[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Moral Orel /tv/ approved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: MoralOrelTitle.jpg (8KB, 307x230px) Image search: [Google]
MoralOrelTitle.jpg
8KB, 307x230px
Is Moral Orel /tv/ approved?
>>
Absolutely, very unique style and properly dark without trying to be too edgy
>>
Yea it's great. This is what dark adult cartoons should be. It's actually edgy, not just trying to be. And even with that, it's edginess is not what drives it. The show has a lot to say and at its best it's really powerful, at its worst it's fun.
>>
The emotional payoff in the third season more than makes up for the one-dimensional humor that drags on during most of the first two seasons. It's one of those shows that receives near universal praise on 4chan because the only people who still want to talk about it are the people who love it.

It's a show that in some respects is a product of its time. It came out kind of at the height of "the Bush years" when The Daily Show was held in high regard, Jesus Camp set the tone of the public debate over religion, Zeitgeist had come out further playing into the pervading sense that everyone was smarter than their leaders and the vanguard of pop culture revolved around being an elitist disillusioned freethinker, disgusted by his country and the supposed glassy-eyed, corn-syrup chugging, superstitious & backwards hicks that populated it.

Moral Orel both played into this spirit and subverted it. The first two seasons with its relentless parody of christian fundamentalism was a reflection of a good deal of the prevailing 'counter' culture of the time, and this aspect of the show has undoubtedly held up the least, hardly anybody would care to remember the show today if it ended after the second season. It was the way the show transitioned these panglossian cut-outs and turn them into fully fledged characters and get you to invest emotionally in them that made the show so enduring.
>>
>>86801221
FEDORA TIPPING BURRP THERE IS NO GOD MORTY

>>86801259
WITHOUT?
>>
File: 401684.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
401684.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
>>86802203
Say that to my face and see what happens!
>>
>>86801221
Meh. Not very funny or memorable.
>>
>>86802387
FRANKENHOLE WAS BETTER DINO
>>
One of my top 3 favorite AS shows.
>>
>>86802468
frankenhole was pretty funny, but doesn't have the existential crisis dramedy that orel had
>>
>>
>>86801221
>/tv/ approved

LMOA
>>
>>86802114
This is an incredibly well thought out an accurate post, thanks for this
>>
>>86801221
Yes. It's fantastic.

Clay is a phenomenal character.

>this fucking scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEzEifQdbfQ
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.