[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Mufasa and Scar weren't actually brothers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: 135435456466.jpg (61KB, 748x420px) Image search: [Google]
135435456466.jpg
61KB, 748x420px
>We all know the story of The Lion King – Mufasa was brutally murdered by his brother Scar is a fit of jealousy, leading to Mufasa’s song Simba running away before facing his fears and returning to save his homeland.

>Well, turns out this has been wrong the entire time as now the producers of the Disney classic Rob Minkoff and Don Hahn have revealed that in fact, Scar and Mufasa were never blood brothers.

>‘[While making the movie] we talked about the fact that it was very likely [the two] would not have both the same parents,’ Hahn has now admitted.

>'The way lions operate in the wil, when the male lion gets old another rogue lion comes and kills the head of the pride. What that does is it causes the female lions to go into heat [to reproduce], and then the new younger lion kills the king and then he kills all the babies. Now he’s the new lion that’s running the pride.’

>Hahn went on to tell Hello Giggles that the decision was well thought out, as the producers used ‘animal truths to underpin the story’.

>‘Occasionally there are prides that do have two male lions, in an interesting dynamic because they’re not equals [since they don’t have the same parents],’ he added.

>‘One lion will always kind of be off in the shadows. We were trying to use those animal truths to underpin the story so we sort of figured Scar and Mufasa couldn’t really be from the same gene pool. In fact, that’s what [Scar] says. There’s a line, he goes, “I’m from the shallow end of the gene pool” when he’s talking to Mufasa, when Mufasa gets mad at him for not coming up to the coronation of Simba.’

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/20/the-lion-kings-mufasa-and-scar-are-not-brothers-making-your-childhood-memories-wrong-this-entire-time-6865663/

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF NU-DISNEY
>>
>>86724434

bullshit, scar even calls simba his nephew
>>
>>86724434
/tv/ - Kids movies & shitty music
>>
File: 1497319753923.gif (963KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1497319753923.gif
963KB, 500x281px
>>86724496
>bullshit, scar even calls simba his nephew

The fucking backstory they wrote even says they have the same parents.

http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/A_Tale_of_Two_Brothers
>>
>>86724434
Not only this, but Mufasa actually came to the tribe as a refugee lion from a displaced tribe. Scar was part of a fascist supremacy movement to kick him out
>>
CHANGING THE CORE OF THE STORY REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Is it animal nature to speak English and gather around members of every species to watch a babboon hold up a new lion cub?
>>
was it a documentary?
>>
>>86724434
Kill yourself disney
>>
I fucking love science XD
>>
He was his brother because it's based on Hamlet. Who fucking cares if that's not what they do in the wild

How stupid are Disney producers?
>>
>>86726369
>How stupid are Disney producers?

Producers are idiots who don't know jack shit. They just finance things and think that entitles them to their 2 cents. Of course in 99.9% of cases the producers 2 cents is to kill creativity and to do something dumb instead.
>>
>>86726369
>He was his brother because it's based on Hamlet

But also based on real Lions. Even as a kid I knew this. It's clever.
>>
>>86725986
Mufasa is actually Mustafa
>>
>>86726574
WHAT?!
>>
>>86724434
This goes against what they did in the sequel, where they constantly reminded the viewer Kovu is not blood-related to Scar, because then the movie would be a romance between 1st cousins.
>>
>the hyenas represented America

mind blown
>>
I only really care about their kids teebaych. Those two insecure little faggots are cute as shit. I just wanna tie 'em up and pound the shit outta them.
>>
>>86724434
Why does this dynamic in nature of 2 lions ruling a pride require them to not be blood related? From a survival stand point it makes less sense if they aren't related. Somebody give me an archive link because I don't understand.
>>
It's also a known fact that in the wild if a young lion runs away from its pride, it will hang out with a meerkat and warthog and eat bugs.
>>
>>86726697
well maybe that's the reason, for the "live-action" sequel
>>
>>86727250
>he doesn't know
prepare to get your mind le blown
>>
>>86727303
They've since pointed out that Nala isn't Mufasa daughter, either.
Meaning Mufasa allows roaming bachelors in to fuck his Pride.
So much for the "animal truths" they were talking about.
>>
>>86727486
So Mufasa is a cuck
>>
>>86724434
Why was he named Scar? Like, did they scar him as a baby? Did he take it on as a nickname after getting his scar? If that's true what's his real name?
>>
>>86727598
He was born with the scar so his parents called him scar.
>>
>>86726056
Is it animal truth that has a young adult lion form a friendship with a wildebeest and a meerkat?
>>
>>86727555
the intellectual's fetish tbqh
>>
>>86727635
Absolutely. Everyone knows that.
>>
>>86726774
???
>>
>>86727847
the baby lion presented at the end of TLK 1 that doesn't appear in the sequel
>>
>>86727598
It was a nickname. If you go on some wiki it will tell you whatever his actual name was.
>>
>>86727555
Along with Scar, yes.
They were more alike than it appeared.
>>
>>86727921
? That's the lioness MC in part 2
>>
>>86724434
What I though tall Disney movies were based on true stories?
>>
>>86727598
he was named Taka according to some random disney book, which means trash. fucking shitty parents
>>
>>86727635
>wildebeest
the animals that do the stampede in the gorge, when does he befriend one?
>>
>>86728057
it's not the same lion
>>
File: 1501213792024.jpg (109KB, 998x974px) Image search: [Google]
1501213792024.jpg
109KB, 998x974px
>>86724434

Why do writers feel the need to fuck up their own continuity by going back and retconning shit for no good reason? Why can't they just leave their work as it is? It destroys my ability to develop any sort of investment in their work if the story/lore isn't consistent.
>>
>>86724434
They meant it like the way black people use it, which is more meaningful.
>>
File: 1498708022187.jpg (34KB, 480x370px) Image search: [Google]
1498708022187.jpg
34KB, 480x370px
>>86726056
>Is it animal nature to speak English and gather around members of every species to watch a babboon hold up a new lion cub?

Is it animal nature for their to even exist a monarchy where one species of animal rules over and every other species serves them willingly, even the ones who are their natural prey, and would thus logically have zero reason to have any sort of loyalty to them whatsoever?
>>
>>86727632
>born with a scar
Literally impossible
>>
In the sequel they changed Kovu's origin so he wouldn't be banging his cousin as if that would be wrong.
>>
except there are prides where the two brothers rule.
>>
>>86730355
it's ok in modern media, back in the 90's people were more prudish and hateful
>>
>>86724434
>'The way lions operate in the wil,
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 236x205px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 236x205px
>tfw had a textbook in a film class that said Scar was a gay stereotype and criticized the movie for not using black voice actors
>>
what did scar mean by this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN3FUmPN1mY
>>
No, fuck you Disney producers, Mufasa and Scar were brothers. That very much was established when The Lion King was released and remained so for over 20 years in its numerous re-releases. You can't just turn around and say "actually lol they were never related don't ask how el oh el" for the sake of it. If they weren't related then why does Scar call Simba his nephew, and Simba call Scar his uncle? And why does Mufasa call Scar his brother?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>86731739
Found the pic, sorry if the image gets tilted.
>>
>>86731739
>colleges
>propaganda shitholes
pick two
>>
>>86731862
The fuck is wrong with Disney?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIwIRD9HFDE
>>
>>86724434
>‘The way lions operate in the wil
In the "wil"? What are these retards talking about? Prides often have several male lions. RELATED male lions; brothers. That's pretty much the only time you see males sharing females. To share females with males who are unrelated to you is just retarded.
>>
Yeah rela lions in the wild don't work like that. But this is a fucking cartoon lion. They're not real so why should they have to adhere to real rules.
>>
>>86728448
Just a recolor after they decided to make it a girl
>>
>>86724496

Yeah but Snoop Dogg calls everybody his nephew.
>>
File: 1503319814707.png (157KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1503319814707.png
157KB, 409x409px
>>86732027
>as he plots against Simba
but the plan was already in motion at that point
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.