[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BATMAN IS NOT CANON TO DCEU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 20

File: tPy2gCt6[1].jpg (55KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
tPy2gCt6[1].jpg
55KB, 459x459px
YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
http://www.slashfilm.com/the-batman-not-part-of-the-dc-extended-universe/
>“Well I have a vision for a way to do something with that character that feels like it resonates with me personally, and a perspective that can grow out into other things. When they approached me, what they said was ‘look, it’s a standalone, it’s not part of the extended universe.’”
>>
>>86783115
Pretty sure they mean the story is stand alone and isolated without it affecting other installments, but sure whatever gets you clicks.
>>
File: bats.gif (884KB, 720x298px) Image search: [Google]
bats.gif
884KB, 720x298px
>they get dafoe to play joka
>>
>>86783115
>Will probably be their only good movie
>Not canon
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>86783172
he literally said ''not part of the extended universe'' how much more does he have to spell it out for you
>>
FAKE NEW

>DISNEY SHILLS

Obviously he meant its standalone as in he doesn't have to tie it into any other film like marvel does.
>>
>>86783276
I'll believe it when he announces someone else playing Batman.
>>
File: 1481118365056.jpg (8KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1481118365056.jpg
8KB, 224x225px
>>86783172
I assume this is what they're talking about too after reading it, unless it's explicitly stated otherwise, not having it be canon would be a completely retarded naturally, but having it be an isolated film, exclusively for Batman and not something to use as a stepping stone for other hero films in the DCEU with connecting cameos and plotlines is a good thing to me.
>>
Hell ya R-rated Batman niggas, Logan eat shit!
>>
>stand alone films

So I can get my fucking MoS 2 now after JL?!
>>
They're also making a Joker origins movie that won't be part of the DCEU

So are they giving up on that?
>>
>>86783115
Where exactly does it say its not cannon you retard
>>
wtf is canon anymore?
>>
>>86783115
>YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
But you just did
>>
Superheros teaming up is dumb anyway.
I mean seriously, are we suppose to believe Batman is even close to being as useful as Superman? Or the Flash? Or Cyborg?
Also, if these heros all live near each other why do they never help each other out when the world is ending yet again?
Just keep the heros in their own universe
>>
I still can't believe that Joker movie story.
>>
>>86783115
I wonder what he´s thinking, probably something like:

>Why am I starring in movies made by hacks? Is life worth to me at all?
>>
>>86783582
Agreed. The only time they should ever get together is to have orgies and that's it.
>>
>>86783413
Joker can allow more creative leg room than most through unreliable narrative story telling. It's pointless to try to make it canon and tie to other movies, and Joker doesn't have a definitive origin contrary to people thinking TKJ is his origin story. It's left to interpretation if a Joker movie is a elseworld standalone or a spiritual prequel.
>>
>>86783582

Usually, Batman is actually more capable than all these heroes.
>>
>>86783582

Because they wanted the Avengers audience.
>>
>>86783413
hopefully
>>
>>86783592
>win best director oscar
>go back to starring in capeshit

I'm sorry, but this was a dumb decision.
>>
>>86783626
but he dosent even have superpowders
>>
>>86783626
Yeah but the way the shitverse of the flicks portraits it is hilariously bad, Batman is suppose to be one of (if not) the main leaders, I bet that sadfleck is going to be treated as an extra in the flick
>>
>>86783688
neither does Tony Stark or black widow and they're staple members.
>>
>>86783626
Yeah because the writers give him plot armor up the ass or make every hero dumb as a brick.
It's like Mr. Satan being able to defeat Goku after the Frieza saga. It's just retarded.
>>
>>86783715

Dude, in the movie Batman and Wonder Woman are going to be the mentors and sorta of couple. They've already confirmed scenes of them arguing as an old married couple, him rescuing her from villains and her holding him while crying because he's hurt.

Batman and Wonder Woman are the main honchos.
>>
>>86783744

Hey, man. It's not Batman's fault that Superman is gay as fuck for him and constantly subject himself to Batman constant insults and attacks.
>>
>>86783115
i don't care if the DC movies are genius and the marvel ones are utter schlock,
it's just fucking astounding how goddamn terrible DC has been at managing this whole cinematic universe thing
>>
>>86783115
>Batman in Gotham
>stops some killer dude dressed like something stupid
What exactly would make that "not canon" you fucking idiot. Unless reeves wants to hire a different actor and set it in the 1940s and it's a musical it's part of the "Cinematic universes "

It's just not going to cross over with other stuff (Bruce doesn't have lunch with Clark Kent or whatever)

>Disney shills still shilling because GotG2 and spidertwink didn't break a billion
>>
>>86783772
So... Batman is going to be a beta and Wonder Woman his 2 hour "secret" love interest? Oh, man, I bet there´s going to be little to no smidgen of Batman´s low I.Q
>>
good.

movie universes are shit.
>>
>>86783807
No it's just shitty writing and this teaming up stuff is just a lazy way to make money.
>>
>>86783859
High I.Q, I mean
>>
>>86783859

Unh... yeah. But that's what you get after WW.
>>
So what about Batgirl? I men at this point, I hope they just shitcan the whole thing because Joss "Fuck me for money" Whedon is going to destroy it.
>>
>>86783903
I´m going to be waiting for the low score on RT then
>>
>>86783934

They'll probably scrap it and try to have Snyder promote JL to lessen the involvement of Whedon in the movie, which is hilarious.
>>
>>86783582
>>86783582
Forget usefuleness, what the fuck is the shadowy protector of a city doing as a leader in world famous organization? I always imagined that the way the question was portrayed in JLU was similar to how batman would be if the dc universe didn't exist soley to house him. Like if he was in the justice league at all he'd just have a tiny office that disappears in and out of that all the members are curious whats in there, I mean the batman should be the spooky urban legend it sounds like right?
>>
>>86783982

Normies and specially SJW critics will eat it up because of Wonder Woman treating the fucking Batman as her awkward dumb boyfriend.
>>
>>86783582
I think it sounds cool on paper but there hasn't been a single one of these live action team ups of heroes that I've enjoyed so far.
>>
>>86783115
Wonder Woman was a standalone film as well.
>>
>>86783994

Usually, the comics have Batman acting as a villain on the good heroes side, or like some mutant racist mastermind. Basically, he tries to take the control of everything the SUPERheroes do because he wants to keep an eye on them, study and make plans to take them out.
>>
>>86783990
Seriously though. "Zack, you fucked DC too much already, but since your daughter died, we'll let you use that as a way to step back gracefully. Joss "My dick is named Feminist" Whedon will take over & take the credit if it is a hit. If it's not a hit, you'll be blamed & Joss will be praised for trying."

Now: "Heeeeeeey Zack! So uh, can you jump in here and do press for the movie? Joss is a whore & fucked my wife(probably)"
>>
>>86784045
That back is going to break real soon if that is going to be continually used as a reason for something. Come on now.
>>
>>86784045
>trying to reason in a shill thread
Don't waste your time
>>
>>86784023
I doubt it, mainly because it´s a "more than 2 main characters" movie, and as we saw with shit squad, and bvs, they don´t know how to handle more than one main character at the time (the barely managed to make a single character movie good) (WW), it´s going to suck, let´s face it, the shit CGI cyborg is just one superficial prove
>>
File: 62401335_p25_master1200.jpg (237KB, 805x889px) Image search: [Google]
62401335_p25_master1200.jpg
237KB, 805x889px
I just hope Deathstroke is still part of that movie.

He's my comic book favorite character and I'd love to see him portrayed in a movie.
>>
Warner could always bring the Danish filmmaker Nicolas Winding Refn to do the Batgirl movie he wanted.
>>
>>86784045
isnt the entire movie a email she writes to Batman?
>>
>>86784279

Yes.
>>
>>86784235
Deathstroke was present in the old script but they rewrote the whole thing recently
>>
>>86784235
I hope not, if they get the rights your "favorite comic book character" is probably going to be replaced by a gay nigger
>>
>>86783115
>Month old interview regurgitated as clickbait article
Good job!
>>
>>86784295
so its not stand alone
>>
>>86784323
>if they get the rights
??
Deathstroke is a DC character. and DC is owned by Warner. They already have the rights.
>>
>>86784399
I was being positive. If that´s the case, sorry, prepare to see a gay nigger instead of your "favorite comic book character"
>>
File: 1457746593029.gif (4MB, 640x333px) Image search: [Google]
1457746593029.gif
4MB, 640x333px
>>86784349
Unless We hear further that Ben Affleck won't be playing in Matt Reeve's Batman, then it's clear he meant that the Batman solos will be isolated from cameos and mcguffins. Meaning he won't be chatting with cyborg about mother boxes on skype and going on dates with Wonder Woman to antiquity biddings with a tacky After Credit with a smirking Darkseid coming from no where.
>>
>>86784455
I know a lot has happened since, but didn't they confirm casting (or at least considering) Joe Mangagnello or whatever (the guy from Magic Mike) to play him?

I don't think he's a perfect cast (Slade was supposed to be blond before his mutation), but he's sexy as fuck and his most famous roles are about him being a pussy chasing Chad, which is pretty accurate to the character.
>>
>>86784648
I don´t think that´s really an excuse, I think Gal is a beautiful woman, as well as a good actress, but, I don´t think she was the right cast for WW
>>
>>86783582
absolutely agree with you
i hated that idea in the very beginning
>>
>>86784708
Well, we're kind of changing the subject here, but as someone who has read a lot of comics over the years, I would argue that Wonder Woman never had a clear character.
She was always the weak part of the DC trinity.

She went from S&M fantasy waifu to cleaning lady to love preaching hippie to ultra violent psychopath to now where she's kind of peaceful but not really.

Diana never had a distinct personality, which is why I didn't mind Gal as much as the others.
>>
>>86784860

Diana used to be the bitch that Superman would be forced to calm the fuck down, with the plus that in Elseworlds the only way he'd manage to calm her hormones was to pump her full of babies.

Then the cartoons aired and she became the snarky diva queen that would stand in the corner with jock Batman where they'd cross-arms and bully Superman together.

Then in the last years she went back to being the psycho bitch that needs Superman to watch out, and now after movies she went back to being snarky stacy that snark with chad Batman.
>>
>>86783172
This

I think it'll be 'separate' from the DCEU in that he's doing his own thing, separate from the other characters, kinda like how Wonder Woman was.

Basically the polar opposite of how Marvel always forces cameos and teamups, connecting arcs etc. between each superhero movie.
>>
>>86783831
Learn to read. It's not part of the universe no matter how hard you fuss
>>
>>86785112
Okay. You're talking about literally every incarnation of the character except for the one in the comics. And I just don't have enough experience with the shows and movies to argue with you.

But whatever.
These characters are supposed to be transcendental and any version is therefor valid.

I just personally think that they could've hired literally ANYONE to play Diana, including a gay black trans amputee or a literal turd with a cape, and it would've been consistent with what pop culture has defined as Wonder Woman.
>>
>>86783934
You guys think these "news" are way more important that they are. The large audience for these movies don't give two shits. They don't even know who directs any movie they watch.
>>
>>86785202
They're not going to cast Ben Affleck for Batman and say "that doesn't count." if this were off the record.
>>
So it's going to be like GotG and Wonder Woman instead of some MCU tier bullshit. Good news
>>
File: huehuehuehueg.jpg (259KB, 1072x1639px) Image search: [Google]
huehuehuehueg.jpg
259KB, 1072x1639px
It'll be standalone in the same way Wonder Woman was separate from the rest of the DCEU, or Guardians from the MCU.

Pic related.
>>
>>86783195
Don't you make me dream anon. I abandoned this ship already, don't drag me back.

In all seriousness though Dafoe's already been cast in a lame inconsequential role in Aquaman. They did the one thing that would guarantee he can never play the Joker in the DCEU. They cast him in a different role. There's even actors that can move between roles at Marvel and DC but DC did the one thing that would make it totally impossible for him to be the Joker. Fucking tards.
>>
>>86785341

No, i'm talking about the comics. Diana characterization changed over time.

She started like the anon said, then in the 80's went the love preaching diplot route, then thanks to Kingdom Come in the 90's became the psychopat that would only calm with Superman's touch, then in the 2000's thanks to the cartoons she became the snickering stacy to the snark jock Batman, then with the comic reboot in the 2010's she went back to the psychopath obsessed about Superman, then now thanks to the movies she became a mix of the lovepreaching (sorta Steve Trevor grilfriend) + snickering stacy friends with jock Batman.
>>
>>86785429
Disney shills BTFO
>>
>>86784860
>love preaching
This is actually constant to pretty much every incarnation of the character since the very beginning, and they kept it in the movie. And guess what? It was a success!
Next thing you know, people are gonna start speculating that if Batman and Superman actually acted like Batman and Superman, that movie might have been a success as well.
>>
>>86784597
In other words, Batman still, for all its flaws, is a successful franchise, and they're worried about backwash from the terribleness of everything else wrecking it, ala BvS.
>>
>>86785489

>This is actually constant to pretty much every incarnation of the character since the very beginning

You really don't remember murderous icequeen from THE NEW 52, do you? Or the whole 90's phase where she would decapitate monsters and try to convince Superman to take over the world in a bunch of Elseworlds.
>>
>>86783582
Suspension of disbelief, in-universe rules, and character based writing anon. It's what allows Captain America to be one of the leading avengers. If you're a good writer you figure this shit out. If you're a tard, you sit there and try to find logic in shit that's inherently illogical.
>>
File: WondysNeckVendetta.jpg (3MB, 1500x4681px) Image search: [Google]
WondysNeckVendetta.jpg
3MB, 1500x4681px
>>86785489
>This is actually constant to pretty much every incarnation of the character since the very beginning
>>
>>86784860
Her appeareance is the matter, she has always been the "typical" American white women; IU don´t see the "change of subjects" here
>>
>>86783687
He never won best director
>>
>>86783687
Brie Larson comes to mind too, from oscar winner to soulless capeshit. Then again that slut can't act for shit so she belongs in marle
>>
>>86785589
What I mean is that Joe Manganiello, like Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke in the comics, is a white heterosexual man with huge muscles and handsome face.

I get that some people were disappointed by Wonder Woman's casting, but I think Joe is a lot closer to the source material than her.
So comparing both casting choices seems kind of pointless.
>>
>>86785489
>>86785588

One more, this time from the comics main universe of the time.
>>
>>86785711
True, still, they´re going to make a shitty movie anyway
>>
>>86785764
:(
>>
>>86785555
>and they're worried about backwash from the terribleness of everything else wrecking it, ala BvS.

Batman was the most commonly praised part of BvS despite the lash. Also Batman recovered from Batman & Robin. Bats is literally King Capeshit. Nobody gives as much of a shit what happens before.

And no, it's not about characters that might cramp his style, it's about avoiding the same bullshit that Disney does with their cameos and mcguffins hogging space just so they can shill an Avengers title. Why do we need a scene where Batman hangs out with Diana or Clark for the weekend?
>>
>>86783688
he's rich
>>
>>86783744
A competent and pragmatic Mr. Satan could kill Goku currently.
>>
>>86783688
>>86783582
They might hint at him creating Brother Eye, which basically would make him the most powerful being on Earth.
>>
>>86785785
go back to shiddit
>>
>>86783413
WB hasnt release any information tbat this is happening im praying its just fake news i will honestly turn my fucking back on all of this
>gotta grow up if its true
>>
>>86783115
What's the fucking point of building Cinematic Universe with every second flick being non-canon.
>>
>>86785943

Isn't he already the most powerful being in the world? Dude is recruiting a bunch of super-powered soldiers, giving them a high-tech house full of murder-weapons he himself build, and if rumors are true banging an immortal goddess capable of killing gods.

That already makes him pretty op. He might even have a hand in reviving an immortal superpowered alien that will become his best friend.
>>
It's becoming increasingly obvious that DC has no faith in its expanded universe. Prepare for a whole lot of these projects to get cancelled after JL is critically slaughtered. Hopefully this is the start of bucking the retarded shared universe trend, because that shit is cancer.
>>
>>86785952
>muh reddit
pathetic
>>
>>86786081
->just fuck my shit up forever senpai
All of this really makes me want to cry i know its pathetic but damn how can the execs be so fucking retarded
>>
I just want Justice League vs Vandal Savage
>>
>>86786081
After Wonder Woman? Dude they have more faith than ever, they are literally doing better than Marvel right now
>>
>>86786131
>muh dc shittyverse
Pathetic
>>
>>86785453

Isn't he like 70 though? I'm not sure he's really right for that role.
>>
>>86786173
>they are literally doing better than Marvel right now

Hahahahahahahahah! God damn, you are delusional.
>>
>>86786185
shit. got me there
>>
>>86785567
>You really don't remember murderous icequeen from THE NEW 52
She wasn't like that in her own book, which was the only one well received by audiences and critics alike.

>Or the whole 90's phase
You mean the one that's pretty much reviled by every comic fan?

And all the neck snapping (which includes many elseworld comics anyway) don't contradict it. She's a warrior and she's not afraid to fight and kill when she deems it necessary.
Preaching about love is still her main characteristic, even in many of those comics that you put as examples, and you'd know it if you actually read the comics instead of gathering edits from the internet.
>>
DC should just stop making movies.
>>
>>86786211
Spiderflop can't even outgross Wonder Woman carrying the baggage of 3 critically panned movies despite being the latest installment with avengers hype backing it. Fuck, it hasn't even outgrossed BvS and Spidey has positive buzz.
>>
File: 2017capebowl.png (278KB, 1384x711px) Image search: [Google]
2017capebowl.png
278KB, 1384x711px
>>86786211
O-oh sorry :(
>>
Im hoping the joker movie is a lie the wb hasnt released any news about it
And if it is true fuck them
>>
>107 posts
>34 IPs
You guys know that it was this kind of marvel shilling what made /tv/ a DC board right?
>>
>>86786211
Wonder Woman did better than both Marvel movies in the US this summer. And DC might even get the first and second highest grossing superhero movies of the year, if JL manages to be at least more entertaining than BvS.
>>
File: DCU_East_Coast_Map.png (2MB, 992x665px) Image search: [Google]
DCU_East_Coast_Map.png
2MB, 992x665px
>>86783582
>mfw Metropolis and Gotham City are separated by a small body of water

So, Superman never took any interest in the crime-ridden hell-hole just moments away?
>>
>>86786276

She was still murderous in her own comic at the time, but it was a good comic so fuck it.

I also doesn't change the fact that characterization during the reviled time was fucked up, which is the point. Specially outside her solos.

Also the problem is that the Elseworlds were much more popular than any of her solo comics. She was also shitty in team up books outside of the solos, which are also way more popular than her solos.

So the fact that Diana doesn't have a defined characterization is true.
>>
>>86786396
I dont see why anyone is worries about justice leagues its gonna make a shit load of money
>>
>>86786399
Superman is usually dealing with disasters and world destruction scenarios, not really "low level" crime. Batman deals with stuff like rape, murder, theft, the usual costumed nut, and so on, Superman usually deals with an alien of planet buttfuck trying to steal Earth's magma on som shit, and he also flies all over the world dealing with earthquakes and what not.

While is not canon, I liked the discussion two dudes were having in Arkham Knight. Basically one guy says how he is thinking about leaving for Metropolis because of the constant shit you have to deal with in Gotham, the other guy says is a bad idea, that Metropolis gets destroyed, teleported, stolen, abducted, etc, various times every week.
>>
>>86786593
>tfw you will never have a DC or Marvel movie that focuses entirely on one extra who continually gets caught up in every superhero conflict for increasingly outlandish reasons
>>
>>86786391
Maybe we're all just passionate people who enjoy talking about comic book movies.
Every thought about that?
>>
File: Starro.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Starro.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>86786695
>>
>>86783115
Why do you care about extended universes in superhero movies?
>>
>>86786316
holy fuck spiderman flopped HARD
>>
>>86786593
>>86786695
Also, Gotham city is only the second most dangerous city in the DC universe USA, the most dangerous city is Capital City, home of my boi The Question. Apparently a lot of people in Gotham is not only "used" to that shit, but uses Capital City as a way of dealing with the constant bullshit, saying shit like "well, the Joker may have poisoned our fresh water sources again, but at least we are not Capital City".
>>
>>86783582
>I mean seriously, are we suppose to believe Batman is even close to being as useful as Superman? Or the Flash? Or Cyborg?
Of course he is, he is the brains of the group.
>Also, if these heros all live near each other why do they never help each other out when the world is ending yet again?
Because when the world is ending because of a magical beast, it's also ending because of Brainiac.

>>86783994
>what the fuck is the shadowy protector of a city doing as a leader in world famous organization?
The same thing as Hades is doing in the greek panteon.

Batman is just as OP as anyoone else in the JL when you consider that he uses both technology, magic and uses all characters as peons in a game.
>>
>>86786927
I fear to think what brazil looks like in DC universe.
>>
>>86786889
>flopped HARD
>Made double it's budget

I don't think you understand what a flop is.
>>
>>86787048

The new comics event have Batman pretty much destroying multiverses because he decided to investigate the secret of existence and use superpowered people as pawns in his mindgames against himself.

Fuck... they turned him into Rick.
>>
>>86787130
that's production budget, now count the marketing budget
>>
This would be the only way it is good and makes sense.

How the fuck does Batman go from fighting Superman toe to toe to fighting Solomon Grundy or some shit
>>
>>86786316
Good thing that image is wrong. Retard.
>>
>>86787125

They had comics taking place in Brazil.

Basically, it became a nazi haven for fucked up nazi super-scientists and every lowlife criminal have a super-death-ray weapon. So you've cyborg skinheads, favela thugs with death rays and amorous super-cops massacring everyone.

Basically, Mega City.
>>
>>86787243
Thats only in the Flashpoint timeline tho, "normal" Brazil actually has less crime and violence.
>>
>>86786396

What's it like being so stupid all the time? Do your parents have to live with your awful thoughts too? Wonder Woman hasn't done very well at all all things considered. And Justice League is guaranteed to shit itself harder than BvS
>>
>>86787286

Nah, check "THE SHIELD", CHECKMATE and, more recently, BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL.
>>
>>86786173
Wonder Woman was a period piece that took place decades before the rest of the JL was even born. Apart from the framing device, which even most of the positive reviews said was a bad choice, it had no real ties to the Cinematic Universe.
>>
Someone post superman's evil smirk with zod in a headlock
>>
>>86787175
>backpedaling this hard

That applies to every movie dipshit. Homecoming still made 100mil profit opening week and still counting. Wonder Woman was a massive success but that doesn't mean movies that made less are "flops".
>>
>>86787286
>>86787325

Checkmate showed that the hot as fuck superheroine Fire was a normal cop in Brazil or someshit and killed in the name of her nationalist father.

What happened with that character, by the way?
>>
>>86786927
I can't find anything about 'Capital City' on wiki
>>
>>86787429
Fuck, its "Hub city", not Capital, I don't know why I always say its Capital City.
>>
>>86787125
Let's be Frank, both DC and Marvel Universe are awful place to live.
>>
>>86786772
God, what a fucking shame this show turned out to be shit.
>>
>>86787483
Worst place to live in is Carcer City
>>
>>86787483
Well, DC is better, tho, everybody and their mum has a type of super power, its even a problem how many idiots try to be heroes and end up destroying a town, and of course, how many super criminals there are. Also, being a cape is normalized because there has been "heroes" since humanity was born, so you wont get attacked by the media or anybody for having a mutation or super powers.

Marvel universe sucks tho, for some reason everybody is a cunt, and if you get a super power people is going to hate you... They are rare tho, even including mutants and inhumans.
>>
>>86786593
This. Also, they've already laid the groundwork for why the big, "public" figures don't get involved in real vigilantism like the Batman does. For one thing, they're not sanctioned law enforcement, which makes active law enforcement an illegal activity for them, for another, when they start muddying those waters, things start getting political really, really fast.

The only way the Batman gets away with it is with the cooperation of the Gotham PD.
>>
>>86787243
No no no anon, I asked what is like on DC universe not real life.
>>
>>86787483
I was asking because despite all the flaws there are a lot less homicides in gotham city after batman than in Rio de Janeiro.
>>
>>86787847
Yeah, Flash also says something along those lines, saying how he supports the death penalty and how he things a lot of super criminals deserve it, but he says they can't go around killing people because the authorities wouldn't tolerate it nor the public, and thats why he also likes to work with the police departments, helping or asking first.

People forget that most DC superheroes rarely step over the line, Batman and a few like the Question are the ones who don't give a fuck.
>>
>>86787983
I'm talking about Barry Allen, not about Wally, btw.
>>
>>86787777
>being a cape is normalized because there has been "heroes" since humanity was born
Such retroactive reality should mean a world like ours minus the last 50 years being different.
Although I can't keep track of all the comics there are, I mean if assembled all together there would be numerous supermEn, robins and flash.

Still my problem with the worlds and movies is how unsafe everything seems to be, if we take the Marvel movies, SHIELD has such an awesome technology but they never use it to actually better humanity.

>>86787936
Feels like saying "I might be living in Detroit but at least is not Sierra Leone".
>>
>>86787879

Real life Brazil is like a DC comic.

http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-politics/militia-heads-command-from-prison/
>>
>>86788107
I know also considering how 90% of the people in comics is hot for some reason I'd say Gotham seems like a paradise.
>>
>>86788062
Well, the different police forces and armies of the world seek for people with powers for them to join them, the USA army in the DC universe (and Im not talking about cadmus) has many super powered members, they deal with magic and so on. Also, the different nations as a whole seem to be more advanced, sending missions to far planets, building giant robots, and so on.

>its a North Korea builds a giant atomic skeleton and loses control over it episode
>>
>>86786441
>She was still murderous in her own comic at the time
In the new 52? Who did she kill besides some centaurs, and the First Born at the end, after he had killed a shitload of people?
As a matter of fact, in the ending of that comic, the Minotaur actually rejects attacking her because she spared his life when she was a teenager.

Source: I actually read the comics instead of repeating shit other people say.

And I never said she had a defined characterization but that the "preaching love" aspect of her character was the only thing that survived in most incarnations. Which is true.
>>
>>86786503
>its gonna make a shit load of money
I was sure BvS was going to as well, but look what happened. Never underestimate Zack Snyder.
>>
File: file.png (74KB, 280x157px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
74KB, 280x157px
>>86788107
>>86788169

Is it real that criminals in Brazil worship the Joker and fashion themselves after him? Like i heard that you've to at least one cop before calling yourself a "Joker".
>>
>>86787302
>? Wonder Woman hasn't done very well at all all things considered.
What are "all things considered" that would make a 400+ million domestic box office and the second biggest movie of the year in the US be anything but a massive success?
>>
>>86788204

I think her being a pragmatic warrior that is quick to spill blood unfortunately became the most well known trait.
>>
>>86783115
>implying cinematic universes arent fucking cancer
The novelty wore off a long time ago. I don't need continuity in capeshit more than I want a solid self contained story.
>>
>>86788107
>Implying crime lords never ran their business from inside prison in the US
Sure, there are no militias in the US, but they have state sanctioned criminal organisations like the CIA that make any foreign paramilitary organisation look like a bunch of babies. Actually, plenty of them are trained by the CIA.
>>
>>86785840
After Whedon reshots they changed that line by "I'm a white male."
>>
>>86787983
I actually hope they keep exploring how quickly "reality" diverges from what we're used to in a world where guys like Clark Kent and Barry Allen are real.
>>
>>86785429
Gotg2 still set up Adam warlock and those gold people will probably be back in some way down the line so how true is this really? DC shills btfo
>>
>>86788412
Again, moving the goalposts. I said that the love thing was the most constant element of her characterization since she was created, and that they respected that in the movie, and that is a fact.
But at any rate, she also acted like a pragmatic warrior in the movie, so again, making her act like Wonder Woman payed off. Imagine what could've been like if Batman and Superman actually acted like themselves.
>>
>>86788470
You forgot "cis"
>>
>>86788327
Some do, others worship some literal african deities, others worship devil itself. Depends on the gang.
>>
File: file.png (207KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
207KB, 480x360px
>>86788327

You can only tattoo yourself with a Joker design if you can prove to other low-lives that you managed to kill a cop. Cunts that date cop killers can also tattoo themselves with Harley Quinn designs.

Of course, if cops catch you with tattoos like that you're pretty much fucked. You better hope to for witnesses to save your ass or else you're going to get tortured to death.

And yeah, cop killers are called "Coringas" (ie Jokers)
>>
>>86788527

My point is that movie Wonder Woman was the best version of Wonder Woman in a long time, though. That she has been plagued with inconsistent and shitty characterization for ages.

People were more used to Injustice Wonder Woman than with... i don't, love preaching Wonder Woman.
>>
>>86788636

Suicide Squad was HUGE in Brazil, by the way. Fucking HUUUUGE.
>>
File: damaged.jpg (149KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
damaged.jpg
149KB, 800x1199px
>>86785453

>They did the one thing that would guarantee he can never play the Joker in the DCEU.
They already cast a Joker

>They cast him in a different role.
OK that too
>>
>>86788636
It's any clown tattoo, not just The Joker.
>>
>>86788904

Mostly Joker tattoo, though. 90%.
>>
>>86788636
>>86788904
What if you are DC fan and get a tattoo of Joker because you like the character?
>>
>>86786081
Good, stand alone movies are better anyways.

Everyone saw how the forced tie-ins to unrelated shit in Iron Man 2 severely impacted the quality of the movie.
>>
>>86789465

Don't. Just don't. If cops catch you with one you're fucked.
>>
>>86783582
>Batman is even close to being as useful as Superman?
Batman is a detective. He is good at getting to the bottom of things and figuring out what people are up to.
>>
>>86789776
Is it really that bad in Brazil?
>>
>>86786772
Is this a crossover with Riverdale?
>>
>>86789465
Someone actually living in Brazil would probably know how much of a bad idea that is
>>
>>86783115
Guys, I don't like the DCEU, I'd rather this not be canon, but they literally had it as part of their DCEU slate at SDCC not two days after this. They meant it as you don't need to connect it to the wider universe, it's not going to be connected in the same way that GOTG or the Netflix stuff isn't connected to the "main" MCU.
>>
>>86789905

Brazil is a huge as fuck country with almost every state being an country on itself.
>>
>>86787174
>>86786045
>>86785943
God this sounds awful.Capeshit truly is deviantart special tier garbage on par with anime Saturday morning cartoons.
>>
>>86783172
>>86783366
The DCEU suicide squad is already trying to spin this. Nobody wants to work with Snyder's shitty foundation, get over it.
>>
>>86783300
>Obviously he meant its standalone as in he doesn't have to tie it into any other film
That's exactly what he said. Honestly, get help.
>>
>>86783413
It was a matter of time.
>>
>>86783825
>DC movies are genius
You need to stop eating paint chips.
>>
>>86785453
>They did the one thing that would guarantee he can never play the Joker in the DCEU. They cast him in a different role.
Lad, Leto isn't playing the Joker in the Joker movie. There are no rules to this shit anymore.
>>
>>86787130
>Doesn't realise that studios only get about 50-60% of the box office
>Doesn't realise the number doesn't factor in marketing
This movie will barely make any money compared to its budget, especially if it doesn't catch on in China like it needs to
>>
File: file.png (169KB, 384x265px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
169KB, 384x265px
>>86789465

This is the best outcome. In the picture the cop is scratching the Joker tattoo off with a knife.
>>
>>86790113
see >>86785429
now eat ass
>>
>>86785787
>it's about avoiding the same bullshit that Disney does with their cameos and mcguffins hogging space just so they can shill an Avengers title
That's hilarious, considering that's how they built their empire. If WB had the common sense to do this shit in the first place, they wouldn't be in the mess they're in right now.
>>
>>86790480
>lol just be like disney!
>REEE UR COPYING!
>>
>>86783772
>>86783859
Sounds more like they just canonize the DCAU Justice League cartoon than feminism.
>>
>>86790365
>Doesn't realise that studios only get about 50-60% of the box office
That applies to the other movies as well. What are you even trying to sell here?
This is also the third reboot in less than 10 years, people are wary of the character. Not even Batman ever had it that bad.
>>
>>86790469
That's James Gunn coming off of a successful franchise, this is Ben Affleck not wanting to deal with Snyder's shit anymore.
>>86790509
They sure as hell have been trying to be, and failing miserably. Hell, Wonder Woman went well with critics and that's the more marvel-esque of the DCEU.
>>
>>86785429
>>86790469
There is still a big difference between standalone and not part of the universe.
GotG2 is obliviously still part of MCU, even though it's standalone. Same thing with WW being part of DCEU.
The point is, he literally said "it’s not part of the extended universe", so yeah, we need to wait and see.
>>
>>86783115
Geoff Johns is cancer
>>
>>86790757
they're not going to cast Ben Affleck for Batman if they want to get away from the Snyder stink. That contradicts what you're suggesting. Sorry to break it to you.

>Wonder Woman went well with critics and that's the more marvel-esque of the DCEU.
>she has a shield therefore it's a TFA knockoff.
retarded mouseketeers i swear.
>>
>>86783276
It probably means it just won't tie into anything but it won't contradict with anything.
>>
>>86791609
>she has a shield therefore it's a TFA knockoff.
Cool straw man, idiot.
They're casting Ben Affleck because he's recognizable and a draw with the fans. They're abandoning Leto because he sucked.
Completely disconnected from the DCEU means effectively non-canon.
>>
>>86791145
This will be about as Standalone as Wonder Woman or any MCU first phase solo act pre-Avengers before they became obsessed with making them be in cameos.

DC Taking up marvel's practices would be dare I say, batshit retarded. Batman (or anyone in that matter) doesn't need to fight off an Infinity stone equivalent totting villain for the umpteenth time just to promote the big team up movie, when Wonder Woman proved the solo acts can make just as much money. Last thing A Batman movie needs is something like a Clark cameo to undermine Bruce's movie conflict just to invite the whole "hurr Supes could clean Gotham in a hour!"
>>
>>86783115
>this is how bad Zack cancerkino is
KEK!
>>
>>86791805
>They're casting Ben Affleck because he's recognizable and a draw with the fans. They're abandoning Leto because he sucked.
They can cast anybody for Batman and they'll eat it up the same. No actor is above Batman.
>>
>>86792058
>any MCU first phase solo act pre-Avengers before they became obsessed with making them be in cameos.
Even the Ed Norton hulk movie had an RDJ cameo at the end.
>>
>>86792262
>They can cast anybody for Batman
I don't think so, not right now. They've done that before with terrible results. It's also why Spider-man homecoming struggled at the box office.
>>
>>86783115
HELLO
>>
>>86792306
>Even the Ed Norton hulk movie had an RDJ cameo at the end.
only because Universal wanted a piece of the pie.
>>
>>86789949
>it's not going to be connected in the same way that GOTG or the Netflix stuff isn't connected to the "main" MCU.

U wot? You do realize that the guardians are in the next avengers right? They have the same universe in every way. They are very much connected.
>>
>>86792513
That's besides the point. They've always had cameos of different upcoming movies.
>>
>>86783115
Literally nobody wants this
>>
>>86792672
Translation: I've hypnotized myself into enjoying Snyder's garbage, how could this be happening to me?
>>
>>86783115
>just fuck my shit up forever
-DCuck Nation
>>
>>86792357
>I don't think so, not right now.
BvS was the second reboot in 4 years for Batman too as was the gap between TASM and Homecoming. Fuck off with this audience being fatigued meme.
>>
>>86792854
>BvS was the second reboot in 4 years for Batman too as was the gap between TASM and Homecoming.
Sure, the last thing they need is another recast right at this very moment. That's what i fucking just said.
>>
>>86783115
Fake news, sad!
>>
How will DCfags defend this? DC kills
>>
>>86792908
and my point was they're not going to cast Ben Affleck and go "lol not canon with CU" That would be such a fucking pain to be marketing all the damn time to the same idiots that thought these movies were Nolan Bat sequels.
>>
>>86793043
>they're not going to cast Ben Affleck and go "lol not canon with CU"
I don't see the correlation, an actor doesn't bring the canon with him.
I understand your point and all, but if the two stories don't intersect in any way, and don't take into account each other's events, I don't think they're within the same continuity or canon.
>>
>>86786399
>Gotham is part New Jersey
Holy shit that makes so much sense.
>>
>>86792523
I mean how GotG 1 and 2 have absolutely nothing to do with any of the other MCU movies
>>
>>86790681
As in if you double your budget you're only breaking even and then you have to factor in marketing
>>
File: 1467202401635.jpg (9KB, 262x206px) Image search: [Google]
1467202401635.jpg
9KB, 262x206px
>>86786396
>in the US
>>
>>86793830
Yeah, which is the most important market for US productions. Worldwide also did better than Spider-Man so far, and we'll have to see how much it makes in Japan to see how close it ends up from GOTG2.
It also made more than every single character debut from Marvel (both domestic and worldwide), and more than any Marvel solo film all together, with the exception of Iron Man 3 (which might match or even surpass domestically as well anyway).
What a bomb! Gal Gadot on suicide watch!
>>
>>86785429
You people are so stupid. This is GotG2 is "standalone" because it doesn't involve other heroes, which NONE of the Guardians have even met yet in this part of the story, but it is STILL part of the Extending Universe.

Matt Reeves saying The Batman is not part of the Extended Universe is absolutely ridiculous. It makes no sense, since Batman has literally met a whole League of new heroes. There's no way for it to not be part of the Extended Universe unless it is a story NOT ABOUT our current Batman. Stop trying to find another meaning, he's staying it in black and white, the DCEU is dead as fuck.
>>
>>86793830
China takes 3/4 of the money away for them so when a movie make "80 millions" in China they're getting only 20 million dollarinos

So yeah US box office is the real lover.
>>
>>86794289
this, the statement is dumb, DC is dumb
>>
>>86783413
it's probably for the best if they do
>>
>>86786772
what the fuck is this?>
>>
>>86783172
>DCucks on damage control

MOUSE WINS AGAIN!!
>>
>>86790757
>They sure as hell have been trying to be, and failing miserably.

Yeah, failing to the tune of 3 billion dollars in box office over the course of 4 movies, better than twice what Disney managed in their first four outings. Meanwhile, they're telling a far more interesting and self-consistent story.

People are losing interest in the MCU, because it's become too formulaic, the characters too static, and the myth arc making less and less sense because it's been written more by focus groups and marketers than actual storytellers.
>>
>>86794631
Looks like Powerless from NBC. Also known as the canceled show so bad it killed Adam West.
>>
>>86792106
Zack Snyder's DC movies are so bad his daughter killed herself
>>
consider the following:
edgar wrights script for ant man was the best marvel movie script. but he left cause of the fact it was tied to the mcu.

imagine if it came out, would you see it?

thats the opportunity that the batman is getting.
>>
>>86794753
>edgar wrights script for ant man was the best marvel movie script

Nope.
>>
>>86794753
We don't need another Batman solo universe, we already got TDK universe that Matt Reeves got no hope to surpass at all.
>>
>>86794730
lol neat, thanks
>>
>>86793802
Which applies to the other movies on the list. If this were a DC movie breaking even, you wouldn't factor in the marketing and related costs at all.
>>
Canon or not, if it has kikes in it: pass
>>
>>86794115
>It also made more than every single character debut from Marvel (both domestic and worldwide)
After Marvel already popularized the genre, WW is riding on disney's coattails through and through.
>>
>>86794659
>meanwhile the mouse literally deletes a whole actor out of their film
YOU JUST CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP!
>>
>Here’s where I will act as a voice of reason and say that this may just be a case of misleading wording. A “standalone” movie that’s “not part of the extended universe” could mean that Warner Bros. is letting Reeves off the leash and letting him do as he pleases — and why wouldn’t they? He has spearheaded the critically acclaimed Planet of the Apes reboot trilogy that has gone on to reasonable box office success. It’s also in line with Warner Bros.’ old mantra of letting a director with a distinctive vision take the reins on a superhero movie — though they’ve walked back on that since Suicide Squad bombed.

From the same source, so yeah thinking that Warner bros would make a non DCEU movie about batman right after DCEU Wonder Woman stomping spiderman and every other MCU origin movie is retarded
>>
>>86794681
>better than twice what Disney managed in their first four outings.
Which established the market WB is enjoying right now. There's being a fanboy, and there's being an idiot. You're being an idiot.
>>
File: 1475007618639.png (255KB, 770x711px) Image search: [Google]
1475007618639.png
255KB, 770x711px
>Make a Cinematic Universe
>Dont make movies for it
>>
>>86794753
Aside from the fact that it's Batman, who everyone will go see no matter what and not ant-man, whom the general public doesn't even know he exists.
>>
>>86795069
>>86795094
Bitch please, DC started the superhero comic business and made the first sucessful Capeshit movie with Superman 1.

So yeah thanks Marvel for making one good thing for once instead of living on DC ideas forever.
>>
>>86795066
You must not watch any movies at all.
>>
File: 1498329127193.png (524KB, 1534x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1498329127193.png
524KB, 1534x1440px
>>86795115
>its not canon! its not canon!
The mouse is scared of the Bat. Rightfully so, Wonder Woman mopped the floor with Iron Spider 4 when everyone and their dog had doubt that the movie would pull through. Now you have Batman, a character even more popular than Wonder Woman being directed by Matt Reeves. That's enough to scare the shit out of the mouse.

Disney has to work over time to downplay this movie. It's a threat to them.
>>
>>86795188
>Bitch please, DC started the superhero comic business and made the first sucessful Capeshit movie with Superman 1.
That was decades ago, this current superhero boom started with Iron-man 1. If you wanted to make a point, you should have mentioned Batman Begins and the other Nolan movies, but that were an universe of its own. You're in such a fanboy mongoloid stupor, jesus christ. How did you let yourself go like this?
>>
Snyder's goy child was murdered by DC because he wouldn't leave the DCU. Reeves is smart to play it cautious. And I saw on AICN Talkbacks that Whedon may have been at the mercy of a Marvel/Disney publicity hit. Bob Iger, not a man (or future presidential hopeful) to mess with.

Purrrdiction: The Black Panther tops out at 120 million in US
>>
>>86795115
>hastily force a "cinematic universe" with 2 or 3 movies on viewers
>ignore the TV shows because they don't fit in
ayy lmao
>>
>>86795115
>>86795289
This brand fanboy crap marketers forced on the board is baffling. If you're honestly participating on this brand wars bullshit you should kill yourself, or fuck off back to /v/.
>>
>>86795230
Not true. I watch anime and Korean actioner-dramas. And that recording of me Creaming your sister on repeat.
>>
>>86795421
Nobody wants to be pressured to watch a tv show just to watch a movie. That's a god damn chore.
>>
>>86795289
Bats eat fruit and insects, mostly. You're an embarrassment, son.
>>
>>86795506
lol i fukt ur mom lmao
>>
>>86795037
Who says I'm a DC shill? I couldn't give a fuck about company wars, all I'm saying is that at its current state Homecoming has made next to no money
>>
>>86795510
They don't need to, that's just a cop-out.
>>
>>86795289

DCfriend, stop chasing Markek conspiracy theories when DCWBEU has shown time and again that they're just as capable of massively fucking up on their own.
>>
>>86795513
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1RnHlwosU
*mic drop*
>>
>>86795596
that's right downplay this whole thing now. It'll only get embarrassing when a solo batman movie outgrosses an Avengers movie.
>>
>>86795684
That's not unlikely, I don't see how that furthers your point.
>>
>>86795605
Yeah, that looks like a regular occurrence.
>>
>>86783115
The Millar U (Netflix), and upcoming Valiant Comics U (theatrical) will give DC and Marvel their just desserts. Audiences can smell the bullshit about DC a mile away, and Wonder Woman 2 ont gross half the original. This female director will pul a Fav like he did on Iron Man 2. You can tell Gal is a primadonna nightmare ready to be unleashed.

Tfw Turok outgrosses Thor 3. Soon.
>>
>>86795741
there are carnivorous bats, just not the majority of them.
>>
>>86795318
>capeshit boom started with Iron Man 1
Uhh, X-men and Spiderman would like a word, you revisionist faggot
>>
>>86783115
YAY

Extended universes are shit so this is great. We finally get actual art back in DC films
>>
>>86783582
This. Fuck the Justice League
>>
>>86795069
>Marvel already popularized the genre
Dude, DC had been making superhero films for 20 years (30 if you count the 60s Batman movie) before a Marvel character got their first hit (and it was a Fox movie).
>>
>>86792778
What? I'm not a cuck and realize Snyder is terrible. I was just saying, nobody wants a standalone Batman movie.
>>
>>86796057
>>capeshit boom started with Iron Man 1
>Uhh
Well put, but we didn't have yearly capeshit until marvel studios started churning them out. I'm arguing with facts here, you're arguing with desperate brand-loyalty.
>>
Batsyyyy
>>
>>86795318
>superman returns
>x-men
>batman begins

There was superhero hype everywhere, Iron Man didn't changed shit
>>
>>86798460
>superman returns
bombed
>x-men
almost 20 years ago
>batman begins
was part of its own contained universe. Didn't prompt an array of yearly movies about the bat family.
I know you want it to be some other way, but we didn't get bombed with capeshit each year until the marvel movies.
>>
>>86798576
>almost 20 years ago
Yes, but ever since 89 Batman there was a supherhero movie pretty much every 2 years, with it moving to pretty much one a year (at least) after Blade, X-Men and Fantastic 4 in the late 90s/early 00s.
If there's any movie that actually did kick the superhero movie as a popular genre, it was 89's Batman. That's the one that started the trend that lasts until nowadays.
But sure, keep moving the goalposts until it fits your narrative.
>>
>>86798710
>Yes, but ever since 89 Batman there was a supherhero movie pretty much every 2 years
Try every 3 years or so. Now we have one or two each year, along with yearly TV shows, cartoons, video games and so on. Since you've decided to abandon logic for this DC fanboy idiocy of yours, I don't see the point in continuing with the current line of conversation.
>>
>>86798710
The Crow was also pretty influential, in that it attracted an older audience to a superhero movies with a soundtrack that seemed "alt." Of course, it's success spawned the R-rated Barbwire and the "edgy" Spawn, then later Blade.

Batman '89 is where it all began. Youngfags don't remember how much hype existed for each sequel, especially after Keaton bowed out. Imagine modern James Bond x 1000. The rumors were talked about on playgrounds every day, and Batman Forever's soundtrack ruled the Billboard charts. Everything peaked imo when Kevin Smith and Tim Burton tried to make Superman.

People also sleep on the original Flash TV series, which was comfy and popular with babysitters.
>>
>>86798859
It's not DC fanboyism, it's how things went down. Yearly superhero films started with Spider-Man back in 2002, 6 years before Iron Man, and Marvel took 2 years to make a sequel to that.
>>
>>86783688
he literally has a belt full of super powders
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.