[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what Show fucked up more in their later seasons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11

what Show fucked up more in their later seasons
>>
GoT may have jumped the shark but at least its got cool set pieces. Dexter was pants on head retarded.
>>
My only knowledge of GoT is that its about a bunch of women who run kingdoms and are worshipped and followed by men who have had their nuts cut off.

No wonder /tv/ enjoys it. They see themselves in it, lol.
>>
>>86781923
This. For all the bad acting and the retarded plot, GoT still looks amazing.
>>
Game of Thrones is as bad as Dexter but has had a bigger drop off. It's not like this is unique though, hugely popular shows like Sons of Anarchy had just as many awful seasons as Game of Thrones has now had.
>>
Sons of Anarchy
>>
Dexter and its not even close
>>
I don't think anything can top zombie simpsons in terms of this.
>>
>>86782065
god damn beat me to it
>>
Dexter. It may be hard to remember, but Dexter season 1 was genuine quality television. It also fell way harder and further down than GoT. Dexter season 8 was indescribably terrible.
>>
>>86782052
no it doesnt

it looks like shit, the production value has fallen off a cliff
>>
>>86782100

Name a show with better production value
>>
>Comparing anything to Dexter
No show has fallen off as hard. If you can find anything that compares I'll honestly be impressed. Maybe The Simpsons but that one's a little more understandable, that shit should have ended long ago.
>>
File: californication.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
californication.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
Watch an episode of the first season then an episode of the last season. It's not even the same show.
>>
GoT

Dexter's final season was a comedic masterpiece
>>
>>86781846
WAAAAAAH NORMIES GOT AHOLD OF MY SHIT TIER FANTASY SOAP OPERA
FUCKING REDDIT REEEEEEE
>>
>>86782132

Heros after season 1.
>>
>>86782122
The Man in The High Castle
>>
>>86781984
Sure thing, kid.
>>
>>86781846
Boardwalk Empire completely shit the bed in it's final season.
>>
File: george-r-r-martin-655637.jpg (135KB, 640x884px) Image search: [Google]
george-r-r-martin-655637.jpg
135KB, 640x884px
What's the tax policy of the dragon cunt? All I hear is how she wants to create a "better world", but they sure don't go into details.
>>
>>86782175
I thought it had a pretty great final episode actually, and I enjoyed the final season. It doesn't come close to either of OP's show, regardless.
>>
>>86782160
this
>>
>>86782143
was it all a metaphor?
>>
>>86782216

Too each his own I guess, I though it was so redundant. The showed flashbacks of stuff we already know happened. We heard Jimmy's mom got raped by the Mayor guy in like season, so they showed it to us 6 seasons later to build character for a dead character?
>>
>>86782160
Heroes is the most disappointing show for me. If only because it was the first show that actually made me interested in TV.
>>
be humble, other shows, sit down
>>
The Walking Dead
>>
>>86782166
Fucking lol
>>
>>86782482
Yeah, but shows like Dexter and GoT started out really great, not "slightly above average"
>>
>>86781846
Homeland
>>
>>86781846
Black Sails
>>
>>86782495
1 great season, 1 good season. At the end of season 3 you knew you don't have to watch it anymore.
>>
>>86782330
Well, I felt it was more like when Nucky really fell from grace with Gillian (and later Jimmy) being the stains on his soul. I thought the scenes with young Nucky were pretty beautifully shot. It reminded me of something like Purgatory, where we revisit his sins as his death approaches. It wasn't really for Gillian's character so much as for Nucky's. Then finally, he gets killed by the orphan he basically helped to create. His guilt was very evident from season 1 as well. All in all I felt it was actually decent closure for a character that seemed well developed.
>>
>>86782482
See, we need to have a caveat here. "Zombie" shows shouldn't count. Supernatural could have ended and it didn't. GoT couldn't really have ended before the story was told, and Dexter arguably could have ended earlier but there were more books out/etc.

The opposite of this would I guess be Justified, which lived well past the book that spawned it and was great.
>>
>>86781846
BrBa is the worst offender 1st and 2nd seasons were top notch, 3rd and 4th had cheesy, dumb side plots and some prototypical baddies (Not Gus) but were still good, and then the 5th season was absolute trash both 5a and 5b just absolutely shat the bed with cheesy bullshit lines and irrational changes in character without any sort of internal debate present within said characters. Disgraceful really.
>>
>>86782093
Season 4 is, by far, the best season of Dexter and honestly season 3 was one of the worst.
>>
File: please help me.jpg (49KB, 642x360px) Image search: [Google]
please help me.jpg
49KB, 642x360px
>>86782175
You're wrong, one of the most complete conclusions I have ever seen in a show and it perfectly communicated the themes the entire show was going for.
>>
House of Cards

THE SECRETARY HAS FALLEN!
>>
>>86782166
That's fucking hilarious mate.

That show LITERALLY looks like washed-out garbage
>>
Girls and The Walking Dead
>>
>>86782206
No no, she wants to break the wheel.
>>
>>86783120
>Dexter arguably could have ended earlier but there were more books out/etc
they stopped following the books after season 2. Also the books got even worse than the later seasons if you believe it
>>
File: days gone by.jpg (25KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
days gone by.jpg
25KB, 600x338px
>>86781846
The biggest drop off in the history of television is from the very first episode of The Walking Dead to everything after it. The first episode is basically a masterpiece of short film; top tier pacing, atmosphere, writing, production, it's nearly a perfect little work of pure kino. Then the next episode is pretty average, and it just goes to shit with everything after that and never even comes close to good again.
>>
File: Dexter.S08E12.jpg (82KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
Dexter.S08E12.jpg
82KB, 848x480px
>>86781846
>HANNAH AND HARRISON ARE SAFE IN ARGENTINA
>MANAGED TO GET OUT OF THE US WITH NO PROBLEMS
>JOIN THEM? NAH
>BETTER GROW A BEARD AND BECOME A LUMBERJACK IN BUMFUCK ALASKA FOR NO REASON
Dexter finale was retarded as fuck.
>>
>>86784332
This, I usually end every show I start even if it sinks in quality because of my autism, but TWD went from good to interesting to utter shit faster than anything I've ever seen
>>
>>86783871
Season 4 was only good because of Trinity. Watch it again, all the B-plots are really boring.
>>
>>86784332
The pilots for TWD and Westworld are both excellent, in a bubble. But the shows they spawned are the most generic shit ever.

Did creative changes hands in these shows, what the fuck happened?
>>
>>86781846
Dexter got so bad I stopped watching that shit. Got despite bad writing still miles ahead.
>>
>>86784332
> fire director after season 1
> everything goes to shit
I wonder why
>>
>>86784516
Westworld didn't have the black whore as a protgaonist. I swear, take her out and the show becomes so much better. Every theme explored in her storyline was explored in other storylines so much better.
>>
True Blood when it went SJW out of nowhere by literally using Vampires as a metaphor for gays/ refugees and even making a church the bad guys.
>>
>>86783778
yep. the worst episode was the fly one where the whole episode was the two sat in a room saying pretentious monologues like they're in a uni theatre production. pure self indulgence
>>
>>86782851
The ending was weak but still way better than most shows
>>
>>86784599
It was pretty clearly added in after; whether or not it was always destined to be pointless filler is another question entirely. Her storyline is entirely tangential and has no real relation to the main arc except MiB's involvement which is incidental at best.
>>
>>86784681
>caught in the pleb filter
>>
File: Season4isNotCanon.jpg (80KB, 613x350px) Image search: [Google]
Season4isNotCanon.jpg
80KB, 613x350px
This
>>
Please point me to a scene in GoT equal to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In42LG4VKEI

Im waiting...
>>
>>86784771
Pleb opinion: The Fly is bad because I don't get it
Normie opinion: The Fly is good because it talks about theme
Patrician opinion: The Fly is garbage because although it talks about the theme it doesn't actually go anywhere with it and is just restating bullshit we already know, both boring us to death and failing to introduce anything new/uncover anything previously hidden from the audience
>>
>>86784332
>short film

The first episode was feature length.
>>
>>86784825
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXZ2mTVwaNs
>>
>>86784516
>>86784572
This.

When you start with a director and writing staff that worked on Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption and fire them, it'll only go downhill.

The governor arc was decent, but those were the only episodes worth much after season 1.
>>
>>86784816
The recent season had both the best and worst episodes of the show. The ones that focused around the funnier characters (particularly GOB) were amazing but then there's also fucking Maeby and George Sr. episodes. Hard for me to judge it honestly
>>
>>86784853
The point was Walt knew Jessie was stealing and wanted to scare him into stopping without telling him he knew.
>>
>>86784391
He's like the most prolific known serial killer in history, and he's at large. He can't be around his son because if they discover him the government will put him in fucking foster care or some garbage.
>>
>>86785109
>Implying it wasn't mainly based around cockteasing Walt confessing his role in manipulating Jesse's life
>>
>>86781846
Got has 3 1/2 good seasons Dexter has 2 1/2 GOT has to do some pretty terrible shit in the next season for it to be as bad as Dexter got.
>>
>>86784255
Book 3 was weird and 7 was awful, but the other ones were pretty decent.
Haven't read 8 though since 7 was just way too fucking bad.
>>
Community
>>
i have Dexter poster on my wall, season 8 is the biggest abortion ever aired on television

post season 4 GoT is a gutter trash disgrace as well tho, it's a tough call
>>
entourage got pretty fucking bad by the end
>>
File: gameofthrones_s7_e4_3-all.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gameofthrones_s7_e4_3-all.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>86782100
>>
GOT's loss of quality is more like House than Dexter.
>>
>>86781846
Dexter was shit after Season 2
>>
>>86786997
season 4 with lithgow is arguably very good
>>
>>86783935
This.
>>
>>86786997
season 3 wasn't good but how dare you try to say that about season 4
>>
>>86781984
I'm going to rape you in your safespace hole
>>
File: 1502764262809.gif (3MB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
1502764262809.gif
3MB, 400x221px
>>
>>86784853
Due it was a filler episode
There's nothing patrician about your autistic ravings
>>
>>86784771
The worst part about The Fly is that it's the one single filler episode in the entire series. It just breaks up the pacing for no reason.
>>
Dexter. Got may have lost quality, but still follows some logical thought. There are seasons of Dexter that can't logically coexist in the same universe
>>
>>86782143
This had such a strong start too. Always hated Karen though, really felt like a pity that i ended up hating his kid too. Just wanted him to get with that whore trixy in the end.
>>
>>86786997
1 > 4 > 2 > everything else
>>
>>86781984
Wait, is /tv/ a majority women board?
>>
No show will ever fall from grace as much as Dexter. GoT has some degradation in continuity but it's still fun to watch and entertaining. Dexter just gets so utterly repetitive and played out.
>>
>>86781846
Obviously The Simpsons
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.