[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this Game of Thrones season feel so fucking rushed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

File: file.png (182KB, 750x388px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
182KB, 750x388px
Why does this Game of Thrones season feel so fucking rushed?
>>
Because GoT stinks
>>
because D&D are retards who made it 7 episodes for no reason
>>
>>86781924
>6 Seasons of numerous carefully crafted, interwoven storylines describing a giant conflict and multiple possibilities for the future
>throw it all together on a giant pile and get rid of all tension or even the possibility for surprises.
>>
>>86781990
>no reason

The reason is the woman who can't emote and the midget with a bad accent cost $2M per episode.
>>
Xd
>>
Because you were so used to them spinning their wheels. Dany has done literally nothing worth shit between Khal Drogo dying and now.
>>
>>86781924
link me the reddit thread so I can upvote this pic
>>
>>86781924

>GRRM stops writing
>D&D are hacks and need to produce something that at least works
>even fucking Tyrion gets ruined because they don't know how to write a smart, cunning, and witty character
>turn him into Dany's jester who gets everything wrong while she's a strong women because they know people will HAVE to like that
>>
>>86782098
I can understand them wanting to end it. Emilia got huge for some reason and now they can't even force her to do nude. They can't get rid of her and risk their show falling of a cliff. They can't lower her salary and risk a shitstorm with her leaving

I bet they'll kill her character off out of spite by the end of it.
>>
>>86781924
because D&D are hack frauds who have to do this on their own since they dont have a book and George to take them by the hand and guide them. It must piss george off to see his series he worked so hard on go from a really good tv show to this failed abortion of a meme that is made solely to illicit fucking snaps from hipster faggots with "you go girl!" moments
>>
>>86782237
Should've killed her by the end of this season.

"Shock" all the fans and to save a ton of money going forward. The fanbase is dumb enough to keep paying for the next season despite YAAAAASSSSS QUEEEEEEEN dying off.
>>
>>86782198
Remember when I thought Peter Dinklage was a talented actor? Now I couldn't care less if his career dies after GoT. His delivery of his lines has become laughable. Aaron Paul had a better run for fuck's sake.
>>
>>86782259
If that faggot gave a fuck he would have concluded it all by the time season 3 started like he initialy said.

Fuck that guy
>>
>>86782287

He was pretty good in the station agent. Its pretty clear he hates this job now, probably because he has to fly to some remote castle in scotland and then to cambodia or whatever the fuck to deliver shitty pseudo Machiavellian dogshit lines in a shitty fake British accent. I bet he probably came up with some ideas to help D&D write his character since they dont have george and then they just shot him down.

I really want to see what those two faggots make next just so I can see how shitty it is and just so everyone realize how crap they actually are
>>
>>86781924
>show of literally nothing happens for 6 seasons

>things start happening
>omg rushed!
>>
>>86782674

this
>>
>>86782674
>show of literally nothing happens for 6 seasons
well, yeah. they've already established that events occur at a glacial pace over the last 6 seasons, now everything is happening at once. maybe it isn't "rushed" but compared to what people are used to I can see how they'd feel that way.
>>
>>86782177
Everything she did is important to her character
>>
>>86782198
why do showfags keep parroting this stupid bullshit
>>
>>86782674
nobody gives a shit about "happening" when every character has been raped to death and the dialogue is gutter trash, there's no emotional pay off because its all rushed garbage

and season 4 is literally the most eventful season of the entire show so shut the fuck up you stupid nigger
>>
>>86782674
>>show of literally nothing happens for 6 seasons
What? More main characters were killed off on GoT than any other show I can possibly think of

If you think nothing happens on GoT then I can see why Better Call Saul has such a low viewerbase if you represent the average TV fan's patience level
>>
>>86782185
https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6uppff/game_of_thrones_season_7_pacing/
>>
>>86783139
>https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/
>First entry is Bobbyposting
I though y'all hated reddit?
>>
>>86783247
Only newfags hate reddit
>>
>>86782451
Keep an eye out for Confederate then, that's their next HBO project. An alternate timeline US where the Confederacy won and slave labor meets modern corporations. I'm sure it won't be SJW propaganda
>>
>>86782287

Why are you dragging Aaron Paul into this as if his performance in BB wasn't consistent from start to finish?
>>
>>86782674
>having so much ADD that you can't pay attention unless there are EBIN DRAGONZ on screen
>>
>>86781924
Me having become something of a more casual fan this year, really did appreciate the lack of Tyrion/Jamie making fart noises and sand whores talking about bad pussy but maybe some psycho is missing it.
>>
Someone once mentioned that previoisly the characters were motivated personalitywise, that their choices were part of what you could percieve as part of who they were whe 're as now they make choices simply to move from a to b without getting their personality properly involved.
>>
>>86782098

HBO has no issue with the cost. GOT makes them a fortune. They wanted more episodes and more seasons. D&D are the ones that want it to be over.
>>
>>86781924
since s3, theres been an ever-increasing desire for each episode to have a "holy shit" moment that will drive the crowd wild. they simply cant have an episode where everyone just talks and nothing really happens
>>
>>86782278
That's a risk too great to take
>>
>>86781924
D&D are lost without the books or GRRM to guide them.
And they won't admit it.

Should have set the show on pause after S4.
>>
>>86783559
it almost feels like they had a book that was written from multiple character's perspectives as if to give us incentive to understand their actions and now it's just two douchebags freeballing it
>>
>>86783601
Why didn't HBO fire them and hire a new showrunner?
>>
>>86781990
Plenty of people I know once complained that they would rather have less eps but with more quality, I always felt you might need those moments to build and motivate your characters and to let the viewer brew on their possible motivations.

I think it failed mainly cause with the books as guidelines you understand how a character 'feels', you understand the pov character's thoughts. Now this guide is gone and d&d only has a list of how to's and have to improvise the rest. Apparently they severely suck at the improvise part.

Grr is also a lazy cunt for still not finishing his books, might be he is observing and possibly changing his shit anyway.

Honestly I wouldn't blame the actors too much, yes they are terrible but you can't rush production, write a shit script and then expect them to do a same average job as earlier when you had the time to guide them by the hand.
>>
>>86783001
your show is shit and you are a faggot
>>
>>86783845
Because D&D are the best. Haven't you noticed the quality of the last few seasons?
>>
>>86781924
It's for the best actually. The show went off the rails after it surpassed Martins' books so imagine if we had to endure like 3-4 more seasons of D&D's jewish "nailed it" bullshit.
>>
File: [screams externally].gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
[screams externally].gif
929KB, 264x320px
>>86781924
They ran out of books so they just went straight through all the notes GRRM gave them about how he was planning to end the series.
>>
>>86783247
>website rivalries

It was fun back in 2006 when everyone hated ebaumsworld, but it's gotten old.
>>
>>86782343
this
we'll be lucky to ever see WoW, let alone finish the series
>>
>>86785434
thanks reddit
>>
>>86782060
you mean 3 and a half seasons? Besides George is more to blame than D&D
>>
>>86785434
ebaumsworld deserved and still deserves to be mocked and ridiculed.
>>
>>86781990
>>86781924
Anyone have a working link to the leak of finale?
>>
>>86782909
Yeah as a consolation prize. When GRRM wrote the first book he inteded the series to be only a trilogy, that's why the first season tells basically one third of a whole story. Danaerys was supposed to land in Westeros when the second book started but he decided to make the series much longer and literally had to make up something else for her to do every book, which equates to nothing more than her wandering around the desert 'learning about herself' in a plotline that truly has nothing to do with anything else in the series. The story is basically good enough but it's a fact that it was all a change that GRRM didn't plan for because he couldn't follow through so quickly with Danaerys' storyline or else the series would end sooner than he'd like.
>>
>>86787961
Yeah none of the books were ever as well paced out as the first one. I wouldnt even count the third one since it was just a giant climax off the second one.
>>
>>86781924
Can a kind anon hook me up with the gif/webm of the wildling extra fighting absolutely nothing?
>>
>>86783077
better call saul is really fucking boring though
>>
>>86782098
As if the investment wasnt fullt repais
Fucking kikes
>>
Nothing happened in the first 6 seasons
>>
because the writers don't have decent source material to copy and also hbo jews decided to cut the last 2 seasons down to 7 episodes each for reasons
>>
>>86781924
Winter came
>>
>>86782278
>kill Daenerys
>dragons go to John Snow
>fanbase likes it
???
>>
Because to go from the end of season 6 to the end of the series in 14 episodes is ridiculoud. Sad!
>>
>>86781924
>shit nigga, we're reaching the final and everything is unresolved. better get done with it while shitting on everything we build over the last 6 years
>>
File: Davos omw.jpg (97KB, 496x818px) Image search: [Google]
Davos omw.jpg
97KB, 496x818px
>>86781924
Because if it was any slower the people in the pub wouldn't be able to stay awake.
>>
>>86782674

stick to videogames
>>
Because D&D know the ending but not how to get there so now every script reads like a check list of things the show needs to get to that point, rather than arriving at it naturally through the actions and reaction of the characters involved.
>>
>>86782674
>>86782758
low iq normies needing constant action scenes to distract them, the political aspect is too boring and slow for them to follow.
>>
File: 1503535704688.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1503535704688.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>86783303
>>
Because D&D impatiently want to Jew out to the max on Confederate, and GoT is too white for them in the age of Trump
>>
>>86781924
The main cast renegotiated contracts paying 7 figures per episode.
>>
>>86783331
It's gonna tank collosally. Nobody asked for this show and the fact that two ((white)) guys run it is going to cause a twitter shit storm. Also they clearly just came up with it while coked out of their minds there's no way this is something they planned out and have multiple seasons of plots for.
>>
File: 383917.jpg (173KB, 2000x1922px) Image search: [Google]
383917.jpg
173KB, 2000x1922px
>>86782237
>I bet they'll kill her character off out of spite by the end of it.

It's funny how killing someone off is basically cucking them like crazy. Because they still have to act the scene while knowing it's basically her getting fired, which makes it all the more painful.
>>
>>86787167
So does reddit desu
>>
>>86782909
she has literally not changed at all since the end of season 1
>>
>>86781924
>George didn't write the book
>Show catches up to the last book
>Too big of a hit to wait for the fat ass to finish writing
>George gives D & D basic synopsis of how the story goes from there
>No actual script to quote scenes from or to create visuals based on descriptions
>No way of padding out scenes and having meaningful dialogue
>They were only given key points so the show only shows key points and there is no adequate transition between them now
>>
>>86791009
>siege of king's landing
>the red wedding
>battle of bastards
>oberyn vs the mountain
>jjoffrey’s death

Enough stuff happened and even the slower episodes where interesting because of all the political shenanigans/intrigues. The current pacing is just retarded
>>
>>86797218
I don't think you can blame GRRM on this. d&d are fucking atrocious writers and its their fault alone that the show is terrible now
>>
>>86781924
Because I think HBO is slashing the budget to the series, and D&D no longer have any source material to work with.
>>
>>86797366
Oh my bad it does read like I think it is purely GRRM's fault. No I agree, D&D are shit, but they can't even make a halfway decent presentation this time around in part to George.
>>
>>86795706
She did, exactly in this season. Which is at least 3 seasons too late to buy into the cold-hearted bitch fits she's throwing nowadays.
>>
>>86781924
season one and two were great. season 3, 4, and 5 were terrible, nothing happened, characters didnt interact, story lines stagnated or just fell off completly.
season 6 was better but had to wrench some storylines into place to get ready to go off book.
season 7 has been fun but is a little rushed
mostly watching for production value and gf loves it
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.