[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /tv/'s thoughts on the conjuring universe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: The_Conjuring_Universe.jpg (17KB, 421x248px) Image search: [Google]
The_Conjuring_Universe.jpg
17KB, 421x248px
What are /tv/'s thoughts on the conjuring universe?
>>
*breathes in*

STOP THINKING ABOUT "UNIVERSES"

TOLKIEN UNIVERSE
MARVEL UNIVERSE
ALIEN UNIVERSE WITH OR WITHOUT ALIEN 3 HURR
STAR WARS UNIVERSE DURR RUINED BY PREQUELS DERP

JESUS CHRIST YOU FAGS

STOP BEING SUCH HORRIBLE ESCAPIST CUNT

THINK OF THE STORY, THINK OF WHERE IT LEADS TO, ON THE CATHARSIS, THE EPIPHANY, THE MENTAL WEALTH, YOU CAN IGNORE ANYTHING THAT YOU LIKE AND PAY ATTENTION TO ANYTHING THAT YOU LIKE

THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT

YOU ARE GIVING THESE JEWS MONEY JUST SO THAT THEY CAN PUT YOU IN ANOTHER "UNIVERSE"

THAT SHIT AIN'T ANOTHER UNIVERSE, THOSE GUYS ARE SWIMMING IN MONEY AND YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT A FICTIONAL CONTINENT

HONESTLY, BE A FUNDAMENTALIST CREATIONIST FAGGOT, BELIEVE IN FAIRIES, WATCH ANCIENT ALIENS AND IT WILL STILL BE MORE HEALTHY TO YOU THAN THINKING OF MOVIE, BOOK AND COMIC BOOK UNIVERSES

YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN MLP FAGGOTS

WHY CAN'T YOU BE GODDAMN NORMAL? FUCK YOU MANCHILDREN, GROW UP
>>
>>86820602
All I read is 'WAHHHHH STOP BELIEVING IN SOMETHING i DON'T AGREE WITH!!!!!!'. Maybe you're the manchild who should grow up and stop caring so much what people talk about when it has no effect on you whatsoever.
>>
>>86819819

It sucks. The Conjuring itself was uninspired and took the best parts from Amityville Horror, The Exorcist and such. Don't get me wrong, it as okay, but it's the kind of horror movie that only gets praised by people that watch horror once or twice a year. Real horror fans know that this movie was okay, but super unoriginal. I never bothered with the Annabelle shit because I don't even care. I heard the first movie sucked and that the new sequel is just okay. Life is too short to waste it on bullshit like Annabelle. So overall, fuck The Conjuring. Couldn't think of a less necessary 'universe.'
>>
>>86820602
There's nothing wrong with expansive storytelling.
>>
Watched Conjuring 2 yesterday and it was literally horrible. Worst than the first one.
>>
>>86821403
>took the best parts from Amityville Horror, The Exorcist and such
It's based on a true story anon, it took the parts from that story
>>
>>86820602
>this level of sheer autism
truly amazing
>>
>>86821524

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was based on a 'true story', too. I don't give a fuck if it's based off 'real' events or not. They're not real, by the way. All I'm saying is the inspiration from older (and better) horror movies is clearly there. It comes off as uninspired, bland and predictable. Fuck Annabelle, too. I bet she'll get up and start killing like Chucky in Annabelle 3. I mean, why even bother at this point?
>>
>>86821524
"based on" is a pretty fucking broad term. The Warren's have a long history of running this scam.
>>
So there's Conjuring 1 and 2 and now there's Annabelle 1 and 2? This universe has found a way to shit out 4 movies all of whom must have been immensely profitable....

Movies were a mistake.
>>
>>86821644
Why do you watch them then, bitter-kun?
>>
>>86821692

I don't. If you actually read my post, you'd know I only watched the first Conjuring. I'm sure 2 and the Annabelle movies are no better.
>>
>>86821732
What's it like being so far into the Reddit superiority complex (read: 4chan contrarian mindset, as the two are one and the same) that you can't enjoy things anymore? Kill yourself.
>>
>>86821910

The fuck are you on about? Are you Wan himself? Where did I say I can't enjoy things anymore? All I said was life is too short to waste it on mediocre films like Annabelle. Are you really such a Conjuring universeā„¢ fan that you're willing to tell others to kill themselves because they dislike what you like? What's it like being so far up your own ass?
>>
File: disbelief.png (319KB, 639x530px) Image search: [Google]
disbelief.png
319KB, 639x530px
>>86819819
>it's another movie where all the characters make horribly bad decisions and barely survive a demon, but it's a "true story" so they get better reviews and make a lot of money
>>
>>86821682
this
>>
>>86821644
Well the warrens stories are "real" and that is what it's based on, which is entirely different to the way TCM is based on a true story.

>>86821655
It's a scam, but they still have the stories and cases, which is what the films adapt.

Although the conjuring 2 took huge liberties with the story, and only about 5% of it is accurate to what "really happened"
>>
>>86819819
I like Insidious lot more honestly, none of the movies are particularly scary but Insidious has really great atmosphere to it, something straight from horror pulp comics from 70s/80s, I could see the first movie being a chapter in Sandman.
Wan talked about taking the Crooked Man to a different direction possibly, not straight horror, so that might be cool. Would work great as Karmpus/Gremlins type horror comedy.
>>
>>86819819
legit never heard of it
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.