[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just how low budget was Power Rangers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
Just how low budget was Power Rangers?
>>
>>86726791
under 9000
>>
File: PR Divatox has a penis.jpg (112KB, 872x598px) Image search: [Google]
PR Divatox has a penis.jpg
112KB, 872x598px
>>86726791
>created by a Jew
>not squeezing the worth out of every shekel
>>
The power rangers movie (1995) had a budget of like 10-15m and the production/aesthetic blew the TV series away. It was a world away from MMPR the show.

Honestly can't see it having been over $30,000 an episode. Max $50k. Also interesting that pretty much no one has starred in power rangers and had any sort of decent acting roles or career whatsoever. Low budget cast, crew, direction, writers etc.
>>
>>86726791
Super low. Most mask scenes were cut from the Japanese show so they mostly had to shoot the highschool and pre-morph scenes and voice dub the rest. Really quite brilliant by Saban.
>>
it was typical disposable trash kids tv that won't die because of the growing number of manchildren
>>
>>86727008
>Also interesting that pretty much no one has starred in power rangers and had any sort of decent acting roles or career whatsoever.
Isn't that because it was non-union show and SAG looks down on non-union actors? Or is that only WGA?
>>
>>86727124
>that fucking cheap foam dragon ranger shield
it looked terrible in the US shot stuff
>>
>>86728992
The suits themselves looked like shit too. I don't know how to describe it other than the Jap footage had the diamond sown into the fabric, while the US footage had the diamonds sown on top of the fabric, making the sides stick out at times.
>>
>>86729047
the neck-sock things in the US footage were also fucking giant and terrible looking
damn it Saban
>>
File: rangersunkmaskes.jpg (190KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
rangersunkmaskes.jpg
190KB, 1200x600px
>>86729126
Yeah they made it awkwardly thick, as opposed to a thin snow hood
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.