identity of the detective known as L. For the next 48 hours he will cease all communication with the outside world except to update what he learns to the number [whatever the phone number was]. At 7pm, on October 12th, he dies.

how do you forget this one when it took the half the fucking film
>>
>>86851970
Yeah, L munching on candy
>>
>>86851938
>>86851866
>>86851811
Who's behind this?
>>
>>86848670
>Death Note
I don't think this kind of thing could happen in the real world. It's not possible.
>>
File: dubs-man-57b665da832db.jpg (38KB, 681x681px) Image search: [Google]
dubs-man-57b665da832db.jpg
38KB, 681x681px
>>86852029
>>
File: l.jpg (116KB, 500x642px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
116KB, 500x642px
WATARI GOT POPPED?
>>
>>86851858
The ending is an ambiguous cliffhanger where one of two things happen:

Either Light has gotten away with it and L is left a broken shell of a man, or L snaps and writes Light's name in the Death Note out of rage, becoming a murder himself

Both ways Light wins.
>>
>>86848670
the movie was surprisingly okay. the nigger ruined it for me though. overacting, bad acting. he was bad from start to finish.

the light actor did an okay job even though him screaming literally like a little girl made me go wtf a few times.

the father was the only good thing about the movie, reeeee - youk was shit.
>>
>>86852107
I regret creating this meme
>>
>>86851993
"He dies" isn't a cause.
>>
>kira
>globalists
>false flags
this shit is hilarious
>>
File: 1534354.gif (55KB, 497x263px) Image search: [Google]
1534354.gif
55KB, 497x263px
WTF did I just watched?!
L didn't died, he actually kills "Light"? WTF?
>>
>>86849396
Mia was there just for being the "love interest", I actually was hoping for the "shinigami eyes" from the anime.
The L chasing Light scene was just to give a little bit of action in the movie.
>>
Is it kino?
>>
File: 1498919054151.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
1498919054151.gif
1MB, 276x260px
>>86851731
WRONG

The manga explicitly states if a cause of death isn't written, its a heart attack.
>>
CAUSE I'M YOUR LAAAAAAADDDDDYYYYYYY
>>
>tfw who praise this movie are either buttmad insecure niggers or SJWs
>>
So happy to see a BASED BLACK MAN xD as L. Btw I'm black and white people and ching chongs can go fuck themselves. If the directors want to cast L as a BASED BLACK MAN xD that's their right. Not yours.

>>86852134
>>>/pol/

At least the black guy can get an acting role. Unlike You

>>>/pol/
>>>/pol/
>>
File: 1482346356173.png (318KB, 515x433px) Image search: [Google]
1482346356173.png
318KB, 515x433px
I kept waiting for some cool twist.

>black L gets killed on live television, turns out the real L was behind it all

>Light wasn't actually Light, the movie would end with the book dropping in japan and manga Light would pick it up

>Light was actually a psychopath the entire time and planned everything so he would look innocent and didn't give a shit about Mia

>Light wrote L's name in and dies before he writes Light in the death note page, Near and Mello get notified and pick up the case leading to a sequel.
>>
What an awful butchered movie from the manga. Holy shit
>>
File: 1466294351483.png (12KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
1466294351483.png
12KB, 246x200px
7/10, they left it open for a sequel. Questionable music choice during serious scenes made them incredibly funny for some reason. I enjoyed it for what it was.
>>
>>86852634
It's very shit. Makes the japanese live action movies look like Kinos in comparison. Also, the lack of Erika Toda is distractiong. She trully became Misa.
>>
File: 1502430583200.gif (699KB, 235x216px) Image search: [Google]
1502430583200.gif
699KB, 235x216px
>actually kinda enjoyed the movie
>decides to comment it on /tv/
>opens Death Note thread
>/tv/ makes me start hating the damn movie
Oh /tv/.... EVERY FUCKING TIME
>>
What a travesty of a movie. Of course all of the /tv/ fags are like hyuk hyuk, not a bad adaptation.
>>
>>86852932
You didn't realize you hated the movie but your brain did
>>
>From the director of “Blair Witch,” a new vision of the hit manga by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata.
>a new vision
>not an adaptation
>>
Mia was a straight bitch, lemme just say that. She through Light's life over an edge for some bullshit plan that almost didnt work, then dumbass Light saves his own ass. Light had zero, ZERO intelligence feats besides doing some fucking to sell to other students for cash. Then in a turn of events, he does something which is closest to the source material Light, he planned everyone's steps and saved his ass. This is bullshit, they didnt even try to make Light smart because he didnt even try to act like he wasnt Kira for more than a second when L talked to him in the cafe. Light is a complete idiot he could've at least held off L so the pressure wouldnt be up his ass then L would've been even more shocked when Watari went to get L's birth documents which would give Light more than enough time to get L's name. L by the half way point proves he shouldnt even have the L name when he loses his fucking cool to the point of willingly trying to commit homicide and nearly getting others hurt. Don't get me wrong it was enjoyable I would give it a 7.5, but as an adaptation it falls flat when trying to adapt an manga and anime which I've watched over 30 times for each. I know Death Note like the back of my hand and this is insane. Even the Japanese Live action films from a decade ago at least tried. Then of course they needed to have a big hollywood scene with the ferris wheel. Fuck me man this is insane. I feel sequel baited out of the ass and I actually want them to try. First, when Light had a hard time writing down a name in the Death Note during hoemcoming I thought it was his dad but it was shown to be Misa, but I think that was on purpose as it's possible he wanted his dad to find out he was Kira before killing him which he probably wrote in the Death Note while he was in the computer lab during homecoming. I think L is dead, but unlike Light's father theory I just proposed I don't remember a detail which could help this one out.
>>
>>86853107
BW was so shit. At least the tunnel scene was worth it.
>>
mega link?
>>
File: 1477736806998.gif (682KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477736806998.gif
682KB, 320x240px
>>86852932
>not just having fun wondering why /tv/ would hate it
>>
should have been a 6 part mini series rather than a movie
>>
apart from L being a nigger this was watchable. solid 6/10.
>>
>>86853421
If each episode was 50-60 minutes I would agree
>>
>>86849557
>>writting Ryuks name down will kill him
>>no ones gotten past two letters
>>The first page he read said 'dont trust RYUK'
He mean't that no one knew how to spell it correctly. RYUK is probably a misspelling
>>
>>86853547
The name was written in the margins instead of on a page, it didn't count
>>
Will I like this if I enjoyed the Kite movie?
>>
>>86849340

Honestly I felt he had delusions of thinking that he could just turn shit back.

One thing about the original manga is that he thought he had a friend in Ryuk to the bitter end. He begs and pleads with him to try and pull him out of the mess he eventually gets himself into in the finale.

The way he was screaming for him to "take it back" at the wheel was like a nod to that in my eyes.
>>
Just write Watari, it's that easy.
>>
>>86848670
Anyone got a streamlink for me?
>>
>>86848846
It's not even good as a regular movie, let alone as a Death Note thing.
>>
If i'm a fan of the anime how mad will I get watching this? Did they butcher the characters?
>>
>Need the characters to do a thing for the plot
>Just write a new rule for the notebook
>>
>>86853799
Netflix.com
>>
>>86853874
I don't have money
>>
>>86853841
I am a superfan of both the manga and anime (read both over 50 times straight through) and this will piss you off. They dont honor the characters, Light is a dumbass (not even lying, he doesnt even try to hide his identity to L), L acts out of character in the third act, and Mia is a bitch who puts Light's life on the line with a faulty plan
>>
>>86853858
that's kind of what they did in the original
It's still lazy though
>>
>>86853886
You have 7 dollars
>>
The casual fans who have seen the anime, who also think this was good are transposing their anime feels onto this hot garbage.

The Netflix adaptation basically lacks everything worthwhile about previous incarnations of the story. It does not morally or intellectually challenge the audience and it also fails as a character study of either the very outre protagonist or antagonist. Neither Light or L are interesting characters and Light specifically is made into a more stereotypical, central casting character with absolutely nothing special about him. Making L "blacker" also worked at cross purposes to the drama aspect.

Mia was the best character as she was basically the real Kira and drove the films only questioning of moral premises, but she was also not the focus, is largely unmotivated and was probably meant to be an unambiguous villain.

This is just a dumb action movie without any action and will be taken as such by general audiences.
>>
>>86853993
I am not a casual fan. I have spent most of my life dedicated to Death Note, I probably know it on the same levels as the authors. This movie fails to complete any character arcs, has way too many flaws, and disregards character traits just to get through the film.
>>
>>86853648

You actually saw the Kite movie? I can't bring myself to do it. It's still in my case. No one will watch it with me and I don't wanna do it alone.
>>
>>86853993
It's not loyal the manga at all, it's really sad.

Light not being handsome, intelligent and witty and L being black are just signs that Hollywood doesn't care about the source material.

The only good parts were the music and some of the shots. There was no Ray Penber subplot, Light's father did not fill his role as chief of the police.

Mia was not an idol, but rather a Stacy cheerleader. Light was stupid enough to let her in on the fun, endangering everything, which she did.

I'm...just sad.
>>
>>86852284
Heart attack is the default cause of death
>>
>>86854154
Not in the film
>>
>>86853993
This.
>>
>>86850566
>>86850589
>>86850673

The only thing that I had to take away from the ending is how the criminals felt now that they knew pretty much that things had gotten back to normal. Crime was rising up once more at the end.
>>
this is just making me want to rewatch the jap movies
>>
>>86854149
It's not even entirely that. Unlike the manga and anime, Misa doesnt owe Light her fucking life, all Mia got out of the situation in the film was she was pretty much getting a high off of killing criminals. In my opinion Mia is the most interesting character in the goddamn film. She puts Light's life on the line for a faulty plan, acts greedy, claims she loves Light, gets a high off of being Kira, yet look at where it ends her. Because between her and Light I think Light was the lesser of two evils.
>>86854296
Rewatched the first one, second one and the L spin-off 20 times since this was announced last year. Actually really good, and the Light in those was amazing. Still need to watch the TV drama.
>>
>>86854104
Why do you need to watch it with someone? I didn't have any particular attachment to the original, so maybe that's why I was able to enjoy the adaptation as it was.
>>
>>86854404
a friend
>>
File: 1478076338544.jpg (34KB, 292x479px) Image search: [Google]
1478076338544.jpg
34KB, 292x479px
>>86851118

There was a musical. Of course there was a musical.
>>
>>86848916
Fucking this

I actually thought L was really good but light being such a beta was so weird
>>
>>86854502
yeah koreans did a musical stage play
>>
>>86854502
3 muscials in fact
>>
>>86854502
It's actually good.
>>
>>86851965

Not gonna lie. I would have given this movie a 10/10 if he used the final scene to say this line.
>>
>>86854569
Which is better? Nip production or Korean production?
>>
>>86852875
Bait
>>
>>86851965

The last scene was really good. Some people are trying to find loopholes on it, like the page going into the fire. But they keep forgetting this is Death Note, and the keikakus know of no limits.
>>
>>86854353

The first two movies are alright. Can't fuck with the third. I decided not to watch the tv drama since even by Jap standards they hate it.

There are some new movies out recently too however, and I don't know if they're any good. I have to look them up.
>>
>>86854552
>>86854567
>>86854569

Not gonna lie I'd like to look for these but I'm afraid I'm not going to get anything good like subtitles and all that. Aren't stage plays hardly ever recorded or produced? Never got that shit. You would think there would be more of a market for that kind of thing.
>>
>>86848925
>light should have just shot L
this light is less evil than original one and he win in the end
>>
In the end Light and L should've both killed each other.
>>
i've read and watched every version of Death Note and i think Death Flix is pretty good.
AMA
>>
File: 1503588259361.jpg (913KB, 800x2251px) Image search: [Google]
1503588259361.jpg
913KB, 800x2251px
>>
>>86854671
There was never as haplessly impossible and uncalculated as that page falling into the fire though.
>>
>>86848670
just watching it, but wtf is up with
1. light being so stupid, showing the note in the first 20 minutes
2. only the keeper can see ryuk
>>
>women ruin everything

>>86848846
shit L
>>
File: 1503039993649.jpg (192KB, 853x1137px) Image search: [Google]
1503039993649.jpg
192KB, 853x1137px
>>86851965
How will Lfags ever recover?
>>
>>86854808
They changed rules throughout the whole movie for no other reason other than to cover up bad writing.
>>
>>86854353
the latest movie that came out last year, Light Up The NEW World, is a sequel to the japanese movies set ten years later and its literally the best thing to ever come out of the Death Note brand.
>>
I adore that tons of people expected there to be symbolism or thematic commentary based around white Light versus black L but not only was there nothing along those lines, this version of Light literally did nothing wrong, he's completely sympathetic and the good guy
>>
>"well it has dafoe i cant be too bad"
>read this thread

eeh i think im gonna skip this one
>>
>>86851965
>I wrote that I win in the magic book
Quality keikaku doori right there.
>>
BLACK L WAS FUCKING RETARDED, HOW CAN ANY OF YOU DEFEND HIM?!?!? LITERALLY BLACKED DEFENSE FORCE ITT
>>
>>86854935
I don't believe you. I was following the production of the film until right before it was released when I realized what they did with it.
>>
>>86854942
that's one of the many reasons why it's worse
whole thing is very middle of the road
>>
>>86850788
that's just what the director does, he puts 80s style music in his shit
>>
The only good things about the entire movie was the chase scene and willem. And even that felt forced and totally out of place. Ryuk was shit, but dafoe did a great job with the voice (although lacked the silliness and personality of ryul from the mange and anime)
>>
>>86854942
the only racism in the film was Light assuming Ryuk must have been the one that fucked him over with the FBI tailers.
>>
>/tv/ actually liked this "movie"

This should be a litmus test to accessing the board.
>>
>>86854804
the first fucking death note scene shows a bunch of ridiculous shit happening to take someones head off.... if it's possible it happens. the ferris wheel busted because it was possible

now tell me why would the page landing in fire not be possible?
even if there wasnt a barrel of fire just sitting there, a fire would have started somehow from anything going on and the page would have fallen in it because that's what he wrote and it was possible.

if you want to bitch about something, the one page burning rule is dumb to start with. other adaptions of death note explicitly define that destroying a page does not nullify what has been written.
>>
>We could have had a movie about Light vs ISIS and North Korea, with political intrigue and L still trying to stop him.
Instead we get people doing literally nothing for a whole movie in Seattle
>>
>>86854780

You still don't get it?

It's the sequel hook. Light wrote down L's name, bLack will die before writing Light's name. Near (a latino, called Cerca) will take on the case.

At the end it will not be Cerca, but Light's Dad that will kill Kira.
>>
>>86848670
>no feet washing scene
DROPPED
>>
>>86855167
yea it was weak as fuck. It would be great to see baghdadi, hilldog, jong un, and kohmeni all with the gratuitous violence .
>>
I liked this way more than I expected to but I'm not surprised the main complaint is "not muh Death Note" autism

It's the most divergent adaption yet and that's a good thing. Who the hell needs version 5 of Death Note aiming to be the same general thing again with different actors?

lol @ people saying they're going back to the Japanese live action movies instead. Yes, I too like Japanese movies and their sub-Asylum level acting and productions values
>>
Did I miss something. Did Light really confess to his Dad that he was Kira, or was it all in his head?
>>
>>86855190

Netflix insider bro here

This is how the sequel actually goes

>L doesn't write Light's name, because muh morals, muh can't be the same
>Instead he saves the page, unbeknownst to Light
>L befriends Light, we get the feet washing scene
>Light gets a hold of L's name following Watari's clues, hint to Near existing
>Final KEIKAKU fight between Light's Death Note and L's torn page
>>
>>86855260
He did, but he wrote his Dad's name, along with many other people that would know he was Kira, on the failsafe note he left in the math book that L found.
>>
>>86855242
Are you kidding? They hamfistedly stuffed more into an hour and 30 than a yakuza backed gangbang with a bucket of eels and a posse of genki negroes.
>>
>>86855242
Its still not a good movie.
Rules being pulled out of thin air, characters acting irrational.
>That scene when Light's dad goes on camera to see if he gets killed or not. Literally betting his life on the fact that his son is Kira while not believing that his son is Kira.
>>
>>86848670
How could they fuck this up so badly? Literally the worst movie I've watched in months
>>
>>86855260
My theory is he wrote his dad's name in the death note so he will die right after Light tells him
>>86855286
I think Light found out L's name somehow and killed him
>>
>>86855325
Bruh, you can see his Dad's name clear as day on the page L finds in the math book at the end.
>>
>>86855323
I don't know why you were expecting anything else from Wingard.
>>
>>86855310
>Rules being pulled out of thin air,

No they're not.

>characters acting irrational.

Humans are irrational you autistic logic-bot

>Literally betting his life on the fact that his son is Kira while not believing that his son is Kira.

Literally shit you made up that doesn't happen in the movie
>>
>>86855201
anime adaption was literally the worst adaption.
>>
Absolute trash

Like the rest of the franchise.
>>
File: 1500806537771.jpg (9KB, 233x255px) Image search: [Google]
1500806537771.jpg
9KB, 233x255px
https://3.lithi.io/VAOGr.webm

My sides
>>
>>86848958

is this real what game is this so i will never play it
>>
>>86855385
>not the nip live action films with shitty cgi ryuk

yu don fucked son
>>
netflix light is so fucking stupid, also, why is ryuk evil?
>>
>>86855378
You don't remember that scene?
>>
>>86855349
Schedule an appointment with an eye specialist
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1144x648px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1144x648px
>>86855349
Where?
>>
>>86855437
>>86855460

made you look ;)
>>
>>86855286
is it in their charter that literally everything new coming out of them has to have some sort of SJW hamfisting? These fuckers are going to ruin house of cards with their bias.

Dogma ruins good art.
>>
File: 1451314066813.png (214KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1451314066813.png
214KB, 400x399px
>watari whatever the fuck jap develops extreme racism and murders every nigger he sees who addresses him as watari.
>>
>>86855415
at least that adaption fixed up some plot holes and made the best ending and generally did new things with it. anime adaption is just the manga adaption with worse animation.

>>86855242
>It's the most divergent adaption yet
are we not counting Light Up the New World and L: The Last Name?
>>
>>86855469
Whatever nigger. I knew you were lying because this was the page Mia used for the FBI agents.
>>
KHUT ITZ A BIDDR SWIT
SYMPONI :D
>>
>>86855487
>at least that adaption fixed up some plot holes and made the best ending and generally did new things with it. anime adaption is just the manga adaption with worse animation.
I disagree, I think it is the basis for adapting it into the moving image. I think it did some things wrong and the other adaptations have done some interesting things, but the anime is the most solid by far. Especially the first series before it devolves into after the first L's death.
>>
>>86855541
so basically youre saying you havent read the manga
>>
>>86855577
There is a reading section at the onsen sento I go to. I thumbed through the first few volumes. understood like 2/3 of it but still got the gist.
>>
>>86850538
>Solid 6/10.
the shit taste in TV is real.
>>
>>86855613
the anime version is identical except...
>meme up the potato chip trick
>make it gayer
>forget to adapt some details here and there creating anime-exclusive plot holes
and the animation isnt even good so theres literally no reason to watch the anime over read the manga.
>>
>>86850538
>>86850589
what the fuck am I reading? Light was always the hero. After he killed L in the anime he made the world a peaceful place with literally no crime
>>
>>86855726
here's your (you)
>>
>>86855752
?
>>
File: file.jpg (47KB, 342x417px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
47KB, 342x417px
This is the definitive version of Death Note.
>>
>>86855770
tell me more, I heard they changed the ending.
>>
>>86855805
the animated movies are just condensed versions of the show with some extra scenes
I think only the live action movies changed the ending
>>
>>86855242
>the main complaint is "not muh Death Note" autism
Not at all. I think you could change almost everything about Death Note while maintaining the same overall thematic thrust and wind up with something interesting.

This lacked any sense of suspense. The audience isn't challenged to follow Light and L's machinations. It's also morally unambiguous and presented as such. It's uninteresting. Not a movie which activates the almonds, and not meant to be. On top of it the drama is bad because the characters are completely undeveloped stereotypes. It's sterile and heartless.

It's literally the opposite of what you claim, in being completely devoid of what made Death Note good in its' broadest strokes while nonsensically maintaining the superficial elements of the source material. It is a movie which is Americanized in terms of its' tropes (which is bad) with Japanese elements overlayed for no reason other than as cargo cult film making imitating the form without understanding the content.

No one calls a notebook a "note" in America. What is a "Death God"? Who names their kid "Light"? The whole L character's background lifted straight from the source material is completely out of place for the setting and tone of the film. This is stuff which is only fodder for the fanbase. Superficially it is too Death Note for western audiences, and simultaneously not Death Note enough in being boring and failing to actually challenge the audience in any way.
>>
>>86855768
You were baiting for replies because original Light was a sociopath and an unambiguous villain, a thing abundantly clear even before what he did to Ray Penber and Naomi.

OG Light is what Mia is in the Netflix movie
>>
>>86856056
Light was not an unambiguous villain
>>
>>86855960
THIS is why the last Japanese Death Note film worked THIS is why Death Note's central themes can work THIS is why I fucking love this franchise
>>86856056
He is a clear anti-villain
>>
keep the production budget, turn it into a mini series, flesh out some more details/rules/twists, limit wingard's access to his mixtape. then it could have been something more interesting. as it stands there are too many "what the fuck am i watching" tier adaptation choices.
>>
>>86856056
wrong
>>
I actually really liked it aside from Light being a beta and L giving up on his checkmate so there could be an action packed climax.
>>
So does L kill Light in the end or what?
>>
None of what made Death Note good was in that movie.
>>
>>86856211
It's ambiguous, but if my theory on the possible sequel happening then I think Light will kill both his father and L.
>>
>>86856218
There was a little bit of Light and L cat and mouse, that's pretty much it though.
>>
>>86856159
>what the fuck am i watching
this is pretty much my reaction to the whole thing
>>
>>86850538
>Light's idealistic view is kind of refreshing. Hero Light has never been done before
Light has always been an idealistic hero in every single version. i think what you mean to say is SANE, this is definitely the sanest version of Light.

>He's so stupid and easy and should of figured out what's going on before the ending, but I guess Hero Light can't be perfect
so here's the thing about og-light vs sane-light.... making him sane means they have to find a new way to close the net on him. the original way of closing that net was the character-flaw-as-plot-device but they found a new way to do it via Mia/Misa which gels perfectly with her as a personality and has the neat side effect of making this the smartest Misa. i think it's a great choice for both character changes.
HOWEVER the character-flaw-as-plot-device still has to be in effect, the death note is such a perfect killing device that you cant close the net without it. og-light flaw was that he was competitive. sane-light flaw is that he wants the girl.

>I don't remember which adaption it was but they'd definitely mentioned in one of them that interactions with the Death Note can drive someone to madness
this has been a line in every version since the manga, although not every version means it literally. some are like "absolute power corrupts". the jp movies though imply it's literal and the new jp movies (Light Up The New World) make death note user insanity a canon part of their universe.

>Japanese Live Action Trilogy/Quadrilogy
the manga->movie adaption was just 2 movies. i expect this american version to follow suit and finish the game in a second movie.
>>
i liked it but I never read the manga or watch the anime so I didn't know anything about it. i tried watching the anime a few years ago but I really don't have the attention span to watch a fucking cartoon. Also I'm an adult
>>
>his name is Light
Changing his name would be better than this. No one is named Light. Mid 2000 translaters were dumb enough to translate the word instead of recognizing that a name is a name no matter what language, doesn't mean this adaption has to have the most immersion breaking mc name of all time.
>>
>>86856434
I knew a white kid named Darkness who lived in a shelter for two years until his folks got a home
>>
>>86856434
it's mentioned that his mother was a "hippy type" so it's not that far fetched
>>
>>86849588
>>Ultimately kills Light, in a fit of sadness, when his character in the original would never use the Death Note
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>86856434
In Japanese his name is RAITO, not as in a name, but as in Light.
He is supposed to be called Light.
>>
>>86856429
The basic differences are Light isn't a whiny bitch and is actually a bit of a Chad; he doesn't need Misa to do his dirty work for him, he's completely willing to kill innocents when necessary; and L never flips out and tries to kill Light, he keeps his desire for a perfect checkmate until the end.
>>
>>86856434
they could have changed it to Wright.
it's fine though, he's post-millennial, they have retarded af names.
i mean i read the manga since it was releasing in 2004...there's probably a ton of 12yo kiddos walking around right now with the name Light.
>>
>>86856525
>he doesn't need Misa to do his dirty work for him
he has he halve her life twice for him in the manga to get the eyes...and the eyes are totally cheating and he knows it.
>>
File: 1421036958017.jpg (53KB, 625x418px) Image search: [Google]
1421036958017.jpg
53KB, 625x418px
>>86855190
>a latino called Cerca
My fucking sides
>>
>>86848733

I like how this death note apparently works like a programming sequence.

IF Mia takes the book, she dead in this very specific way that takes wind directions and a fire barrel near into account.

Why not do the same for watafake? Watari hands me the information I need, if he cannot give this to me in time he's spared and contacts me to rewrite his name, if he IS successful, he doesn't die.
>>
Were Near and Mello in it? Were they cute?
>>
>>86856594
I mean he's not so scared of hurting innocents that Misa has to do it behind his back to keep him safe. What you're talking about is more taking advantage of her, which this Light would never do either because of his refusal to let go of his morals.
>>
>>86856705
No. The orphanage/Detective academy is a plot point though, so that's probably meant to seed them for later.
>>
>>86856350
>L is literally chasing light
thats hilarious, this movie really bad, the only good part is light's final keikaku
>>
So do we like it or nah?

Adam Wingard is cancer, btw
>>
>>86856682
At the time he thought he could easily burn the page either way, and was dumb enough to not think he'd ever need to burn another.
>>
>>86850937
me too lol id also write your name
>>
>>86856870
I would write 4chan's name desu
>>
>>86856953
quickest way senpai
>>
>>
The sequel is coming, with a REAL Misa. This. wasn't Misa at all, can't you see that?
>>
>>86857177

This sums this film up.
>>
>>86857217
I believe a sequel may be coming where they address the complaints but Mia is Misa, this is reality
>>
>>86857177
The light in russian is "cвeт" (svet)
>>
>>86851925
Had a pretty good laugh.
Is this suppose to be a dark comedy?
>>
>>86856682
as far as the page burning, it's a dumb rule in itself but as for how he burned it....
from the first scene the death note is used in, it sets up that anything that is possible will happen even if it involves a bunch of shit outside of anyones control to happen.
this is different than any other version of DN, which typically only allows you to control the actions of the people who you're killing... but since it's set up it's not like it's an asspull at the end, the page goes in the fire because he wrote down that the page goes into the fire. thats the rules of this adaption... every adaption of DN has changed the death note rules in some way.

now about this "programming"...
in every version the death note will refuse to do it's controlling stuff if whats written is impossible or breaches some other rule (like not being able to make someone kill someone else)... so in a sense every version of the death note has been able to have break; cases.
however i dont think if cases are possible and i dont think he used one...
i just rewatched the part with his keikaku doori naration... he never says "IF" he wrote "when she accepts the death note".
i think he thinks "accepts" means he didnt force her to do it but he did, he killed her, at that point whether she wanted to take it or not she was compelled to simply because it was possible to.
he killed her.
>>
>>86848670
kek, terrible adaptation but funny b film despite it not trying to be one.

Felt like one of those fandubbed episodes
>>
File: dgRBXRw.jpg (211KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
dgRBXRw.jpg
211KB, 1280x800px
Migrate to this thread

>>86857346
>>86857346
>>86857346
>>86857346
>>86857346
>>86857346
>>
>>86848846
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPulAk0nuT4&feature=youtu.be

>me watching the film expecting it to keep the same values as the series
>>
they ruined ryuk and no matsuda. these writers fucking ruined the whole point of the show.

and light is supposed to be a relatable self-insert now? fucking idiots.
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.