[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Fargo season 2 so fucking amazing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

Why is Fargo season 2 so fucking amazing?
>>
>>86828468
I want that coat, without the logos and symbols or whatever. Anyone know where 2 cop?
>>
I liked it a lot, but thoght the guy who played Lou was a boring fellow and a much worse actor than Keith Carradine
>>
>>86828523
>Where to cop

The cop shop
>>
>>86828541
Really? I thought he (Patrick Wilson) was one of the best parts of it.

His ending monologue about Vietnam was excellent. That and every scene with him and Jeffrey Donovan.
>>
>>86828468
For a start the two dudes in the image you posted are some of the reasons its so good.

Ted is lovable and Patrick is as per usual Hollywood's best average joe/every man. The rest of the cast is also great and more importantly the season itself doesn't try to compete with or copy season 1. It just tells a new story in that same world.
>>
>>86828592
He seems to melike the most boring personon Earth

That was appropriate because it made the excentric extras cooler, but it mae me sad because Lou was a cool dude in S1
>>
>>86828687
Was he though? In S1 he was an old guy who cared about his family. In S2 he was a younger guy who cared about his family. He just cared about justice more when he was younger.
>>
>>86828468
S2 > S3 > S1
The entire cast is great, Season 2 has the best balance between likable and unlikeable characters. The plotting seems less contrived than the other two seasons - there's so much going on with the characters that their relationships & conflicts pretty much drive the whole season.
>>
>>86828468
I think is the worst season.

Still good, but worse.
>>
Daddy Wilson.
>>
>>86828931
>The entire cast is great

This is the biggest driving force really
>>
>>86828468
Is it really that good, i keep seeing it shilled on /tv/, but i wasnt THAT much of a big fan of the movie in first place

True Detective is my all time favorite TV show, how much will i like Fargo?
>>
>>86828687
Dude went to the Gerhardt's ranch and bitched them up while the cop whose actual jurisdiction it was stood there just about pissing himself. Young Lou was even more badass than Old Lou. Both Lou's are just men of few words though and S1 Lou was just a supporting character instead of lead so it didn't seem as noticeable. Young Lou honestly felt like more of the classic laconic cowboy in S2 to me and I thought that played very well with/against the season's dynamic.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.
>>
twin peaks: the return > fargo
>>
>>86829274
It's genuine kino
>>
File: IMG_0476.gif (1MB, 450x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0476.gif
1MB, 450x224px
>>86828468
Because the season 2 were able to take off its ground to become its own ... How was season 3 anyway. I haven't gotten any chance to check it yet ???
>>
>>86829609
It's the weakest season, but still pretty good
>>
70s were so comfy and it had tons of interesting characters like Milligan, Hanze, Bear, the drunkard lawyer.

And the chemistry between Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons were so great. No wonder they started dating in real life after the show.

And the story was multi-layered. It was exactly the opposite of season 3. Season 3's plot was boring. Too few characters and half of them were forgettable.

And cultura references were nice. Ufos, Indians, Reagan, existentialism. Great season. Fargo is not even a top 10 show for me but season 2 might by my favorite season of any show ever. Maybe except the 3rd season of The Wire.
>>
File: Stuhlbarg Boardwalk.jpg (154KB, 1240x775px) Image search: [Google]
Stuhlbarg Boardwalk.jpg
154KB, 1240x775px
>>86829609
I don't think it was as strong as the first 2 but it was still very enjoyable none the less.

Supporting cast are all top notch yet again. Michael Stuhlbarg was the underrated MVP of the season with David Thewlis just behind him.
>>
File: IMG_5819.jpg (25KB, 340x485px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5819.jpg
25KB, 340x485px
>>
2 is my favorite as well. Varga and Obi Wan aren't enough to save season 3
>>
It was good until the final two episodes where things fall apart. That "Hanzee is actually the mob boss who gets comically killed off by Malvo in season 1" is one of biggest asspulls in TV writing I've ever witnessed.
>>
>>86829274
S1 is pretty good but S2 is completely awful trash that only hipster faggots like. Probably a bunch of leftypol cucks ITT
>>
>>86829928
>People are still getting autistic about that even though it was just a tiny little reference
>>
>>86829973
It completely undermines Hanzees character development. It is simply sloppy writing. I'd like to see you prove otherwise instead of resorting to ad hominem
>>
>>86830092
hanzee had character development?
>>
>>86830157
Get a load of the brick head.

Yes, they were subtle but it was there. My favorite part is when he wanted Maty Jane to cut his hair so he could change his identity and quit gang life
>>
>>86830221
wow what an arc
>>
>>86828731
Yeah, but Keith Carradine has charisma
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.