[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong and how can we not make the same mistakes he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What went wrong and how can we not make the same mistakes he made?

and more specifically, how the hell did the FBI find the server's IP?
>>
>>86794869
By not engaging in illegal activity you degenerate
>>
>>86794948
fuck off
>>
I'm genuinely interested in knowing what the sentence would have been had he not ordered a hit on several people.
>>
>>86794869
>how can we not make the same mistakes he made?

what are you talking about?
>>
>>86794967
Your getting reported to the FBI kiddo enjoy you're time in the clink
>>
>>86794869
I read that his real ip address leaked when he logged in to silk road using captcha for verification.
You could fix that using a tor browser with javascript turned off. The fbi was monitoring silk road and recording any network they could get.
Tor could also be backdoored.
>>
>>86795138
I just saw the documentary, and the FBI found the silk road's server by using a sniffer. they didn't find his IP address first. it was later when they requested the data from the Icelandic company that hosted the server.

>>86795123
Silk Road was an amazing site dude, we need something solidl like that
>>
Every ip is able to be traced. All the fbi has to do is figure out what country the person is in and monitor the nodes of ips who “disappear,” then its just a matter of matching up the exit nodes with the activity.

Its really not as secure as you think. Im sure they have it all backdoored by now too. Anonymity on the internet doesnt really exist anymore.
>>
>>86795304
so have you seen the documentary and they lie in the way they say they caught him? it seems rather odd that you would use a nickname you use in the usual internet as the admin name on a dark web server.
>>
>>86795588
I havent watched the documentary but know about silk road.

Humans make mistakes. You use a ip address that is given by a company that purchased said ips, masking/spoofing/hiding your ip doesnt make you anonymous if the people looking for you “sniff” your area out.

Encryption is a safer bet over something like silk road. Create a “site” like silk road, and only certain members have access to the keys to unlock encrypted content. Cracking that would be way harder than trying to find a guy who wants to pay a hitman online.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.