[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the best Marvel show on Netflix? >Not afraid to give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (91KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 625x352px
Was this the best Marvel show on Netflix?
>Not afraid to give in to the cheesiness
>No ninja nonsense
>Best soundtrack
>Well developed villains
>Luke is actually interesting compared to how he was in JJ and Defenders
>>
File: Akko.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Akko.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Little Witch Academia, but you have to pretend it is marvel.
>>
>niggers on TV
Yeah, how about no
>>
>>86828289
Daredevil S1 > Punisher part of Daredevil S2 > Luke Cage Pre-Diamondback > Jessica Jones > Defenders > Post-Punisher Daredevil S2 > Post-Cottonmouth Luke Cage
>>
I loved the pulpy, blaxploitation vibe Luke Cage had, it was fun. It's a shame that they killed Cottonmouth half way through though.
>>
>>86828620
I started with Jessia Jones and I think it fell apart when the girl an hero'd after Jessica spent 8 episodes trying to save her.

I'm only on ep 5 of Daredevil. Pilot was crap, but second ep was much better.
>>
>>86828743
Take a shot every time Jessica says goddammit
>>
>Doesn't want any public attention
>Never wears a mask, tells everyone his name, and openly threatens gangsters
>>
>>86828620
Where would you put Iron Fist? I mostly agree with those rankings
>>
Daredevil > Luke cage >Daredevil 2 >Defenders >Iron fist > Jessica Jones >The Flash

The factual list of Marvel netflix tv shows.
>>
>>86828338
I'm ashamed at how much I enjoyed this gay bullshit.
>>
Cottonmouth was the only good thing about it
>>
Cottonmouth's laugh made the show for me
>>
>>86830169
>The Flash
Anon, I...
>>
>>86830169
>the flash
>marvel
>the flash
>netflix
JJ is better than iron fist too
>>
>>86828743

That's what I like about the Marvel shows sometimes though. How hopeless everything always is. How bitter
>>
>>86830361
>>86830282
C O R N E L L
S T O K E S
>>
Why was Jessica Jones never barefoot in her show?
>>
Jessica Jones>Daredevil (both seasons)>Luke Cage=Defenders>Iron Fist
>>
>>86828289
>Dicks around for 4 episodes before he decides to do the plot.
>entire plot is nothing can hurt him

I mean, if you like big black mary sues, I guess it was good.
>>
>>86830512
You don't wanna know
>>
File: DDBA.jpg (63KB, 640x393px) Image search: [Google]
DDBA.jpg
63KB, 640x393px
>>86828620
>tfw the ending of The Defenders outright stated that Daredevil S3 will adapt Born Again
Get fucking hype bros
>>
>>86830626
At least for the first half, then we get special Luke Cage bullets and Diamondback
>>
>>86828743
the entire punisher part of season 2 is really really good
>>
File: image.png (326KB, 903x713px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
326KB, 903x713px
>Yfw Punisher and Nuke team up
>>
Why this is so terrible?
Daredevil at the beginning were promising realistic take. But then that costume and it went straight to retarded camp.
And then it keeps jumping from realistic serous tone to children cartoon comedy.
Defenders were insufferable
>its bad to kill people!
>villain walks in alone and does dumb speech - everyone just listens and refuses
>Jess rams villain, walks out of car and instead finish things off walks to retarded trio to do a cool pose.
Seriously. I'm watching this drivel only for eventual punisher, but i'm afraid they make him a joke too.
>>
I watched the other shows but not Luke cage (because it's about black people, yuck) did i miss anything?
>>
>>86828620
pretty good
>>
>>86831170
(You)
>>
>>86831107
Daredevil S1 is godtier UNTIL the final episode of the season completely shits the bed.
>set up the realistic, gritty world
>villain is fleshed out and understandable
>builds to a peak
>final episode goes full Marvel for no apparent reason with costumed DD kungfu fighting Kingpin and quickly ending it
It's fucking jarring how bad the last episode was. Like they were left alone for the entirety of the season and the finale was when the studio decided to take control. At least it wasn't as big of a letdown as S2, which had a godtier first half and a lazy, ninja-filled second. Don't even get me started on The Defenders... Never have a seen a capeshit company approach a big cross-show teamup with so little fucking action. Especially when the lead hero (Murdock) is known for being in a show with criminally underrated fight choreography. But nope. Just Kristen Ritter making smartass comments and expository dialogue reminding us over and over and over that these guys are NOT friends and do NOT trust each other. Also, the secondary characters' dialogue/roles are fucking cringe inducing

calle
>>
>>86828289
Definitely cuck kino that's for sure.
Nothing more satisfying than watching a muscular, superior black man spill his seed in jewess's wombs
>>
>>86828289
>Well developed villains
>plural

Cottonmouth was the shit, but the "big bad" almost ruined the show for me.
>>
Anyone else think Iron Fist has a fun dynamic going on? I've only started, but the show is FUN. I don't care about action.
>>
>>86831107
I like that they spent time building up to his costume. Every time he went out prowling his outfit evolves piece by piece.
As a bonus they make fun of it in defenders, so its aware of how goofy it is.
>>
>>86831638
Not really. I found it a slog to get through.
It started well enough, I liked when he was hanging out with bums. But once the main plot gets going I just didn't give a shit about anything.
>>
>>86831690
What? It was just casual black clothing and a rag. And then BAM standard cartoonish hero clothes.
>>
>>86831589
Luke only dicked black chicks in his show
>>
>>86831787
Little things like the rope bindings around his forearm, or picking up the billy clubs.
>>
>>86831620
>Shades
>Black Mariah
>>
>>86831900
I thought he banged Jessica Jones though?
>>
>>86831638
It starts out cheesy, then starts to get bloody and gritty around episode 5
>>
>>86831965
That was in Jessica's show so it doesn't count
>>
I liked Iron Fist and Jessica Jones
>>
>>86832039
Either way, Luke Cage is /ourbull/
>>
Erik la rey Harvey is a great actor, I don't think people understood the over the top vibe they were going for with Diamondback

too much tonal clash with cottonmouth's character, who was phenomenal and almost seemed like he should have been in daredevil season 1
>>
Name one thing that Cottonmouth did wrong
>>
>I need a mask to protect my private life and people who close to me
>Literal nobody without any friends family or a lover, or at least meaningful job
>World already full of special people so nobody would care about another retard fisting petty criminal and jumping roofs.
The retardation.
>>
>>86831952
I withdraw. I still think the main villain was a turd, though.
>>
Sometimes I think capeshit like this is held back by the premise of it being capeshit.

Alexandra is a prime example of this. She's cast as the "villain" so she has to be menacing and badass. Except that's not really the point of her character. She is badass in that we see Madame Gao brought to heel, and she's pulling Elektra's leash. But the point of her is her regal bearing. She's an immortal queen who is staring death in the face.

So she goes around enjoying the finest things she can find. Private concerts with the New York Philharmonic. She buys out restaurants so she can dine on the finest food alone. She wears the best clothing and jewelry.

All the other fingers talk about going back to K'un Lun. But Alexandra clearly doesn't give a shit. She might want to, but its nothing next to living forever.

But no one really appreciates that because its capeshit and we want to see her fight people. It holds back the way the writers and the audience are going to approach the characters.
>>
>>86832181
I stopped watching after they feminismed his ass.
>>
>>86832414
*licks lips*
Nigga
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA&autoplay=1
>>
>>86832332
It has nothing to do with capeshit, it has to do with her being killed off so suddenly by a less enduring character
>>
>>86828453
>being this much of a tryhard faggot

kill yourself
>>
>>86832131
The problem wasn't the actor, it was just a lamely written character.
What was nice about the cottonmouth part is that he had a plan to dismantle (or at least disrupt) his operation and he's slowly working towards it covertly, meanwhile cottonmouth is beating the gras trying to drive luke cage out.
It's a good way to develop tension with black superman, without having to introduce super bullets and capeshit power suits that look like long johns over foam padding.
>>
>>86832332
You might have a point if Fisk wasn't written so well in DD S1
>>
>>86832507
Pretty much this. Its all bun, no hot dog. They build her up to be this imposing character and then just kind of toss her aside. They build up the hand as these mega-evil ninjas and then when they finally get together they're just jobbers that show up for a final fight to pad out the run time.
It is worth it to see Gao's obvious child stunt double get swatted across the room with a giant pipe though. I'm really torn on this series because there are parts I liked that worked really well, parts that fall apart like a loose turd, and then the unintentional comedy that show up here and there.
>>
>>86832850
>and then the unintentional comedy that show up here and there.
It seems more like they trying too hard to appear ironic and all "we're not serious here lol :). Its just capeshit lol :). Look how funny it is, we're totally ironic here lol :)"
Seems like they try to appeal to movie-going teenage crowd for no reason.
>>
>>86832516
>being this much of a race traitor
Nice try, jew but you're not going to fool me
>>
>>86832507

I don't get the Elektra hate. I mean, the first time I watched DD 2, she seemed weak, but on the second go around it was better. It just felt weak compared with the Punisher stuff. But its also an interesting pairing. Matt's argument to Frank was that people are good and could be redeemed. Elektra was marked for death several times over for being the Black Sky, and then she dies to save Matt.

My complaint about her in Defenders is that they wipe Elektra's mind and leave all the horrible bits that deserve death. Like there's no glimmer of that in her. But then maybe that's part of why Matt stayed behind.

Anyway, I don't see what everybody's issue is. Yeah, she's a ninja and its a big ninja storyline, but you're watching a show based on comic books. If you don't like that kind of thing, what the fuck are you even doing?

>>86832812
Fisk the one of the best characters in the MCU. And easily the best villain. He manages to be all of it and achieving something like that is a rare feat. I always prefer to temper my expectations going into a new season of something.

>>86832850
As crafty and long lived as these guys are, they depend on their ability to recover from death. And they are not used to fighting people with special abilities. I mean the Iron Fist has kept the entire Hand out of K'un Lun for millenia. Nevermind that, plus three other people with special powers.

That's why the Black Sky was always so important to them, but even that wasn't good enough.

It may have been a little anti climatic villain wise. The real tragedy is that they didn't have a few episodes delving into their backstories a little bit. Like White Hat. I would trade a blow it out of the water climax for more character stuff.

Still a solid series though.
>>
Was it ever explained what the Black Sky even is?
>>
>>86833305

No one ever sits down to do it. They just call the Black Sky "the weapon of the Hand." In much the same way the Iron Fist is the "weapon of K'un Lun." She was probably meant to kill the Iron Fist at the pass and lead the Hand to the city, but naturally Danny was in New York instead.
>>
Everyone forgetting Marvel's Agents of Shield? It reinvented itself enough times, the characters grew and genuinely experienced things. Baddies were fought, god guys won, good guys also lost and were tested.

And that episode with Gemma on the alien planet is fantastic.
>>
>>86833305
Alexandra had a baby that died and she tried to bring it back from the dead (what drove her to talk the other four into trying to over throw kun lun in the first place). Alexandra believes an empty vessel brought back to life would be her child's soul, or whatever.
Alternatively: the hand's answer to the immortal iron fist.
>>
>>86830231
you would like my little pony also, but your a dumbfuck follower
>>
>>86833400
Its capeshit that isn't really capeshit. It lacks most of the associated bullshit so i for one try to not mingle it with netflix joke series.
Though Hydra resolution was very close to jumping shark.
>>
>>86833400
>Watching after Ward goes Hydra
Nah
>>
>>86833184
>they depend on their ability to recover from death.
All the more reason to have them doubling down and acting like cornered animals.
And dont forget that one dude gets killed Asian McTagalong. Not even a real defender.
It really feels like sigouney weaver took the rest of the production budget with her and they decided to just slap on the laziest ending.
Not that it is less cliche, but the members of the hand should have lined up somewhat with the defenders themselves. You need the big juggernaut motherfucker to tie up luke while the ninja guy goes after daredevil.
I liked it, but its just got a really weedy resolution to a pretty good buildup.
>>
>>86828620
I 100% agree with this statement.
>>
>>86832996
No. I mean real unintentional comedy. Like the super dramatic scene where rosario comforts the asian girl in the sidecharacter office.
And later when she tells rosario that YOU'RE THE GLUE THAT BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER! With tears and snot all over her face.
Or when they're trying to convince luke cage why domestic terrorism is okay in this one particular instance.
When Black Ladycop is in the hospital and asian lady is telling her its going to be okay because its a really good hospital, and we will get you a clone arm, or a hilarious robot arm so you can have something to do next season.
Or when froggy and girl react when matt doesn't come back. They both look in the camera and cry because their show is going to be cancelled.
I mean it's fucking hilariously bad. Especially that asian girl, I don't remember her being that bad in iron fist (she was a high point) but holy shit every time she was on screen I was losing my shit at her haming it up as hard as she possibly could.
>>
>>86834229
I guess (you) are the ironic crowd. I'm sure they will appeal more to in future.
>>
>>86834446
>ironic crowd
Bitch, I'm post-post ironic. Get on my level.
>>
>>86834991
How many layers?
>>
I AM THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST
>>
>>86828289
*smacks lips*
>>
A female show is more ground breaking than an African-American lead show. So Jessica Jones is better.
>>
>>86836321
>can force people to do whatever you want.
>use it for street mugging and petty crimes.
>>
WE WUZ SUPERHEROES N SHIEEEEET
>>
>>86833925

Fair enough. I think I'll always expect more out of the regular shows rather than the team ups. Its like the first Avengers movie. It was really cool to see and has a lot of "fuck yeah!" moments. But overall quality is still below stuff like Iron Man and Cap 2. Its a focused story without juggling plot threads from a five other movies.

I've liked pretty much all the Marvel Netflix stuff though. Balances comic book stuff with that real world feel. I wish all Marvel movies were more like this. Keep it coming. Punisher next. DD 3, JJ 2, etc. I hope there's a Heroes for Hire down the line as well.
>>
I AM THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST
>>
>>86833072
>Literal edge master extreme

MOM'S GONNA FREAK
>>
>>86828289

Was great until Cottonmouth died, second half was noticeably lower quality. Same as every Netflix show.
>>
>>86837383
shut up Danny, you can't do shit with your glowing fist
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.