[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the wrong with the new season? Is there genuine disdain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: rick and morty.png (768KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty.png
768KB, 1920x1080px
What's the wrong with the new season? Is there genuine disdain for it or do you guys act like this on every season only this time you get to use the excuse of "female writers"? I agree it does seem a litte of a step down but it's nowhere near the levels you guys are talking of
>>
>>86746248

I'M A PI*BEEELCH*CKLE, MORTY HEY MORTY I'M A PICKLE LOOK AT ME WOO WOOO WOO*BEEEEEELCH*OOO I'M A PICKLE MORTY YEAAAHHHH HAHA
>>
The characters arent themselves anymore. Especially Rick who actually took Jerry out on an adventure. S1/2 Rick would have never even considered it.
>>
Literally nothing, now that it's cool to not care about Rick & Morty /tv/ is just having a conniption trying to figure out which side to contrarian harder
>>
>>86747375
so characters should never develop at all and stay the same?
>>
>>86747440
No if the character types are the main focus of most of the jokes. And if you call Rick doing a 180 on Jerry "character development" and not shit writing, you are dumb.
>>
>>86747514
He didn't do a 180 on Jerry until the end of the adventure. Before it he was just doing it for Morty, who he's clearly been on cold terms with for a while now and we know deep down he actually likes him
>>
>>86747553
He would have never done it for such a small reason before. It goes against his character.
>>
>>86747632
Happened off-screen and after Rick had a minor breakthrough psychologically in the PICKLE RICKKKKKKK episode

Morty could have easily convinced him especially after the fuckup with the guardians of the galaxy guys
>>
The characters are nothing like the previous seasons and some of the dialogue sounds like it was written by passive aggressive feminists
>>
>>86747375
In the episode, Morty said he tricked Rick into bringing him on an adventure.
>>
literally nothing has changed about the fucking show its the same thing as before it just has a massive mainstream following now and its not edgy to like it anymore so all the hipsters hate it
>>
latest episode was much better than the previous few 2bh
>>
>show gets popular
>more people watching it
>have to dumb it down

simple, they did the same for Spartacus, Game of Thrones, Sopranos, LOST, etc.
>>
>>86747763

you know there's a reason for that.
>>
>>86747842

This.

There was a general contrarian vibe during S2 when people were up in arms that it wasn't S1. It's now S3 and people are putting S2 on a nostalgic pedestal.

It's underage morons trying to impress strangers on the Internet by not liking something. S3 has been solid and I've enjoyed it.
>>
1,4 and 5 were good.
2 and 3 were shit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.