[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of the Archie comics Riverdale?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7731.png (107KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7731.png
107KB, 350x197px
What does /tv/ think of the Archie comics Riverdale?
>>
File: cliffhanger.jpg (100KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
cliffhanger.jpg
100KB, 1366x768px
>It was the ultimate cliffhanger.

JUG-HEAD!!!!
>>
File: Lily.jpg (244KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Lily.jpg
244KB, 1080x1350px
>>86754817
>>
>>86754817
They blackwashed Josie. Enough reason to avoid it altogether.

There's a hoard of virgin waifufags that watch it here, though.
>>
>>86755000
I thought Josie was okay.
>>
>>86755000
The waifus are like a drug, anon
Every time you quit they drag you right back
>>
>>86755101
Who is best girl and why was it Valerie?
>>
It's the dumbest show on TV and people should be ashamed for watching it and making it.
>>
>>86755000
tbf the original comics were from the 60s and had a very whitewashed view of the world.
>>
Is it even close to the comics in story?
>>
>>86755195
>very whitewashed view of the world.
So? Just because the world has changed does not excuse changing established characters to better fit your view of "diversity".

You want more black characters? Create new ones. It's not that fucking hard.
>>
>>86754963
>Lili Reinhart was born in Cleveland, Ohio
>53.3% black population
>>
>>86755258
There's a good chance that those characters would've been PoCs if the franchise was created today, though.
You either adapt with the times to represent reality, or you sink.
>>
>>86755370
But the franchise wasn't created today.

>unironically using "PoC"
>>
>>86755447
Of course, but the show is set in modern times.
>>
>>86755504
Are you trying to imply that in 2017 you literally can't find a group of friends that's all white?
>>
>>86755519
Pretty much all characters are still white. Apart from Veronica, Reggie and the cats, they didn't change anyone's race.
>>
>>86755602
No one's race should ever be changed. Not a black character into white or a white into black or any other race.
>>
File: IMG_6068.jpg (93KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6068.jpg
93KB, 625x625px
>>86755195

>came from a whitewashed world

Whitewashed means characters of color become all white you dumb porch nigger. Like the Last Airbender movie. Archie was already just all white characters because the school they went to didn't have niggers shitting in an outhouse outside and drinking in a separate fountain. It's not like those characters became white.
>>
>>86755692
Whatever, man, I don't really think that much about race.
It's supposed to be in an alternate timeline where Ms. Grundy is a hot milf, FP Jones is a gang member, Veronica isn't a bitch and Jughead is an r9k-poster.
A few characters being of a different race doesn't seem that jarring to me.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.