[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I kind of enjoyed the Eclipse coverage today. Anyone else?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: solar-eclipse.jpg (93KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
solar-eclipse.jpg
93KB, 670x377px
I kind of enjoyed the Eclipse coverage today. Anyone else?
>>
>>86714514
How is this film related then?
>>
>nature worship covered as public interest in science
I had a giggle
>>
>>86714558
becuase it was captured on video
>>
>>86714558
I dunno. I am watching the new PBS Nova and found that image online. But I liked watching the live TV today.
>>
>>86714514
i couldn't see it since it's overcast here in my little town.
>>
>>86714514
>not seeing the total eclipse in person
>>
I saw the total eclipse in person on a totally clear day. I wasn't even hyped for it but it was actually pretty awesome.
>>
>>86714744
Did you? I'd love to hear your story.
>>
>>86714744
It was covered all day long on every radio and tv news, hours and hours after it occurred
>>
I know it wasn't the same as being there, but I thought the coverage was a great use of HD video and shit.
>>
>>86714711

If you're looking at it with the right equipment it doesn't matter if it's overcast.
>>
>>86714910
THE ONLY POINT WAS BEING DIRECTLY UNDER THE 100% TOTALITY PATH WITH A CLOUDLESS SKY WATCHING THE TOTAL ECLIPSE WITH YOUR BARE EYES GLASSES OFF

ANYTHING LESS IS WORTHLESS
>>
File: ec.png (323KB, 416x798px) Image search: [Google]
ec.png
323KB, 416x798px
>>86714792
I lived in northern Colorado already, so it was just a short trip up to Wyoming. I went with my parents, and we just parked right on the side of the interstate, on the center-line. It was a 3 hour drive there, and a 5 hour drive back (loads of traffic), but it was definitely worth it.

The actual eclipse was completely surreal. The lighting 10 minutes before and after looked completely bizarre, whiter and more sterile looking than sunlight, like slightly dimmed mall lighting. Then the eclipse happens and you realize you can see Mars and Venus at practically noon, with this awesome wisps of light around the sun and moon. I'm too shitty a photographer to get a picture, but we made friends with an army vet who parked in the same spot as us, and he snagged the top pic with the telescope cameral, and later texted it to me. The bottom pic is just showing the neat effect that happens when you hold a colander up to the light during the partial eclipse.

It was a 10/10 experience overall, I'd definitely go for the 2024 one if you have the opportunity to experience the total eclipse. It's a truly remarkable finale to the whole thing, and considering this is a phenomenon that's been around since ancient times, I'd say it holds up really well against pretty much any kind of modern entertainment.
>>
File: zombie apocalypse.jpg (10KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
zombie apocalypse.jpg
10KB, 189x266px
>>86714514

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD THE END IS HERE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE NEXT WEEK ZOMBIEEEEEE APOCALYPSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.