[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GoT coping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (234KB, 640x798px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234KB, 640x798px
>people defending poor writing
>>
Why didn't Daenerys just flew over with her dragons to beyond the wall to get the walker-wight and return to Dragonstone in less than one hour?
>>
>>86718383
>people can survive 5 days without water

>people can survive 5 days in the frigid cold where the temperatures drop below freezing without food or constant fire

>still have the energy to fight at the end
>>
>>86718666
these people all live in commiefornia or something and don't understand what real winter is like
>>
>>86718666
You're watching a show about dragons fighting zombies. Logic holes concern you?

Honestly what isn't logical at all is the sheer amount of whingeing going on. Why not go write your own internally logical sci-fi fantasy mega-hit instead of spilling so much salty ink about how you feel entitled for things to go a certain way in your special show? Get a life you nerds
>>
>>86718787
because got was pretty good now it's shit and it's kinda annoying
>>
>>86718787
>lmao theres zombies so they can teleport just turn your brain off
>>
>>86718383
I can just tell that GoT is gonna spawn a million shitty frodo threads for decades after the series finally ends.
>>
>>86718787
>A story praised for mixing real-world logic to a fantasy setting
>Becomes illogical
>"Wtf, its just a fantasy show dude stfu, can you do better? thought not, stop making fun on my show! N-Nerds!!!!!!!"

I'm going to assume its bait considering that you went out of your way to include all of the popular fallacies.
>>
File: IMG_1007.jpg (26KB, 306x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1007.jpg
26KB, 306x448px
>>86718383
>a reddit of ice and fire
>>
>>86718787
>what is internal consistency

It's like if somebody got his head cut off in Jurassic Park then five seconds later he grows a new one

>omg they brought dinosaurs back to life but you think that is unrealistic?! xD!
>>
>>86718787
Even the most hardcore fans of the show can clearly spot the drop in quality, it's not entirely on the little inconsistencies either, but still it's really lame. Especially considering the fact that the vast distances between the major characters was a fairly definitive aspect of the show's whole plot up until this season where they decided to just throw all of that out the window.
>>
>I need my hand held and have everything explained to me like a woman or child
>>
>>86718383
It is absolutely incredible how far the are willing to warp reality to make the show seem good.You could post 50% of the threads on there and all of them would be insane.
>>
>>86718383
It's reddit, what the fuck do you expect? It's a cesspool of degeneracy and low standars.
>>
>>86718383
Why do I see people on that website call the banter of this show witty? 99 percent of the banter is about penises, bestiality, abd farting. Do Americans just think foreign accents = smart?
>>
>>86718787
>haha fantasy shows shouldn't have any sense of consistently or logic because they're fantasy

Would you be happy for the next episode to be a Simpsons crossover with Bart riding a dragon? It is fantasy after all, with dragons fighting zombies, so you shouldn't be criticising a logical hole like the Simpsons family turning up in Westeros.
>>
>>86719079
>penises
Those Podrick scenes made me want to break my monitor. And reddit was latching that shit up, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with these people. All of them seem to have the collective IQ of a vegetable.
>>
>>86719057
Does anyone even act like this in /GoT/ threads? I mean acting like gigantic fanboys and frantically trying to sweep shit under the rug.
>>
>>86719079
Americans don't usually get bad words in their shows. Someone saying cunt repeatedly is very exciting for them.
>>
>>86718787
T U R N
I T
O F F
>>
>>86719047
But this stuff can't be explained. That's the problem.
>>
>>86718787
this is bait
>>
File: 1457416808935.jpg (231KB, 1914x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1457416808935.jpg
231KB, 1914x1078px
>>86718787
Goddamn fine troll post sir, well done.
>>
>>86718787
>salty
Why are you using African American Vernacular English?
>>
>>86719079
yeah we really do, european accent + bad words = witty
at least to the average person watching
>>
>>86718787
>HURR DURR DRAGONS, MAGIC, AND ZOMBIES MEANS INTERNAL CONSISTENCY IS OUT THE WINDOW
Holy shit, you're retarded. Don't ever post on this site again.
>>
>>86719116
Sometimes we have people who go out of their way to make a specific moment from the show look bad when there really wasn't a problem, but those complaints usually get discredited.

Overall, when it comes to criticizing the quality of the show as it compares to the quality of earlier seasons, I think /GoT/ is pretty fair.
>>
>>86719186
only niggers w/ dictionarys use the word vernacular, nigger?
>>
This show was at its best when the magical, supernatural elements were kept to a minimum. It's not a coincidence. I think that contributes a lot to people being pissed off with its logical jumps and plot holes now. What got most viewers interested in the show was the medieval setting, the political intrigue and the unpredictability of character deaths. Not zombies or rubber face masks. So it's just not very compelling when you've got characters teleporting around your universe to abruptly end the series with a goodies and baddies battle against ice zombies. People would be more forgiving of the shit storytelling if there were any interesting plot points left. But there isn't.
>>
File: RRRRRRrrr.png (118KB, 547x296px) Image search: [Google]
RRRRRRrrr.png
118KB, 547x296px
>>
All these normies desperately defending the poor writing because they want to keep their social experience going.
>>
What he's saying is technically possible but it's the writer's and editor's job to make it clear that time has passed. Not just cut to the next scene immediately where the dragons arrive.

The simplest explanation is that dumb and dumber didn't even think about this. They've had teleporting armies and fleets all season so they clearly stopped caring about distances.
>>
>>86719454

The fact is that they can't. They're keeping it intentionally vague like this because they know the distance and time won't add up.
>>
>>86719454
its not technically possible, those people would have died in those '5 days'
>>
>>86718383
I have no problem with magical, trans-sonic raven postal service, but literally nothing in the show implies that they were going in a fucking zigzag. There was a blatant scene showing a mountain in the far distance and the Hound mentioning the "Arrow shaped" mountain and that they're getting close, implying that their destination was somewhere near it or at least towards it. Which also means that they weren't randomly covering the area in search of wights, they knew exactly were to look for them.

Why the fuck would you go to such lengths to excuse terrible writing, instead of calling them out on it, so there's at least a sliver of hope that they'll think about shit like this next time they start shitting out something this terrible and poorly thought out.
>>
>>86719198
what the fuck european accent even mean
>>
>>86719515
Well they had backpacks which I assume had food, water and cooking stuff. Maybe wood too because they did make a small fire to ambush the small patrol.

It's definitely a huge stretch of course. It's basically a given that it's stupid writing.
>>
>>86718787
>You share a board with people this stupid.
Fantasy isn't illogical to begin with, they get illogical when they start to transgress the own rule they created.
Dragon and ices zombies aren't illogical they just exist in GOT world
Teleporting dragons don't
>>
>>86719515

They sucked each other's dicks for sustenance. Wasn't that obvious?
The Hound even mentioned cocks and dicks in an earlier conversation as foreshadowing. It was the only liquid they'd be able to ingest while also keeping them warm.
People blatantly try to call out 'bad writing' but everyone is missing such obvious foreshadowing. It proves to me that D&D have a concrete plan and know where the plot is going.
>>
>>86718787
>DUDE FUCK INTERNAL LOGIC BECAUSE IT'S A FANTASY SHOW LMAO!!

Build the wall
>>
Hey how did Jon and the gang plan to grab a zombie if they didn't find that scouting party?
>>
>>86719646
>The Hound wittily mentioned cocks and dicks in an earlier conversation as witty foreshadowing.
Fixed that for you
>>
>>86719688
Guess they were hoping to find stragglers and just nab one.

The more important question is, why did the WW not know that Jon&co were there? They were spotted by a zombie polar bear earlier.
>>
>>86719742
Why would a hivemind have stragglers?
>>
>>86719788
Scouts, sentries. But thats where this whole thing falls apart.

If it's a hivemind, they would know about the fellowship because they just killed the polar bear.

If it's not a hivemind, the entiry army was just moments away from that scouting party and Jon somehow failed to spot an army of tens of thousands.
>>
>>86718383
Why didnt gendry just fly with the eagles?
>>
>>86719646
no way
>>
>>86719305
Wtf does this even mean
>>
>>86719603
british accent
french accent
german accent
etc

basically just pick one, it doesnt really matter although the british accent probably has the strongest effect
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.