[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Deer Hunter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: The_Deer_Hunter_poster.jpg (22KB, 229x350px) Image search: [Google]
The_Deer_Hunter_poster.jpg
22KB, 229x350px
Late to the party, just saw this movie last night for the first time at the recommendation of a friend. I thought it was brilliant, and the metaphorical storytelling was A+. Is it considered KINO? I never see people talking about it in the same light as similar Vietnam movies of the era
>>
>>86731578
People don't talk about it because it doesn't openly condemn the war as most other films, and shows Vietnamese soldiers as being barbaric
>>
>>86731578
>DUDE I'M ADDICTED TO RUSSIAN ROULETTE LMAO
nice 'Nam movie you got there
>>
People don't talk about it here because it's not a big shooty bam bam war film. /tv/ a pleb.
>>
.>>86731630
No, it's because it is preachy and includes an obnoxious 60min party scene.
>>
I've heard it has a super long opening. I'm yet to see it, although I particularly enjoy Vietnam films. It's not something that regularly shows up on streaming services or TV though.

I'm also not sure I'll like it. I get the impression it's similar in pacing and style to The Godfather, which I find very boring.
>>
>>86731578
It was boring as hell. The soundtrack was excellent though.
>>
I don't understand why the town scenes look like some foreign movies
>>
>>86731807
>>86731756
The first 60 minutes are very similar to The Godfather in terms of pacing. It could of been cut down 20 minutes or so, i'll admit
>>
>>86731578
>Is it considered KINO?
I hope not as it's a pretty good movie and "kino" is a word used by 14 year old reddittards
>>
>>86731743
>>86731756
>>86731807
>>86731845
>>86731846
>>86731867
>you share a board with these people
>>
>>86731743
It's a metaphor for combat you fucking tard.

It represents the principles of combat : One second you are alive, the next you're dead, and its ultimately down to chance.

The metaphor also, in my eyes, potrays the suspense of combat for the average civilian, as it gives us something to relate to. We can't relate to the horrors of war in an action sequence, but we can relate to it with something as intimate and as helpless feeling as the roulette.
>>
>>86732021
>not understanding that no movie is perfect
>>
>>86731578
Wtf i want a russian orthodox wedding now
>>
>>86732028
>you can die in war
holy shit that's deep
>>
>>86732021
>even after years of memeing against fedoras they keep coming
>>
>>86731578
overrated movie. first hour doesn't make the characters anymore likeable. No story behind them getting captured. ending was weak.
>still thought it was pretty good though
>>
File: deer.jpg (126KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
deer.jpg
126KB, 1920x816px
BIG SHOT
>>
>>86732109
It's about conveying that feeling of helplessness in a way that a typical combat sequence can't do

>tard
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.