[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This could honestly be made into a really great movie if done right.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

This could honestly be made into a really great movie if done right.
>>
A philmed doc about the phenomenon of phreaking would be phantastic, pham.
>>
>>86756747
phuck...
>>
no it couldn't
>>
What kind of movie? An inevitable biopic? An entire movie shot in this style with a guy rambling for 2 hours? A horror flick where he's the villain? All of the above?
>>
Maybe a conspiracy theory series.
>>
>>86756789
A suspenseful drama that flips between the hijacker and the broadcasting company, I suppose. Or maybe not show the hijacker at all, since we don't actually know who he was.
>>
>>86756706
I saw the local Chicago news,nbc, when some dude took over the signal,non cable, and and max headroom showed his but. This happened twice so the butt part may have been another time. I think one time he just did a head bobble,it was a non event it was antenna tv and most people thought the issue was on there end.
Probably on YouTube.
>>
>>86756931
It was kinda tracked down to a resident of the John Hancock building but never confirmed,that is an expensive place to live so maybe they thought that whoever could afford powerful enough equipment must have lived there. That is what was said after the commercial break.
>>
based trolls broadcasting real television instead of doctor shit
>>
>>86756789
A two scoops tv.
Hey guys,I'm political!
>>
>>86756706
>if done right.
Probably. But it would be hard to do it right without knowing who did it, or why. Without that, there isn't really much of a story behind the hijacking, just the event itself.
>>
It was already done right.
>>
>>86756706
There is one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089568/
>>
>>86756817
It would start that way.

It would evolve into horror
>>
>>86756706
Fincher with Sorkin could pull it off
>>
>>86757198
That's the source material itself, not about the incident.
>>
How would you conclude it? What are the stakes? It's interesting, but hardly movie-worthy.
>>
>>86757293
So a movie about a movie about a movie?

What if we make the movie, and then make a "behind the scenes" about the movie. Then we hack YouTube and embed the "behind the scenes" movie on every page. Of course, we'll have a cameraman to document the hacking, then we'll release a documentary about that: a movie about a movie about a movie about a movie about a movie.
>>
File: station.jpg (34KB, 629x461px) Image search: [Google]
station.jpg
34KB, 629x461px
>>86756706
Would this make a great movie?
>>
>>86756706
he shows up in black mirror (not the creepy hacker the actual guy)
>>
>>86757516
Jackson's King Kong sort of did this. I liked that approach.
>>
>>86757718
>your example of a metafilm is Peter Jackson's King Kong
lol
>>
>>86756706
It was a shitry TV show a long time ago.
>>
>>86756706
I think some sort of documentary that resolved in tracking the guy down would be the most interesting approach, but obviously that would hinge directly on whether or not someone could indeed track him down. I find it fascinating that a couple people went through such trouble and risk to do this and their entire endgame was just to broadcast bullshit. No threat, no deep message, just people dicking around on camera, the entire stunt apparently conducted just because they could and because they wanted to act like jackasses on camera. It seems like an early /b mentality, but back in 1987. I wonder if the guy(s) behind it will ever come forward. I assume the statute of limitations would prevent them from facing any charges at this point.
>>
File: IMG_1126.jpg (114KB, 1333x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1126.jpg
114KB, 1333x667px
>>86756706
>This could honestly be made into a really great movie if done right.
Of course it could. Look what HBO money did for this...
>>
>>86756747
This and numbers stations are two gold mines of creepiness that haven't been used to make a single good movie or TV show.
>>
>>86756706
>This
Which "this" are we talking about, OP? Max Headroom TV series or the event where the guy took over the TV signal wearing a Max Headroom mask?
>>
>>86758638
Pretty certain he meant the intrusion.
>>
>>86756706
I don't see how this is really creepy, more silly than anything
>>
>>86758638
Read the file name.
>>
>>86759641
If you saw it live as it went down, you'd probably be pretty scared I'd bet. I know I would have.
>>
>>86759888
Not him but fuck you.
Instead of the "I'm gonna prove I'm old and tell him to read the file name" you could have easily enough answered or just kept quiet. Go back to /b/ and tell people you are not there personal army,pussy.
>>
>>86756706
I agree anon

Max Headroom was almost too based for the 80's

But you just know (((they))) would turn it into some James Franco / Seth Rogan stoner comedy and culturally appropriate it till the story lost all impact... SAD
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.