[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong with GoT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: jon-dany-incest-.jpg (43KB, 637x397px) Image search: [Google]
jon-dany-incest-.jpg
43KB, 637x397px
What went wrong with GoT?
>>
>>86762314
season 1 ended
>>
>>86762314
I actually can tolerate their scenes I find myself physically skipping any scenes with arya now.
>>
>>86762314
It went from a show where major characters die when they did stupid things to heavily plot armored characters that survive even the most retarded scenarios.
>>
>>86762314

Normies
It's gone from a dialogue heavy political drama to an action orientated Scooby Doo show
>>
File: 1503251584091.jpg (357KB, 1200x1781px) Image search: [Google]
1503251584091.jpg
357KB, 1200x1781px
>>86762980
I sort of see why
Arya'so edgy now you want to punch her inbred face, these two are just bland and boring af
>>
File: 1500226060354.gif (2MB, 408x343px) Image search: [Google]
1500226060354.gif
2MB, 408x343px
>>86762314
It got made in the first place
>>
>>86763055
I love this meme in all its forms.
>>
It's still good. We're just not used to the slight decline in quality yet. S1 to S4 was god tier, now it's dipped and is merely just ''great'' but some people just spaz over it.
>>
>>86762314
I think they fucked themselves with the timeline. Instead of giving themselves two full seasons to show well-written, badass, not-shitty versions of the war in the south and the great war they gave themselves 13 episodes to show us campy condensed versions of both.

also they stopped introducing new tits. mostly that desu
>>
>>86762980
I really want to punch her Quasimodo face. Fucking little shit forgot how to act. She would act 1000x better in season 1-2-3. Whatever the shit that crackwhore took made her reset her brain. Fucking slut. I can't stand to hear her male voice made by excessive smoking. Fucking shit.
>>
>>86762314
>>86762314
Nothing? This season and series has been a rollercoaster ride of awesomeness. The only bad part is dorne IMHO.
>>
It turned out that a few months is not enough to write a good ending to a tv series based on source material planned for years.
>>
File: 146957297346.gif (1MB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
146957297346.gif
1MB, 264x264px
>>86763190
>slight decline in quality
>>
>>86762314
We got spoiled with very excellent court drama

now that magic is being forced feed down our throats unlike before its just small doses
>>
>>86762314
GRRM not giving D&D any material to adapt.
>>
>>86762314
I have a mate who's a big bookfag like myself and he summed it up pretty well: GoT was supposed to be a political drama set in a mythical world where the larger events of the world were important and not the specific characters themselves. Not every important event was seen in even in the show originally, and the main characters weren't involved in everything. It has become, by public demand, an action thing in which what is happening to the characters is important. The main characters are always driving, influencing and involved in the larger political motions of the world. This is why the cast is constantly being thinned - to make it easier to focus on a small group of "main" heroes. This is why characters apparently jet around Westeros now. Because it's about what's happening to them and not the complex politics of a fantasy world.
>>
Too white, jon should be recasted as a sexy black bull with a 9inch cock
>>
Any chance I can fuck my Aunt before this show ends?
>>
>>86764320
>GoT was supposed to be a political drama set in a mythical world where the larger events of the world were important and not the specific characters themselves.

Except for the fact that GRRM himself said that Jon and Daenerys are the key to the story and them meeting up is going to be one of the most important moments in the entire series.
>>
>>86764415
That's a rumor created by fanfic loving redditors, literally no proof
>>
>>86762314
They can't stop it leaking.
The finale leaked today
>>
>>86762314
Nothing. To most people it's never been better than it is right now, only bookfags and contrarian edge lords on /tv/ act like they hate it cause they think it makes them seem "patrician" but even they can't hide the fact that if it was really shit they wouldn't be still talking about it all the fucking time.
>>
File: tYJOkiq.gif (501KB, 255x276px) Image search: [Google]
tYJOkiq.gif
501KB, 255x276px
>>86762314

>ran out of source material
>probably spent years preparing the script, casting roles and adapting the material for season 1 vs doing the same shit while already shooting the current season
>dramatis personae always expanding in the books, new players join "the game" all the time, or we get new PoVs from already known characters, not enough room for all of them on TV so several characters are fused or left out, makes the "scope" of the whole thing smaller
>show generally treats viewers like drooling retards leaving the show bland and uninteresting to anyone who possesses a modicum of intelligence
>>
>>86764415
I think Jon and Dany being important characters is fine. But I've heard about what as happened in the seasons since I stopped watching:
>Arya murdering the Freys
>Jaime charging at Dany and getting knocked off his horse just in time by Bron

These are prime examples of what I'm talking about.
>>
>>86764456
Not that anon but I remember he was asked which 2 pov he would cut the story if he had to, and he said it would be Jon's and Dany's
>>
>>86764456
>I remember when I was doing Season 1 and we were on location in Malta, and George R. R. Martin came to visit. He was sitting in a chair, and he was being really quite open about things that were to come…Anyways, he alluded to the fact that Jon and Dany were the point, kind of. That, at the time, there was a huge, vast array of characters, and Jon was a lowly, you know, bastard son. So it wasn’t clear to us at the time, but he did sort of say things that made it clear that the meeting and the convergence of Jon and Dany were sort of the point of the series.
>http://deadline.com/2017/08/game-of-thrones-spoilers-recap-kit-harington-emilia-clarke-alan-taylor-beyond-the-wall-season-7-hbo-1202152264/
>>
File: 1503354191731.jpg (74KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1503354191731.jpg
74KB, 640x640px
>>86763190
>still good
>slight decline in quality
>merely just ''great''
>>
>>86764528
Arya poisoning the Freys makes sense, she trained for years to be a magical assassin and now she's on a path of revenge. Arya coming back to Winterfell to stir shit just so Littlefinger has something to do makes no sense.
>>
>>86762314
They went past the books and "creative freedom" took over. Main "heroes" have become immortals that conquer any obstacle with ease. Show turned into a shitty sjw soap opera.
>>
>>86764535
>a literal who making up shit
>proof
Show GRRM saying this and I will believe it
>>
>>86764586
Also they are rushing things way too fast. Instead of nice pace, characters are teleporting around the world from one major scene to another. S1-2 had long interesting conversations and char building. Now it's like they are just poorly tying up storylines and rushing toward the end.
>>
>>86764632
>being this much in denial

the series is literally called "a song of ICE and FIRE", jesus christ, how dumb can one person fucking be
>>
>>86764565
The whole point of becoming a faceless man is that you abandon yourself, which was ultimately the path that Arya was supposed to be on. While I wouldn't put it past GRRM to give up on that story entirely and send her to Westeros (he seems to have lost the plot at this point), having her go there just to train and become a badass and return and avenge her family is like something from a show like The Walking Dead or Supernatural, not a fantasy political drama.

If Ned had been put on the chopping block in Season 7, the executioner would have been shot at the last minute with a flaming arrow and Jon Snow would have emerged from the crowd.
>>
>>86764586
They passed the books because they ignored 90% of the most redpilled plotlines because they knew the brainwashed show audience wouldn't understand it
>>
>>86764685
I agree with your second point but completely disagree with the first one. Arya's entire thing was always revenge, she was just using the faceless men of braavos to learn their skills, she never actually wanted to become one of them.
>>
>>86763035
This
>>
>>86764666
>believing every shit you read online because it fits with your super cute shipping!
There's at least another 5 perfect theories about why the series is called like that
>>
>>86762314
(((DABID)))
>>
>>86764749
>super cute shipping
>implying the reveal that jon is the rightful heir to the throne doesn't confirm a marriage between them
>implying that giving the throne to someone who clearly doesn't want it isn't the only logical conclusion to the story
>>
>>86764685
From season 2 onwards she always had a list of targets and always talked about revenge. She was always supposed to come back to westeros however the books will be alot different. In the book version I expect her to only arrive at westeros during the great dragonpit meeting or book equivilant or something like that.
>>
So what they are setting up for with Brienne is that Cersei will want to hurt her for some reason and Jaime has to decide whether to stop her or not.
>>
>>86764827
>tfw can't greentext
>>
They are amazing at adapting what seemed like an unadaptable work when it started. Unfortunately, they are out of material to adapt and now it reeks of your average tv fantasy. Remember when Jaime and Breienne went on a long walk for an entire season? It's hard to even consider what we are watching the same show now. In a perfect world this show should run for 12 seasons. But they want to move on to their epic civil war bullshit so they are 'yada yada'ing everything that we loved about Game of Thrones so it can just end. Faggots should have just handed it over to someone else if they wanted to phone in this season. What a fucking disappointment.
>>
>>86764740
>>86764862
The list of targets was a pretty basic character arc. Her entire character has been built upon the desire for revenge and she is pretty obviously eventually going to have to accept that revenge is a petty concept and death is dealt out in much more arbitrary ways than "because this person deserves it".
>>
>>86765015
But in ASOIAF fashion she would learn her lesson tragically only after going through with her revenge plan.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.