[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can a magnificent show fall so low so quickly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: c9lzmv4d3mgzpnyntz7s.jpg (64KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
c9lzmv4d3mgzpnyntz7s.jpg
64KB, 800x450px
How can a magnificent show fall so low so quickly?
>>
File: THE ONE TRUE AAAGGGH.jpg (249KB, 591x559px) Image search: [Google]
THE ONE TRUE AAAGGGH.jpg
249KB, 591x559px
AAAGGGHHH WHAT'S HAPPENING TO MUH BOOKS
>>
>Game of Thrones
>Magnificent

Anon please.
>>
>quickly
hello newfriend
>>
>>86712071
They must've hired the people that did the last season of Dexter.
>>
>How do we convince ourselves once again that a show is bad now that it's popular?
>>
It's been going downhill for 4 seasons anon
>>
Quick? It's been in decline since season 1
>>
>>86712372
>I watch things because they are popular
how embarrassing
>>
File: 1398209047355.png (130KB, 294x366px) Image search: [Google]
1398209047355.png
130KB, 294x366px
>>86712071
It's literally only because they ran out of book material and started making their own. Had GRRM finished this series before the show caught up, it would still have some source material to be tethered to. It's painfully obvious these writers have no idea what the purpose/fate of certain characters (Littlefinger, Varys, Doran, Stannis) was.
They also started pandering hard to the normie casual watcher crowd and any sort of nuance or subtlety went out the fucking window years ago.
>>
>>86712071
DABID IS GENIUS FAGGOT
>>
The normies got involved and the show producers moved to lower the show to the lowest denominator. I also think there's some fatigue setting in among the hardcore fans. The show was always very good at building intrigue, setting expectations, and creating anxiety among the fans. Now that we're getting closer to the end of the series and all of the characters are approaching their climatic moments and fulfilling their purposes that particular sense of suspense for the well being of the characters is gone. It's now a suspense for the story.
>>
>>86712071
no books = no good writing
It's as simple as that.
>>
Muh writing cucks need to go and stay go the last 2 seasons were the best by far and I actually read the books.
>>
its actually amazing how smoothly it declined, its almost a work of art in itself how it started off so amazing and ended up so awful. you can truly see the whole spectrum of writing quality at work
>>
>>86712473
>I hate things because they are popular
how embarrassing
>>
>>86713206
You couldn't even get through writing this sentence without shitting yourself. Opinion discarded.
>>
Its simple.
GRRM is giving the screen writers the story but they have to piece it together on there own without books to lead off of.
Its still the best thing out right now and if it wasn't for the leaks, people wouldnt be bitching about this season as most have already spoiled the big parts.
>>
>>86712372
It's been popular since the first episode. The fact that it's now reached capeshit levels of cultural ubiquity is not a sign of quality, quite the contrary.
>>
>>86712550
Don't know what mumbo jumbo you're spewing but I'm enjoying the series more than ever.
>>
>>86713242
there was a smooth decline in seasons 2-4, but the big drop off was season 5, which is when D&D did most of the writing
>>
>>86712195
>was
>>
>>86713244
exactly you just outlined how your argument is retarded and can easily be turned on your head
>>
>>86712512
/thread
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.