[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you make a GTA tv show, /tv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_1455.jpg (607KB, 1044x1302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1455.jpg
607KB, 1044x1302px
How would you make a GTA tv show, /tv/?
>>
I wouldn't. The only value of GTA is actually playing it and watching it react to you.
Anyone who says any GTA has a good story is underage or a retard/autist.
If I absolutely had to make a GTA tv show I'd make it all first person view.
>>
>>86699909
Animal Kingdom is a decent starting point.
>>
>>86699964
You sound legitimately autistic.
>>
File: GTA2_movie_(GTA2)_(van_escape).jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GTA2_movie_(GTA2)_(van_escape).jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>86699909
exactly like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5lKEGYAmME

and use this as intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NCXsrERuNM

but with more gore and titties.

shit would be so much cash
>>
>>86699909
>make a tv show about a game thats a ripoff of various movies
why
>>
>>86700181
he's right, nobody plays gta for the story, they play to shoot shit and cause mayhem and destruction.
>>
File: IMG_0740.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0740.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
A movie based lossely on the plot of Gta 4 would be fucking kino if put in the right hands. You can't argue against this
>>
>>86699964
>Anyone who says any GTA has a good story is underage or a retard/autist.
Oh, please tell us about how much you love the walking dead and got

Fucking IMBD drone moron
>>
>>86700545
possible, but a movie/show based on the GTA2 universe would be much much better.
>>
>>86700632
Says the manchild that plays GTA for the story.
>>
>>86700545
The plot of GTA 4 is shit. You just think it's good because there's a game attached to it and your expectations for the story are low.
>>
>>86699909
You don't
>>
>>86700782
t.Underage who hasn't played any but 5 and maybe a bit of San Andreas when daddy let him
>>
>>86699964
>Anyone who says any GTA has a good story is underage or a retard/autist.

I feel like this is a sincere opinion, so I'll respect it - but just know youre retarded
>>
>>86700865
That's a very autistic post.
/v/ is over there by the way.
>>
>>86700782
You don't know what the word "manchild" means.
>>
>>86700892
GTA has always objectively had shit writing. I don't argue that it's a great game but the story is not the strong feature, it's just an excuse plot every time. It's only okay by action videogame standards.
>>
>>86700545
what even was the plot of gta4? what I remember
>i vant new life roman no more killing
>kills 50% of the population of liberty city
>doesnt kill the guy from his military blah blah blah
>cunt dies or roman dies
the only thing gta 4 even did well was the combat system but the AI was so crap it hardly matters: cars - shit handling. Graphics grey and blur with bad textures. City is huge but nothing really interesting to do in it and it's tedious to get to other islands. Half the missions are boring unnecessary tutorials just to show off features that don't add anything and/or aren't even used later in the game.
>>
>>86700905
t. triggered manchild autist
>>
>>86701008
you sound mad
>>
>>86701099
You are the one who keeps replying to him, dumb gamer kid.
>>86700970
You forgot the bowling.
>>
>>86701178
why are you mad
>>
>>86701227
Because his parents wouldn't let him play these "dirty" games. They only would let him play pokemon.
>>
>>86701227
>>86701265
>this is the current state of /tv/
You need to be over 18 to use this website.
>>
File: IMG_0971.jpg (995KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0971.jpg
995KB, 2048x1536px
>>86700970
what even was the plot of gta4?

>niko comes to murrica and wants to start over
>shit catches up to him and the people he meets drag him deeper into the game
>russian mob and Bulgarin are hunting him
>eventually he has to decide who to safe, his love or his cousin

also the diamond plot was also very well made, we got to see it from 3 different perpective and in the end some hobo got em.

>the only thing gta 4 even did well was the combat system
not only that, physics were a big thing in GTA IV

>the AI was so crap
it wasn't as bad as in V thats for sure. and you could get other NPCs into streetfights with each other who then attack cops and shit hits the fan.
that was cool.

>cars - shit handling
it wasn't that bad and it actually took some skill to be able to drive them, I perfected the art of GTA IV driving in the multiplayer and had a fucking blast, pic related.

>Graphics grey and blur with bad textures
it was absolutely stunning for 2008, even on Xbox, the amount of detail was amazing. even in 2013 I was still finding new things in the city that I haven't seen before.

the game wasn't perfect but it was a pretty good GTA game.
>>
>>86701295
>he doesn't enjoy television, film, video games, and podcasts in his spare time
>he deliberately limits himself to only two things and then feels a sense of superiority about it
my fuckin sides
>>
File: pQo7e8E.jpg (43KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
pQo7e8E.jpg
43KB, 514x536px
>>86701300
It was a rhetorical question, you didn't have to make such an autistic post about it.
>>
File: IMG_6721.jpg (118KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6721.jpg
118KB, 800x600px
>>86701385
yes I had to, I spend literally thousends of hours in GTA IV. I know the Streets of Liberty City very very well.
>>
File: IMG_0973.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0973.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>86701479
back story: me and bro who is the boss (Cops & Crooks mode) are fleeing in a Sultan RS and n00bs who can't drive can't catch up and get BTFO.
>>
>>86701600
>lv 8
It took long as fuck to level up in IV's multiplayer.
>>
>>86701300
>not only that, physics were a big thing in GTA IV
physics were impressive in 2004 with hl2 nothing after that has made any significant strides from a consumer standpoint
>it wasn't as bad as in V thats for sure. and you could get other NPCs into streetfights with each other who then attack cops and shit hits the fan.
I haven't played V, but I meant the AI (cops) aimbotting through windshields, whoever gave them shotguns was a sadist. Trying to play ccop gets you one shotted when they get close.
>it wasn't that bad and it actually took some skill to be able to drive them, I perfected the art of GTA IV driving in the multiplayer and had a fucking blast, pic related.
Yeah dude it's easy enough to drive them, the point is it's not fun. You have to go 20 mph to take any turn.
>it was absolutely stunning for 2008, even on Xbox, the amount of detail was amazing
You must have low standards man I've got N64 games that have better visuals than GTA4
>>
File: IMG_6720.jpg (115KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6720.jpg
115KB, 800x600px
>>86701887
I even got to level 9, and I only ever played Cops & Crooks mode where you got like 1200 when you won a round.

it took forever m8.

>>86701953
>physics were impressive in 2004 with hl2 nothing after that has made any significant strides from a consumer standpoint
the engine they used in IV was something new, the way the bodys reacted to getting hit n stuff. it was impressive at the time.

>You have to go 20 mph to take any turn.
when you're a n00b, I can perfectly drift around corners at high speed, pull almost impossible maneuvers and make kiddies rage who accused me of hacking.

>You must have low standards man I've got N64 games that have better visuals than GTA4
it was alright for the time. also on PC you can mod it to make it look better.
>>
>>86702153
how old are you even
>>
File: IMG_0972.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0972.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>86702498
>>
i wouldn't
>>
>>86699909
Ok, since this thread consists of nothing but assholes who think they're better than everybody else. I'm going to give my input: If I were to create a TV-series around GTA IV it would consist of no more than 3 seasons (30 episodes) The first season would be about Niko arriving by boat in New York City, struggling to make a living and ending up in crime with the Albanians and Russians due to his incompetent cousin etc. etc. basically ending the season with them being backstabbed by Dimitri and being forced to flee Brooklyn and move to the Bronx. That's where the second season would begin and then the Manhattan stuff with the Irish and the diamonds stuff etc. etc. basically until the bank heist. Then the third season would focus on the New Jersey part with the Pegorino mafia and end it with the tragedy of Kate dying, killing Darko after taking revenge on Dimitri and show Niko unhappy about the decisions he's made but feeling he's done the right thing as he's now a millionaire.
>>
>>86702884
Another extremely autistic post. Idk why I expected anything different from adults who play videogames.
>>
>>86703095
Yet you whine on this thread on 4Chan while lurking in your mother's basement pretending to be some exalted art connoisseur pretending you're superior to your peers, I'd rather be playing videogames than having you as company
>>
I would make a tv show about the wacky adventures and high jinks Trevor Phillips gets in while living out in Blaine County.
>>
File: 4uyix0.jpg (17KB, 274x271px) Image search: [Google]
4uyix0.jpg
17KB, 274x271px
>>86703517
would only work if you could get Steven Ogg.

https://youtu.be/hsaLDnl_fEs
>>
>>86700215
this was such a good ass game/movie
>>
>>86703694
He nailed it. What a great actor.
>>
GTA 5 has better characters
>>
>>86703424
Hey Hey Hey

a mother's basement is much better than a father's upstairs bedroom
>>
>>86699909
Kinda like Fargo, but the seasons are more connected story wise even though they all have their own stories and characters, a character from the first season could be the main character for another season and shit like that
All taking place in the GTA universe where ALL games are canon excluding the 2D ones, meaning that for example Michael De Santa or Trevor Phillips could appear for le reddit points
And it should be for Netflix
>>
>>86700962
no gta has always had really solid writing. seriously. especially for a video game
>>
>>86703939
Better than Negan in TWD recently
>>
>>86700331
Who gives a fuck what plebs play it for?
>>
>>86702884
So literally the story of the game beat for beat? Fuck off, that's now how you make an adaptation, specially not of something already so close to movies such as videogames.
>>
>>86699909
10 episode-per-season anthology show in the style of Pusher, with some dark humor thrown in.
>>
>>86700962
Finding it hard to think of examples of objectively shit writing desu.
>>
File: Tom Riddle.jpg (48KB, 736x754px) Image search: [Google]
Tom Riddle.jpg
48KB, 736x754px
>>86704490
>>
>>86700905
Anybody over the age of 18 that plays video games on a regular basis is a manchild and a huge loser.
>>
>>86700215
Claude Speed ftw
>>
>>86702618
were you one of these faggots running around with the ar with one shot?
>>
>>86705121
sometimes I was but I was also efficient with every weapon ingame.

especially loved when the enemys decided to make it pistols only and me and my buddy just sniped them one shot with the deagle.
>>
if you just look at the outline gta stories are decent, enough to make a good movie. the dialogue and many situations are made to be funny or as a parody it's which doesn't take itself serious
>>
>>86705265
the combat was so horrible compared to gta v, just sucks that everybody plays with auto aim
>>
>>86704726
agreed, but I do love playing occasionally
>>
>>86705336
believe it or not but even that shitty auto aim took some skill, you had to adjust a bit and many people just didn't get it and thus got murdered by me.
>>
File: IMG_0583.jpg (42KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0583.jpg
42KB, 459x459px
>>86699964
Confirmed for having never played GTA IV, and you're probably from reddit
>>
GTA storylines are directly plagiarized from genre movies and popular culture

its like if Tarantino made a videogame, it has no merits on its own nor originality...
>>
>>86700962
>people who say something is objective just because they have a strong opinion about it.
>>
>>86706642
dude I already told how it could work
see >>86700215
>>
>>86706642
Indeed, yet the Houser brothers are millionaires, Rockstar Games is a billion dollar company and you're probably living off social security
>>
>>86706758
nah i'm sure it's entertaining to the casuals who've only seen transformers and capeshit, and never an actual movie like yourself so go ahead dipshit
>>
Gta 4 turned into a tv series would be cool. Rags to riches style with all the conflicts and different characters along the way. A story of the "American dream".

The bank heist episodes would be thrilling to watch and the ending with his ak on his shoulder with the statue of liberty at his back would be one of the best endings ever.
>>
>>86701008
You're just going all out with those lame insults aren't ya?
>>
>>86706642
thanks Reddit
>>
>>86705336
>Combat in GTA V:
>punch someone twice, they die.
>shoot someone in the leg to drop them, RDR style, they die first.

GTA V is the most overhyped, overrated game ever. Except for maybe Fallout 4.
>>
>>86704726
The fact alone that you unironically think this makes you a manchild. Get back in touch with reality before making retarded statements to give yourself an ego boost.
>>
>>86707027
yeah but the controls handling cover etc are very well made for a 3rd person game unlike in gta 4 where it was a nightmare
>>
>>86707103
the GTA IV controls weren't that bad.
>>
>>86707103
none of the guns felt like they had impact.
the shooting was fucking boring.
>>
I would cast Jeremy Piven for every role
>>
>you're an autist
>you're underage
>you're a manchild
>hurrr durrrrr
Great thread
>>
>>86707103
>Running over people in IV>Running over people in V.
Loved the sound of bodies hitting the car. So much fun to hit people, slam the brakes, and send em ragdolling off a ledge or into the side of a dumpster.

>>86707373
Shooting people in IV>shooting people in V
In IV shoot someone in the hand, they drop their gun, shoot em in the leg, they grab their leg hobbling away. In V they just fall over and die

Not to mention that how stupid and over aggressive cop AI is in V. The only upperhand V has over IV is cops will drag dead cops out of the road in the middle of a gunfight.
>>
>>86707153
I think the most fun driving in any game is Mafia III. Sleeping Dogs was cool what with the action jumping and being able to ramp cars with a bike
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.