[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movies with the vibe of The Mothman Prophecies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

I'm talking about movies that make you uneasy. Good horror I guess.
>>
>>86705750
Great movie. I haven't seen anything else with that kind of vibe, unfortunately.
>>
>>86705908
Me either. The closest I can even think of is "A Dark Song." It's got that same alien logic/rules sort of feel to it and much like Mothman, it's very understated but really creepy.

>"No sense in going to the carnival if you're not going to ride all the rides."
>>
File: the_black_door-875076089-large.jpg (32KB, 450x672px) Image search: [Google]
the_black_door-875076089-large.jpg
32KB, 450x672px
>>86705750
OP here, I have remembered another movie called The Black Door, not as good, but with some great bits.
>>
>>86705750
fucking love this film.
so underrated.
so effective.

>>86706207
also quite good.
very weird and left me feeling uneasy.
the found footage bits are quite unnerving.
>>
>>86706198
That movie was OK. Great premise, but after they begin with the rituals it becomes really boring for me. The ending is really good though and I would say that it takes some balls to do something so visually stunning.
>>
File: IMG_8780.jpg (62KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8780.jpg
62KB, 600x402px
>see mothman
>expect giant moth monster snatching men off the ground banging the bridge down
>instead see a hole on the wall with man's silhouette
>>
>>86706309
>the found footage bits are quite unnerving.
With some great bits I was refering to this. I'm glad that you liked the movie.
>>
>>86706534
another great film.
one of my favorites, tbqh.
>>
>>86705750
was there a bridge collapsing in this movie? or I am confusing it with something else
>>
>>86706534
Really great movie, but not that unnerving for me. It's rare to come across with a movie like The Ninth Gate these days. Adventure/Occult genre is kind of a lost art.
>>
>>86706595
>was there a bridge collapsing in this movie?
Yep man.
>>
File: creep-908632647-large.jpg (33KB, 503x755px) Image search: [Google]
creep-908632647-large.jpg
33KB, 503x755px
>>86705750
Creep.
>>
>>86706410
I loved the nuance that went into it all, like the house becoming increasingly dilapidated and the size of the rooms being all wonky.

I also loved the door scenes. Very well done.
>>
I'm so happy I convinced my mom to take me to the Mothman Prophecies in theaters. I haven't seen it since then, but it was terrifying as a kid.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.