[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advertisements pretending to be Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: book_of_eli_ver2[1].jpg (64KB, 511x755px) Image search: [Google]
book_of_eli_ver2[1].jpg
64KB, 511x755px
I think about this concept once in a while. Obvious brand placement all over the place. A character's name is a god damn car.
>>
This movie I enjoyed the first time I watched. Second time I watched with a different group of friends and noticed the heavy brand force feeding much more.

>REDBULL, DUCATI, FUCKING COSTCO
>>
Any other good examples? I'm not usually a /tv/ person, I've hardly watched any movies in the past couple years.
>>
>>86753947
I liked The Book of Eli
>>
>>86754164
I liked it, too. I think I saw it after my experience with Yes Man, and that made me more observant to the ads. It's still a pretty good movie.
>>
>>86754441
I think they hit the post apocalyptic feel very well.
Only wish there'd been some other media to establish the story, wonder what other shit Eli went through.
>>
>>86753947
Care to expound?
>>
File: The Internship.jpg (158KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
The Internship.jpg
158KB, 1280x1024px
>>
https://youtu.be/R_Lqznlm_XY

Video related
>>
>>86753947
>>
>>86753947
>A character's name is a god damn car.

You must be really autistic if you think character's names are product placement. I hope you never visit a strip club, you'd kill yourself first time Mercedes flashes her tits in front of you.
>>
>>86755206
the funniest part is 2 white guys getting an internship at google without having a stem phd
>>
>>86753947

Adam Sandler movies.
>>
>>86755103
Not OP but I think Denzel is wearing Beats headphones in the movie.
>>
>>86756130
And uses an iPod.
>>
>>86756130
>>86756173
so now anytime someone is shown using any product ever it's product placement and not just that character using that product?
>>
The entire Happy Madison catalog
>>
File: Gallery For _ Superman Faora.png (1MB, 1269x583px) Image search: [Google]
Gallery For _ Superman Faora.png
1MB, 1269x583px
>>86753947
>>
I, Robot is probably the best sneaker commercial I have ever watched.
>>
>>86756211
that is super rare and pretty much only in true kino like the Sopranos.

No movie out of modern hollywood with a brand name product in it has that particular brand name by accident.
>>
>>86756211
The iPod is understandable since it's the most popular portable music player of all time but the Beats headphone thing is pretty egregious when you watch the movie.
>>
>>86756266
>damn I'm in the future and sheeit but at least I still got my converses and sony stereo system
>>
Everyone should just use fake made-up brands. Sure it will break immersion and won't look realistic, but at least people will stop bitching about product placement.
>>
File: global elite vs silvers.webm (2MB, 854x360px) Image search: [Google]
global elite vs silvers.webm
2MB, 854x360px
>>86756258
>>
>>86756295
it was really weird to see what I think was an iPod in baby driver (I don't know what an iPod looks like) because no one has iPods anymore
>>
>>86754034
Wow its as if lthose things exists in real if
>>
>>86756299
they can use brands without it being product placement. They just don't
>>
File: apple-ipod-shuffle.jpg (36KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
apple-ipod-shuffle.jpg
36KB, 770x433px
>>86756320
I was about to call you underage but you're probably like 19 and I just realized the iPhone came out 10 years ago. I actually still use an iPod Shuffle for running and working out.
>>
>>86756323
don't phonepost

Norman:
>"Got tons of it at Costco. You see, I've got an exclusive membership card. And with that card, I get access to the whole place. I can buy large quantities of anything at discount prices."

Allison:
>"Can't anyone get one of those cards?"

Norman:
>"No, don't think so. But I can talk to someone, if you'd like."

Carl:
>"Yeah, put in a good word for us. That would be great."
>>
>>86754753
He went though a lot of eerie techno music. Bought to you by the new Apple iPod.

https://g.co/kgs/aaSVvo
>>
File: mike_colter.0.0.jpg (88KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
mike_colter.0.0.jpg
88KB, 1200x800px
>>86756017
White Privilege
>>
>>86756395
Don't reddit space
>>
File: lol.so.retro.jpg (119KB, 1920x808px) Image search: [Google]
lol.so.retro.jpg
119KB, 1920x808px
>>
>>86756173
Well he's not going to use a fucking Zune
>>
>>86756306
what metal gear game is this from
>>
>>86756392
I'm 25 I just don't really know what an iPod looks like enough to differentiate it from other mp3 players
>>
Jurassic world..

Seriously, they had a fucking SAMSUNG research lab for genetics. One of the shittiest manufacturers with the worst software on android phones.
That's like nintendo going into cancer research using their name and mario logo.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.