[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Westworld

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 57f5f86b6a860.jpg (767KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
57f5f86b6a860.jpg
767KB, 1920x1080px
Okay, I just started watching this and there is a SINGLE THING that EXTREMELY bothers me.

Why can't guests be defeated in any way?
What's the point of the sheriff, being a baddie yourself, or the baddies themselves if you can tank all the bullets? Even if later on they supossedly hurt, they still dont put you out. You wouldnt even have to make them hurt, just make them put you out for the day or something?
Whats the point of ANYTHING AT ALL in the Westworld project if you cant lose by any means?
When they present the indians, what if you attack them and they hit an arrow on you? Arw the guests just alright with the arrow bouncing off? Wouldnt a firefight be more thrilling if you actually lose something getting "mortally wounded"?.
The firefight could even go on and you are simply ignored by every host, so you can make your way out, maybe you can chill in some starting place for a while until next cycle?
All just falls appart if you have 0 penalty for getting shot, everything the Man in black has been doing is retarded.
>>
>>86788962

It's a shit show, anon. Just turn your brain off.
>>
>>86789010
No. I mean, in the show they work around the fact that it's like that. Guests powergame it, and hosts are powerless about it. The creators of the Westworld seem pissed about if in the series. It's just, why would they design the series concept of the Westworld like that to start off with? I understand that in the old movie you could go to jail for a good while, that implies that at least the law enforcement can do something to you if you don't comply?
Like... Shooting you and you get tagged out.

The show makes perfect sense about the matter, I just don't understand why they chose it to be like that.
>>
Know I took the bait but I am still trying to explain my point of view in case anyone is up for discussion about it. Regardless of the personal opinion on the show.
>>
Westworld is for fucking 'tutes and killing 'tutes
>>
>>86789165
Yes, the show seemed to go with "just do what you want lmao" but still it makes no sense that the guests buy the bullet invincibility meme.
>>
It is an amusement park. Can't have the rides hurt or kill the guests.
>>
Your point is valid, and in fact that is the entire goal for the Man in Black.

He himself thinks its shitty because there is no risk, he cant get hurt He actually hopes to find some pain in Westworld, but it never comes.

Until the finale that is.
>>
>>86789232
But they DO have hurting rides. It makes no sense because you could have a guest "dying" if he got "shot" (Just painlessly laser tagged). But thats too far off, actual fistfights and whore slapping guests arent?
>>
>>86789264
Yeah, I guess the MIB is us. Thats why I said the show understands this and works with it. I am just asking why they made it like this in the first place, OOCly. The MIB I guess is a good way of representing all of this.
>>
Annoying.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.