[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depressing films disguised as comedy I'll start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (127KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 220x326px
Depressing films disguised as comedy
I'll start
>>
It's a coming of age film you pleb.
>>
>>86739633
No it's not, it's actual a retrospective look on teen years. The complete opposite of coming of age
>>
>>86739884
lol wot?
>>
>>86739884
>it's actual a retrospective look on teen years.
Yes, coming of age.
>>
File: op.png (846B, 125x116px) Image search: [Google]
op.png
846B, 125x116px
Actual retards
I'll start
>>
Actually, I hate that it's known as a "stoner flick". It's more than that.
>>
>>86739884
I get what you're saying, and I agree, but I think the phrase you were looking for is it's a "critical look at the American youth obsessed with hedonism in the 70s."
>>
>>86741542
No coming of age films tend to be nostalgic but not critical. Dazed and confused is not only critical of the behaviour of teens in the 70s but also of the idea of "coming of age" in of its self. The film forces the viewer to realise that the nostalgia one feels for the "best years of their life" is false and simply a coping mechanism. In reality your childhood and teen years were mundane and rather pointless. There's a reason why the film was released in the 90s not the 70s anon. The target audience were the mid 40s who would watch this expecting the nostalgia of coming of age films only to be soul crushingly depressed once the facade had been lifted
>>
>>86739603
People who graduated high school in 1976 are now 59 years old
>>
>>86744919
I get what you're saying. I guess the makers behind Dazed and Confused wanted to address the college years for the generation that grew up in the 80's with Everybody Wants Some.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.