[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm at episode 5 of Jessica Jones, quite disappointed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: trish-on-the-air.jpg (32KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
trish-on-the-air.jpg
32KB, 640x360px
After loving Daredevil S1 a lot, despite being quite fatigued with Marvel's movies, I thought I would watch their Netflix shows in order to then watch The Defenders. Plus everyone was praising this show as the second coming of Christ, but almost halfway in I think this show is really overrated.
>Pacing is quite boring
(and I'm generally a fan of slow stuff, one of my favorite movies is Kubrick's 2001 for example)
>MC is a sassy arrogant douche
and people on reddit/blogs/websites semm to love every line she says.
And the actress really sucks, she always has the same face and squeals with the same unbearable duck voice. Awful.
>The way sex is depicted is ridiculous.
I could have understood Jessica jumping in Luke's bed after 30 seconds of knowing him
since she was an unstable person looking for quick pleasure (even though it's ridiculous how mudshark tumblrinas all around the web
claim those scenes are "a great example of character development through sex" or
"the proof that she's in control of her sexuality and she's such a strong woman", pfft...) but what really upset me in this 5th episode is
(continues)
>>
(part 2)
>Making also Trish a slut who bangs the first douche around
I mean, she was like the only likeable character from this show, and I liked her character in the comics.
There she MARRIED a military man because she was immature and childish and thought "war heruz lul"
, but then left him as he was a douche who didn't give a shit about her
and paired up with the Son of Satan who was a real badass while becoming a kickass hero herself.
She was depicted as really mature, cute and caring here so I thought "heck they nailed at least one character"
Why then, would they make her go through the same route here if she was presented as an already mature and likeable character,
in contrast with Jessica?
And why, I say, why, does she have to have sex with a randomic douche who almost killed her the day before?
Okay he wasn't in control but there's a fine line between not hating someone for killing you and letting him fuck you.
They say Kilgrave is able to mind control girls for sex, but heck, if they're all like Jessica and Trish
in this series' twisted universe, maybe he doesn't really need any power at all.
Seriously, if Jessica's giving her pussy to the first nigga around could've made sense, this totally nullified it.

And let's not even talk about Simpson the cop, he's not only an ex-soldier/cop, he's the most retarded of them all
to a point that Captain America almost feels likeable in comparison.
>>
(part 3/3)
The only decent character is Kilgrave, and I'm not even criticizing the SJW aspects of this show as it's not even needed,
but notice how a non-military/cop (SJWs have a strange respect for people in uniform I noticed) white male turns out to be the
psychopath, sexually weak evil guy who has to use powers to bang people, unlike Luke who's a cool big black hot guy omg.
Anyway, scenes with him are the most interesting ones and he at least helps creating some tension.

Right now I think all this series does is putting around random sexual shit for the sake of shock value (the incestuos creepy
twins, seriously?), and retarded critics and brainwashed reddittors praise it for it's "courage"
and "innovation" because, idk, they're so sexually frustrated that they want to see people banging everywhere?

Is it worth watching further or should I drop this shit and just watch Daredevil S2 and then The Defenders?
(Guess I'm gonna skip Luke
Cage too in case, since he's linked to this, and Iron Fist too perhaps).
>>
It got a lot of brownie points with reviewers cause of >female lead but it wasn't good at all. They stretched out a handful of episodes worth of content over a whole season, padded it out with unnecessary characters (the incest neighbours, the lesbian lawyer's divorce that ran on for too long). If you're not liking it, skip it. I'd say Luke Cage is better than JJ, but it also suffered from the same faults, although it had stronger characters which allowed some of the faults to be saved off. Iron Fist was worse, although Ward was a much better character than anyone on either JJ or LC. DD S1 was better than every other show though.
>>
>>86840852
>>86840825
>>86840784
Autism my man.
Also quit while you're ahead.
You probably won't like DDs2 or Luke Cage.
>>
I watched it solely for David Tennant's performance.

If you aren't enjoying it now, don't stay around. I regret staying around, maybe just watch all of David's scenes.
Luke Cage gets shit after around the 3rd or 4th episode.
Iron Fist is shit altogether, Daredevil season 2 is dogshit (Coming from a person who loved season 1)
And my friends tell me the Defenders is not worth watching, and I'd be better spent with my time masturbating than watching it.
>>
>>86841378
To be fair DDs2's first half is fucking gold. It isn't until Frank is out of the picture that shit turns into a fucking ninja orgy. That said, the one high point of s2B was Murdock vs Nobu
>>
I AM THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST
>>
File: 3b6.jpg (26KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
3b6.jpg
26KB, 427x240px
>>86841639
I SAM TEH IMORTAN DRAGONZ BALLP
>>
I thought it was really good but could use some editing. The Kilgrave A story is pure gold but they struggled to have interesting subplots.
>>
>>86840852
he doesn't need to use his powers to fuck women, he looks like david tennant, is always sharply dressed and has infinite money, he just does it because it's easier and probably hotter, he's unshackled male id
>>
File: DDBA defenders sxs.jpg (136KB, 1276x382px) Image search: [Google]
DDBA defenders sxs.jpg
136KB, 1276x382px
Daredevil
>Season 1: Godtier until the final episode when it goes full on Marvel mode and shits the bed
>Season 2: Godtier first half with Murdock vs Castle. Second half shits the bed HARD by focusing entirely on The Hand/Elektra
Jessica Jones
>When focused on Kilgrave (Tennant) it works amazingly. The moment it doesn't it's terrible
Luke Cage
>Cottonmouth arc was goat. Diamondback killed the momentum completely
Iron Fist
>super unlikable character with a cute as fuck waifu. All in all a terrible show
The Defenders
>Big team crossover event with almost no action, shit choreography for what action IS there
>cringe-inducing pep-talk dialogue/roles for secondary characters
>main antagonist who is built up yet does fucking nothing and dies in a shitty way,
>MC's constant dialogue reminding you "they aren't friends" and "dont trust each other" every. five. seconds,
>Jessica's smartass quips every other 5 seconds
>boring as fuck The hand is the main focus
The only thing Defenders did well was ending it in a way that makes it clear Daredevil S3 is adapting Born Again. Meaning Fisk (aka the greatest villain in MCU's history) is back as the primary antag
>>
>>86841378
>You probably won't like DDs2 or Luke Cage.
no one with taste would
>>
File: 1441743432059.jpg (68KB, 665x668px) Image search: [Google]
1441743432059.jpg
68KB, 665x668px
>>86840784
>Plus everyone was praising this show as the second coming of Christ

That has NEVER happened here. /tv/ shits on this all the time, all your points have been laid out before.
>>
File: sciencethinkingman.jpg (27KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
sciencethinkingman.jpg
27KB, 1024x576px
>Good show + The hand = bad show
>>
>>86840784
>Plus everyone was praising this show as the second coming of Christ,
Not really
>>
>>86842556
This summary is correct.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.