[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reddit and memes aside, what is your honest opinion on Adult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 30

File: Vlcsnap-2015-01-31-04h33m02s175.png (768KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2015-01-31-04h33m02s175.png
768KB, 1920x1080px
Reddit and memes aside, what is your honest opinion on Adult Swim's Rick and Morty /tv/?
>>
File: Hank being lured downwards.jpg (179KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
Hank being lured downwards.jpg
179KB, 768x960px
>>86785030
Honestly haven't watched the newest episodes but I like it alright. It's a poor man's Venture Bros. but hey quartz is still pretty even though diamonds exist.
>>
I saw the first season and I only chuckled a few times. It's pretty meh
>>
i think its reddit and memey
>>
big bang theory for people that make fun of big bang theory
>>
File: 1500660763793.jpg (89KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1500660763793.jpg
89KB, 612x612px
>>86785030
I like it. I'm not a fan of the drama but once in a while the jokes really get me. Great voice acting performances especially the parents. Sometimes the scifi ideas are fun but usually they're just kind of there. Maybe not the most well rounded show. I must admit that knowing people on /tv/ hate it makes me like it all the more.
>>
It's enjoyable at best.

a lot of it can get annoying and it's philosophy 101 style humor can come off as trying to hard but I still watch it.

It's attempt to be a meme machine is also cringe worthy but i blame the fans more for embracing it than the show.

show=good
fans=bad
>>
File: 1503341376854.png (1MB, 745x746px) Image search: [Google]
1503341376854.png
1MB, 745x746px
i love it and fuck everyone who think they are to good for it just because it went mainstream early

u can also enjoy things plebs like assholes until they start writing for plebs only ill keep enjoying it FUCK U HIPSTER FAGGOTS
>>
I honestly enjoyed the first 2 seasons as well as the last episode. The reddit aspect is a bit exaggerated on here. The LOL SO RANDOM humor is in barely 20% of all gags and the nihilistic bullshit isn't even that redundant or annoying.
>>
>>86785293
>u can also enjoy things plebs like assholes until they start writing for plebs
I didn't like it before it went mainstream. its humor just never really was my thing.
>>
>>86785030
Was pretty disappointed after people telling me it was good.
Someone said it was a bit shit and then some guy goes quietly to me "someone of your intelligence would get it" or something like that (bearing in mind I am not really smart at all).
Then when watching it I could see how it's meant to appeal to the "I'm so clever but misunderstood and also really smug" crowd.
It is packed with edginess and randomness and obvious references, and on the whole it is not very enjoyable, just ok.
It is definitely reddit: the show.
>>
>>86785030
>Reddit
>>
Just boring. None of the characters are funny or insightful, they just have their moments. I don't know what i'm supposed to be getting out of it. Watching whole episodes just for a single decent joke or line of dialogue gets tedious, fast.
Who is this for? Kids? They don't give a fuck about the prevalent failed marriage theme. Middle aged men? Those that find burps entertaining certainly don't watch cartoons.
>>
I watched every episode and never laughed once.
>>
A little backstory: I grew up in the middle of nowhere - Hicksville, USA. Trump voting, Bible thumping, homophobic, transphobic, you name it. I always felt like an outcast there: I'm a bonafide Bernie-Sanders supporting, athiest engineering major (because I actually want a job). How did my personality go down with my friends and family while growing up? Yeah, you can imagine. Constant arguments, threats of disowning and minimal contact except for the occasional tense phone-call once I got the fuck outta that town.

Then I discovered a show called Rick and Morty. Rick became my low-key hero - the perfect combination of a badass, take-no-bullshit attitude, science and nihilism. I finally saw my background as a Rick growing up among a town of Jerry's. More importantly, Rick taught me the subtle art of Not Giving a Fuck. It's turned my life around. I don't take bullshit from my parents or childhood friends or anyone anymore, no longer do I sit in an angry silence when they display their bigotry or ignorance. After my dad's latest tirade at a family event I just flipped him the bird and split. I feel liberated, and all because of one random, irreverent cartoon.

So I guess all I can say is - WUBALUBADUBDUB!!
>>
>>86785030
It's enjoyable.
But it's not something that I mark on my calendar as a thing I absolutely need to watch.
>>
File: 471516752.jpg (130KB, 509x339px) Image search: [Google]
471516752.jpg
130KB, 509x339px
>>86785030
>Reddit aside
Ohoho... No. We're talking about how stupid the themes are.
>Uurp GOD ISNT REAL MORTY
>I LOVE SCIENCE SO FUCKING MUCH
>NIHILISM *Uuuurp* is the only answer Morty
>>
has its moments but animated comedies were never my cup of tea

t. saw a few episodes with a friend
>>
First season was good and showed a lot of potential but the second season dropped the ball IMO and never rose above the expectations set by the first, plus it had a higher number of bad episodes than the first season. So far this season hasn't been awful but it hasn't shown any signs of improvement either.
>>
File: xavier renegade.jpg (230KB, 1402x736px) Image search: [Google]
xavier renegade.jpg
230KB, 1402x736px
>>86785030

season 1 and 2 are decent but the family guy tier "humor" ruins everything. Xavier Renegade Angel is superior.
>>
>>86785861
Now make one with Brock Sampson as the Chad
>>
I just watched this and I spent the entire episode repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy quirky drunk scientist lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place.
>>
>>86785921
your sectarian conditioning is preventing you from enjoying something perfectly decent

I pity you and all the other hipsters in denial on this board
>>
>>86785030
1st season: 9/10
2nd season: 7/10
3rd season: 5/10

Everyone out here blaming the female writers and maybe they're partly to blame but to me it looks like it's just following the trajectory of the show. Face it, Dan Harmon's shit always gets worse as more time goes on.
>>
>>86785030
Never watched it and never will. Looks too memey/redditey for my taste. It seems that only the "I'm clever and also smug/sarcastic/ironic as fuck" crowd enjoys it.
>>
>>86785030
It's an okay Sunday show, but it's just as shitty as all the adult swim shows.

The only thing on adult swim that honestly makes me laugh is aqua teen hunger force and Mike Tyson mysteries.

Mike Tyson mysteries is a gem. Easily my favorite animated show of the last decade.
>>
>>86785970
Go suck a dick.
>>
>>86785030
I watched the first few episodes and didn't think it was funny so I stopped
>>
>>86785696
Daily reminder that rick never said "GOD ISNT REAL MORTY"
>>
It's a fun show that can be pretty funny sometimes.
>>
there's good laughs
the fan/hatebase is pure cancer though
>>
>>86785992
>Dan Harmon's shit always gets worse as more time goes on.

People don't even remember what he did to the Sarah Silverman Program.
>>
File: 1503325160358.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503325160358.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>86785030
Sometimes good, sometimes bad.
>>
pretty bad
>>86785152
this is a perfect descripton
>>
>>86785648
this has to be copypasta
>>
It's okay, probably only ever laughed once at it.
New seasons are garbage, though.
>>
File: Simpsons56.png (448KB, 465x431px) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons56.png
448KB, 465x431px
>>86785030
I like every season, and almost every episode. I think it's a great show. One of the best that's currently in production. Also love to post my genuine opinions on /tv/ about R&M so I can watch autistic faggots flip their shit over a cartoon.
>>
>>86785696
I don't understand why Rick is constantly burping if hes almost never actually drinking anything
>>
>>86785030
>what is your honest opinion
I'm just waiting for the wincest confirmed, until that it's a meh tier show.
>>
>>86785030
I think it's funny.
>>
>>86787798
he has intestinal issues, watch ep 5
>>
>>86785030
It's fine. It never gets me to really truly laugh but I often chuckle or smile at the jokes.
>>
it's still pretty good and i generally look forward to it being on and i hope justin is able to retain more creative control over his future projects which i look forward to as well. not really too distraught about it getting worse, that's the natural course of things i like (and things in general)
also i wanna fuck summer
>>
File: 1502081752148.jpg (1MB, 3000x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1502081752148.jpg
1MB, 3000x1875px
>>
File: Didn'tReadLOL.gif (3MB, 200x299px) Image search: [Google]
Didn'tReadLOL.gif
3MB, 200x299px
>>86788293
>>
Loved season one, season two was great even though it changed noticeably, and so far season three is pretty spotty. The latest ep was better, but I feel the character examinations take away from it. It feels wholly unnecessary for the characters to go on rants about what's wrong with the other as if they haven't made that clear throughout the series so far.
>>
>>86788293
Imagine being so buttblasted by a show that you make this
>>
I like it well enough but the cracks are starting to show. They need to decide what they want the show to be. All this surface level philosophy and family drama stuff should either be abandoned or dug into deeper.
>>
>>86785921
Bullshit.
Each episode is 20 minutes long retard
>>
>>86788293
haha communist faggot
>>
Don't like it. Find it highly-overrated.

Tried watching it a few times and the humor just isn't there.
>>
I enjoy the show. I think these rants the characters have been having about each other every single episode this season, framed as cutting emotional interrogation, are really lame. Not because of the content of the rants or the concept of the rants themselves, but because they're unearned. Earlier seasons would have Morty fucking explode on Rick about what he thought about him. It was fine and it gave the show a kind of gravitas that actually worked with the comedy due to the contrast and Morty's delivery of the speeches. These latest ones have been every single episode aside from the first and they're really transparent and just abrupt. We really haven't gotten any build up to these outbursts outside of the episodes they're in. The last one, with Jerry and Rick, would have worked pretty well if it hadn't been right after two previous episodes filled with them.
>>
>>86785104
Diamonds are a shit tier gemstone though, a literal turd (carbon) that has been polished up by the Jews for women to force men to buy. Get opals instead, the only kind of woman out there that wouldn't want one is a gold digger.
>>
>>86787270
never watched it. what exactly did he do? did he actually help it get better as it ran or did it get progressively worse?
>>
>>86785992
1st season: 9/10
2nd season: 7/10
3rd season: 5/10

t. guilty redditor
>>
File: Summer-Morty-Animatic.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Summer-Morty-Animatic.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>86785030
>>86788233
Hey guys, in the middle of staging my new Summer/Morty animation. What do you think so far? Obviously ignore the shitty drawings, it's just a rough way of staging out the scene and getting timings.
P.S. that one webm where she flashes her tits was by me.
>>
File: 1484543230344.png (63KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1484543230344.png
63KB, 454x453px
>>86790430
>>
>>86790472
Tried to watch season 3 and I didn't laugh a single time. I'm disappointed
>>
>>86790430
Thank god for that watermark, otherwise I might mistake it for Adult Swim's finished product.
>>
>>86790430
hot
>>
It's hit or miss.
>>
>>86791832
It's a thing that automatically get's added when i render animatics. It's a part of the process/
>>
>>86785030
Futurama with some family guy. About 5-6 really good episodes make it worth watching
>>
If you could turn yourself into a
Pickle
Would you?
>>
>>86785921
nice pasta faggot
>>
>>86785030
Yeah its a fun light-hearted show.

Compares favourably to any of the other "adult" cartoons.
>>
Best show on tv right now.

Only contrarians and low iq people would state otherwise.
>>
>>86785030
it's an intelligent show with a degenerate liberal bias
but it's usually entertaining and sometimes funny so I pirate it
>>
Triggers autismos so that makes it fun.

Decent-ish show. Children get to head up their ass with the nihilism and no god themes which really aren't that prevalent. While ignoring the old 90s-esque contraption whirley-gigs that made that era of television fun.
>>
>>86785030
I think it's funny, but I like it better as a series of separate stories like in the first season rather than the over arching story of season 2 and 3.
>>
File: IMG_1725.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1725.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>
>reddit and memey
it's hot garbage
>>
I feel the same way I did about Community. Season 1 was consistently good-great. Season 2 had some of the best episodes but also a lot of duds. Season 3 so far has a lot of duds and one great episode. The resemblance to Community is uncanny.
>>
File: the end of days.jpg (100KB, 776x473px) Image search: [Google]
the end of days.jpg
100KB, 776x473px
>>86785030
Judged unfairly by people who don't understand what a plot arc is and why things that happen in it are not always what they appear to be.

Y'know, like how /pol/ hates it because of the feminism episode and the Mr. Needful episode because they completely missed the point of both? The former has a teenage boy doing what an entire civilization of hyperadvanced feminists can't, and the latter has Rick making himself retarded just for the sake of his grand daughter, this fulfilling Needful's statement that using the microscope would let him see things beyond his comprehension.
>>
When i found it, I thought it was hilarious and watched through the whole first season. Then when I was bored and looking for stuff to watch, i decided to rewatch some episodes. I was looking for a good episode and realized that I didnt particularly like any of them, and it really wasnt as good or funny as i initially thought, just a bunch of cheap one off gags. Second season was even worse and I began t dislike it
>>
>>86794108
This list looks like a woman on tumblr made it.
>>
First season is good, by far my favorite. Second one upped the drama shit too much in my opinion and was the cause for all the rabid fanboys to think it is "2deep4u" and their clickbait videos of theories and over analyzing everything in the show.

Third season, while not being a drama fest like the second it's not as memorable as the first. Also Rick is now a demi God who can do anything he wants, including turning himself from an inanimate object to a killing machine in a matter of minutes.
>>
>>86788293
>Yes goy dislike everything in life, become miserable like me
>>
File: zog.jpg (69KB, 563x587px) Image search: [Google]
zog.jpg
69KB, 563x587px
>>86785696
>every time Rick is about to die, he prays
>every time Rick prays, he is saved by providence
>"Nihilism"
>>
File: 1496539122662.png (16KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1496539122662.png
16KB, 240x200px
You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.
>>
>>86794962
>the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest
Y'know I appreciate the fact you don't like the show, I get it, that's fine. But when you say shit like this it sounds like you haven't even really watched it to even make a judgement. I can think of one example off the top of my head, Rick Potion #9. The events of that episode directly influence the events in many later episodes and there is a distinct continuity between several episodes but not in others.

I mean, I'm sure you wouldn't care if I presented the idea that some episodes exist outside of normal continuity and don't necessarily follow the version of Rick that is considered the main character, usually referred to as C137.

There is the surface level of the show that appeals directly to the reddit meme audience yes. I will not contest that. There are also a lot of things in the show that are a little more abstract as well. Read between the lines and maybe you'll like the show more. It seems you've already made up your mind though.
>>
>>86785030
I prefer it when was just sci-fi adventure,
I hated the """comical"""" aspect of it
And season 3 is completely garbage, uncreative and even more unfunny
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 600x602px
It's gay
>>
>>86785030
reddit and memes
>>
>>86785030
First two seasons were fucking magnificent, third is HUGELY disappointing so far. I heard it was shit but figured people were just being faggots like usual, only shitting on it since the show got popular, but I just got around to watching them and they're awful. Other than the very first episode, I think I have literally laughed zero times.
>>
File: 1503468143760.jpg (1MB, 3000x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1503468143760.jpg
1MB, 3000x1875px
reddit
>>
>>86785145
lmfao XD nice one, have an upvote my good sir ↑
>>
Why does the art style/character design look so ugly?
>>
>>86798089
This mostly.

Put easily: Simpsons and Futurama have classic episodes you go back to see and quote all the time. They were fun and memorable.

Rick and morty s3 is only worth a few offhand youtube clips. The season premier was good but otherwise pretty tepid.

Big let down.
>>
>>86791832
kek
>>
>>86785030
>Reddit and memes aside,

impossible
>>
File: 1502816011440.jpg (71KB, 647x594px) Image search: [Google]
1502816011440.jpg
71KB, 647x594px
season 1 and 2 are hilarious. In season three their jokes fall flat, and inane sequences of gore that hold no emotional impact. It's like the characters of Rick and morty are already doing flanderization for their characters which are losing their previous quirks and subtle characteristics that made them act more consistently funny. It makes it worse when the plots are lackluster.
>>
>>86795314
I wholeheartedly concur. This board is incapable of grasping anything with any level of subtlety. That's why there's so many "Reddit & Memey!" posts, because that's what it appears to be as on the very surface level to a casual viewer lacking in both attention and understanding.

Rick is supposedly the biggest nihilist and atheist in the universe, yet when he's about to die he prays to god, and he repeatedly puts himself in danger to protect his family that he claims to be indifferent towards. His hypocritical, dual nature is the point of his character. Rick is basically bipolar disorder personified. The viewer is intended to be impressed by his technical feats, sure, but nearly every other aspect of his character is something to be reviled, and sometimes pitied.

And in S3E2, all /tv/ had to say about Summer was "YAAAS QUEEN! Girl power!", ignoring the fact that she wasn't supposed to be viewed as some feminist rolemodel in the episode. Her behavior was irrational and dangerous, and she was lashing out self destructively as a way to cope with her parent's divorce.
And the irony of the episode was that despite Summer rebelling against her parents, she ends up becoming them in the end, bringing home groceries while her boyfriend sits at home watching TV, an obvious parallel to Beth and Jerry.

/tv/ just looks at the show like babby's first nihilistic crisis, but to me the show is about finding meaning in a chaotic universe. With fart jokes.

I think Dan Harmon said it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de2grEPn7rg [Embed] [Embed]
>>
Pretty good, inventive, irreverent first season. Second season was just as good but began showing signs of Harmonism. Third season Harmonism has set in and is metastasizing.

It's not women writers. It's Harmon. He is a cancerous person. He can't have a good thing for more than 2 years. He has to subvert it. To completely change what it was, to surprise fans. He has a pathological need to make every character into a realistic person. And not a realistic person, but what Dan Harmon thinks is a realistic person. A ball of anxiety who secretly hates himself and everyone else. A soapbox for what he believes to be undeniable truths about the human condition. God, he literally self-inserted himself as Rick and his therapist as a therapist in the show. Then he had the therapist literally describe character flaws in Rick/Harmon. Fucking goddamn stupid faggot. I hate Dan Harmon so much.

Rick and Morty used to not give half a fuck about character development. They literally built in ways for the characters never to deal with the consequences. They destroyed their original universe in episode 5. And now we have a season long divorce plot where everyone has "come to terms with it in their own REALISTIC way".

I would love to see Roiland brutally murder Harmon and regain control of his show. Roiland is what made the show good.
>>
>>86798952
This is what I'm talking about. You fucking faggot writing paragraphs about comedy characters. This is what Harmon wants. This is what he created.

Rick isn't a tough nut to crack. It doesn't need any study. He's a tortured cynic struggling with morality.. He's Rust Cohle. An old archetype. Beth and Jerry aren't worth studying, they are a jaded couple struggling to cope with their mundane lives. They aren't worth paragraphs. They were juxtapositions to Rick. Morty was a 12 year old boy. Summer was a 17 year old girl. Now both these children characters SPIT UNDENIABLE TRUTHS like they are fucking Jung. They were good characters used to get laughs. Now they are fucking case studies for redditors to gossip about.

I'm going to murder Dan Harmon. Screencap this.
>>
>>86798952
I think maybe it just boils down to the fact that we're all so bitter about how things are marketed that the first impulse is to point out flaws in intentionally basic concepts meant to convey a greater point. When the commercials say things like "only a show this smart could be this stupid" it creates an image from the outside that repels people who could otherwise appreciate it for what it is. I've seen movie commercials that do the same thing, like whoever they hired to do it was completely out of touch with the target audience.

Rick's nihilism as a target for criticism is also strange because even his stupid nonsense catchphrase supposedly means "I'm in great pain please help me" in an alien bird language. Rick can't let anything matter to him, so he's a miserable vindictive alcoholic with very little regard for human life. The only moments he seems legitimately happy is when he's with his family.

Honestly you want to know why I think this season will go down as the worst one? The lack of Jerry as a ground. The slightly more inane side stories of Jerry interacting with characters gave the show a better sense of pacing. That's why Summer goes off the rails. That's why Beth is falling back into alcoholism. Without Jerry the whole family become legitimately worse people.
>>
The last two episodes have been enjoyable. I feel like Episodes 2 and 3 were the bad ones.

I seriously doubt Rick would have been so easily drugged, but they needed that to happen to advance the plot.
>>
It's a funny show, not sure why /tv/ has such a stick up its ass about it. I guess everyone needs something to give their life meaning.
>>
Never seen it. Cartoons are for children.
>>
>>86785030
i dont find any of their episodes funny except the meesee episode, which was awesome and creative and original

rest is just psych and philosphy 101 bullshit some dumb kids would find amazing
>>
>>86785030
I like the first two seasons and the first episode of season 3.

I think Pickle Rick was the last episode I saw. How are the episodes that came afterwards?
>>
>>86799835
>psych and philosophy 101

why do neckbeards say this about any realist philosophy? who do you think you're fooling?
>>
>>86799886
um no
just trivial 1st year college shit is what impressionable children find mind blowing
its pretty common knowledge at this point
>>
>>86788293

Every point there with the exception of "corporate complicity" are also 4chan traits.
>>
>>86800966
Even then, I would argue it's not even corporate complicity but more like manipulating corporations into doing something you want. Let's be honest: There's never going to be Rick and Morty Kid's Meal toys.
>>
>>86792160
I just watched the fifth episode from this season. It was bad. The Vindicators episode was good though.
>>
File: frog.jpg (55KB, 600x760px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
55KB, 600x760px
I like the show but i pretend i don't when i'm on here and sometimes post pickle rick threads
>>
It's one of adult swim's decent exclusive shows, which they've needed for a long long time.

Had a cousin who said Mr Pickles was better, so I'm under the impression he went mentally retarded at some point, which would explain why he works at Little Caesars and does nothing with his electrical license.
>>
>>86785030
It's an okay show to be honest, I just dislike the retards claiming that is the second coming of jesus christ, thinking that they are some cultural/intelectual elite for liking this show
Good, but not that good
>>
>>86802228
Mr Pickles has its moments, like the drug dealer that morphs into different racial stereotypes as he speaks, with a changing accent to match.
>>
>>86798952
>she ends up becoming them in the end, bringing home groceries while her boyfriend sits at home watching TV, an obvious parallel to Beth and Jerry

this is the feminist shit retard, this situation happens 5% in real life, in 95% of the cases the male works all day for the wife to divorce and get the house, the kids, the dog and all his shit, plus a montly payment, situation that makes him live in ruins until their younger kid turns 18

all the while the mom does shit but go to the gym, watch tv, and fuck around, maybe have some excuse for a job
>>
Aside from the art style being atrocious and all characters are unlikable assholes, it's generally kind of dull and hasn't done anything that futurama or family guy hasn't done better.
>>
>>86789157
>carbon turd
Everything is carbon dumbass.
>>
>>86785230
Agreed. seeing the dislike here actually made me go watch the show and try it and I love it now.
>>
>>86785648
These comments are really bad for me, they're ironically amusing even though they don't accurately represent Rick and Morty. It's tainting my objective perception even though it's satisfying.
>>
>>86785030
It seems like a victim of its own success. The first season was really well made and interesting and the second was pretty good. The current season feels like the show's running out of steam. I mean, shouldn't Rick be some sort of godlike figure on earth, given that he's an interdimensional traveler who managed to defeat the aliens that had enslaved mankind (also, how is that not a bigger storyline) yet they're focusing on some less interesting family drama.

Dan Harmon's previous effort, Community, sort of had the same problem. Brilliant first season, really good second season and then diminishing returns afterwards.
>>
I enjoy the show, some episodes more than others. I thought the post-apocolypse episode was pretty alright, admittedly.
>>
>Redditors that enjoy Reddit & Memey pretending they're true 4channers

Kind of strange how it's so fucking obvious which posters truly belong here and which came over with the various Plebbit invasions over the past several years
>>
>>86803057
>true 4channers

HELLO REDDO
>>
Boring af. Completely unfunny. The fact you underage faggots compare it to Futurama makes me sick.
>>
I only watch it because I miss futurama.
>>
I hope it's successful for Roiland's sake but I hope Dan gets into a horrible car accident and dies while screaming nazi.
>>
>>86785030
1st season was good. Second and third are garbage.
>>
>>86788293
You have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance.

The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those morons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
The reason you hate this show is purely because they hired female writers.

You ignore that R&M is actually pretty GOAT. I don't just mean that R&M is the greatest television show of all time, it's also the greatest thing to air on television, period. It is the greatest work of comedy, no, fiction ever produced.
Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon make Plato and Aristotle look like Trump and Pence with their philisophical storytelling. I'm convinced they are both geniuses.

This show is extremely funny, and most of the humor is very intelligent. You need an iq of 120 to fully appreciate this show, and if you don't, you are obviously just too stupid to understand the high-brow, subtle, philisophical work of genius that is Rick and Morty.
>>
>>86785152
Never seen it but the faggots on my Facebook that post Rick and Morty shit all the time are the same ones who love Big Bang Theory
>>
>>86803229
>Not appreciating a literal insane genius

Come on man, don't let your fledgling political views stop you from enjoying the chemistry
>>
>>86785613
Is that supposed to mean something? No piece of entertainment has ever made me laugh. Just real life events.
>>
>>86803529
What real life events made you laugh?
>>
it''s a fucking cartoon and I get 20 minutes of cheap entertainment from watching it
>>
>>86803067
I've been coming here for a little over a decade now and I like the show, so I think maybe he's a bit misguided.
>>
File: 1502100147548.jpg (24KB, 407x406px) Image search: [Google]
1502100147548.jpg
24KB, 407x406px
>>86785030
The first season was 90% fun 10% pseudoscience and pseudophilosphy. With each season it becomes less fun and more pseudoscientific/pseudophilosophical. I'm still on board but I don't like the direction it's heading in.
>>
Fucking terrible
Havent hated a show this much in a long time
>>
I love the show, it's entertaining. I really don't mind the memes it generates.

I hate the fans who think you need a fucking college degree to "get it" Despite the show being pretty accessible to just about anyone. The show doesn't try to be smart, a vocal minority of the fans who think liking one of the most Normie tier shows out there makes them intelligent are the cancer that ruined It for some people. If it weren't for them this show wouldn't get nearly as much hate here
>>
Watched the first season and thought it wasn't funny. Watched one of the newer episodes and don't get why people are pretending it's any less funny
>>
>>86785030
Unfunny garbage.
>>
They're playing it too safe now. Like what happened where Rick would fuck up the world, not know how to fix it, then just abandon it instead? Now he's just some super scientist that can do anything.
>>
>>86803672
This. First we explored random things, but now we have an overarching plot and family drama. Who cares?
>>
It's alright I guess, I think normies suck it off a bit too much though. The nihilism is also annoying, only teenage edgelords are too stupid to realize what simple perspective and scope are when talking about existing in the universe.
>>
File: 1485661309677.jpg (22KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
1485661309677.jpg
22KB, 446x299px
Rick and Morty would be better if all the characters were black and looked like Idris Elba.
>>
>>86785030
It's a good show going downhill real fast. The inevitable destiny of near all TV.
>>
>>86785030
>havong an opinion on a show based of this short animation
that said, they should get rid of all the female writers and dan hammon
>>
File: Hate Symbol (55).jpg (4KB, 125x110px) Image search: [Google]
Hate Symbol (55).jpg
4KB, 125x110px
>>86805580
>>
>>86794592
so you didnt read it
>>
It's progressively becoming more hamfisted and less funny. The more hamfisted it becomes the more the fanbase seems to enjoy patting themselves on the back for "getting all of the deep and intellectual themes."

It's unbearable.
>>
>>86805580

NIGGER DICK IS IN MY WIFE TONIGHT
EVERYBODY JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME

THE GIRTH GON MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR MINDS
>>
>>86806639
Female writers yes.. Harmon though is a double edged sword of edgy nihilism and being genuinely funny and creative.
>>
>>86789157
>*burp* diamonds are scams morty!
>>
>>86787270
That shit was moribund the moment it started airing.
>>
File: 1501434801678.png (25KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1501434801678.png
25KB, 657x527px
>>86785648
Great OC
>>
>>86800966
Why do you think /tv/ is so good at identifying them and ridiculing them?
>>
>>86803411
That's some hearty pasta amico.
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-11-27 15.12.24.png (999KB, 1692x828px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-11-27 15.12.24.png
999KB, 1692x828px
>>86785030
Rick is the only enjoyable character.
And even he has shit lines.

Full of pop culture references and occasional cursing to please 16 yo kids.

The parents are the worst part of the show.

I like the creativity sometimes.
But it's hard to enjoy because of the shit references.

Morty's voice is annoying.

Goes to show that people are sheep and would follow a show just because of some memes.

I started watching because I was curious of the Get Schwifty memes everywhere.

By the time I got to that episode I wasn't even surprised that the song suck.

I t's the first time I fell for a meme since GoT.
>>
>>86785696

>taking these at have value

I'm honestly surprised at the lack of detachment /tv/ exhibits when talking about Rick and Morty. It really is a case of trying your hardest to hate something R*ddit likes
>>
>>86799886
The humanities are infested with nauseating leftwing bullshit to the point you can't expect anyone who doesn't professionally orbit around a philosophy department to take the time or effort to sort through it all. If you're finding people immediately disregard a school of thought, 9 times out of 10 it's because quacks in that field have made it convenient to do so. It's one of the most important reasons to avoid group think, not just to stave off potentially bad ideas, but to keep your ideas from being written off wholesale.
>>
Is Archer much better?
What do I think of Archer, /tv/
>>
>>86787798
He has to drink a elixir from those nuts they got in the first episode. It's why his saliva is so green.
>>
Its ok, I've been trying to binge the show but every episode is basically the same.
>>
File: 1498213771437.png (144KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1498213771437.png
144KB, 480x336px
>>86790430
>>
File: 1499625813169.png (19KB, 565x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499625813169.png
19KB, 565x540px
>>86794458
>Y'know, like how /pol/
>>
It's alright,I just pretend it's Futurama
>>
>>86785030
I genuinely think the voice acting for the titular characters is terrible and obnoxious.
>>
>>86790430
good work so far anon
>>
>>86785030
A few episodes are fantastic, a few are just "okay" but I can't think of any that are bad. I really like it
>>
not very funny but kind of interesting enough to keep me watching for like 1 chuckle an episode.

last episode i only laughed when the it turned out the customer support guys were inside the machine
>>
Always been a fan of Roland's work and Harmon is alright(Community was watchable and had its moments). Loved it from episode 1 though because Roland's humor is always up my ally but got into it mostly because I like the characters. Also for once I feel like the stereotype of stupid father in a cartoon family isn't done badly.

The fact that the series is based on a short parody involving someone rubbing and sucking off an old guy's dick is just hilarious in and of itself.
>>
>>86785030
I like it
>>
Watched first 6 episodes. I've been laughing and enjoying it. All the threads here made me do it. I suppose that was the intention of those threads.
>>
R&M is truly hit and miss for the first 2 seasons, for the same amount of fantastic eps you have more or less the same amount of cringy one.
Its also very memeddit friendly BUT its always the worst aspects of the show that are remembered by them or the normalfags,so unless you are really autistic or 15 you can get over it.
That said the only good eps of S3 are the 1 first and the last one. Chinese girl need to get fired she is fucking awful at its job, she is ruinning the serie. Also Harmon is an infinite beta who cant handle its own show (see community).
>>
>>86785030
>Season 1
Overall very good, couple of episodes were lower quality
>Season 2
also good overall. A little worse than season 1. Few more shit episodes than season 1 had.
>Season 3
Episode 5 > 1 > 4 > > > > > 3 > > dogshit > > > > 2
>>
>>86785030
It's a great show.
>>
Show is ok with some occasional clever dialogue but a worse fan base than even the bronies of old
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 279x181px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 279x181px
>>86788293
>Somebody spent time of his life to do this
>>
File: image.png (201KB, 533x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
201KB, 533x276px
I prefer Bojack Horseman but the show is still pretty good. The fanbase is far too cancerous though, pic related.
>>
So when it comes down to it, majority of us here like the show. We just don't like the fanbase
>>
>>86785861
im just glad as keeps on giving
lots of good shows to rewatch like sealab
>>
>>86785030
Season 1 and 2 had some amazing episodes and overall the worst the show had ever been was "meh".

Season 3 is garbage. It's not funny, it's not clever, it doesn't say anything or go anywhere and it's more pretentious than it's ever been. 3x01 was amazing tho.
>>
>>86785648
>this didn't even get upvotes on reddit, but /tv/ believes it in a second
>>
>>86812807
Wut? Every response clearly knows it's BS.
>>
Either i really like the episode or i find it bad.
There are no plain decent episodes.
Purge episode is still the worst.
>>
>>86785648
I know this is bs but people like this (I mean people who think Rick is badass and someone to look up to) are the reason S03 is as shit as it is and I will forever hate their guts out for that.
>>
>>86812917
>morty? what are you doing with terry mason?

this whole scene redeems the entire episode tbqhwyfàmalafam
>>
teenage reddit: the show
>>
>tfw got banned for calling redditor a nigger and reddit and memey a pile of shit
I'd like to know how many redditors are mod of this shithole?
>>
was the irony of rick hating pseudo science when all his science shit is fantasy nonsense intentional?
>>
>>86785030
I marathoned the best jokes on YouTube adn none of them were funny.
>>
>>86812633
nice thumbnail faggot
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.